PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better passer than S. Allan in league?

Captain Trips
26-12-2019, 11:26 PM
Well.......

I thought not.

Pagan Hibernia
27-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Well.......

I thought not.

I don’t think there’s anyone with an eye for a through ball like him.

LaMotta
27-12-2019, 02:28 AM
Kris Boyd thinks hes the best. Always knew he was a great pundit.

Waxy
27-12-2019, 06:09 AM
Not at the moment.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2019, 07:16 AM
In terms of creative passes, he is definitely one of the best. In terms of keeping it and knocking it around, he isn't.

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2019, 07:25 AM
In terms of creative passes, he is definitely one of the best. In terms of keeping it and knocking it around, he isn't.

:agree:

Hard to get the ball from Biton Rogic Ntcham and Brown and that is why they are Champions and two of them cannae get a game just now :greengrin

Beefster
27-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Outside of the Bigot Brothers, he’s the best player in Scotland IMHO.

Unseen work
27-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Think it’s a difficult one as there are a lot of aspects to it.

If it’s based on defence splitting passes he would certainly be up there, it’s his vision that separates him from others imo and the weight of pass. He does try a lot of them but for good reason.

Christie, Rogic, Mcgregor and players like they are all very good forward passers and good at keeping it in tight areas, all probably have a better pass success rate than Allan.

Guys like Kamara, Jack and Brown are brilliant at keeping the ball and playing the ‘simple pass’ or working.

Mallan aswell which I’m sure some won’t like seeing is a terrific passer. There’s not many players in the league with his technique and are able to deliver pin point passes as easily as he does.

I watched an interview with Kevin De Bruyne and I’m sure it was said his pass completion rate was about 70-75% which he said he was happy with as it shows he’s trying to create things, if it was higher then he wouldn’t be doing his role correctly and I think that’s the case for Scotty.

Let him have that freedom to express himself, if only 1 comes off a game then so be it as it could be the moment that wins us the game. As long as its instinct based as opposed to forcing it I’m all for it.

There’s very few players like Scotty in Scotland so I’m delighted he is with us and agree that on his day he’s he best player outside the old firm.

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Before he got injured Nir Biton had a success rate of 95.5% completed passes the best in SPFL

Source DR so it must be true ⛄️

wookie70
27-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Think it’s a difficult one as there are a lot of aspects to it.

If it’s based on defence splitting passes he would certainly be up there, it’s his vision that separates him from others imo and the weight of pass. He does try a lot of them but for good reason.

Christie, Rogic, Mcgregor and players like they are all very good forward passers and good at keeping it in tight areas, all probably have a better pass success rate than Allan.

Guys like Kamara, Jack and Brown are brilliant at keeping the ball and playing the ‘simple pass’ or working.

Mallan aswell which I’m sure some won’t like seeing is a terrific passer. There’s not many players in the league with his technique and are able to deliver pin point passes as easily as he does.

I watched an interview with Kevin De Bruyne and I’m sure it was said his pass completion rate was about 70-75% which he said he was happy with as it shows he’s trying to create things, if it was higher then he wouldn’t be doing his role correctly and I think that’s the case for Scotty.

Let him have that freedom to express himself, if only 1 comes off a game then so be it as it could be the moment that wins us the game. As long as its instinct based as opposed to forcing it I’m all for it.

There’s very few players like Scotty in Scotland so I’m delighted he is with us and agree that on his day he’s he best player outside the old firm.

He certainly has the ability to split a defense and see a pass that very few other players do. I'd like to see Scotties pass completion rate as I would imagine it is a good deal worse than De Bruyne as he plays far too many passes into traffic that give up possession when there was an easier and just as productive option available. Yesterday was a great example of how a ball into the mixer early can be just as productive as a pinpoint slide rule pass.

I have never been as big a fan as most on here but he is starting to mature now. He is very inexperienced having not played many games due to poor moves. His workrate is improving and hopefully with that maturity and experience he will realise that every pass doesn't need to create a goal. When he does he will be some player. At the moment though I would consider him one if not the best at a killer pass but nowhere near the best passer of the ball generally as he gifts possession to opponents so often. That possession can sometimes lead to changes in momentum. All the signs are good though that Scottie is still improving and his decision making is getting better. Once that happens his consistency will also improve.

TimeForHeroes16
27-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Simple answer NOPE!!!

TimeForHeroes16
27-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Even tho we got absolutely pumped that pass at Ibrox for Horgan was absolutely sensational I was standing in the away end with a semi

makaveli1875
27-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Simple answer NOPE!!!

who is then ?

Springbank
27-12-2019, 10:17 AM

Class comment - like it.

I remember the Lennon season when we drew 2-2 at Celtic Park, with a midfield three of McGinn, McGeough & Bartley.

Saw a "scouting analysis" of John McGinn from a Celtic point of view (McGinn scored a double that day)

It was similar to the De Bruyne quote in that it noted Lennon had set up a team to take the game to Rodgers, and McGeough's role was clearly to shuttle the ball quickly to McGinn, who was expected to play a first time ball (forwards) every time, into space behind Kieran Tierney, who Lennon had identified as the weak link (Boyle ran him ragged, then Barker was brought on to keep the momentum)

Anyway, the scouting report noted that McGinn's pass completion rate was much lower than all Celtic's midfield that day BUT that McGinn had created more chances at Parkhead in that 90 mins that any other midfielder had during Celtic's long unbeaten run...and *that* was the key stat.

Scott Allan's got a similar role - don't take too many touches or nothing passes, go make the magic happen and a pass completion rate of 50% can be dynamite for someone like Scott provided the team is set up to feed the talented Quarterback

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 10:21 AM
who is then ?

Well if he doesnt think there is a better passer then no one!