PDA

View Full Version : Big Daz

JimBHibees
26-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Thought the big man was absolutely immense today putting his body on the line and dominating in the air. When you take into account his first start for ages was top notch. Loved his reaction at the end leading the players over to the fans. Fantastic servant hope he stays fit as he is still a huge asset to the team. :flag:

truehibernian
26-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Boyler will always get the plaudits but Daz was my MotM today - hasn't played for ages, into the lion's den, and turns out a wee masterclass in defending in a derby :aok: second half we needed his grit, desire and leadership and he gave that in abundance Jim :agree:

JimBHibees
26-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Boyler will always get the plaudits but Daz was my MotM today - hasn't played for ages, into the lion's den, and turns out a wee masterclass in defending in a derby :aok: second half we needed his grit, desire and leadership and he gave that in abundance Jim :agree:

Totally agree was great to see him playing so well and obviously loving every moment of it.

Shrekko
26-12-2019, 10:03 PM
My MOTM also and in context - age, injury etc etc it was an immense performance. Was actually worried he might not be match sharp but he never fails to amaze.

BILLYHIBS
26-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Love the guy

He is that old he played in the same St Mirren team as Jack Ross

Mr HIBS !

hibee_girl
26-12-2019, 10:07 PM
He was outstanding, we’ve really missed him

tonyrougier123
26-12-2019, 10:07 PM
The legend might need a rest from time to time,but if your in the trenches big daz mcgregor standing next to you must be a reassuring sight.
Hope ryan porteous(even though it was never a red son👊💪💚)
Was taking notes on that performance,remains one of the biggest signings hibernian football club has ever made.

shetlandhibee
26-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Boyler will always get the plaudits but Daz was my MotM today - hasn't played for ages, into the lion's den, and turns out a wee masterclass in defending in a derby :aok: second half we needed his grit, desire and leadership and he gave that in abundance Jim :agree::top markstot agree with rocky rocky and boyle a close 2nd:agree:

shetlandhibee
26-12-2019, 10:11 PM
:top markstot agree with rocky rocky and boyle a close 2nd:agree:i must be p/\\ss ed could ov sworn i only writ rocky once lol he was different class :not worth

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Love the way he just jumped up after big Uche kicked him in the face.

A green colossus.

DaveF
26-12-2019, 10:18 PM
Ryan take note.

Weegreenman
26-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Outstanding 👏👏👏

Kaff
26-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Ryan take note.

Agree, learning point for Ryan. Great player/prospect but imo deserved to be dropped for that challenge anyway (since we had a suitable replacement) got to see the bigger picture and cut out the rash almost retaliatory challenges.
Possibly he was an intimidating youth player but it will be a weakness as he tries to move up the ladder.
Will be an interesting decision for Livingston, possibly need a more mobile player for Dykes and Daz could still be recovering from that hard 90 minutes so wouldn't be surprised at a recall for Ryan tbh.
Will be a tester for Jack tbh

NAE NOOKIE
26-12-2019, 10:32 PM
My man of the match, which is incredible when we have a guy who scored twice at Tynecastle which should have made him a stick on for MOM ... But from start to finish Daz was on it and considering how long he has been out his performance was superb. If heart and guts were all it took Daz would be at Barcelona not Hibs :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
27-12-2019, 06:02 AM
Agree, learning point for Ryan. Great player/prospect but imo deserved to be dropped for that challenge anyway (since we had a suitable replacement) got to see the bigger picture and cut out the rash almost retaliatory challenges.
Possibly he was an intimidating youth player but it will be a weakness as he tries to move up the ladder.
Will be an interesting decision for Livingston, possibly need a more mobile player for Dykes and Daz could still be recovering from that hard 90 minutes so wouldn't be surprised at a recall for Ryan tbh.
Will be a tester for Jack tbh

Porto has a 2 game ban so will still be suspended for Sunday - according to Sky anyway

capitals_finest
27-12-2019, 07:09 AM
We don't even see what sort of an impact he has in the dressing room and behind the scenes. It was only when I saw the starting line up when I started to feel confident about the game and seeing his name was a big part of that. Love the man.

SDG1902
27-12-2019, 09:24 AM
So much for Porto to learn from that absolute masterclass today. Thats how you put in a physical and dominant performance without the silly ***** he lets himself get involved in.

Has all the attributes to go really far, but has to stop playing to the crowd, think he reads too much on social media where folk are calling him a legend for the aggression and beimg a big Hibee, when all it does is put pressure on him/us with daft cards.

Daz plays the game and the man in front of him despite being equally as loved for his attitude and toughness. Watch and learn young man, as that sort of display will be talked about for far longer than screaming at Morelos or bursting a ball.

Immense from Daz.

marleyhib
27-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Outstanding, gets Hibs, gets the Derby, exactly what we needed against that lot at the PBS

maturehibby
27-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Like a vintage wine
Gets better with age

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Love the way he just jumped up after big Uche kicked him in the face.

A green colossus.

Big itchy was trying to say spread and got the brush off. What a man.