PDA

View Full Version : Another Bottle

Juniper Greens
27-12-2019, 09:56 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/completely-unacceptable-hibs-respond-second-bottle-throwing-probe-within-week-1350126

We will be beginning to get a reputation now. Any ideas on how to fix this?

jacomo
27-12-2019, 09:58 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/completely-unacceptable-hibs-respond-second-bottle-throwing-probe-within-week-1350126

Yup. Hibs fans - stop behaving like ****heads.

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Strange it wasnt mentioned on the tv or radio

Sir David Gray
27-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Really getting sick to death of this. Are people seriously that dumb that despite all the pleas from the club, despite all the bad press we've had lately, they still think it's acceptable to chuck a bottle onto the park?

I really hope every single one of these idiots are caught and dealt with severely by the courts.

wookie70
27-12-2019, 10:13 AM
They obviously missed the flying seat. Some absolute cretins in our support who are hopefully caught and banned for a long time.

hibbysam
27-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Seen a photographer giving details to a policeman in front of section M, presuming it was for that. They were looking but couldn’t find any missiles though, my guess is just a photographer causing bother.

JeMeSouviens
27-12-2019, 10:14 AM
Strict liability - if we were losing points every time this happened then our own support wouldn't tolerate it.

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 10:23 AM
If you see it, report it.

brydekirk
27-12-2019, 10:23 AM
The bottle didn't reach the pitch.
It was found behind the advertising board.

Keith_M
27-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Surely somebody sitting near these idiots has seen it and could have identified them?

It's time for some self policing.

They're harming the reputation of YOUR club, so don't keep quiet.

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Surely somebody sitting near these idiots has seen it and could have identified them?

It's time for some self policing.

They're harming the reputation of YOUR club, so don't keep quiet.
Time we do the same with those doing lines in the toilets too. If they can’t handle it then they shouldn’t have it.

The Modfather
27-12-2019, 10:33 AM
For Cat A games full fan searches should be mandatory IMO, the current searches and stopping people who are too drunk or too coked up appear to be a box ticking exercise rather than any proper checks.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2019, 10:38 AM
The bottle didn't reach the pitch.
It was found behind the advertising board.

Given how close the stands behind the goals are to the pitch at Tynecastle it's lucky it never hit somebody in the front row on the back of the head if it failed to clear the advertising hoarding.

Throwing a bottle is absolutely moronic behaviour whether it reaches the pitch, hits someone or otherwise. The Hibs, and others, allocation has already been cut at Tynecastle in recent years. If this continues it's just going to deny more people the opportunity to attend derbies.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Given where we are with this issue, if the guilty party is actually a Hibs supporter , then alcohol may be playing a part?

JimBHibees
27-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Sounds like mischief making from photographer.

The Modfather
27-12-2019, 11:01 AM

Are you saying the photographer may have made up the incident?

PeeKay
27-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Are you saying the photographer may have made up the incident?

Something may have happened, but maybe not in the way it's being reported? Given that the BBC and others were all over the incidents at the huns game within minutes, it does seem remarkable that it's taken almost 24h for this one to emerge.

J-C
27-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Time to start naming and shaming, point them out and get them to **** away from our support, don't need these people giving our club a bad rep.

CL0762
27-12-2019, 11:06 AM
For Cat A games full fan searches should be mandatory IMO, the current searches and stopping people who are too drunk or too coked up appear to be a box ticking exercise rather than any proper checks.

Absolutely this. I walked through the cordon with my 9 year old son and stretched my arms out anticipating a search. It didn’t come. The boy just waved me through.

Made this known to the police standing in front of the horses, what’s the point in having stewards there if they’re not doing searches?

we are hibs
27-12-2019, 11:07 AM
No one knows what actually happened but lets all assume its hibs fans = bad as usual. Who needs enemies, eh?

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Seen a photographer giving details to a policeman in front of section M, presuming it was for that. They were looking but couldn’t find any missiles though, my guess is just a photographer causing bother.

You know heehaw. Police picked up bits of shattered glass from track.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 11:18 AM

Sounds like you are wrong again.

JohnMcM
27-12-2019, 11:25 AM

It this gets proven to be true and one of ours is the guilty party, don't be surprised if we get hammered.

A precedent needs to set (re-set?) by the authorities.

Our bampots are handing them the excuse for us to be the chosen example (victims?) on a plate.

tamig
27-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Given where we are with this issue, if the guilty party is actually a Hibs supporter , then alcohol may be playing a part?

What’s your point sorry? Sober, bevied, drugged up - no excuse.

green day
27-12-2019, 11:36 AM
It this gets proven to be true and one of ours is the guilty party, don't be surprised if we get hammered.

A precedent needs to set (re-set?) by the authorities.

Our bampots are handing them the excuse for us to be the chosen example (victims?) on a plate.

Security inside Tynecastle stadium and any fallout is Hearts, stewarding and the Police issue, not ours.

The erse will be identified via CCTV and hopefully get a ban........but Hibs wont be fined.

Someone posted above about searches being poor -

That was the easiest I have ever got into Tynecastle, we were there about 12ish, wandered up, someone checked the ticket, the guy doing "searches" said "nah your alright we are just searching bags". From cordon to turnstiles, about 2 minutes max.

Brightside
27-12-2019, 11:43 AM
People trying to say this isn’t an issue are brain dead. There are still plenty people going to games who have no interest in actually watching football. It’s a million times worse at away games and Cat A games at home. You don’t see any of this when Hamilton, Livi etc come to Easter rd as the bams don’t leave the pub to come to those games. Find them and ban them for life.

wookie70
27-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Security inside Tynecastle stadium and any fallout is Hearts, stewarding and the Police issue, not ours.

The erse will be identified via CCTV and hopefully get a ban........but Hibs wont be fined.

That was the easiest I have ever got into Tynecastle, we were there about 12ish, wandered up, someone checked the ticket, the guy doing "searches" said "nah your alright we are just searching bags". From cordon to turnstiles, about 2 minutes max.

I got there just before noon and was searched but I had keys, gloves, phone and other bits and bobs in my coat which you would never have been able to tell from something I shouldn't have had with the way I was patted down. Given the amount of smoke bombs, bottles etc that are getting in the only way is to place plain clothes officers at strategic points in the ground. Having confronted someone throwing a pyro at opposing fans I won't be doing it again. Most fans look the other way and you get no support. The fannies that throw stuff tend to come in small groups from what I have seen so not easy to confront and they seem to sit where they want at the game regardless of what ticket they have

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Sounds like you are wrong again.

Has anyone actually confirmed it happened yet?

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Anyone wanting safe standing will need to wait, this week added at least 10 years to that. These ****ing twats have to be stopped.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Has anyone actually confirmed it happened yet?

Yes

DH1875
27-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Funny how this kind of thing is always labelled as the day tripers when we play at places like Hampden and not at ibrox or the pbs where the day trippers can't get a ticket. Goes to show some right numpties within our core support.

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Yes

Who? Cant say I've seen anything from the clubs or the police confirming it yet

Captain Trips
27-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Was this bottle seen being thrown and landing where it did? Or was the remnants of a bottle found?

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Then look harder, even the OP sources it.

chrisski33
27-12-2019, 12:09 PM

how? maybe someone else reported something being thrown and the photog was being asked if saw anything. only person at fault is the idiot that threw something!

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Then look harder, even the OP sources it.

So apart from this 1 paper no one, ok then ta

Lago
27-12-2019, 12:11 PM
I got there just before noon and was searched but I had keys, gloves, phone and other bits and bobs in my coat which you would never have been able to tell from something I shouldn't have had with the way I was patted down. Given the amount of smoke bombs, bottles etc that are getting in the only way is to place plain clothes officers at strategic points in the ground. Having confronted someone throwing a pyro at opposing fans I won't be doing it again. Most fans look the other way and you get no support. The fannies that throw stuff tend to come in small groups from what I have seen so not easy to confront and they seem to sit where they want at the game regardless of what ticket they have

And this post neatly sums it up, people will not confront or 'grass up' so called Hibs fans & can you blame them? In days gone bye, before security was shuffled off to various security companies on the basis of cost saving, the police handled crowd control. I can remember them standing at the back of the old East, standing in the ailses & at the perimeter. First sign of trouble you were lifted no messing, not now I'm afraid, can't see it changing any time soon.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 12:14 PM
So apart from this 1 paper no one, ok then ta

Which quotes the club. Stick your head in the sand if you like.

Brooster
27-12-2019, 12:17 PM
They obviously missed the flying seat. Some absolute cretins in our support who are hopefully caught and banned for a long time.

Couldn't believe my eyes when the seat came flying down, 20 rows at least and luckily landed on the pathway between 'tiers'. It looked snapped with a sharp edge too, could've caused some real damage in such a crowded area. Whoever threw it needs to have a serious word with himself.

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 12:18 PM

I'd suggest actually reading what the spokesperson for the club said and then edit your post, I'm not sticking my head in the sand at all, no one has confirmed it actually happened yet apart from this one "newspaper" very strange considering the coverage of got last time

we are hibs
27-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Quotes the club saying IF it came from the hibs end. It didnt say it did. Anyone see it? Any footage of it? Or is it just the usual suspects creaming at the thought of hibs fans = bad so they can lecture everyone on here how to behave.

JohnMcM
27-12-2019, 12:21 PM

That's interesting to me.

Until I read your reply I thought that what you have described was "strict liability" which is not in force yet. No?

Carheenlea
27-12-2019, 12:23 PM
The bottle might have been thrown from near front and posed no danger to anyone for all we know. Still goes against the rules of entry to football stadiums of course but there’s a danger of going overboard with condemnation without knowing the full facts.
Remember the outrage and accusations of racism after the coconut was “thrown” at a recent Tynecastle derby - turned out to be nothing more than a private joke between a couple of mates.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 12:26 PM
I'd suggest actually reading what the spokesperson for the club said and then edit your post, I'm not sticking my head in the sand at all, no one has confirmed it actually happened yet apart from this one "newspaper" very strange considering the coverage of got last time

How many tonnes of sand should the Builders Supply Company deliver to your address.

1. The photographer was seen giving a statement to Police by fans and reported on here

2. Fans on here have reported what they saw including seeing Police remove glass.

3. A club spokesperson confirms there is an investigation and they are co-operating.

theonlywayisup
27-12-2019, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that there are Hibs fans who know the bottle throwers from the two Old Firm games, yet haven't said a word to the authorities or to Hibernian FC. Same with other incidents in the past and probably the same will happen after yesterday's incidents.

However, these incidents are a constant reminder that there are a minority of Hibs fans who can't behave themselves. It's about time that these idiots were named and shamed. However, such pleas will be met with the "I'm not going to backstab my fellow Hibs fans". I feel that the authorities might start to get strong with us and restrictions put in place. All because some idiots can't behave.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 12:29 PM
I can't recall any incidents with seat or bottle throwing from Hibs fans at any other Cat A away fixtures other than hearts. Thats what happens when you have a free for all for tickets...

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 12:29 PM
How many tonnes of sand should the Builders Supply Company deliver to your address.

1. The photographer was seen giving a statement to Police by fans and reported on here

2. Fans on here have reported what they saw including seeing Police remove glass.

3. A club spokesperson confirms there is an investigation and they are co-operating.

So firstly,no one knows why the person was speaking to the police as no one seen the bottle landing, again no one seen a bottle being thrown so the glass could have been there for a time, again the club spokesperson has not confirmed anything, you seem determined to have a pop at folk without knowing any facts whatsoever so fire in

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Anyone wanting safe standing will need to wait, this week added at least 10 years to that. These ****ing twats have to be stopped.

How?

Fan throws a bottle.

Club, thats it, no safe standing for 10 years because safe standing is linked with bottle throwing...

Bollocks

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Where exactly in the stand did this bottle supposedly land? What section?

Gypsy King
27-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Very poor from whoever did this - never been in my nature to grass and was always told never to do so but this is different. These boys are cowardly wee Welts. If I see it i am reporting it.

Moulin Yarns
27-12-2019, 12:52 PM
https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article21165785.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_JS202017225.jpg

Daily Record image

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 12:57 PM
https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article21165785.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/0_JS202017225.jpg

Daily Record image

Same photo in the sun, yet still no one actually reporting it was thrown by hibs fans during the game, might be mistaken but is that not where the stewards and police are situated during the game?

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2019, 12:57 PM
What’s your point sorry? Sober, bevied, drugged up - no excuse.

Sober- can't be a Hibs supporter. Bevied or drugged up- what the hell are the stewards doing??. I posted on a previous thread, that I was "vigorously patted down at McDiarmid Park, for a case that my specs were in.

GreenCastle
27-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Couldn't believe my eyes when the seat came flying down, 20 rows at least and luckily landed on the pathway between 'tiers'. It looked snapped with a sharp edge too, could've caused some real damage in such a crowded area. Whoever threw it needs to have a serious word with himself.

The seat came from near the back - couldn’t believe it either. Think it was 1-0 us at the point also. Somehow managed to not hit anyone but agreed it could have been a sore one if it had.

lord bunberry
27-12-2019, 01:04 PM
The bottle might have been thrown from near front and posed no danger to anyone for all we know. Still goes against the rules of entry to football stadiums of course but there’s a danger of going overboard with condemnation without knowing the full facts.
Remember the outrage and accusations of racism after the coconut was “thrown” at a recent Tynecastle derby - turned out to be nothing more than a private joke between a couple of mates.
I was thinking the same. It could’ve been thrown by someone a couple of rows back who had just finished drinking it. I’m not saying that it’s acceptable to do that, but it makes it completely different to the other incidents. We’ll just have to wait and see I suppose.

judas
27-12-2019, 01:07 PM
I noted when at a Watford game recently that you can text a service with you seat number reporting anti social behaviour.

That allows stewards to watch that area and refer any cameras to it during and after the match.

I think we have to recognise that the average fan does not want to tangle with a drunken hooligan.

This initiative which I assume applies to all premiership clubs, empowers fans and helps to pinpoint morons.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2019, 01:12 PM
How?

Fan throws a bottle.

Club, thats it, no safe standing for 10 years because safe standing is linked with bottle throwing...

Bollocks

Fans can't behave, they keep showing it. Its never going to happen while the bad behaviour continues.

The Modfather
27-12-2019, 01:32 PM
I can't recall any incidents with seat of r bottle throwing from Hibs fans at any other Cat A away fixtures other than hearts. Thats what happens when you have a free for all for tickets...

It’s not really a free for all though. We have away season tickets, then the rest were sold to season ticket holders. Even if we still had the loyalty points system I’m not sure that would make any difference as to how someone who has had too much to drink and/or is coked up acts.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2019, 01:50 PM

Came from the back of Section K, couldn't believe it. I was along to the right in J, a few folk looked round and were ready to seek out the cretin but he must have disappeared from view sharpish.

green day
That's interesting to me.

Until I read your reply I thought that what you have described was "strict liability" which is not in force yet. No?

The only areas Hibs are responsible for is the reciprocal agreement we have with Hearts for damage to seats, damage to toilets etc.

Strict liability is confusing, this Herald article is useful https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17551835.what-is-strict-liability-in-scottish-football-and-would-it-make-a-difference/

And under that, we might be skelped.

As I stated in my initial post, Hibs are not in charge of stewarding, policing, or security at Tynecastle.

Its similar to all the journalists post cup final calling for "Hibs to be hammered" without engaging their brains over who is actually responsible.

Captain Trips
There is a broken bottle trackside. Until there is proof of how and why it is there and not conjecture and guesswork then I feel not safe to blame or slam people.

Alky steward?
Alky Police?
Hibs idiot?
Hearts Idiot?
Planted for story?
Fan discarding bottle without meaning harm?
Along with various other factors?

The Modfather
27-12-2019, 01:58 PM
There is a broken bottle trackside. Until there is proof of how and why it is there and not conjecture and guesswork then I feel not safe to blame or slam people.

Alky steward?
Alky Police?
Hibs idiot?
Hearts Idiot?
Planted for story?
Fan discarding bottle without meaning harm?
Along with various other factors?

Sometimes the most obvious explanation is the correct one. I do admire your creativity though.

Captain Trips
27-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Sometimes the most obvious explanation is the correct one. I do admire your creativity though.

I understand that it is highly probable it was thrown but until its proved 100% I ain't bashing anyone at Hibs. We have the press to do that for us irrespective of facts.

basehibby
27-12-2019, 02:11 PM

We need to self-police - so any time we see some stupid little ned prick with a bottle in the ground we report them to the police and/or stewards - hopefully they get arrested and barred from ER and they and their mates finally have the message penetrate their stupid selfish empty skulls - YOU ARE HURTING THE CLUB AND THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOUR RIGHT NOW OR **** OFF AND NEVER COME BACK.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Those that were singing Stendel is a nazi yesterday can do one as well.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 02:14 PM
It’s not really a free for all though. We have away season tickets, then the rest were sold to season ticket holders. Even if we still had the loyalty points system I’m not sure that would make any difference as to how someone who has had too much to drink and/or is coked up acts.

Its a free for all amongst 13k ST holders, there are bad eggs amongst that lot.

heretoday
27-12-2019, 02:14 PM
You've gorra laff!

Anyone who followed Hibs in the seventies will have been used to the threat - indeed expectation - of showers of bottles and cans during these games - and at close quarters too.

I'm not saying we were hard or anything. It's just amazing how the sensibilities of the times have changed.

JohnM1875
27-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Those that were singing Stendel is a nazi yesterday can do one as well.

Totally. Heard it belted out in the Harp after the game as well. Embarrassing stuff and definitely not 'banter'

Brightside
27-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Loads of people at that game are not ST holders. 100s in fact that you’ll hardly ever see at Easter rd.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Loads of people at that game are not ST holders. 100s in fact that you’ll hardly ever see at Easter rd.

Barely recognised anyone yesterday other than the usual faces you see at Ross County away on a Wednesday night etc.

basehibby
27-12-2019, 02:26 PM
I noted when at a Watford game recently that you can text a service with you seat number reporting anti social behaviour.

That allows stewards to watch that area and refer any cameras to it during and after the match.

I think we have to recognise that the average fan does not want to tangle with a drunken hooligan.

This initiative which I assume applies to all premiership clubs, empowers fans and helps to pinpoint morons.

This is the sort of idea we need to implement. I for one have no compunction whatsoever about grassing up some stupid brainless arse who will risk the safety of others and knowingly harm the club by idiotic selfish actions like throwing stuff at the pitch. Screw them - they have it coming to them and I would hope they are hit hard - very hard. Criminal charges together with a life ban from ER sounds about right.

green day
27-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Barely recognised anyone yesterday other than the usual faces you see at Ross County away on a Wednesday night etc.

Conversely I saw a lot of people I know, by strange coincidence our seats were immediately behind one of our mates and his 2 boys and I saw other people I know on the concourse and afterwards in the pub.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Yeah, almost like you don't know 13k Hibs fans. You probably wouldn't recognise me or me you but I attend 80% of away games.

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Yeah, almost like you don't know 13k Hibs fans. You probably wouldn't recognise me or me you but I attend 80% of away games.

I'm the same, never really understand when folk come out with this, I go to most away games and couldnt tell you if the same folk were there one week to the next, pretty much keep myself to myself, unless I happened to stand/sit next to the same person somehow for a couple of games in a row

CraigHibee
27-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Some folk dont know how to behave, why does anyone think its smart to launch a broken seat? brainless idiots and the alleged bottle as well.

Its getting to the stage where it doesn't matter what the club say some folk are going to act like Neanderthals anyway.

Someone will eventually get a sore one with these actions but the problem is, it'll be the club that get punished more

Billy Whizz
27-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Our group of 4 were searched, including two 12 year old boys. We were in quite sharp. Spoke to a few fans who came in after us, weren’t searched at all

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Our group of 4 were searched, including two 12 year old boys. We were in quite sharp. Spoke to a few fans who came in after us, weren’t searched at all

We were the same. In our mid 50's and thinking perhaps falsely, if we are getting searched....

hibbysam
27-12-2019, 03:51 PM

I got searched pretty rigorously, I was in just before the march came around.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 04:10 PM
I got searched pretty rigorously, I was in just before the march came around.

I got asked to open my jacket and and go patted down.

Daydreamer
27-12-2019, 04:39 PM
I was in Row 9 in section M which is the front row next to the segregated part that was shut and heard that bottle land and smash sometime in the second half. The bottle definitely did not come over our heads and thought it had been thrown from the new Hearts stand towards us.

basehibby
27-12-2019, 05:07 PM
I was in Row 9 in section M which is the front row next to the segregated part that was shut and heard that bottle land and smash sometime in the second half. The bottle definitely did not come over our heads and thought it had been thrown from the new Hearts stand towards us.

This is a possibility for sure - doesn't negate the need for us to clamp down on the moronic idiot section in our own support though - shop them up and get them banned! The ******** who threw a seat from the back of the stand - we don't want or need selfish moronic ****bags like that in our support - get them tae ....

CMurdoch
27-12-2019, 05:07 PM
As I said on another thread I hope Hearts get onto their CCTV system and catch some of our fuds.
Believe they installed a similar system to the one we installed in the summer so the chances of getting caught are high for some of our idiots.
Go on the Hearts CCTV dude.
Love Hibs, hate neds.

Sudds_1
27-12-2019, 05:21 PM
I recall they used to be vigorous at tannadice....even checking the bairns bottle.

Nowadays its pretty lackadaisical i think..

RIP
27-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Non existent stewarding yet again

JohnMcM
27-12-2019, 06:25 PM
The only areas Hibs are responsible for is the reciprocal agreement we have with Hearts for damage to seats, damage to toilets etc.

Strict liability is confusing, this Herald article is useful https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17551835.what-is-strict-liability-in-scottish-football-and-would-it-make-a-difference/

As I stated in my initial post, Hibs are not in charge of stewarding, policing, or security at Tynecastle.

Its similar to all the journalists post cup final calling for "Hibs to be hammered" without engaging their brains over who is actually responsible.

Thanks. A big t clearer for me now.

Kojock
27-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Non existent stewarding yet again

You’ve obviously have no idea what’s involved stewarding / policing a major event. It’s not the stewards to blame that idiots can’t behave themselves.

neil7908
29-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Notice there was a hip flask thrown by Wolves fans at their game against Man City. It's got almost no attention in the media, instead full of gushing praise about the game and how great English football is.

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Any proof it came from the hibs fans yet?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Notice there was a hip flask thrown by Wolves fans at their game against Man City. It's got almost no attention in the media, instead full of gushing praise about the game and how great English football is.

Sky Sports News reported on it during the game and said the Premier League was aware of it and would be investigating.

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 09:55 AM
So, where the bottle came from is questionable but there appears to be no doubt whatsoever that some idiot threw a broken chair that landed in the middle of fellow Hibs Fans, and only by pure luck it didn't hit anybody.

And yet, some people are still slagging off those of us that think this needs to be clamped down on?

:confused:

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Any proof it came from the hibs fans yet?

The Broken Seat?

Yup, it would appear so.

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 10:01 AM
The Broken Seat?

Yup, it would appear so.

No. The bottle. You know, the subject of the thread and the thing so many posters wanted to blame on hibs fans despite there being zero proof, zero eye witness accounts on here of it coming from the hibs end. Doesnt suit the hibs fans = bad narative that so many on here are desperare to portray though.

Keith_M
29-12-2019, 10:07 AM
No. The bottle. You know, the subject of the thread and the thing so many posters wanted to blame on hibs fans despite there being zero proof, zero eye witness accounts on here of it coming from the hibs end. Doesnt suit the hibs fans = bad narative that so many on here are desperare to portray though.

People on here are desperate to see Hibs Fans as bad?

That's pathetic. Nearly as pathetic as your determination to believe that absolutely nothing happened.

There are far too many incidents like this recently and something needs to be done. That something is not 'denial'.

green day
29-12-2019, 10:08 AM

I guess we are waiting on the CCTV footage to be analysed. The assumption is it came from our end, but tbh I was in section M and didnt see anything flying over my head :greengrin

Maybe their system isnt up to much, IIRC the bottle chucker v Huns at ER was identified by the next day?

we are hibs
29-12-2019, 10:17 AM
People on here are desperate to see Hibs Fans as bad?

That's pathetic. Nearly as pathetic as your determination to believe that absolutely nothing happened.

There are far too many incidents like this recently and something needs to be done. That something is not 'denial'.

I didnt say it never happened i said there was zero proof as of yet that it came from the hibs end. Infact one poster on this thread said he heard it and thought it came from the hearts end. But it doesnt stop some on here (mostly the same posters) jumping in 2 footed because they simply cannot wait to get tore into hibs fans. Funnily enough its the same ones who moan about hibs fans being "constantly negative". See a pattern emerging?

neil7908
29-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Sky Sports News reported on it during the game and said the Premier League was aware of it and would be investigating.

I watched the game and it was mentioned but that was about it. Nothing since. No hand wringing in the media, no pundits decrying Wolves fans as thugs. All about the game and how great it was.

EI255
29-12-2019, 12:48 PM

Daily Record imageHere's hoping the same rag reports Rangers damage / nonsense today. Doubt it. Again.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
29-12-2019, 12:50 PM

Its similar to all the journalists post cup final calling for "Hibs to be hammered" without engaging their brains over who is actually responsible.Hibs will probably end up having to use their own policing at certain away games.

EI255
29-12-2019, 12:54 PM
As I said on another thread I hope Hearts get onto their CCTV system and catch some of our fuds.
Believe they installed a similar system to the one we installed in the summer so the chances of getting caught are high for some of our idiots.
Go on the Hearts CCTV dude.
Love Hibs, hate neds.Hearts dude? Really?

EI255
29-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Notice there was a hip flask thrown by Wolves fans at their game against Man City. It's got almost no attention in the media, instead full of gushing praise about the game and how great English football is.Probably thrown by a Hibs fan.

Moulin Yarns
29-12-2019, 01:03 PM

Daily Record image

Same photo in the sun, yet still no one actually reporting it was thrown by hibs fans during the game, might be mistaken but is that not where the stewards and police are situated during the game?

zero proof as of yet that it came from the hibs end.

The image I posted shows the bottle with the advertising boards to the top right, to the top left is equipment that works the electronic advertising, the bottle is very close to both. To end up where it did it could only have come from bottom left, the Hibs fans or bottom right, the Hibs fans or the press photographers :wink:

Malthibby
29-12-2019, 04:00 PM
The image I posted shows the bottle with the advertising boards to the top right, to the top left is equipment that works the electronic advertising, the bottle is very close to both. To end up where it did it could only have come from bottom left, the Hibs fans or bottom right, the Hibs fans or the press photographers :wink:

Cheers, sick of folk underplaying yobbery. Yes, I think the club should be saying more about The Rangers & their disgusting songbook but that's no excuse for the but, but, brigade who seem to want to distract from the behaviour of a small minority of halfwits in our support. We are going to end up in serious bother if we don't get shot off the morons who think chucking stuff is okay. And this isn't 'having a go at Hibs fans,' it's having a go at erses who shouldn't get a free pass to be erses just because they, or their mums, can tie a Hibs scarf round their necks.

Cataplana
29-12-2019, 04:25 PM

Only if every person that drinks alcohol takes it into the ground and throws the empty onto the pitch.

hibbysam
29-12-2019, 06:04 PM

Could be wrong, but fairly sure the electronic boards are running the length of the main stand?

hibbyfraelibby
29-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Could be wrong, but fairly sure the electronic boards are running the length of the main stand?

Never mind could. If that was the main stand then it would be on the end their Police box is on at the corner with the Gorgie bus shelter. It is widely accepted and testefied even on this thread that the photographer spoke to the Police in front of Section M and glass was picked up at in front of that section.