PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: GLENN MIDDLETON RETURNS TO RANGERS

RSS Bot
27-12-2019, 06:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10483)

AugustaHibs
27-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Hopefully we have learned a lesson on dealing with them.

berwickhibee
27-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Won't be the last.

Building up finances for a few arrivals.

RoYO!
27-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Won't be the last.

Building up finances for a few arrivals.

Super Leigh?! (Haymaker smilie!)

The 90+2
27-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Goodbye Glen, it’s been an emotional rollercoaster.

Cocaine&Caviar
27-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Loaned back out to Livingston it seems

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Cheers, kids buzzing now

SquashedFrogg
27-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Nothing against the lad. Never really got an opportunity due to circumstances. Wish him well.

Unseen work
27-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Got to say I’m surprised at how poorly this worked out.

Even though he’s not showed it for us, I think he’s a good young player with potential.

Don’t have anything against him just unfortunate how it planned out.

Think Maxwell will be following him with Bogdans contract being extended.

truehibernian
27-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Lewis Morgan in now please :pray:

SquashedFrogg
27-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Got to say I’m surprised at how poorly this worked out.

Even though he’s not showed it for us, I think he’s a good young player with potential.

Don’t have anything against him just unfortunate how it planned out.

Think Maxwell will be following him with Bogdans contract being extended.

Think he came in under wrong manager. To me he's a young midfielder who (like many players) was destined not to thrive under our previous manager's philosophy. Remember watching him run up and down the left wing away to Motherwell. Wasted.

Unseen work
27-12-2019, 07:13 PM

Would love to see him here, would want a loan longer than 6 months though. Look at how much 2 years at Aberdeen done for Christie.

Morgan has came back into the frame a bit more for Celtic this last month or so however I can’t see him getting in the 16 if everyone is fit. Think Celtic will bolster their striker options too in January which is where he has been playing

04Sauzee
27-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Didnt work out for the lad but there is a decent player in there. That's 1 out hopefully a couple more out to allow us to strengthen in January.

Heisenberg
27-12-2019, 07:22 PM

Would be an ideal signing.

The Modfather
27-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Hopefully we have learned a lesson on dealing with them.

Hope that lesson helps us sign Gregg Docherty, preferably permanently, but more likely on loan.

Hibee Mac
27-12-2019, 07:38 PM
I hope we weren't burned on this one, remember there were rumours of us paying a silly amount up front to bring him in.

Lesson learned I hope as he was nothing better than we already had. Fraser Murray would have provided more for us had he been played ahead but instead we've paid the rangers some cash and stunted our own youth player's development in the process.

Ozyhibby
27-12-2019, 07:41 PM
I hope we weren't burned on this one, remember there were rumours of us paying a silly amount up front to bring him in.

Lesson learned I hope as he was nothing better than we already had. Fraser Murray would have provided more for us had he been played ahead but instead we've paid the rangers some cash and stunted our own youth player's development in the process.

If Fraser Murray can’t push his way past Middleton then we need to move him on as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haymaker
27-12-2019, 07:42 PM

:hyper

Diclonius
27-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Well, that was pointless.

Hibee Mac
27-12-2019, 07:44 PM
If Fraser Murray can’t push his way past Middleton then we need to move him on as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's fair enough tbh, but we gave game time to the wrong guy. What if Murray pushed on after getting game time this season?

We won't know now. But I do agree that our youth need to push their way in, I just think it's a two way street and we need to give them the opportunity too as Fraser has already shown in glimpses there's a player there.

ballengeich
27-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Middleton's a promising youngster, signed as short term cover for Boyle, who isn't ready for the Premier division yet. I think he'll have a decent career, though probably not at the top level.

HendoDelivered
27-12-2019, 08:19 PM
No loss IMO. Good luck Glenn 👍🏽

Sammy7nil
27-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Nothing against the lad. Never really got an opportunity due to circumstances. Wish him well.

Didnt work out for the lad but there is a decent player in there. That's 1 out hopefully a couple more out to allow us to strengthen in January.

:aok:

Is It On....
27-12-2019, 09:54 PM

Or McNulty / Dylan..

CMurdoch
27-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Think he came in under wrong manager. To me he's a young midfielder who (like many players) was destined not to thrive under our previous manager's philosophy. Remember watching him run up and down the left wing away to Motherwell. Wasted.

SF has it covered
Best of luck Glenn.

Haymaker
27-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Or McNulty / Dylan..

Nup. :hyper is only for Super Leigh.

And Deeks.

What's he up to by the way?

jacomo
27-12-2019, 10:03 PM

:agree:

Vault Boy
27-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Shame it never worked out for Glenn, he's got a lot of ability but certainly didn't show it for us (doubt he'll do much for The Rangers either mind).

We move on to better options.

Is It On....
27-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Nup. :hyper is only for Super Leigh.

And Deeks.

What's he up to by the way?

Still only 36....😉

Haymaker
27-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Still only 36....😉

Zlatan is older and signing for AC...

jacomo
28-12-2019, 07:19 AM
Zlatan is older and signing for AC...

Zlatan hasn’t scored 1 goal for Hibs, never mind 100.

I know who I’d rather have.

:agree:

JimBHibees
28-12-2019, 07:58 AM
Would love to see him here, would want a loan longer than 6 months though. Look at how much 2 years at Aberdeen done for Christie.

Morgan has came back into the frame a bit more for Celtic this last month or so however I can’t see him getting in the 16 if everyone is fit. Think Celtic will bolster their striker options too in January which is where he has been playing

Would be amazed if Celtic didn't sign a few forward opinions which will put him down the pecking order.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2019, 08:49 AM

No chance this window unfortunately with Sellick still in Europe after Xmas for a change. Now Dylan thats a different matter.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Shame it never worked out for Glenn, he's got a lot of ability but certainly didn't show it for us (doubt he'll do much for The Rangers either mind).

We move on to better options.

He was a panic loan to cover for Boyle and not quite ready for our level. Needed to go to a Championship side first and pkayed in his natural position. Lets see how he does at Livvy as there is a player in there.

Carheenlea
28-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Given our very positive reputation for loan signings, which in the most has been good for all three parties, Hibs, the loan player and loan players club, it wasn’t a huge surprise that Steven Gerard thought that Easter Road would be a good option for Glenn Middleton.

Gerard to me is on the periphery of a lot of the ill feeling between Rangers and Hibs, along with the sectarian mindset that overshadows the club and is only interested in football and what’s best for Rangers. Looking around some of the stadiums he finds himself in up here he will look at Easter Road and East Mains and see a very professional set up coupled with a footballing mindset that echos a lot of his preferred way to play the game.

It’s a shame it didn’t work out in the way we would have hoped, but it’s been one of the rare loan failures.

Jim44
28-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Given our very positive reputation for loan signings, which in the most has been good for all three parties, Hibs, the loan player and loan players club, it wasn’t a huge surprise that Steven Gerard thought that Easter Road would be a good option for Glenn Middleton.

Gerard to me is on the periphery of a lot of the ill feeling between Rangers and Hibs, along with the sectarian mindset that overshadows the club and is only interested in football and what’s best for Rangers. Looking around some of the stadiums he finds himself in up here he will look at Easter Road and East Mains and see a very professional set up coupled with a footballing mindset that echos a lot of his preferred way to play the game.

It’s a shame it didn’t work out in the way we would have hoped, but it’s been one of the rare loan failures.

I thought he would do better with us and the comments on FF, when he came to us, suggested they thought a lot of him and wanted him to stay at Ibrox.

Don’t underestimate Gerard’s nastiness and sneakiness. He’s a top notch sh** -house!!!

Weegreenman
28-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Mates a Rangers fan who tells me this laddie is very good on his day. Unfortunately for us we never saw it but I’m sure he’ll go onto be a good player for someone.
Wish him all the very best.