PDA

View Full Version : Where on earth is Vela?

hibee1875
27-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Why is he never quoted anywhere? I don’t think he’s been mentioned in any Jack Ross interview and can’t remember seeing his name on any development squad team sheet.

Is he injured?

If he’s to go in January I don’t think we’ll struggle to find clubs for him as he was highly rated down south but it just seems strange how he’s almost virtually disappeared

FilipinoHibs
27-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Why is he never quoted anywhere? I don’t think he’s been mentioned in any Jack Ross interview and can’t remember seeing his name on any development squad team sheet.

Is he injured?

If he’s to go in January I don’t think we’ll struggle to find clubs for him as he was highly rated down south but it just seems strange how he’s almost virtually disappeared

Ross mentioned him in interview. Still involved but not making squad. Ross has spoken to him about it. Mallan and Murray ahead of him for squad.

J-C
27-12-2019, 09:26 AM
He cost us nothing and will hopefully be away in January, he had options down south before he came, I'm sure there will be a few Div 1 clubs will take him.

18Craig75
27-12-2019, 09:39 AM
I wonder if Bolton would take him back now they have money again. I’m sure Hibs wouldn’t be hard to deal with.

Shame as maybe under a different manager it would’ve worked out differently for him here. I actually thought he’d be one of Hecky’s signing that would turn it around, but it’s Doidge and Newell that have shown the desire to do that.

Stuart93
27-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Aye it’s a shame things haven’t worked out for him but the desire just didn’t seem to be there.

Didn’t look like he could be arsed

Peevemor
27-12-2019, 09:45 AM
He could figure yet. It's a long season.

jacomo
27-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Aye it’s a shame things haven’t worked out for him but the desire just didn’t seem to be there.

Didn’t look like he could be arsed

Agreed.

May be unfair but we’ve got no room for passengers. Happy for him to go.

Eyrie
27-12-2019, 10:53 AM
I was excited when we got Vela and disappointed the more I saw of him.

We have a new manager now with a different way of playing, so he still has time to turn his Hibs career round, but I won't be sad if he decides to move on in January and we replace him with a proper defensive midfielder.

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Return to Bolton bottom of League One pish!

Or

Stay at Hibernian FC all for goals and glory and fight for my place and prove to all the doubters that I really am a very good player when I am fully focused and help the club climb the league and earn a place in Europe

No brainer

Over to you Josh

Winston Ingram
27-12-2019, 11:24 AM
I’m hoping he goes to Sunderland in a swap with Dylan. He played under the current Sunderland manager, Phil Parkinson, at Bolton.

Parkinson clearly doesn’t fancy McGeouch. He’s not even making the bench these days and has played just 1 minute since the 5th of October.

Just_Jimmy
27-12-2019, 01:31 PM
I’m hoping he goes to Sunderland in a swap with Dylan. He played under the current Sunderland manager, Phil Parkinson, at Bolton.

Parkinson clearly doesn’t fancy McGeouch. He’s not even making the bench these days and has played just 1 minute since the 5th of October.That would suit everyone I reckon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2019, 01:48 PM
He will need to move on for his own good. By SPL standards he will be on decent money, but I don't think that he is good enough to get a game for us just now. Better to move back down South.

Franck Stanton
27-12-2019, 02:31 PM

Parkinson clearly doesn’t fancy McGeouch. He’s not even making the bench these days and has played just 1 minute since the 5th of October.

Great idea. Come on hibs, get it done, you know it makes sense.

The 90+2
27-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Enjoying Xmas in Germany probably.

Smartie
27-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Great idea. Come on hibs, get it done, you know it makes sense.

Not sure how easy it would be to get all parties to agree to a permanent swap deal but I can’t see what there is to stop a straight swap loan until the end of the season, a bit like Boyle for Harris.

brog
27-12-2019, 02:48 PM
He's with Whitty & Middleton. They haven't been seen either.

Brightside
27-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Just need to find a team that will take him. Real shame as he came with a great pedigree.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Not sure how easy it would be to get all parties to agree to a permanent swap deal but I can’t see what there is to stop a straight swap loan until the end of the season, a bit like Boyle for Harris.

Sunderland not wanting Vela is a pretty big issue?

WhileTheChief..
27-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Used to ask the same question when he was playing each week.

DH1875
27-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Exactly. No great loss if we never see him in a hibs shirt ever again.

Heckys Wheel
27-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Just need to find a team that will take him. Real shame as he came with a great pedigree.

Have to admit, I’m surprised he didn’t pick up when Hecky left like other new signings. Thought he was the most likely to, given his pedigree.

Peevemor
27-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Have to admit, I’m surprised he didn’t pick up when Hecky left like other new signings. Thought he was the most likely to, given his pedigree.He was the first to be dropped by Eddie May and hasn't had a sniff since. He's either been very unlucky or simply hasn't shown enough in training.

Smartie
27-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Sunderland not wanting Vela is a pretty big issue?

They’d be losing someone who is miles out the picture and be gaining someone their manager might think they’d be able to get a tune out of having worked together before.

If they had loads of other good offers for Dylan, they might not go for it.

If they don’t, they just might?

BoomtownHibees
27-12-2019, 04:10 PM

Whittaker made the bench up at Ross County but other than that he’s no made the squad

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 04:54 PM

Whitty is coaching

DetroitHibs
27-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Think we are hiding him so teams interested don’t see how bad he really is :lips seal

Deansy
27-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Just free him !

CMurdoch
27-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Have to admit, I’m surprised he didn’t pick up when Hecky left like other new signings. Thought he was the most likely to, given his pedigree.

He was the first to be dropped by Eddie May and hasn't had a sniff since. He's either been very unlucky or simply hasn't shown enough in training.

Neither Vela nor Middleton has been given a chance since Eddie May didn't include them in his winning interim team squads.
Would have liked to have seen both get a chance as the others did post Hecky.
Even Whitty got on the bench for a game.
However, I am happy that Ross will make the right decisions for the good of the club.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Neither Vela nor Middleton has been given a chance since Eddie May didn't include them in his winning interim team squads.
Would have liked to have seen both get a chance as the others did post Hecky.
However, I am happy that Ross will make the right decisions for good of the club.
Has James got on since Hecky left

CMurdoch
27-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Has James got on since Hecky left

I don't remember him playing but makes the bench for most games which must be a much better feeling than not being involved at all on matchdays.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2019, 05:34 PM

he's been out injured

delbert
27-12-2019, 07:31 PM

Hopefully right now in the same car as Middleton !

Heisenberg
27-12-2019, 07:33 PM
he's been out injured

Well I am absolutely shocked by this news. Dylan was good but it’d be a risk to pull out all the stops to get him back I think.

Vault Boy
27-12-2019, 10:09 PM
I actually feel for him to be honest. To say it hasn't worked out is probably an understatement but I can't personally see that it's been from a lack of trying.

It's best he moves on ASAP as we need the wages to bring in another midfielder.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2019, 11:27 AM
It’s cool guys!

Josh Vela has a thigh strain

Confirmed by Jack Ross yesterday’s post match interview

Heisenberg
30-12-2019, 11:28 AM
It’s cool guys!

Josh Vela has a thigh strain

Confirmed by Jack Ross yesterday’s post match interview

Hopefully recovers in time so he can get himself back down south next month.

DavidDavidGray
30-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Gone in January, hopefully. Up there with the worst Hibs players of the decade. Never tried and hid from the ball every single game. Presumable on a good wage considering his reputation and that we apparently had competition from Championship sides for him, we should get rid ASAP. Speaks volumes that nobody except Hecky rates him

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Cause for 24 years we’ve beem missing some player called Vela, Vela where the fk is Vela.

Craig_HFC
30-12-2019, 07:43 PM
He is utter pish.

I don't think I've ever seen a central midfielder put in as little effort as him. He just lets players stroll past him which resulted in Hickey's winner in the 1st derby of the season to name 1 goal. He is a coward, he hides & I hope he's away back down south in January so we can spend the no doubt decent wage on someone more deserving.

SMAXXA
30-12-2019, 07:48 PM
He’s no as bad as some folk make him out to be imo

The 90+2
30-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Aye he is. Thankfully our manager knows that too. He will be at Port Vale under Hecky next year hopefully.

SMAXXA
30-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Aye he is. Thankfully our manager knows that too. He will be at Port Vale under Hecky next year hopefully.

Ok since you say so makes it fact

HoboHarry
30-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Just free him !
Not sure if you are joking or not. We can't just free him......

Billy Whizz
30-12-2019, 08:04 PM

I agree

Golden Bear
30-12-2019, 08:26 PM
He can play but only if he decides he wants to. Having said that, I suspect that there are a couple of others in the squad who come into the same category.

PH91
30-12-2019, 08:43 PM

I would like to see him given a shot without having to play to Hecky's crap tactics and instructions. Not sure if he will get a chance though as he seems an obvious one to move on and free up a wage.

Bear in mind lots of people said Newell was one of the worst players to ever play here (I admit I thought he was poor myself) and he is now in most fans preffered starting 11 every week.

Captain Trips
31-12-2019, 12:12 AM
I would like to see him have another go playing in JR system. Not a write off yet IMO.