PDA

View Full Version : BBC Scotland

Cat Stanton
28-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Fabulous, in depth, coverage of the Scottish "championship" games on the home page of BBC Scotland sport/football website, I see.

(note sarcasm - there is currently not a single headline despite a full schedule of games today).

I'm sure it was exactly the same when Sevco were in that division...

JimBHibees
28-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Fabulous, in depth, coverage of the Scottish "championship" games on the home page of BBC Scotland sport/football website, I see.

(note sarcasm - there is currently not a single headline despite a full schedule of games today).

Yep great opportunity to cover that league in depth. No doubt all the journos studying all aspects of old firm trivia instead.

vuefrom1875
28-12-2019, 07:36 PM

Mickey mouse station.

Kojock
28-12-2019, 07:56 PM
If the bigot brothers ain’t playing today then the impartial BBC Scotland don’t give a duck.

greenlex
28-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Radio was its usual thorough self. Reports etc from all the grounds at the bigger games etc.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Radio was its usual thorough self. Reports etc from all the grounds at the bigger games etc.

And they had interviews from Div 2 games

greenlex
28-12-2019, 08:05 PM
And they had interviews from Div 2 games
Yup.

Deansy
28-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Saw this earlier today -

The Top 50 Scottish sporting stars of decade 50-41'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/50904948

It's revealing 10 names a day with the top 10 on Hogmanay - but what's really interesting is, in the promotional-video, Steven Gerrard features in it ??. He's neither Scottish nor has he won anything - in Scotland - so it's going to be really interesting to see if he is actually included in this list and the justification for it ??. Celtic/players will obviously feature due to their current run but are BBC Scot/Tom English chucking Gerrard in to keep the knuckle-draggers of the other 'Cheek of the same arse' happy ??

The 90+2
28-12-2019, 08:37 PM
They have the normal podcast today and it covers the rest of Scottish football if that helps?

Are they going to get more hits this evening on their website from people looking for match reports of Inverness v Arbroath or maybe the Prem games tomorrow highlighted by the OF derby?

Moaning for moaning sake.

Rumble de Thump
28-12-2019, 08:40 PM
It's a public service broadcaster. Where the hits come from is irellevant.

jacomo
28-12-2019, 08:41 PM
They have the normal podcast today and it covers the rest of Scottish football if that helps?

Are they going to get more hits this evening on their website from people looking for match reports of Inverness v Arbroath or maybe the Prem games tomorrow highlighted by the OF derby?

I’m a big supporter of the BBC, but ‘thanks to the unique way it is funded’ it doesn’t need to be as rating driven as other media platforms.

In fact, I would say it has a duty to cover events that are ignored by commercial trash like TALK*****.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Ok so you get to change things to make it better:

Some suggestions...

1) remove the entire current editorial team
2) experiment: construct an editorial team that rotates
3) remove folks being controversial for controversial’s sake (don’t be an obtuse knob) have a bit of “give and take”
4) reset Richard Gordon to his pre-nugget factory setting
5) remove default settings from ex-OF sooks
6) limit banging/droning on about some slo-Mo controversy without sweeping gross injustices under the carpet
7) hold the game’s representatives to account without fear or favour.
8) limit airtime of people with conflict of interest (agents such as Gordon Smith and Alan Preston got way too much airtime).

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 08:59 PM
It’s nothing more than SNP TV and should be scrapped...

St.Kristopher
28-12-2019, 09:04 PM
It's the old guard of BBC Scotland, the same bunch that think only an excuse is still viable. To be fair though the new BBC Scotland channel is certainly heading in the right direction...’a view from the terrace’ is excellent and while they cover Rangers and Celtic they get about the same amount of air time as Cove Rangers.

-Jonesy-
28-12-2019, 09:08 PM

Right...

hhibs
28-12-2019, 09:09 PM

Irony, or you really have been partaking waaaaaaay too deeply !

Certainly would have no arguement with your second point though.

JimBHibees
28-12-2019, 09:19 PM

:faf:

ronaldo7
28-12-2019, 09:22 PM

😂👌

madsen5
28-12-2019, 09:29 PM
😂👌

Of course we really need Boris in charge because we're too wee, too poor, too stupid, naw we're not.
Pathetic unionist drivel.

Cat Stanton
28-12-2019, 09:35 PM

Mrs Cat Stanton would heartily agree with you that I do indeed like moaning for moaning sake... however, would you call it that if Hibs were still in the championship and there was so little coverage? It's not a massive deal, but it's a public service broadcaster and so has a duty to cover these games in all formats, not just when The Rangers were down there.

But, yes, there are more important things in life to moan about it. I'll get onto them now..

The 90+2
28-12-2019, 10:04 PM
I’m a big supporter of the BBC, but ‘thanks to the unique way it is funded’ it doesn’t need to be as rating driven as other media platforms.

In fact, I would say it has a duty to cover events that are ignored by commercial trash like TALK*****.

True. 👍

The 90+2
28-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Mrs Cat Stanton would heartily agree with you that I do indeed like moaning for moaning sake... however, would you call it that if Hibs were still in the championship and there was so little coverage? It's not a massive deal, but it's a public service broadcaster and so has a duty to cover these games in all formats, not just when The Rangers were down there.

But, yes, there are more important things in life to moan about it. I'll get onto them now..

I didn’t even contemplate the public funded part tbh and you’re totally right.

What I would say in all fairness though is if there was a full card of League 2 football down south it would dominate the bbc football headlines either.

Tomsk
28-12-2019, 11:38 PM

It's worse than that. It's Weegie TV - always has been - and Weegie is currently SNP hence why the SNP get such a free run there.

hhibs
29-12-2019, 12:04 AM
It's worse than that. It's Weegie TV - always has been - and Weegie is currently SNP hence why the SNP get such a free run there.

:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Tomsk
29-12-2019, 12:09 AM
:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

You ok?

norhfc
29-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Might as well drop the Scotland bit.

vercol36
29-12-2019, 01:25 AM

It's funny. I know people who say it's a tory mouthpiece. All I just know it as a ******g excellent telly producer.