PDA

View Full Version : Uche Ikpeazu

Northernhibee
26-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Loves to wrestle with other players but constantly looks like Bambi on ice after a few too many sherries.

So, so telling that he’s Hearts best option and is one of the worst strikers I can remember seeing at this level.

Should have been booked for what is essentially diving and he looks at his least dangerous when you give him space to get a shot away. Given nothing by our back four.

Carheenlea
26-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Guy is absolutely garbage.

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Loves to wrestle with other players but constantly looks like Bambi on ice after a few too many sherries.

So, so telling that he’s Hearts best option and is one of the worst strikers I can remember seeing at this level.

Should have been booked for what is essentially diving and he looks at his least dangerous when you give him space to get a shot away. Given nothing by our back four.

It shows you how bad Hearts are that he was their best player. He's a battering ram that could and should be playing lower league football. Should have been booked today for diving.

Northernhibee
26-12-2019, 02:52 PM
It shows you how bad Hearts are that he was their best player. He's a battering ram that could and should be playing lower league football. Should have been booked today for diving.

I’ve never seen a striker so uncomfortable given a yard of space.

easty
26-12-2019, 02:53 PM
It’s like he’s just learned to walk, but no quite mastered it. When the big huddy isn’t falling over, he’s greetin his eyes out about something.

I’d be gutted if he was our striker.

BILLYHIBS
26-12-2019, 02:54 PM
5 goals in 33 appearances of which 2 versus us

Sums him up

PISH!

Just_Jimmy
Record was 1 in 3.5 games in league 2 of English football.

Pish.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
The fact we were given it ‘uche’ all game shows his pish he is, but I was dreading the fact he’d pop up with a goal. Today he was true to form though and absolute garbage

Seekyit
26-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Relies too much on his physical strength and always trying to buy fouls. He’s crap.

wookie70
26-12-2019, 02:57 PM
He has a pub named after him in his home town. Nip in for a wrestle and a pint down at the "Barn Door and Banjo"

emerald green
26-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Typical Hearts type of player. Just a big basher. Crap footballer.

Vault Boy
26-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Absolutely crying out for a strike partner.

He actually seems like a decent guy whenever I've seen him interviewed, however, absolutely hopeless at putting the ball away. Not much use in a striker who doesn't score.

We'd be hugely annoyed if he was our main man up top.

edinburghhibee
26-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Nice of him to gee up the hibs fans in the first half tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Where was his big celebration today? ****ing pudding.

Disco Dave
26-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Celtic are in for him are they no? 😂

Saint Hibee
26-12-2019, 03:03 PM
I like Uche, but I like the fact he doesn’t play for us even more.

Coco Bryce
26-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Leeds Rhino's will be in for him in the January window.

Gloucester Hibs
26-12-2019, 03:06 PM
He’d be ok as an option to have off the bench but he’s their numero uno striker 🤣🤣

neil7908
26-12-2019, 03:07 PM
He's not a footballer.

matty_f
26-12-2019, 03:15 PM
He's ****ing *****.

Jack Hackett
26-12-2019, 03:16 PM
To be absolutely fair, he's not actually as bad as Nade, who managed 10 goals in 93 appearances for hertz. Big Ouche has managed that total in only 49 appearances

eastmainsmsh
26-12-2019, 03:18 PM
we got the best striker from cambridge amadou konte and he was honking lol

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2019, 03:18 PM
To be absolutely fair, he's not actually as bad as Nade, who managed 10 goals in 93 appearances for hertz. Big Ouche has managed that total in only 49 appearances

Nade was much more effective at holding the ball up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Would be more effective if he stayed upright but given that he had no one to hold the ball up for, diving was his only option. Keechback says if he fell out of a boat, he wouldn't hit the water.

Baader
26-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Typical Hearts striker. Absolute rubbish.

Hibs4185
26-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Aguero is finished. I heard Man City are using their special relationship with the famous to line up big Uche.

Not claiming to be itk

Bishop Hibee
26-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Murder but one of their better players. Shows how bad they were. Is there a worse player than Mulraney in league?

Onion
26-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Guy is absolutely garbage.

Harsh. Thought he was their best player. Decent feet, gives his all and is a real handful which Daz dealt with well but Hanlon struggled. Sadly, the footballer has been coached out of him by Levein and Berra and replaced with the Yam mentality to cheat and dive at every opportunity ... and he’s towards the top of the yellow card league this season as well. Tough guy with legs made of chocolate.

jakedance
26-12-2019, 03:41 PM
He’s be miles better if his instinct was to stay on his feet rather than diving. He’s a cheat and too cowardly to try and do something positive.

Ich liebe Deek
26-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Anti-football personified.Will find his level next season

HendoDelivered
26-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Dreadful excuse of a “footballer”

EdinMike
26-12-2019, 03:58 PM
I assume the chants of “Uche” was from us for most of the game, I had to explain to a few American folk “it was a term of endearment of how horrendous he was” they found it confusing. I laughed...

greenpaper55
26-12-2019, 04:06 PM
He was a big star at Didcot town !

The Spaceman
26-12-2019, 04:07 PM
The Uche chants were hilarious.

Absolute carthorse.

HibbyAndy
26-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Utter garbage

And for the size of the man all he wants to do is throw himself to the ground

Cheating ****!!

hibee-boys
26-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Giving it the big man to the fans before and during the game. If i was a Hearts fan i'd wanting him to channel his energy into his own performance. Some of his attempts at goal were hilarious!

Bostonhibby
26-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Suffers from vertigo and compensates by getting horizontal as quickly as he can. Seems a decent guy but if he ain't getting penalties for falling over I can't see what he offers.

Hopefully stays where he is for years to come.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Crab apple
26-12-2019, 04:18 PM
A typical Potter signing. He’s left the yams in some state with that squad.

whiskyhibby
26-12-2019, 04:20 PM
He has a pub named after him in his home town. Nip in for a wrestle and a pint down at the "Barn Door and Banjo"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibeemikey21
26-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Suffers from vertigo and compensates by getting horizontal as quickly as he can. Seems a decent guy but if he ain't getting penalties for falling over I can't see what he offers.

Hopefully stays where he is for years to come.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, re him seeming a decent guy, one of the things i noticed was when he raised his foot near McGregor’s head (and gave away a foul) in the first half, he went straight over and said “sorry”. Think he needs to be nastier given his (limited) attributes. Far too nice.

If the shoe was on the other foot/in the other face, there’s no way McGregor would’ve been so apologetic, particularly in a derby

whiskyhibby
26-12-2019, 04:26 PM
I like Uche, but I like the fact he doesn’t play for us even more.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Unseen work
26-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Some of his shooting today was up there with the worst iv seen from a professional.

He clearly has attributes as he can hold it up due to his size and a not bad touch. If you’re that size why try con the ref with dives? Just stand your ground and throw your weight about no?

Bloody brilliant they have him and Maclean up top 😂

Billy Whizz
26-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Think Hearts extended his contract recently....

04Sauzee
26-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Think Hearts extended his contract recently....

Contracted until May 22

matty_f
26-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Some of his shooting today was up there with the worst iv seen from a professional.

He clearly has attributes as he can hold it up due to his size and a not bad touch. If you’re that size why try con the ref with dives? Just stand your ground and throw your weight about no?

Bloody brilliant they have him and Maclean up top 😂
Mind when they signed Maclean Levein said he liked that he couldn't run. Does anyone know if, when they signed Uche, Levein liked that he couldn't shoot?

The Modfather
26-12-2019, 10:44 PM
He must see McGregor in his nightmares

Wakeyhibee
26-12-2019, 11:46 PM
"My strength is my strength" was a quality quote from him :greengrin I hope he's on a long contract. His career of less than 1 in 4 goals per game at mainly league 1 & 2 level is pleasing.

Captain Trips
26-12-2019, 11:49 PM
"My strength is my strength" was a quality quote from him :greengrin I hope he's on a long contract. His career of less than 1 in 4 goals per game at mainly league 1 & 2 level is pleasing.

His record though of 3:1 corner flag hits is very impressive

Jones28
26-12-2019, 11:53 PM
Contracted until May 22

That’s fantastic

Lancs Harp
27-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Ive heard St Helens, Wigan and Wakefield have been watching hm.

hfc rd
27-12-2019, 01:18 AM
He’s ******g hopeless

CraigHibee
27-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Contracted until May 22

As they say on sickbag "pleasing" 🤣

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 05:39 AM
He must see McGregor in his nightmares

He must see goal netting in his nightmares, he doesn’t get near it.

Winston Ingram
27-12-2019, 06:20 AM

I’m sure that was league goals. Uche has 5 so they’re about the same

theonlywayisup
27-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Contracted until May 22

You're on the windup surely. No one is that daft.

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 06:42 AM
Caught this effort on Wikipedia earlier, well done to whoever managed it 😂

theonlywayisup
27-12-2019, 06:54 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Uche_Ikpeazu&oldid=932631046

Caught this effort on Wikipedia earlier, well done to whoever managed it 😂

This is an old revision of this page, as edited by TheHeartsAreGoingDown (talk | contribs) at 07:34, 27 December 2019. The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the current revision.

Funny!!

Northernhibee
27-12-2019, 07:00 AM
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by TheHeartsAreGoingDown (talk | contribs) at 07:34, 27 December 2019. The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the current revision.

Funny!!
Check his playing position...

Gloucester Hibs
27-12-2019, 07:17 AM
If you stand off him a bit so he actually has to do something that doesn’t involve all-american wrestling, he’s really not very good.

Peevemor
27-12-2019, 08:26 AM
People are saying that he seems like a nice guy, but for me he's simply a cheat who chucks himself all over the place and automatically claims something from the ref whenever he's involved in play in any way.

He deserved a booking for their penalty claim yesterday. Watch again - he wraps his arms around Hallberg (who's behind him) and then chucks himself to the ground pulling Melker with him.

Good guy my hoop!

whiskyhibby
27-12-2019, 08:41 AM
People are saying that he seems like a nice guy, but for me he's simply a cheat who chucks himself all over the place and automatically claims something from the ref whenever he's involved in play in any way.

He deserved a booking for their penalty claim yesterday. Watch again - he wraps his arms around Hallberg (who's behind him) and then chucks himself to the ground pulling Melker with him.

Good guy my hoop!

Couldn’t agree more, he should have had at least one booking for his pathetic attempts to win a penalty yesterday, it looks like something that refs have cottoned onto........

lucky
27-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Poor mans Doidge but without any goal threat. But as others have said he’s Potters type of player. But along with majority of their team he’s just not good enough

27-12-2019, 10:43 AM
He is absolutely HOOCHING! A big awkward character that uses his weight to cause problems but never a footballer in a million years. I’d want him nowhere near our team.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2019, 10:47 AM

Good guy my hoop!

:agree: he apparently “loves a physical battle” but I’ve only ever seen him love kicking others - someone that loves a physical battle enjoys giving and taking it.

As for that woeful attempt at claiming a penalty - he tried to judo throw Hallberg.

How the refs haven’t worked this guy out yet I’ll never know. - they’re normally quick to pin a player down as a diver or a dangerous tackler etc. He should be in the book (minimum) every time he plays.

Since452
27-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Actually felt embarrassed for him yesterday. Took a shot in the first half that must have cleared the stand

JeMeSouviens
27-12-2019, 10:50 AM
He's the same every time, starts a wrestling match and then throws himself to the ground so hard he leaves craters. :rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Should have been booked for his dive in the second
On the floor, shouting at the ref and hitting the ground.
Obvious dive and looking for an unfair advantage- cheat

But could have had a case for the one with McGregor in first - other end of the pitch and we’d have been screaming for it. Definitely seen them given

KingFranck
28-12-2019, 08:00 AM
I find Hearts fans hilarious they are going on and on about 2 penalties and how Uche should do a press conference and say he's sick of defenders wrestling him. He never gets a decision in his favour.

Let's rewind a few years shall we?
Rob Jones at corners v them
Both centre halfs grabbing him and no attempt to win the ball, how many penalties were awarded? Zero so it's swings and roundabouts my dear Jambo friends 😁

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Should have been booked for his dive in the second
On the floor, shouting at the ref and hitting the ground.
Obvious dive and looking for an unfair advantage- cheat

But could have had a case for the one with McGregor in first - other end of the pitch and we’d have been screaming for it. Definitely seen them given
Nah, both times he’s wrestling with the defender. Can’t have it both ways where he’s dishing it out but greets when he falls on his arse!

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Hopefully, his antics will mean that he gets real penalty shouts turned away.

brog
28-12-2019, 08:24 AM
How's Cole Stockton doing? 😊

AltheHibby
28-12-2019, 09:43 AM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186610-derby-ref/

Sorry if the link doesn't work.

In summary, the ref was rubbish in favour of Hibs. Swings and roundabouts.

Sudds_1
28-12-2019, 09:45 AM

Is that the obe next to the coos erkie? Think he missed that as well....😄

Weegreenman
28-12-2019, 10:37 AM
I would not be happy if we signed someone like him, just an awful footballer and typical of the way they like to play. Dug*****.

EdinMike
28-12-2019, 10:54 AM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186610-derby-ref/

Sorry if the link doesn't work.

In summary, the ref was rubbish in favour of Hibs. Swings and roundabouts.

I do love a peak over there, “Realistic January Signings” - Shankland. I had to close it before my sides split.

matty_f
28-12-2019, 11:10 AM
:agree: he apparently “loves a physical battle” but I’ve only ever seen him love kicking others - someone that loves a physical battle enjoys giving and taking it.

As for that woeful attempt at claiming a penalty - he tried to judo throw Hallberg.

How the refs haven’t worked this guy out yet I’ll never know. - they’re normally quick to pin a player down as a diver or a dangerous tackler etc. He should be in the book (minimum) every time he plays.

Think the ref did work him out, which is why no penalties were given.

The pundits could do a bit closer analysis on him though, as none of them picked up on his blatant shirt pulling/wrestling in the game.

Jack Hackett
28-12-2019, 11:45 AM

The pundits could do a bit closer analysis on him though, as none of them picked up on his blatant shirt pulling/wrestling in the game.

:agree:

Back into defender... reach around behind and grab defender... throw yourself backwards taking defender down with you... claim penalty

calumhibee1
28-12-2019, 11:46 AM
:agree:

Back into defender... reach around behind and grab defender... throw yourself backwards taking defender down with you... claim penalty

I’m surprised with our refs that it doesn’t work to be honest.

Jack Hackett
28-12-2019, 11:51 AM

... and yet, he keeps doing it. Not the brightest, I fear.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Yup where are the pundits that were all over Doige during his barren spell - different rules apply obv...

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Harsh. Thought he was their best player. Decent feet, gives his all and is a real handful which Daz dealt with well but Hanlon struggled. Sadly, the footballer has been coached out of him by Levein and Berra and replaced with the Yam mentality to cheat and dive at every opportunity ... and he’s towards the top of the yellow card league this season as well. Tough guy with legs made of chocolate.

Hanlon didn’t struggle against him at all. One mistake when trying to shield the ball out of play in the first half aside, both centre half’s dealt with him perfectly

brog
28-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Michael Stewart thought it was a stick on penalty. He obviously didn't look at it properly.

eastmainsmsh
28-12-2019, 12:29 PM
a big huddie 😂

28-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Michael Stewart thought it was a stick on penalty. He obviously didn't look at it properly.

I normally agree with MS but don't on this occasion. Jack Hackett summed up above exactly what happened. You can clearly see it was initiated by Ikpeazu when he wraps his arms around Hallberg.

Weegreenman
28-12-2019, 12:32 PM

Saw that, no way was it a stick on. Looked like it was a wrestling match 50/50 and correct me if I’m wrong, this sport we’re playing is football ffs!

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2019, 12:34 PM

The refs sussed him long ago to the extent that on the odd occassion he's due the decision they just ignore it.

Stokesy's on fire
28-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Guy is really poor but is probably as good as they can do. Club and player are a good match

USAHibby
28-12-2019, 07:29 PM
:agree: Back into defender... reach around behind and grab defender... throw yourself backwards taking defender down with you... claim penalty :agree: https://i.ibb.co/gt451f1/rofl.png They're actually whinging about this over on 13pointsback. Pathetic bunch of losers.

Kojock
28-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Change the shorts for a nappy and you would think he was a Sumo Wrestler.

PH91
28-12-2019, 07:38 PM
I must be one of the only ones who agrees with MS. If you wrap your arm over the shoulder you run the risk of giving away a penalty these days.

Naive from Hallberg and he was lucky to get away with it.

Heisenberg
28-12-2019, 07:48 PM
I must be one of the only ones who agrees with MS. If you wrap your arm over the shoulder you run the risk of giving away a penalty these days.

Ikpeazu grabs round and gets the back of Hallbergs shirt before throwing himself on top of him. It’s never a pen for me.

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2019, 07:52 PM

He wasn’t lucky at all, the ref saw exactly what happened and was correct.

greenlex
28-12-2019, 07:52 PM

At the time I thought it was a pen. I didn’t see the arm around Hallberg pulling his shirt.
Having said that I assume the ref got help in his ear as he wouldn’t have seen it from his view. Could quite easily have been given.

Cabbie1875
28-12-2019, 07:54 PM
No atal a talented player, a big fud, and a ****, sorry mate nowt going fur ye

PH91
28-12-2019, 08:31 PM
At the time I thought it was a pen. I didn’t see the arm around Hallberg pulling his shirt.
Having said that I assume the ref got help in his ear as he wouldn’t have seen it from his view. Could quite easily have been given.

I worded my original post wrongly, i dont agree with MS that it was definitely a pen but i can see why it could be given.

A defender should never have his arm wrapped over the attacker, it runs the risk of giving away a pen (both myself and others thought it was on first look).

Luckily this time the ref spotted what uche was doing, next time we might not be so lucky.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2019, 10:10 PM

In an instant no way did he get the nod from the 4th official it was his decision.

1van Sprou7e
28-12-2019, 10:26 PM

On one hand I agree he was lucky for the reason you mentioned, there are certain precedents in football which really contradict the rules and how the game should be played

However, it wasn't a penalty and lucky the ref didn't fall for it

greenlex
28-12-2019, 10:29 PM
In an instant no way did he get the nod from the 4th official no one if was his decision.

Assistant would have a great view.

EI255
29-12-2019, 01:00 PM
It’s like he’s just learned to walk, but no quite mastered it. When the big huddy isn’t falling over, he’s greetin his eyes out about something.

I’d be gutted if he was our striker.Noticed that too. He seems to struggle to walk like a human. Weird!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
29-12-2019, 01:04 PM
A typical Potter signing. He’s left the yams in some state with that squad.He'll be supping up a lot of their direct debit payments too. Nice [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk