PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Livi

hibeerealist
28-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Best places to park, closer the better as have wee kids going?

Booth for tickets?

lord bunberry
28-12-2019, 05:48 PM

Booth for tickets?
They’ve got a massive car park at the stadium it’s the best away game in Scotland to take the car to. It costs about a fiver I think.

Kojock
28-12-2019, 05:49 PM

Booth for tickets?

There's a car park at the ground that you have to pay for. I've no idea how easy it is to get out of after the game.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Booth for tickets?

If you look at the thread below “Single ticket for Livvi” thread, someone is suggesting a place nearby to park

greenlex
28-12-2019, 05:52 PM
They’ve got a massive car park at the stadium it’s the best away game in Scotland to take the car to. It costs about a fiver I think.

I may be wrong but I think some of the car park has been given over to housing. It may not be quite as big as it used to be
McArthur Glen Multi Storey is a short walk from the stadium and 50p per hour. Quite literally over a crossing and down steps from the centre.

Pat 0-7
28-12-2019, 05:56 PM
McArthur Glen multi-storey is 50p per hour and a two minute walk down to the ground.

hibeerealist
28-12-2019, 06:34 PM
R
McArthur Glen multi-storey is 50p per hour and a two minute walk down to the ground.

Thanks for all the replies guys

brianmc
28-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Parking at Livingston Designer Outlet (known as McArthur Glen Outlet until 2013...) is plentiful, cheap and easier to get away from than the official car park.

As for buying a ticket at the ground I'd advise you to get there as early as you can - it's always a shambles despite the fact 50% of the stadium will likely be lying empty.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Just a short distance from the multi storey there is a retail outlet - Argos - pets at home - Benson's for beds Etc . Big car park which is free. Short all through multi storey, cross road and onto footpath to ground. Less than 10 min

hibeerealist
28-12-2019, 06:59 PM
R

Thanks for all the replies guys

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 07:00 PM

Always use this option , it’s the best

Skol1972
28-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Just a short distance from the multi storey there is a retail outlet - Argos - pets at home - Benson's for beds Etc . Big car park which is free. Short all through multi storey, cross road and onto footpath to ground. Less than 10 min

I am sure that car park has a 2 hour maximum parking limit with cameras covering it. Have heard of people getting fines for staying over the 2 hours.

AllyF
28-12-2019, 07:21 PM
Any suggestions for somewhere to eat and watch the Old Firm pre match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 07:50 PM

Always use this option , it’s the best

JimBHibees
28-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Any suggestions for somewhere to eat and watch the Old Firm pre match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go Livingston inn decent pub about 10 min walk from stadium.

https://thelivingstoninn.co.uk/

GibbytheHibby2
28-12-2019, 11:22 PM
Swimming pool is closest. They’ll take £5 off you for the privilege.

O'Rourke3
28-12-2019, 11:30 PM
The Council Car Park is free at weekends. This is on the opposite side of the Boulevard (opposite the multi story for the Centre - entrance is the road up from Mid Calder or the road Club Earth was on) Walk west and cross the bridge over to the civic centre. Path takes you straight to the ground. The Civic Centre car park is usually open and free weekends too. Short walk to our end of the ground.

Doh Rae Me
29-12-2019, 12:32 AM
The Council Car Park is free at weekends. This is on the opposite side of the Boulevard (opposite the multi story for the Centre - entrance is the road up from Mid Calder or the road Club Earth was on) Walk west and cross the bridge over to the civic centre. Path takes you straight to the ground. The Civic Centre car park is usually open and free weekends too. Short walk to our end of the ground.

That's my secret car park!!!!!! However it is difficult to find even with your excellent directions so I'll let you off.

HibbySpurs
29-12-2019, 08:25 AM
I may be wrong but I think some of the car park has been given over to housing. It may not be quite as big as it used to be
McArthur Glen Multi Storey is a short walk from the stadium and 50p per hour. Quite literally over a crossing and down steps from the centre.

Yes, they are building houses around the stadium. Not sure if they put the barrier down in the college car park or if it’s open?

GreenCastle
29-12-2019, 09:06 AM

Would be wary as 2 hour max I think.

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 09:08 AM
Would be wary as 2 hour minimum I think.

Maximum?

SquashedFrogg
29-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Yes, they are building houses around the stadium. Not sure if they put the barrier down in the college car park or if it’s open?

Was wondering same about the college car park barrier.

JimBHibees
29-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Copied this from other thread this is a great shout. 5 mins walk to stadium.

For anyone driving, park up in Quarrywood Court, just around in Livingston village. It's free, the buildings are all businesses that are unoccupied during matchdays, and it's a few minutes walk to the stadium. It's also MUCH easier to get away after the game than queueing to get out of the multistoreys or stadium car park.

SquashedFrogg
29-12-2019, 09:34 AM

For anyone driving, park up in Quarrywood Court, just around in Livingston village. It's free, the buildings are all businesses that are unoccupied during matchdays, and it's a few minutes walk to the stadium. It's also MUCH easier to get away after the game than queueing to get out of the multistoreys or stadium car park.

To be fair this is a great option.

bingo70
29-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Fancy deleting this post? 😉

JXM73
29-12-2019, 09:45 AM

This is now permit holders only.....

Just kidding...my livi spot...

Allant1981
29-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Will be parking at the civic centre and walking along, failing that there are plenty industrial units close by that will have next to no people working

GreenCastle
29-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Maximum?

Yes sorry maximum.

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Seems you can park all day, if you want, at Almondvale, as long as you're willing to pay.

-------

From the Almondvale Car Park official parking website (https://www.apcoa.co.uk/parking-in/livingston/livingston/).

Up to 1 hour: £0.50

Up to 2 hours: £1.00

Up to 3 hours: £1.50

Up to 4 hours: £2.00

Up to 5 hours: £2.50

Up to 6 hours: £3.00

Up to 7 hours: £3.50

Up to 8 hours: £4.00

Up to 9 hours: £4.50

Up to 10 hours: £5.00

Up to 24 hours: £6.00