PDA

View Full Version : Air domination

Navids Numpties
26-12-2019, 10:21 PM
Barely gave any of their tall thugs a sniff tonight no matter how much they hoofed it up. CB’s take a bow.

Mixu62
26-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Noticed Doidge was winning the ariel battle with Berra too. Gave me hope we could get something from corners.

truehibernian
26-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Noticed Doidge was winning the ariel battle with Berra too. Gave me hope we could get something from corners.

Mentioned last season that Berra hates having a physical striker against him and for too long we have pandered to them in that sense. He is a ponderous defender and if you occupy him all game his concentration levels are awful. Doidge was a handful and always contesting things which Berra hates. The fact we had Horgan and Boyle creating a nuisance occupied their whole backline and allowed Doidge to do what he is good at and be a physical presence and option in the box. Good tactics by the boss in my book too.

wookie70
26-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Mentioned last season that Berra hates having a physical striker against him and for too long we have pandered to them in that sense. He is a ponderous defender and if you occupy him all game his concentration levels are awful. Doidge was a handful and always contesting things which Berra hates. The fact we had Horgan and Boyle creating a nuisance occupied their whole backline and allowed Doidge to do what he is good at and be a physical presence and option in the box. Good tactics by the boss in my book too. Judging by the goals it was Boyler that he hated having beside him, albeit only until they started running.

EI255
27-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Noticed Doidge was winning the ariel battle with Berra too. Gave me hope we could get something from corners.Berra was finished years ago. He's utterly finished as an SPL player.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
27-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Mentioned last season that Berra hates having a physical striker against him and for too long we have pandered to them in that sense. He is a ponderous defender and if you occupy him all game his concentration levels are awful. Doidge was a handful and always contesting things which Berra hates. The fact we had Horgan and Boyle creating a nuisance occupied their whole backline and allowed Doidge to do what he is good at and be a physical presence and option in the box. Good tactics by the boss in my book too.Spot on.

calumhibee1
27-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Berra was finished years ago. He's utterly finished as an SPL player.

Yup. He’s dreadful and wouldn’t get in any other team in the league. Can file Halkett along similar lines although he’s marginally better and would maybe get in one or two.

With regards to aerial domination - were actually a really big side now. Good to see.

Onion
27-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Air Domination?

I mentioned once but think I got away with it :wink:.

Sudds_1
27-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Yup. He’s dreadful and wouldn’t get in any other team in the league. Can file Halkett along similar lines although he’s marginally better and would maybe get in one or two.

With regards to aerial domination - were actually a really big side now. Good to see.

...but but but, halkett was the grearcentre half they snapped up under our noses, no? 😂

WoreTheGreen
27-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Air Domination?

I mentioned once but think I got away with it :wink:.

You’re a lucky Fokker to get away with that

Blaster
27-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Judging by the goals it was Boyler that he hated having beside him, albeit only until they started running.

You are allowed to say positive things about Doidge too you know. The combined attributes of our front 2 yesterday gave hearts lots of problems and Boyle reaped the benefits