PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyles Contract

Gypsy King
27-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know how long he has left on is current deal ?

We should be looking at extending it ASAP if there Isn't long left before the ugly sisters come calling. I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as he has since he joined.

5 Goals in 10 games this season wont be going Un-noticed

calumhibee1
27-12-2019, 12:45 PM
We should be given him a new 5 year deal as joint top earner.

wallpaperman
27-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Runs until end of 2020/21, so have another season and a half.

If he stays injury free and keeps good form, I expect Martin will be looking to make this his big pay day, and rightly so.

Maybe Hibs could offer a long term deal with the security he needs, in my eyes he deserves it, though the past injuries will always be a little concerning if you give a long contract.

Tynie01011973
27-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know how long he has left on is current deal ?

We should be looking at extending it ASAP if there Isn't long left before the ugly sisters come calling. I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as he has since he joined.

5 Goals in 10 games this season wont be going Un-noticed

Contract expires 31/05/2021
Was given extension end of 2017

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/martin-boyle/profil/spieler/140554

Stuart93
27-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Looking like he’s brought a bit composure and consistency to his game

A player who can swing games in your favour when he’s on form

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Now he has the end product to add to the build up.

Carheenlea
27-12-2019, 01:01 PM
I don’t think I’ve seen improvement in a player as much as we’ve enjoyed with Martin Boyle.
To think that so many were underwhelmed with the loan arrangement that saw Alex Harris move to Dundee, but that was probably justified given Martin Boyle never really set the heather alight on Tayside.
Now one of our most valuable assets.

superfurryhibby
27-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Great to see Boyle back and in such form. If he isn’t one of the best paid players at Hibs, then we should be making him so. Brilliant attitude, game changing ability, the man is awesome. It would be a real statement of intent from the board if they can get Boyle tied up on a decent extension.

Gypsy King
27-12-2019, 01:17 PM
A new 3 year deal should be on the cards and id be surprised if we aren't looking to Initiate contract negotiations before we are into the last year of his contract and he starts getting tapped up.

heretoday
27-12-2019, 02:27 PM
There are several variables when it comes to Boyle. At best he's a destroyer, fast and liable to panic any defence, like yesterday. He's had a bad injury and we pray that never recurs.

He can be a player who doesn't look up and deliver that cross or vital pass. He's a bit wild.

All this makes me think the ugly sisters might not be interested, or any of the championship teams in England. Ii don't think he'd do well down there anyway. Too many hairy-ersed defenders. I suppose his international exposure might attract a foreign club.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to maximise his earning potential.

Logie Green
27-12-2019, 03:33 PM
There's a thread on Follow Follow suggesting that Rangers should sign him. You only have to read about half a dozen replies before the 'which school did he go to?' question is asked. 🤦*♂️

The 90+2
27-12-2019, 03:34 PM
He should be given a new contract extremely pronto.

DetroitHibs
27-12-2019, 04:09 PM
He should be given a new contract extremely pronto.

Yep I agree. We leave ourselves wide open if he has a storming second half of the season and teams start sniffing in the summer. Just like what happened with McGinn. Get him tied down NOW.

Forza Fred
27-12-2019, 04:34 PM
There are several variables when it comes to Boyle. At best he's a destroyer, fast and liable to panic any defence, like yesterday. He's had a bad injury and we pray that never recurs.

He can be a player who doesn't look up and deliver that cross or vital pass. He's a bit wild.

All this makes me think the ugly sisters might not be interested, or any of the championship teams in England. Ii don't think he'd do well down there anyway. Too many hairy-ersed defenders. I suppose his international exposure might attract a foreign club.

You can't blame the guy for wanting to maximise his earning potential.

He’s still flavour of the month among some sections of Oz media, and a good showing in the Copa America next year could make him a target as a ‘marquee’ player with one of the bigger clubs Down Under.

CMurdoch
27-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.
Martin Boyle has improved remarkably since he came to Hibs.
I would even say his finishing has improved from pre injury.
4 fantastic finishes against Aberdeen & Hearts, 2 of which were difficult chances which he could have easily missed and 2 where he kept cool and finished well.

Since his comeback I can only remember 1 of the old wild Martin goal attempts. Think it was against Kilmarnock(?) when the ball came out to him right on front of goal and he thrashed it wide instead of calmly putting it away.

He looks well over his injury.
Contract to summer 2022 required at the very least.
That would suit both parties.

Not consistent enough for Celtic and Rangers are looking for the next Freddo.
Not strong enough for the English Championship.
This is all good because we might get to watch Boyler do his stuff for a good few years yet.

Is It On....
27-12-2019, 04:39 PM
There's a thread on Follow Follow suggesting that Rangers should sign him. You only have to read about half a dozen replies before the 'which school did he go to?' question is asked. 🤦*♂️

Small minority 😂

The 90+2
27-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Yep I agree. We leave ourselves wide open if he has a storming second half of the season and teams start sniffing in the summer. Just like what happened with McGinn. Get him tied down NOW.
Yeah that’s my fear. Especially with the World Cup not that far away either.

we are hibs
27-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Another excellent stubbs signing. No one thought he would turn out as good as he has when he signed. I remember not even knowing we had signed him and him making his debut off the bench at tynecastle in a 1-1 draw and i had to ask who it was. Pretty sure he signed that morning?

HibeeHibernian4
27-12-2019, 06:22 PM
I don’t think I’ve seen improvement in a player as much as we’ve enjoyed with Martin Boyle.
To think that so many were underwhelmed with the loan arrangement that saw Alex Harris move to Dundee, but that was probably justified given Martin Boyle never really set the heather alight on Tayside.
Now one of our most valuable assets.

Another great Stubbs signing.

Speedy
27-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Another excellent stubbs signing. No one thought he would turn out as good as he has when he signed. I remember not even knowing we had signed him and him making his debut off the bench at tynecastle in a 1-1 draw and i had to ask who it was. Pretty sure he signed that morning?

Absolutely.

I always liked him as an option from the bench but didn't see him as a starter and wouldn't have been that fussed if he left at the same time as Keatings.

Then even more recently I loved him on the right but wasn't convinced through the middle.

It's great, he keeps proving me wrong...definitely won't win the ballon d'or next year :greengrin

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 07:47 PM
I think he's a dead cert to head to Celtic and then end up getting limited game time.

Hope he stays with us.

Waxy
27-12-2019, 07:51 PM
I’d offer an extension with better terms tonight.

jacomo
27-12-2019, 10:19 PM
He’s still flavour of the month among some sections of Oz media, and a good showing in the Copa America next year could make him a target as a ‘marquee’ player with one of the bigger clubs Down Under.

I know he plays for Australia but would he become a full blown Aussie?

Could be quite tempting for a number of reasons tbf. What’s the women’s game like?

Forza Fred
27-12-2019, 10:39 PM
I know he plays for Australia but would he become a full blown Aussie?

Could be quite tempting for a number of reasons tbf. What’s the women’s game like?

The women's game is thriving in comparison to most places I'd suggest.

Clubs bring out numerous loan players from the USA as our seasons kind of dovetail, and they add to the quality of play, and from other places with ex Hibby Claire Emslie lining up for Melbourne city this season.

The W League is on the telly every week, and the Matildas, as the national team is called is rated about 6th in the world.

The Football Federation recently agreed that when it comes to internationals, the women will be paid exactly the same as the men's team, the Socceroos..

Incidentally the Matildas were voted Australia's Favourite team in a poll a year or so ago, so there is a lot of positive vibes out there for them.

In addition, Jamie Lee Napier should be teaming up with possibly the world's best striker, Samantha Kerr, a Perth W.A. lassie, who joined Chelsea just before her on a deal worth a reported $600k a year!

Oor girls would love the game down here...only problem is, if they came, I don't think many would want to go back!

Hibeesmad
27-12-2019, 11:57 PM

Probably turned out to be one of Stubbs and the recruitment teams best signings, Lenny helped massively in giving Boyle the encouragement to improve his game.

Unseen work
28-12-2019, 12:11 AM
I think he's a dead cert to head to Celtic and then end up getting limited game time.

Hope he stays with us.

Be stunned if he ever ended up at Celtic, miles off it imo.

Forza Fred
28-12-2019, 01:56 AM
I'd suggest Hibs move sooner rather than later to tie him down to a longer contract.

In June, barring injury or dramatic loss of form, Boyler will be off to Argentina for the the Copa America, with Argentina one of his group opponents.

A decent game against Lionel Messi's side and he will be on the radar of just about every scout/club in the world.

It will be difficult to keep him 'down on the farm' if that happens, and we may regret not tying him up for longer.

I'd suggest the contract needs to be signed before he goes.....if he will sign it that is.

Borderhibbie76
28-12-2019, 06:48 AM
I'd suggest Hibs move sooner rather than later to tie him down to a longer contract.

In June, barring injury or dramatic loss of form, Boyler will be off to Argentina for the the Copa America, with Argentina one of his group opponents.

A decent game against Lionel Messi's side and he will be on the radar of just about every scout/club in the world.

It will be difficult to keep him 'down on the farm' if that happens, and we may regret not tying him up for longer.

I'd suggest the contract needs to be signed before he goes.....if he will sign it that is.

When did Australia start playing in the Copa America?? Am I missing something?

Forza Fred
28-12-2019, 07:15 AM
When did Australia start playing in the Copa America?? Am I missing something?

There is a non South American team now invited into the tournament each time.

Australia are invited this time, last one I think it was Japan.

J-C
28-12-2019, 07:50 AM
Boyle scored 34 in 82 games for Montrose but Dundee played him wide due to his pace, his crossing can be poor because hes not a natural winger. Its all about using his pace and developing his scoring, still think Scotland missed a trick here.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2019, 08:07 AM
Boyle scored 34 in 82 games for Montrose but Dundee played him wide due to his pace, his crossing can be poor because hes not a natural winger. Its all about using his pace and developing his scoring, still think Scotland missed a trick here.

He is much better wide. Had many, many more good games for Hibs wide than up top.

wookie70
28-12-2019, 09:48 AM
He is much better wide. Had many, many more good games for Hibs wide than up top.
I'd agree but there are some good signs he is more composed after injury. He is well worth a few games in the middle if Kamberi is injured

J-C
28-12-2019, 09:52 AM

Played in a front 3 there's no such thing as winger, just an attacker, the modern forward can play anywhere across the front line.

sleeping giant
28-12-2019, 09:56 AM
We have been very fortunate in recent years to have players that really "get" Hibs. Boyle is most definitely one of those.
Get him signed up Hibs.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2019, 09:58 AM
I'd agree but there are some good signs he is more composed after injury. He is well worth a few games in the middle if Kamberi is injured

The goals he’s scored since he came back from injury have all been well taken and I can’t remember him missing too many chances. The two on Thursday were clinical finishes.

Even if Kamberi isn’t injured there is an argument for Boyle to continue up front, if we continue to play with a narrow midfield. Kamberi has been ineffective in a lot of games, Boyle will always be a threat.