PDA

View Full Version : Predictable

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 04:28 PM
We can beat Hearts at Tynie no problem , but we can’t follow it up , no winning mentality , no desire , no consistency, what is our problem , thoughts ?

nonshinyfinish
29-12-2019, 04:29 PM
My thought is that we should at least wait to find out if we lose before slating the team.

DarlingtonHibee
29-12-2019, 04:29 PM
What a load of rubbish

Since452
29-12-2019, 04:32 PM
We can beat Hearts at Tynie no problem , but we can’t follow it up , no winning mentality , no desire , no consistency, what is our problem , thoughts ?

Today is the harder game

Sammy7nil
29-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Aberdeen and Motherwell drop points and we lose how typically Hibs

Weegreenman
29-12-2019, 04:37 PM
The cake is missing a few ingredients. It tastes just ok but it’ll taste amazing once you get the mix right. Roll on January.

dastardly8
My thought is that we should at least wait to find out if we lose before slating the team.

2-0 as I said predictable

EI255
Exactly the sort of result that will mean no European football next year.

That stadium is just cursed for us.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
29-12-2019, 04:40 PM
2-0 as I said predictable

Well done you.

It certainly sounds like we've played poorly, but have you considered that beating the worst team in the league is easier than winning away at a team that rarely loses at home?

Disappointing result, but spare me the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

EI255
29-12-2019, 04:40 PM
One shot on target at Livingston. Oh dear.

SlickShoes
29-12-2019, 04:42 PM
We have an unbalanced squad capable of only really playing one way that relies on individual good performances too. We need different players to resolve this and it may happen in January but more likely the summer.

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Well done you.

It certainly sounds like we've played poorly, but have you considered that beating the worst team in the league is easier than winning away at a team that rarely loses at home?

Disappointing result, but spare me the wailing and gnashing of teeth. This is the kind of display that frustrates all hibs fans , we should be on a high after the derby win but can’t follow it up ,, I’m only saying we are so predictable

Beefster
29-12-2019, 04:43 PM

We’re still suffering the effects of Heckingbottom and Stockdale. It’s going to take at least two windows to undo.

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Jack Ross already said not much needed in the window , I beg to differ

Weegreenman
29-12-2019, 04:45 PM
We have an unbalanced squad capable of only really playing one way that relies on individual good performances too. We need different players to resolve this and it may happen in January but more likely the summer.

Ye I agree with this, more likely to happen in the summer. I’m looking forward to some of the old guard being replaced. Your Stevenson’s and Hanlon’s have been good servants but I think they need replaced.

Jim44

Massive changes needed in the window if we are to get remotely near where we should be.

Beefster

He says otherwise and he’s making the same mistake as Butcher. We already know that writing off the existing squad doesn’t work.

Since452
29-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Very predictable. The only teams we've beaten away recently are Hearts and St Johnstone. Both were bottom when we beat them. We're very much a mid table team. Interested to see who Ross brings in.

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Goal scorers needed , real penalty box chance takers , new centre back at least , hard man midfielder and a leader of men centre half at least

Malthibby
29-12-2019, 04:48 PM

Hopefully today will help revise that opinion, assuming of course that he wasn't just being politic, trying to encourage the players at the club while knowing damn fine we're unbalanced & need 3/4 players in.
GG

DarlingtonHibee
29-12-2019, 04:50 PM

Why don't you leave it to jack, or go back to tynie

Greencore
29-12-2019, 04:51 PM
You're gonna get pelters for this. But you're correct. Investment needed.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2019, 04:51 PM

He's saying that so as not to demoralise the current squad, a la Butcher.

There will be new faces, and before we go to Tannadice.

sean04
29-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Hearts are absolutely terrible. Bottom of the league for a reason. Beating them doesn’t make us a good side

dastardly8
29-12-2019, 04:52 PM
It’s the team that needs pelters not me

Biggie
29-12-2019, 04:56 PM
So, so hibs

Pagan Hibernia
29-12-2019, 04:57 PM
A potentially great day ruined. Aberdeen, Motherwell and Killie all slip up, hearts fail to win again, and hamilton and st Mirren both win to leave the cardigans deeper in the ****.

i can’t take any pleasure in any of the above.

Cheers Hibs. Again.

Waxy
29-12-2019, 04:59 PM

He’ll want his own players though he’ll be happy to work with the players we have in the meantime.
It’s a new start and we’ve just had a good derby win.Chill.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Disappointing today but resukts elsewhere meant our chances of Europe didn’t get too much worse while Hearts position got a good bit worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson
29-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Players looked absolutely knackered today. I know we’ve had a busy schedule and had a big game on boxing day but that half hearted attitude is why we’re lingering in mid table.

DetroitHibs
29-12-2019, 05:05 PM
We need 2-3 quality players. The squad on a whole isn’t that far off from challenging for a top 3 spot. The key for me is a defensive midfielder. Adding that will allow Hallberg to get further forward and Allan too. I think that’s a massive piece of the puzzle. Then having a full fit Flo and Boyle will further implement that. I wouldn’t mind seeing another forward signed and a couple of defenders either.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Dundee Utd will be rubbing their hands now. We will not beat them based on that performance. Just shocking today. Heckingbottom stiff that.

chrisski33
29-12-2019, 05:06 PM
It’s the team that needs pelters not me

Im with so dont worry. It was predictable that after beating a poor hearts team we wouldbt do well against livi but they are a good team. We arent as good yet we can be yet but we will get better.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 05:07 PM
I just said on another thread that I don't think we will do a huge amount in January. I certainly don't see us bringing in 4, 5 or 6 new players. There will be additions but probably as part of a bigger picture and with an eye on the major rebuild we so obviously need.

3rd or 4th is not happening. We'd need to win 4 games more than Motherwell in a 17 game period to get 3rd. We've won half as many as them in the 21 we have already played, it's not happening. There's no point in making poor value for money additions in January, if a good deal presents itself then great. If it doesn't then so be it.

lord bunberry
29-12-2019, 05:08 PM
The rest of the season is going to be a mix of highs and lows. We need players in key positions and we won’t get or even try to get them all in January. The reason we were second bottom wasn’t solely down to the previous managers lack of coaching ability, it was also his recruitment. The first issue has been addressed, but the second will take a bit longer.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Im with so dont worry. It was predictable that after beating a poor hearts team we wouldbt do well against livi but they are a good team. We arent as good yet we can be yet but we will get better.

Livingston are not a good team. Were you at the game?

USAHibby
29-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Hearts beat themselves in that game. We seem to struggle big time when teams actually turn up. The lesson today is that we're really not that good. There's a lot of huffing and puffing, but the quality is severely lacking.

JohnMcM
29-12-2019, 05:12 PM
Disappointed.
Not surprised.
Simply disappointed, feeling let down and empty.
Again.

Thanks Hibs, after more than 50 years you'd think I'd be unaffected by days like this wouldn't you?

Cataplana
29-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Disappointed.
Not surprised.
Simply disappointed, feeling let down and empty.
Again.

Thanks Hibs, after more than 50 years you'd think I'd be unaffected by days like this wouldn't you?

You really should be.

JohnMcM
29-12-2019, 05:18 PM
You really should be.

Yes, maybe.
I care though.:wink:

Cataplana
29-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Yes, maybe.
I care though.:wink:

It will all be right at the end of the day.

rcarter1
29-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Hearts beat themselves in that game. We seem to struggle big time when teams actually turn up. The lesson today is that we're really not that good. There's a lot of huffing and puffing, but the quality is severely lacking.

Agree with this. For some reason we find it really difficult to get back into games once the opposition have got on top of us. The Hearts game was a good example, but it happened to be our day as they couldn't finish. Worse, is we almost always let the opposition back onto us even if we have played well for a long spell. Its a shame because we have some of best attacking players in the division (outside OF).

Hi Heid Yin
29-12-2019, 05:39 PM
We are a mediocre mid-table team, whereby we win one, we draw one and we lose on (in any order you like).
We are still woefully short in terms of the quality required to have us seriously competing for 3rd place, so losing to Livingston seriously did not surprise me.
The truth is that we are as close to Hearts as we are to Motherwell.
I remain hopeful that Jack Ross will be given the funds to secure the 3 or 4 players we badly need to help us push on.

eastcoasthibby
29-12-2019, 05:43 PM
One shot on target at Livingston. Oh dear.

That's because the rest of the time we are trying to walk it on or play extra passes instead of having a shot ....

eastcoasthibby
29-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Agree with this. For some reason we find it really difficult to get back into games once the opposition have got on top of us. The Hearts game was a good example, but it happened to be our day as they couldn't finish. Worse, is we almost always let the opposition back onto us even if we have played well for a long spell. Its a shame because we have some of best attacking players in the division (outside OF).
We have no leaders on the park that can drive us forward ..have energy to go and shut players down its all a wander out to shut someone down or a half hearted.foot in. ..

gillythehibby
29-12-2019, 05:51 PM

Bog standard players that’s what. Top players can put it in week after week. Thus was hardly a surprise. Same old Hibs. Annoyingly!

chrisski33
29-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Livingston are not a good team. Were you at the game?

Beat us 2-0 id say they are on par with us. Depends what u class as good. Pretty arrogant to say they arent.

Iain G
29-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Bog standard players that’s what. Top players can put it in week after week. Thus was hardly a surprise. Same old Hibs. Annoyingly!

Top players dont play for Hibs! Typical up and down season for us so far and nothing our new manager will not have identified already, expecting we get in 2 or 3 signings in January. The break is good to allow the new coaching team to have some prolonged time to work with the squad.

Captain Trips
29-12-2019, 06:17 PM
We really need and I think should be picking points up at Livingston. The club since 2016 has been on an up levelled off and was in process of heading in the wrong direction.

I think Jack will stop that and have us going the other way but in order to do this I think we need rid of quite a few dead wood.

Some of the 2016 class are becoming unreliable some of the players since then have failed or are failing. We should be in position by now that we are far more consistent.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Beat us 2-0 id say they are on par with us. Depends what u class as good. Pretty arrogant to say they arent.

Not arrogant at all. Hibs were absolutely ****ing gash yesterday, Livingston did not have to much to get their win. We rolled over for them. East Fife would have beaten us yesterday.

Hiber-nation
30-12-2019, 09:36 AM
Not arrogant at all. Hibs were absolutely ****ing gash yesterday, Livingston did not have to much to get their win. We rolled over for them. East Fife would have beaten us yesterday.

What a load of bollox. This season I've never seen a team work so hard and press the ball so well as Livi did yesterday.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2019, 09:40 AM
What a load of bollox. This season I've never seen a team work so hard and press the ball so well as Livi did yesterday.

Aye ok then.

wookie70
30-12-2019, 10:33 AM
I just said on another thread that I don't think we will do a huge amount in January. I certainly don't see us bringing in 4, 5 or 6 new players. There will be additions but probably as part of a bigger picture and with an eye on the major rebuild we so obviously need.

3rd or 4th is not happening. We'd need to win 4 games more than Motherwell in a 17 game period to get 3rd. We've won half as many as them in the 21 we have already played, it's not happening. There's no point in making poor value for money additions in January, if a good deal presents itself then great. If it doesn't then so be it.

I agree with this. There is a small gamble as we are not out of the woods in terms of a relegation or playoff spot but it does seem unlikely. We do have 3 more points that we did after 21 games when we were relegated but the squad has enough match winners that we will win a game here and there.

I'd like to see some solidity in the centre of the park brought in and another option up front. Someone who will run the channels as we are playing plenty hoofball at the moment particularly away from home. See out the season hopefully in the top 6 and give the boss all that time to work out what he needs to buy and what he needs to write off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2019, 10:44 AM
The Livingston players all knew their jobs and stuck to them , and their subbies were very much like for like. Two goals from a centre half says an awful lot