PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Seats

Rattler
26-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Yes, I know we won... but why do a very small minority of our support think that this sort of behaviour is acceptable? We were quick enough to condemn the Hearts support doing this at Easter Road earlier- surely doesn’t mean that we have to come down to their level!

Could almost understand it if the game was crap.., but we had just gone 2-0 up.

Nae need guys.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Just fannies who can't handle their bevvy or coke

CMurdoch
26-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Thick counts.
Hibs pay for the damage.
Who doesn't know that?

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2019, 07:45 PM

This, idiot's

Billy Whizz
26-12-2019, 07:46 PM
My daughters seat was broken from a previous game (Celtic?)
Fortunately she took a photo of it, not that anyone sat down today

Sammy7nil
26-12-2019, 07:49 PM
My daughters seat was broken from a previous game (Celtic?)
Fortunately she took a photo of it, not that anyone sat down today

It should have been replaced but they forgot to order the seats :greengrin

Aim Here
26-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Thick counts.
Hibs pay for the damage.
Who doesn't know that?

Actually there's an arrangement between Hibs and Hearts that they don't bother sending each other the bills for seat damage four times a year. Probably because the idiot quotient and the away crowd in both team's supports is much the same so the bill is probably a similar amount each time, and it saves on admin costs.

I wouldn't go broadcasting that fact to the thick Counts though.

Hibbyradge
26-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Actually there's an arrangement between Hibs and Hearts that they don't bother sending each other the bills for seat damage four times a year. Probably because the idiot quotient and the away crowd in both team's supports is much the same so the bill is probably a similar amount each time, and it saves on admin costs.

Well, you just have broadcasted it, but I don't think that's the case anyway.

Didn't Leeann Dempster talk fairly recently about the cost to Hibs when our fans vandalised the PBS? :dunno:

Sir David Gray
26-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Mental that anyone still does this.

we are hibs
26-12-2019, 07:56 PM
People getting over-exuberant after we scored goals and they were broken during the celebrations, no? . I doubt most if any were deliberate unless youve seen otherwise?

Hiber-nation
26-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Some ersehole thought it was a good idea to launch a broken piece of seat from near the back row of section K into Hibs fans nearer the front. Unreal.

Box 17
26-12-2019, 08:01 PM
People getting over-exuberant after we scored goals and they were broken during the celebrations, no? . I doubt most if any were deliberate unless youve seen otherwise?

I've celebrated goals exuberantly in many a stadium for over 40 years and haven't broken a seat yet.

Rattler
26-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Definitely not over-exuberance. At least one idiot in the row behind me was laying into the seats long after the goal celebrations had finished.

SANH 1875
26-12-2019, 08:05 PM
I remember the thrown seat, just missed a guy in a wheelchair 9n the walkway, absolute fud whoever threw that.

spikeymike
26-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Yip the big rear end in front of us in section L took it upon himself to destroy a seat after we scored the 1st goal..god knows what he would have done if we lost the 1st one

CMurdoch
26-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Hopefully Hearts get onto their CCTV system and catch some of our fuds.
Believe they installed a similar system to the one we installed in the summer.
Go on the Hearts CCTV dude.

hibbyfraelibby
26-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Believe me they send each other bills. Problem is the Jumbos havevrun out if replacement seats of the kind installed in the Riseburn and the supplier refuses to sell them more because they got shafted over outstanding bills when they went into admin.

wallpaperman
26-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Believe me they send each other bills. Problem is the Jumbos havevrun out if replacement seats of the kind installed in the Riseburn and the supplier refuses to sell them more because they got shafted over outstanding bills when they went into admin.

Got to be a .net myth.

Do you really think that a business, even if they had lost money during the administration event, would refuse to do business if Hearts come along with a big lump of cash up front and asked for 200 new seats?

I suppose they might out of principle, and they might not extend them credit, but if they were gonna pay up front would be a bit daft to refuse (unless the company is owned by Hibbies :greengrin).

ColintonHibs
26-12-2019, 09:40 PM
They’re creating jobs

hibbyfraelibby
26-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Got to be a .net myth.

Do you really think that a business, even if they had lost money during the administration event, would refuse to do business if Hearts come along with a big lump of cash up front and asked for 200 new seats?

I suppose they might out of principle, and they might not extend them credit, but if they were gonna pay up front would be a bit daft to refuse (unless the company is owned by Hibbies :greengrin).

But they're not just asking for 200 seats. They need a production run in maroon...and the firm wants the thousands they are owed first before they'll entertain them

BigKev
26-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Was there damaged seats today or are some bams presuming there were? I never seen any.

Hibs fans were great today but if you want to search for a negative then bash on.

Some right teapots in our fan base these days.

wallpaperman
26-12-2019, 10:04 PM
But they're not just asking for 200 seats. They need a production run in maroon...and the firm wants the thousands they are owed first before they'll entertain them

I’ll take your word for it mate, be rather amusing to be true.

Seems a strange way to do business though, the pre-administration debts are gone, legally they are not owed that money any more.

I can totally understand a smaller business feeling that way, but there is no suggestion the current regime are not paying bills. I suppose they could be holding out for old Annie to ‘do the right thing’ but can’t see that happening.

Moody Blues
26-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Yes, I know we won... but why do a very small minority of our support think that this sort of behaviour is acceptable? We were quick enough to condemn the Hearts support doing this at Easter Road earlier- surely doesn’t mean that we have to come down to their level!

Could almost understand it if the game was crap.., but we had just gone 2-0 up.

Nae need guys.

How negative is this post. We have just won a derby fixture and this snowflake is woreied about a damaged seat or two qhich i never witnessed. Why are you doing this as the hibe support was superb and well behaved today.
Maybe geta life!

ben johnson
26-12-2019, 10:15 PM
I’ll take your word for it mate, be rather amusing to be true.

Seems a strange way to do business though, the pre-administration debts are gone, legally they are not owed that money any more.

I can totally understand a smaller business feeling that way, but there is no suggestion the current regime are not paying bills. I suppose they could be holding out for old Annie to ‘do the right thing’ but can’t see that happening.

A small business we dealt with took it rather badly when they were shafted due to a business having an administration event pulled on them
When the same outfit rose Phoenix like and tried to do business again they were told no thanks. We have made enough money in the past to tell you to **** off.
The whole admin process they were involved in was a complete rip off with saleable assets being bought by ex employees for buttons and this guy just would not stand for this legalised theft

Rattler
26-12-2019, 10:24 PM
How negative is this post. We have just won a derby fixture and this snowflake is woreied about a damaged seat or two qhich i never witnessed. Why are you doing this as the hibe support was superb and well behaved today.
Maybe geta life!

Snowflake - Not

Hibs support - generally well behaved, but with a few exceptions.

Just because you never saw it doesn’t say it didn’t happen.

I love life and I love Hibs. You however...💚

Box 17
26-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Maybe geta life!

Just because you didn't see any damage doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are posters on this thread that say they witnessed it.

Whether we win or lose the minority of knuckle draggers in our support should be called out at every opportunity.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2019, 10:28 PM
They’re creating jobs

Capitalism

Maybe geta life!

Well if you never saw it it never happened and all is well :doh:

wallpaperman
26-12-2019, 10:32 PM
A small business we dealt with took it rather badly when they were shafted due to a business having an administration event pulled on them
When the same outfit rose Phoenix like and tried to do business again they were told no thanks. We have made enough money in the past to tell you to **** off.
The whole admin process they were involved in was a complete rip off with saleable assets being bought by ex employees for buttons and this guy just would not stand for this legalised theft

yeah, all power to any small business that can turn round and say f you to a company that has shafted them in the past, in the guise of a slightly different entity.

if the seat company that Hearts would like to use are able to do just that, all the better. :thumbsup:

Lendo
26-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Maybe geta life!

If anyone uses the term snowflake they just out themselves as a moron in my opinion.

One Day Soon
26-12-2019, 10:41 PM

I run a small business and trust me if an institution like Hearts did this to us there's no way we'd entertain them on any account unless they honoured the previous debt. We're talking here about an organisation which, to all intents and purposes, is exactly the same as the previous one, playing at the same stadium, with the same fans, in the same league and with the same players. BBC Scotland might not give a **** about who they stiffed, but plenty of others do.

One Day Soon
26-12-2019, 10:42 PM
If anyone uses the term snowflake they just out themselves as a moron in my opinion.

Yup, it's lazy and meaningless.

wookie70
26-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Maybe geta life!

Might have made a big difference to the life of someone if that flying seat had hit a "fellow fan". I was behind the goals high up with my son and the singing section(not sure if it is official or not). They all just pile in, no regard for seat numbers etc and I was glad to just made my way to the side of them. Unless you could get a good CCTV image or someone identifying them then the person throwing the seat could have had a seat from anywhere in our end. The seat was fired from near the back and flew down to the area where the exits are. It came from the area at the back of section J near K from what I could tell.

I would say for all I got pushed away from my seat the youngster that were around me behaved pretty well and just enjoyed the game and the banter. They were flying over the seats at the goals but kept it among themselves and didn't do any damage maliciously. More likely they will have the bruises and lost phones etc. Barring the odd one or two they even managed to avoid the distasteful songs. Well done to them and my ears are still ringing with that drum. My lad fair enjoyed it even next to old grumpy.

Jamesie
26-12-2019, 10:54 PM

This. Queues for the gents cubicles with guys going in two by two and a group of young guys directly behind us who probably won’t remember any of the game and who we eventually snapped at given they were constantly falling into us or flailing their arms in front of our faces - completely out of their heads.

gegs70
27-12-2019, 10:21 AM
My seat was a little wobbly when I sat on it... Thankfully stood most of he game. But to totally damage is stupid Hibs probably end up paying for these things!

J-C
27-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Surely every supporter will have been given a seat number, find the supporters and make them pay, plus exclude them from buying away tickets.

Peevemor
27-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Surely every supporter will have been given a seat number, find the supporters and make them pay, plus exclude them from buying away tickets.What if your seat's broken by someone else, eg. during a goal celebration or as the ground's emptying?

Albanian Hibs
27-12-2019, 10:27 AM
A young girl beside me kicked/stamped on the seat in front of her until it broke. No need for this.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Some dafty took it upon himself to kick the toilet roll holder off the wall in one of the male toilets, it was then left in bits on the floor. There was the usual pissing in sinks etc as well.

As another poster says I think both sets of fans were generally well behaved yesterday. One or two dunderheeds but relatively mild compared to what has happened in the past.

tamig
27-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Maybe geta life!

What a daft and ignorant post.

Hermit Crab
27-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Maybe geta life!

Good night on the sauce? :rolleyes:

Just because you never seen it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

EI255
27-12-2019, 05:02 PM

I wouldn't go broadcasting that fact to the thick Counts though.Think you just have!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk