PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

21sMay
26-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Totally different side to Scott Allan today . We normally see someone who opens up defences with brilliant through balls but today he was constantly in the hearts teams faces, winning tackles and chasing down everything. His tenacity led to both our goals. Well played Mr Allan

B.H.F.C
26-12-2019, 07:17 PM
I think he does that regularly. He’s one of the players that understands when to press. Two assists that were the most ‘un Scott Allan’ like assists you’ll ever see.

Hibrandenburg
26-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Totally different side to Scott Allan today . We normally see someone who opens up defences with brilliant through balls but today he was constantly in the hearts teams faces, winning tackles and chasing down everything. His tenacity led to both our goals. Well played Mr Allan

His tackle/killer pass for our second goal was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen someone win the ball and play a pass with one touch. I'm convinced he meant to do exactly that.

bingo70
26-12-2019, 07:22 PM
His first assist was better than he got credit for, apart from Kris Boyd who called it right.

It wasn’t a hopeful punt in the air, it was an awkward pass into an a dangerous area where he knew would be difficult for defenders and where one of our forwards should be.

I’m Not suggesting he saw Boyle and aimed for his feet, it was a mischievous pass into a dangerous area though.

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2019, 07:27 PM
How many assists is that for the lad this season?

21sMay
26-12-2019, 07:35 PM
How many assists is that for the lad this season?

Sure it's 6 mate

21sMay
26-12-2019, 07:40 PM
His tackle/killer pass for our second goal was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen someone win the ball and play a pass with one touch. I'm convinced he meant to do exactly that.

I totally agree . Only my Scotty could do it

ekhibee
26-12-2019, 07:40 PM
I thought he was excellent today- unlike against Rangers when he was rotten. But to be fair, we're the club that gets the best out of Scott Allan, and when he's 'in the zone' he's a brilliant player.

21sMay
26-12-2019, 07:41 PM
I thought he was excellent today- unlike against Rangers when he was rotten. But to be fair, we're the club that gets the best out of Scott Allan, and when he's 'in the zone' he's a brilliant player.

I agree . Against rangers he was very poor . Unlike him though

Sammy7nil
26-12-2019, 07:43 PM
His first assist was better than he got credit for, apart from Kris Boyd who called it right.

It wasn’t a hopeful punt in the air, it was an awkward pass into an a dangerous area where he knew would be difficult for defenders and where one of our forwards should be.

I’m Not suggesting he saw Boyle and aimed for his feet, it was a mischievous pass into a dangerous area though.

I thought it was a naughty pass too :wink:

CMac1988
26-12-2019, 07:47 PM

Oh yes. I firmly believe he knew exactly what he was doing. Good dink in to a dangerous area. He was hopeful that someone was there and Boyle... Was there. First touch boom, clean into the net with a 1st time volley. Lovely stuff.

Northernhibee
26-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Both assists were filthy.

Diclonius
26-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Another key piece in our derby performances the last few years.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2019, 08:05 PM
He basically destroyed them with two moves

truehibernian
26-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Would love to see us secure Lewis Morgan on loan and see how Allan and Morgan link up in the side. Boyle anticipates Allan's passing all the time but it would be awesome to have another like-minded player who could latch onto his passes.

Winter shopping list is a two defensive midfielders, Morgan, and a striker - with a couple going out on loan.

cammy1969
26-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Good players do what they do, they put the ball in the mix defenders have to attack ball haveing no clue where ball will end up good players know this. Very cleaver imo what a football brain this lad has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
26-12-2019, 08:14 PM
I love Scott Allan. Anyone who doesn't enjoy watching him play isn't a football fan.

Even if he did nothing else today, which he did, his 2 interventions created 2 goals. How can you not love a player like that?

Sammy7nil
26-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Would love to see us secure Lewis Morgan on loan and see how Allan and Morgan link up in the side. Boyle anticipates Allan's passing all the time but it would be awesome to have another like-minded player who could latch onto his passes.

Winter shopping list is a two defensive midfielders, Morgan, and a striker - with a couple going out on loan.

That looks like a kickback wish list :wink:

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2019, 08:19 PM
I hope Scott is with us for the rest of his career. He gets Hibs and we get him.

truehibernian
26-12-2019, 08:24 PM
That looks like a kickback wish list :wink:

Not sure I get you Sammy - not one to read their forum :aok: I only concentrate on what players will improve our chances of top 4 and I'll leave Hearts to fight for the players (scraps) to stave off their relegation plight :wink::greengrin

lord bunberry
26-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Both assists were filthy.
During the replay for the first goal I had to cover my daughter’s eyes. It was indecent, when he won that tackle and set up the second I had to leave the room. That **** shouldn’t be allowed before the watershed.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Not sure I get you Sammy - not one to read their forum :aok: I only concentrate on what players will improve our chances of top 4 and I'll leave Hearts to fight for the players (scraps) to stave off their relegation plight :wink::greengrin

I just don't think we will be able to get that many players and certainly not that quality in a Jan window.

Robbo6-2
26-12-2019, 09:23 PM
I actually think he meant the corner attempt.

That would of been some goal

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Playing with his head up, he is the best ball passer in the SPL.

Keith_M
26-12-2019, 09:33 PM

I actually think the game against them was more down to not being allowed the freedom to play his usual game.

Onceinawhile
26-12-2019, 09:37 PM
I actually think he meant the corner attempt.

That would of been some goal

He definitely meant it.

*have

calumhibee1
26-12-2019, 09:59 PM
He definitely meant it.

*have

:agree:

It was definitely deliberate. Some effort.

wookie70
27-12-2019, 12:10 AM
Great ball into the mixer for the first after making a good block and good tackle for the second. We all know he can thread a needle but sometimes the simple things are just as effective and far less risky. He needs to work and close down like he did today more often. He could also look at the way Mallan played to see sometimes just slowing it down is best for the team. Allan has all the attributes needed but still lacks experience given how few first class games he has played and how often he is subbed. He looks like he has improved off the ball the season which is great. He just needs to keep that going and improve his decision making and he will take another step up

murray26
27-12-2019, 02:29 AM
I’ve no read this thread but was going to start one my thoughts are that he is the most exciting player we’ve had since Latapy .. we’re so lucky to have him and just one of those players that is worth paying money to see..