PDA

View Full Version : Flying the flag

CLASS OF 72 -73
29-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Thought the Watford and Norwich games yesterday had a good atmosphere with the flag flying across the whole section behind the goals. I know we have painful patches in the FFS and the singing section do their bit but this European style would look good particularly in the big games.

Phil MaGlass
29-12-2019, 10:47 AM
wouldnt work, someone would complain about the cold breeze emanating. from the big flags being waved

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Flag Debate!

:offski:

Vault Boy
29-12-2019, 10:50 AM
Norwich give the fans flags and streamers to account for the lack of an organic atmosphere. Said fans then hand them back to the club at the end of the games.

No, really!

Pretty Boy
29-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Norwich give the fans flags and streamers to account for the lack of an organic atmosphere. Said fans then hand them back to the club at the end of the games.

No, really!

Leicester hand out those thunder stick things before games as well. Utterly tragic.

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 10:53 AM

No, really!

Leicester hand out those thunder stick things before games as well. Utterly tragic.

That really is tragic.

:rolleyes:

Vault Boy
29-12-2019, 10:59 AM

That really is tragic.

:rolleyes:

Aye it's a bit of a shame really, the fans are brilliant at packing the stadium out for every match, but I think the club's focus on being a family day out has usurped the more passionate, loud support.

It's also maybe just a Norfolk thing.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2019, 11:00 AM

No, really!Never knew that and I've been to Carrow Road a few times, always a great day out and great atmosphere in and around the ground.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
29-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Never knew that and I've been to Carrow Road a few times, always a great day out and great atmosphere in and around the ground.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

It's always a good humoured and very enjoyable match day. :agree:

They're just one of many clubs that are often outsung by the away support. I was in the away end with the Pompey fans last season and had a completely different Carrow Road experience!

The flag thing is well known amongst the support as far as I can tell. I actually agree with the OP that they look good, just found the origin unusual.