PDA

View Full Version : Now, on to Sunday

Hibbyradge
27-12-2019, 01:09 PM
I really hope that yesterday's win gives the players the determination to push on and try to get a European place.

We're 10 points off Aberdeen so it'll be extremely difficult to do, but we have to play them twice do it's not totally beyond the realms of possiblity.

However, we need to cement the top 6 first and Sunday's game will be very tough. Our players will need to show the exact same level of desire and commitment as they did yesterday if they're going to get anything from Livingston on that pitch.

Right now, I'd probably be happy enough with a point and no injuries

I'd be delighted with 3.

04Sauzee
27-12-2019, 01:13 PM
I think if anyone had offered me 9 points before we played Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Livi i'd have bitten their hand off.

Steve88
27-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Lets pack that stand out

Hibbyradge
27-12-2019, 01:32 PM
I think if anyone had offered me 9 points before we played Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Livi i'd have bitten their hand off.

I still would :wink:

B.H.F.C
27-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Draws have killed us a bit and another one is no good to us in terms of trying to catch the two above us. Need to show the same will to win that we had yesterday.

Onceinawhile
27-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Draws have killed us a bit and another one is no good to us in terms of trying to catch the two above us. Need to show the same will to win that we had yesterday.

18 points dropped from winning positions. Ridiculous.

greenlex
27-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Livingston have only conceded 5 goals at the spagettihad. That’s the same as Rangers at Ibrox and one more than Celtic at Parkhead. This is possibly the toughest fixture outside the Old Firm. We will need to be at it as Radge says. I’ll take a draw now as long as we are up for it and play like we can.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Livingston have only conceded 5 goals at the spagettihad. That’s the same as Rangers at Ibrox and one more than Celtic at Parkhead. This is possibly the toughest fixture outside the Old Firm. We will need to be at it as Radge says. I’ll take a draw now as long as we are up for it and play like we can.

Can’t be accepting a draw with Livingston before a ball is kicked as being a good result. Not with the gap to the teams above. In fact, we never should, irrespective of that. I hope the players don’t go in with that mentality.

Dependent on how the game pans out, a point could be seen as a point gained come full time. But in terms of getting up the league, draws are no good to us.

greenlex
27-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Can’t be accepting a draw with Livingston before a ball is kicked as being a good result. Not with the gap to the teams above. In fact, we never should, irrespective of that. I hope the players don’t go in with that mentality.

Dependent on how the game pans out, a point could be seen as a point gained come full time. But in terms of getting up the league, draws are no good to us.
Which is basically what I said. Just pointing out it’s far from easy going there. and we have no divine right to turn up and win. A draw is no disgrace.

04Sauzee
27-12-2019, 08:20 PM
I still would :wink:

😁 Absolutely im assuming we get thr 3 points Sunday

Iggy Pope
27-12-2019, 08:23 PM

If they offered you 6 points though, would you ask which 6?

Onion
27-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Up against Livi and that horrendous pitch. Tough game.

H18 SFR
27-12-2019, 09:13 PM
I fancy us to win ugly on Sunday.

monktonharp
27-12-2019, 10:51 PM
a draw is not what we need. huge amount of Hibs fans there on Sunday and they will expect a tough game, on a crap pitch but fully expect a good performance from our team, and rightly so. Hibernian win.