Assuming Allan and Kamberi are out, would go with:

Marciano

Naismith McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Hallberg

Slivka Newell

Mallan

Boyle Doidge

That's the team for me

Edit: i had assumed from the op allan was out. If fit i would play him over mallan.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 06:14 AM
Why would Allan be assumed out?

J-C
29-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Why would Allan be assumed out?

Keep it fresh, with his known diabetes issues and to give game time to others, Mallan playing behind the 2 makes sense.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 06:54 AM
Keep it fresh, with his known diabetes issues and to give game time to others, Mallan playing behind the 2 makes sense.

It’s a bit of a leap to assume he’ll be out because of those reasons though.

I get the logic why he may want to rotate the squad a bit bit with there being a break just after today’s game I think he’s got to go with the team that started the derby.

cocteautwin
29-12-2019, 07:11 AM
You’d leave 2 x derby assist Scott Allan out? Just no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swordin3
29-12-2019, 07:22 AM
Assuming Allan and Kamberi are out, would go with:

Marciano

Naismith McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Hallberg

Slivka Newell

Mallan

Boyle Doidge

Is the Livingstone pitch not artificial perhaps Boyle due to his previous injury may be one he may rest not because of performance but a necessity in case his knee is damaged.. To be fair we are not in a position to take out our form players but he could play Horgan up with Doidge.

Northernhibee
29-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Is there a danger of the game being called into doubt? Was out in Livi last night so stayed over, horrendous wind and rain outside.

green day
29-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Is there a danger of the game being called into doubt? Was out in Livi last night so stayed over, horrendous wind and rain outside.

No

J-C
29-12-2019, 07:31 AM
It’s a bit of a leap to assume he’ll be out because of those reasons though.

I get the logic why he may want to rotate the squad a bit bit with there being a break just after today’s game I think he’s got to go with the team that started the derby.

Remember I didn't say leave him out, just trying to figure out the OP team and playing Mallan instead. There's nothing wrong with a wed bit rotation, most clubs do it, Mallan is an able deputy for Allan.

Personally I'd go with the team from Thursday.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Remember I didn't say leave him out, just trying to figure out the OP team and playing Mallan instead. There's nothing wrong with a wed bit rotation, most clubs do it, Mallan is an able deputy for Allan.

Personally I'd go with the team from Thursday.

Yeah, it was the OP that said they were assuming that Allan would be out.

I don’t see any reason to assume that’d be the case?

He might decide to rest him or rotate the squad but I’d be surprised if he did that.

eebsie
29-12-2019, 08:04 AM

What is it about his diabetes that makes it best to drop him for this game?
Just interested?

SiinDubai
29-12-2019, 08:14 AM
I think I read somewhere yesterday he was a doubt for today's game as he was suffering from a virus.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Just interested?

It’s a condition that’s very exhausting and I think the feeling is that two games in a week could catch up with him as he’s not had enough recovery time since the first match.

That’s the logic anyway I think, not sure I agree with it though, I’m sure he’s more than capable of playing 60 odd minutes on one game and able to play the second match no bother.

danhibees1875
29-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Same team again if possible. :aok:

J-C
29-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Just interested?

Type 1 diabetes can really drain you and it always amazes me when when I see athletes at the top of their sports with it. Jay Cutler (US football) and Wasim Akram (cricket) had type 1 and Steve Redgrave had type 2.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Type 1 diabetes can really drain you and it always amazes me when when I see athletes at the top of their sports with it. Jay Cutler (US football) and Wasim Akram (cricket) had type 1 and Steve Redgrave had type 2.

Gary mabbut and Danny mcgrain the only footballers I know with it.

It’s a huge credit to Allan he’s made it to this level and why I get annoyed at people who have questioned his attitude or commitment in the past.

eebsie
29-12-2019, 08:38 AM
I know about type 1 diabetes. My daughter has it. I know Scott Allan has it and must do a fantastic job of managing it to be able to play as he does. I just don’t know if/why 2 games back to back make it harder to recover than any other player?

bingo70
29-12-2019, 08:41 AM
I know about type 1 diabetes. My daughter has it. I know Scott Allan has it and must do a fantastic job of managing it to be able to play as he does. I just don’t know if/why 2 games back to back make it harder to recover than any other player?

I agree with you but I think the assumption would be that it would take him longer to recover from the first game.

You’ll know more about the condition than I do though if your daughter has it.

MacGruber
29-12-2019, 08:51 AM
OP is assuming Allan is out as he has been ill and this has been covered in the media and directly by Jack Ross - saying he'll need to wait and see if Allan makes it Sunday as been unwell

bingo70
29-12-2019, 08:56 AM
OP is assuming Allan is out as he has been ill and this has been covered in the media and directly by Jack Ross - saying he'll need to wait and see if Allan makes it Sunday as been unwell

Cheers.

That makes more sense, managed to miss that in the build up to this game.

Bloody Christmas drinking for you

makaveli1875
29-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Yeah, it was the OP that said they were assuming that Allan would be out.

I don’t see any reason to assume that’d be the case?

He might decide to rest him or rotate the squad but I’d be surprised if he did that.

Jack ross said Allan is doubtful , took a knock against the cloggers. Probably why he came off early

Allant1981
29-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Jack ross said Allan is doubtful , took a knock against the cloggers. Probably why he came off early

He has been unwell which is why he is a doubt, personally think he will start and come off after an hour or so

Steve88
29-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Strong a team as possible please. likely we'll see Mallan for Allan.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Newell start this one to give us some extra muscle in midfield :cb

FilipinoHibs
29-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Just interested?

I heard he has been carrying a knock and needs rested to recover.

Diclonius
29-12-2019, 10:35 AM

Didn't think it would be so controversial! :greengrin

If fit then he replaces Mallan, obviously.