PDA

View Full Version : Stendel = Butcher

declan macmanus
26-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Came in, told squad they are hopeless. He has at least got a transfer window to try and save it but they’re in deep trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Callum_62
26-12-2019, 09:00 PM
I really think he's a dud

Kickback going on about none of this is his fault but he's playing a system that doesnt suit the players. They are far too easy to play against

I think Levein wouldve ground out a few more points out of the last 4 games

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

LaMotta
26-12-2019, 09:00 PM
A wee bit similarities...but.....when Butcher came in we were ok and he started off ok too...took a couple of months for the decline to set in.

Can't remember a manager of either side having such a rotten start.

delbert
26-12-2019, 09:13 PM
A wee bit similarities...but.....when Butcher came in we were ok and he started off ok too...took a couple of months for the decline to set in.

Can't remember a manager of either side having such a rotten start.

In that case, you’ve clearly forgotten the clown that was Calderwood !!

CapitalGreen
26-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Jerry Butcher

- credit to whoever posted it previously

supermcginn
26-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Sounded like he'd had a good Christmas in his pre match interview. Either that or he was still steaming.

matty_f
26-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Jerry Butcher

:faf:

wookie70
26-12-2019, 09:54 PM
In that case, you’ve clearly forgotten the clown that was Calderwood !! Calderwood's 4th game was a 3-0 win at Ibrox.

LaMotta
26-12-2019, 10:11 PM
In that case, you’ve clearly forgotten the clown that was Calderwood !!

Nope, I took Calderwood into account:thumbsup:

vercol36
26-12-2019, 10:13 PM
please tell me 'one Daniel stendel' got an airing

Squealing pig
26-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Butcher won some games in spl 😂

Hibstrooper
26-12-2019, 10:32 PM
He wants to go home
He wants to go home
Daniel Stendel
He wants to go home

Smartie
26-12-2019, 10:34 PM
He wants to go home
He wants to go home
Daniel Stendel
He wants to go home

Goes home when he wants
Goes home when he wants
Daniel Stendel
Goes home when he wants

Winston Ingram
27-12-2019, 06:44 AM
According to some on JKB Whelan was left out for telling him exactly what he thought of his holiday

Centre Hawf
27-12-2019, 06:51 AM
He has definitely inherited a mess but why would you try playing a high line with Halkett and Berra against someone like Martin Boyle after seeing what Celtic did to them a few weeks ago. That's inept. You can't just come in and say "We play this way and that's it" if the way you play isn't physically possible by your two defenders.

That is a very worrying sign.

Comiston Hibee
27-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Hearts pal ( yes I do care in the community) told me yesterday that not only has he 4 defeats in a row, but had a further 10 at Barnsley......
championship form

Eyrie
27-12-2019, 10:48 AM
He has definitely inherited a mess but why would you try playing a high line with Halkett and Berra against someone like Martin Boyle after seeing what Celtic did to them a few weeks ago. That's inept. You can't just come in and say "We play this way and that's it" if the way you play isn't physically possible by your two defenders.

A good manager will adapt his tactics to the players available and wait for a transfer window to bring in players that suit how he wants to play.

Stendel hasn't done that, which is a very pleasing sign given that they're marooned at the foot of the table and don't have time for him to just play his formation to discover which players are worth keeping and which will need an expensive pay off.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Could be a very expensive window for Hearts.

Since452
27-12-2019, 10:50 AM
Came in, told squad they are hopeless. He has at least got a transfer window to try and save it but they’re in deep trouble.

Butcher also had a promotion on his CV. Both are hopeless, Stendel slightly more so

G B Young
27-12-2019, 11:04 AM

IIRC it was only when things started to derail that Butcher told the players they weren't good enough. At the start he got a bit of a new manager bounce, including a derby win, and had us sitting 5th at new year. His early chat was all about putting an arm round players, bringing cake into the dressing room after training etc.

Can't be many managers who come in and lose their first four games and Stendel has clearly started grasping at straws already. Trying to put a positive spin on yesterday's game and describing our goals as 'own goals' is a sign of desperation.

Kato
27-12-2019, 11:10 AM

That is a very worrying sign.You mean "this is a very encouraging sign".

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

darwenhibby
27-12-2019, 11:12 AM
IIRC it was only when things started to derail that Butcher told the players they weren't good enough. At the start he got a bit of a new manager bounce, including a derby win, and had us sitting 5th at new year. His early chat was all about putting an arm round players, bringing cake into the dressing room after training etc.

Can't be many managers who come in and lose their first four games and Stendel has clearly started grasping at straws already. Trying to put a positive spin on yesterday's game and describing our goals as 'own goals' is a sign of desperation.
Did Duff Jimmy not lose his first 4 games??

Gloucester Hibs
27-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Did Duff Jimmy not lose his first 4 games??

Calderwood also? Ended the run with a 3-0 win at Ibrox?

The Captain....
27-12-2019, 11:16 AM
It's an absolutely catastrophic start..long may it continue.

I dont think Stendal wants to be there and will be surprised if he lasts 6 months. His decision to go home at Xmas was bizarre given their situation. He will be desperate for a quick way out imo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

cocteautwin
27-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Could be a very expensive window for Hearts.

Expensive for someone. They were short of £4m at 30 June due to having spent all the early bird season ticket money and Budge says on top of that they are now short £500k from their budget. Looking at c£5m of extra cash just to get them through to the end of the season. Mental.

Tyler Durden
27-12-2019, 05:02 PM

Their tactics and team selection was bonkers. Clare at RB, Smith and that White in central midfield - both full backs. Nobody getting close to Uche. Leaving McLean on the bench when he’s regularly caused Hibs problems over the years.

Keep up the good work Daniel

27-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Jerry Butcher

It was me. I'm claiming Christophe Error and getting totally Stendelled too. :greengrin

Since452
27-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Hearts pal ( yes I do care in the community) told me yesterday that not only has he 4 defeats in a row, but had a further 10 at Barnsley......
championship form

Barnsley and the German club sacked him for a reason. Found out after one season at both

Tobias Funke
27-12-2019, 05:26 PM
It was me. I'm claiming Christophe Error and getting totally Stendelled too. :greengrin

Christophe Error 😭😂🤣 👍🏼

Borderhibbie76
28-12-2019, 07:10 AM
Barnsley and the German club sacked him for a reason. Found out after one season at both

Yup a la Hecky hes not got a great track record. I did say at the time that he was a German Hecky, but at the moment hes making Hecky look like Pep haha

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2019, 11:24 AM
This Hearts side are reminiscent of Butcher's side: full of short term signings of poor quality and who just don't care about the club.

Dom'sFirstTouch
28-12-2019, 11:29 AM
At least Butcher managed a short-lived new manager bounce before losing the plot.

Hibrandenburg
28-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Just been reading Stendel's post match interview and if I didn't know better I'd think he was a manager who's been at a failing club for a long time defending himself in the last throes of his downward spiralling reign.

Since452
28-12-2019, 11:42 AM
At least Butcher managed a short-lived new manager bounce before losing the plot.

And won a derby

CapitalGreen
28-12-2019, 11:48 AM

He’ll be Cologne Calderwood if he manages to help them avoid relegation.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2019, 01:22 PM
I said on the derby match thread that he was playing to the gallery throughout the game.

As soon as Hibs went one up he was kicking water bottles, chasing the ball up the touchline, his arms were like windmills, he was doing that weird springy crouching thing some managers do, screaming at nobody in particular and pointing and shouting at the 4th official every 30 seconds. He looked like a total clown.

Many Hearts fans will fall for that initially; as many of us, myself included, did when Butcher arrived here. 'No more Mr Nice guy, he' ll sort this lot out'. Everyone accepts that a manager will have the odd outburst or get annoyed by a decision every so often but when it's happening throughout a game it screams someone who is already out of ideas and is desperate to display their 'passion'. I don't think players respond to that and if it isn't accompanied by some tactical nous fans soon tire of it as well.

Hearts are in big, big trouble. Rudderless, no new manager bounce, their best players are a perennially injured 30 something and an inexperienced teenager. Their experienced players are well over the hill and no one wants to display any leadership whatsoever. I think January will see them attempt what we did in January 2012. 5 or 6 loanees from down south and cross their fingers they have enough quality to keep them up. It worked for us on that occasion but if it isn't followed up by a significant shift in philosophy and culture moving forwards then it's a temporary solution, as it was for us. If they don't make signings or they don't all hit the ground running then they are going down. Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone et al will outbattle them if it comes down to that.

It's set to be an amusing few months.

Hibiza
28-12-2019, 01:29 PM
You mean "this is a very encouraging sign".

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk spot on.

28-12-2019, 01:44 PM

Yup this guys come in and lost the dressing room in a matter of weeks. 😂🤣😂
Butcher was bad but Stendel is making Butcher look half decent. Great selection by Mrs Ann 💔 Budge.

Smartie
28-12-2019, 03:45 PM
One thing in their favour is that I think there is a misguided notion that all their players will be hard to get rid of, the players will want to sit tight and see out contracts.

Why would anyone want to stay there right now? I don’t think it will be as hard as many think for them to have a clear out.

1van Sprou7e
28-12-2019, 03:47 PM
One thing in their favour is that I think there is a misguided notion that all their players will be hard to get rid of, the players will want to sit tight and see out contracts.

Why would anyone want to stay there right now? I don’t think it will be as hard as many think for them to have a clear out.

Who on earth is going to want to sign that dross?

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2019, 03:54 PM

1. They are so bad no-one will want them even for free

2. They are so old and crocked they'd never pass a medical at a new club

3. If they are on 3/4 year contracts they are going nowhere without massive pay off to the value of their basic contracts

4. Why work for a living when you can get paid for sauntering in to training 2 mornings a week and have every weekend off?

Since452
28-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Credit to Hearts. They've outdone themselves getting rid of a comedy show management team by bringing in somebody even worse. Amazing.

Smartie
28-12-2019, 04:00 PM
1. They are so bad no-one will want them even for free

2. They are so old and crocked they'd never pass a medical at a new club

3. If they are on 3/4 year contracts they are going nowhere without massive pay off to the value of their basic contracts

4. Why work for a living when you can get paid for sauntering in to training 2 mornings a week and have every weekend off?

1+2 - not all of them.

3+4 - if you want being part of a hopeless Hearts side to be the pinnacle of your career then carry on. If you have anything about you, you’ll want to get out of that mess, start grafting and rebuild your own reputation.

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 04:10 PM

Probably because unless they get a large pay off they are input unlikely to move from Hearts if they are on long term lucrative contracts, particularly if your a 30 something!

I don’t see many in the Hearts team that will have clubs lined up for them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2019, 04:19 PM
1+2 - not all of them.

The ones that aren't are the ones they will want to keep (short list)

3+4 - if you want being part of a hopeless Hearts side to be the pinnacle of your career then carry on. If you have anything about you, you’ll want to get out of that mess, start grafting and rebuild your own reputation.

For those on the long contracts this is their pinnacle or their pension. Why put you body through hell for another season when you can sit on your erchie and get paid for three before hanging up your boots?

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 04:20 PM

Think they will end up in a Sunderland type situation regarding players....

Smartie
28-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Probably because unless they get a large pay off they are input unlikely to move from Hearts if they are on long term lucrative contracts, particularly if your a 30 something!

I don’t see many in the Hearts team that will have clubs lined up for them

I’d be surprised if clubs were queueing up for loads of their players, but I’d be surprised if they couldn’t shift a few in order to give them a little room to manoeuvre.

Greenbeard
28-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Knew I'd see him before somewhere.
Stendel = the glaikit lad from Gregory's Girl.

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;6029905]I’d be surprised if clubs were queueing up for loads of their players, but I’d be surprised if they couldn’t shift a few in order to give them a little room

Callum_62
28-12-2019, 07:00 PM
Apparently had a big fall out with Naismith today

Kickback in full TEAM STENDEL mode, proclaiming this as a great success as Naisy is now a wage thief etc. Place is gone mad

whiskyhibby
28-12-2019, 07:01 PM
As they should, to give him a bumper 4 year deal with his injury issues was madness....

Ozyhibby
28-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Apparently had a big fall out with Naismith today

Kickback in full TEAM STENDEL mode, proclaiming this as a great success as Naisy is now a wage thief etc. Place is gone mad

I’m #teamnaisy. He owes it to himself to see out the remaining three years of his part time contract.[emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk