View Full Version : Uche Ikpeazu

26-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Loves to wrestle with other players but constantly looks like Bambi on ice after a few too many sherries.

So, so telling that he’s Hearts best option and is one of the worst strikers I can remember seeing at this level.

Should have been booked for what is essentially diving and he looks at his least dangerous when you give him space to get a shot away. Given nothing by our back four.

26-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Guy is absolutely garbage.

26-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Loves to wrestle with other players but constantly looks like Bambi on ice after a few too many sherries.

So, so telling that he’s Hearts best option and is one of the worst strikers I can remember seeing at this level.

Should have been booked for what is essentially diving and he looks at his least dangerous when you give him space to get a shot away. Given nothing by our back four.

It shows you how bad Hearts are that he was their best player. He's a battering ram that could and should be playing lower league football. Should have been booked today for diving.

26-12-2019, 02:52 PM
It shows you how bad Hearts are that he was their best player. He's a battering ram that could and should be playing lower league football. Should have been booked today for diving.

I’ve never seen a striker so uncomfortable given a yard of space.

26-12-2019, 02:53 PM
It’s like he’s just learned to walk, but no quite mastered it. When the big huddy isn’t falling over, he’s greetin his eyes out about something.

I’d be gutted if he was our striker.

26-12-2019, 02:54 PM
5 goals in 33 appearances of which 2 versus us

Sums him up

PISH!

Just_Jimmy
Record was 1 in 3.5 games in league 2 of English football.

Pish.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
The fact we were given it ‘uche’ all game shows his pish he is, but I was dreading the fact he’d pop up with a goal. Today he was true to form though and absolute garbage

Seekyit
26-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Relies too much on his physical strength and always trying to buy fouls. He’s crap.

26-12-2019, 02:57 PM
He has a pub named after him in his home town. Nip in for a wrestle and a pint down at the "Barn Door and Banjo"

26-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Typical Hearts type of player. Just a big basher. Crap footballer.

26-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Absolutely crying out for a strike partner.

He actually seems like a decent guy whenever I've seen him interviewed, however, absolutely hopeless at putting the ball away. Not much use in a striker who doesn't score.

We'd be hugely annoyed if he was our main man up top.

26-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Nice of him to gee up the hibs fans in the first half tho!

26-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Where was his big celebration today? ****ing pudding.

Disco Dave
26-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Celtic are in for him are they no? 😂

Saint Hibee
26-12-2019, 03:03 PM
I like Uche, but I like the fact he doesn’t play for us even more.

26-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Leeds Rhino's will be in for him in the January window.

Gloucester Hibs
26-12-2019, 03:06 PM
He’d be ok as an option to have off the bench but he’s their numero uno striker 🤣🤣

26-12-2019, 03:07 PM
He's not a footballer.

26-12-2019, 03:15 PM
He's ****ing *****.

26-12-2019, 03:16 PM
To be absolutely fair, he's not actually as bad as Nade, who managed 10 goals in 93 appearances for hertz. Big Ouche has managed that total in only 49 appearances

26-12-2019, 03:18 PM
we got the best striker from cambridge amadou konte and he was honking lol

26-12-2019, 03:18 PM
To be absolutely fair, he's not actually as bad as Nade, who managed 10 goals in 93 appearances for hertz. Big Ouche has managed that total in only 49 appearances

Nade was much more effective at holding the ball up.

26-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Would be more effective if he stayed upright but given that he had no one to hold the ball up for, diving was his only option. Keechback says if he fell out of a boat, he wouldn't hit the water.

26-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Typical Hearts striker. Absolute rubbish.

Hibs4185
26-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Aguero is finished. I heard Man City are using their special relationship with the famous to line up big Uche.

Not claiming to be itk

26-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Murder but one of their better players. Shows how bad they were. Is there a worse player than Mulraney in league?

26-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Guy is absolutely garbage.

Harsh. Thought he was their best player. Decent feet, gives his all and is a real handful which Daz dealt with well but Hanlon struggled. Sadly, the footballer has been coached out of him by Levein and Berra and replaced with the Yam mentality to cheat and dive at every opportunity ... and he’s towards the top of the yellow card league this season as well. Tough guy with legs made of chocolate.

jakedance
26-12-2019, 03:41 PM
He’s be miles better if his instinct was to stay on his feet rather than diving. He’s a cheat and too cowardly to try and do something positive.

Ich liebe Deek
26-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Anti-football personified.Will find his level next season

HendoDelivered
26-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Dreadful excuse of a “footballer”

26-12-2019, 03:58 PM
I assume the chants of “Uche” was from us for most of the game, I had to explain to a few American folk “it was a term of endearment of how horrendous he was” they found it confusing. I laughed...

26-12-2019, 04:06 PM
He was a big star at Didcot town !

26-12-2019, 04:07 PM
The Uche chants were hilarious.

Absolute carthorse.

26-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Utter garbage

And for the size of the man all he wants to do is throw himself to the ground

Cheating ****!!

hibee-boys
26-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Giving it the big man to the fans before and during the game. If i was a Hearts fan i'd wanting him to channel his energy into his own performance. Some of his attempts at goal were hilarious!

26-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Suffers from vertigo and compensates by getting horizontal as quickly as he can. Seems a decent guy but if he ain't getting penalties for falling over I can't see what he offers.

Hopefully stays where he is for years to come.

26-12-2019, 04:18 PM
A typical Potter signing. He’s left the yams in some state with that squad.

26-12-2019, 04:20 PM
He has a pub named after him in his home town. Nip in for a wrestle and a pint down at the "Barn Door and Banjo"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

hibeemikey21
26-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Suffers from vertigo and compensates by getting horizontal as quickly as he can. Seems a decent guy but if he ain't getting penalties for falling over I can't see what he offers.

Hopefully stays where he is for years to come.

Funnily enough, re him seeming a decent guy, one of the things i noticed was when he raised his foot near McGregor’s head (and gave away a foul) in the first half, he went straight over and said “sorry”. Think he needs to be nastier given his (limited) attributes. Far too nice.

If the shoe was on the other foot/in the other face, there’s no way McGregor would’ve been so apologetic, particularly in a derby

26-12-2019, 04:26 PM
I like Uche, but I like the fact he doesn’t play for us even more.

[emoji23][emoji23]

26-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Some of his shooting today was up there with the worst iv seen from a professional.

He clearly has attributes as he can hold it up due to his size and a not bad touch. If you’re that size why try con the ref with dives? Just stand your ground and throw your weight about no?

Bloody brilliant they have him and Maclean up top 😂

26-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Think Hearts extended his contract recently....

04Sauzee
26-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Think Hearts extended his contract recently....

Contracted until May 22

26-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Some of his shooting today was up there with the worst iv seen from a professional.

He clearly has attributes as he can hold it up due to his size and a not bad touch. If you’re that size why try con the ref with dives? Just stand your ground and throw your weight about no?

Bloody brilliant they have him and Maclean up top 😂
Mind when they signed Maclean Levein said he liked that he couldn't run. Does anyone know if, when they signed Uche, Levein liked that he couldn't shoot?

26-12-2019, 10:44 PM
He must see McGregor in his nightmares

Wakeyhibee
26-12-2019, 11:46 PM
"My strength is my strength" was a quality quote from him :greengrin I hope he's on a long contract. His career of less than 1 in 4 goals per game at mainly league 1 & 2 level is pleasing.

26-12-2019, 11:49 PM
"My strength is my strength" was a quality quote from him :greengrin I hope he's on a long contract. His career of less than 1 in 4 goals per game at mainly league 1 & 2 level is pleasing.

His record though of 3:1 corner flag hits is very impressive

26-12-2019, 11:53 PM
Contracted until May 22

That’s fantastic

27-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Ive heard St Helens, Wigan and Wakefield have been watching hm.

27-12-2019, 01:18 AM
He’s ******g hopeless

27-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Contracted until May 22

As they say on sickbag "pleasing" 🤣

27-12-2019, 05:39 AM
He must see McGregor in his nightmares

He must see goal netting in his nightmares, he doesn’t get near it.

27-12-2019, 06:20 AM

I’m sure that was league goals. Uche has 5 so they’re about the same

27-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Contracted until May 22

You're on the windup surely. No one is that daft.

27-12-2019, 06:42 AM
Caught this effort on Wikipedia earlier, well done to whoever managed it 😂

27-12-2019, 06:54 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Uche_Ikpeazu&oldid=932631046

Caught this effort on Wikipedia earlier, well done to whoever managed it 😂

This is an old revision of this page, as edited by TheHeartsAreGoingDown (talk | contribs) at 07:34, 27 December 2019. The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the current revision.

Funny!!

27-12-2019, 07:00 AM
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by TheHeartsAreGoingDown (talk | contribs) at 07:34, 27 December 2019. The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the current revision.

Funny!!
Check his playing position...

Gloucester Hibs
27-12-2019, 07:17 AM
If you stand off him a bit so he actually has to do something that doesn’t involve all-american wrestling, he’s really not very good.

27-12-2019, 08:26 AM
People are saying that he seems like a nice guy, but for me he's simply a cheat who chucks himself all over the place and automatically claims something from the ref whenever he's involved in play in any way.

He deserved a booking for their penalty claim yesterday. Watch again - he wraps his arms around Hallberg (who's behind him) and then chucks himself to the ground pulling Melker with him.

Good guy my hoop!

27-12-2019, 08:41 AM
People are saying that he seems like a nice guy, but for me he's simply a cheat who chucks himself all over the place and automatically claims something from the ref whenever he's involved in play in any way.

He deserved a booking for their penalty claim yesterday. Watch again - he wraps his arms around Hallberg (who's behind him) and then chucks himself to the ground pulling Melker with him.

Good guy my hoop!

Couldn’t agree more, he should have had at least one booking for his pathetic attempts to win a penalty yesterday, it looks like something that refs have cottoned onto........

27-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Poor mans Doidge but without any goal threat. But as others have said he’s Potters type of player. But along with majority of their team he’s just not good enough

27-12-2019, 10:43 AM
He is absolutely HOOCHING! A big awkward character that uses his weight to cause problems but never a footballer in a million years. I’d want him nowhere near our team.

27-12-2019, 10:47 AM

Good guy my hoop!

:agree: he apparently “loves a physical battle” but I’ve only ever seen him love kicking others - someone that loves a physical battle enjoys giving and taking it.

As for that woeful attempt at claiming a penalty - he tried to judo throw Hallberg.

How the refs haven’t worked this guy out yet I’ll never know. - they’re normally quick to pin a player down as a diver or a dangerous tackler etc. He should be in the book (minimum) every time he plays.

27-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Actually felt embarrassed for him yesterday. Took a shot in the first half that must have cleared the stand

27-12-2019, 10:50 AM
He's the same every time, starts a wrestling match and then throws himself to the ground so hard he leaves craters. :rolleyes:

27-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Should have been booked for his dive in the second
On the floor, shouting at the ref and hitting the ground.
Obvious dive and looking for an unfair advantage- cheat

But could have had a case for the one with McGregor in first - other end of the pitch and we’d have been screaming for it. Definitely seen them given

KingFranck
28-12-2019, 08:00 AM
I find Hearts fans hilarious they are going on and on about 2 penalties and how Uche should do a press conference and say he's sick of defenders wrestling him. He never gets a decision in his favour.

Let's rewind a few years shall we?
Rob Jones at corners v them
Both centre halfs grabbing him and no attempt to win the ball, how many penalties were awarded? Zero so it's swings and roundabouts my dear Jambo friends 😁

28-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Should have been booked for his dive in the second
On the floor, shouting at the ref and hitting the ground.
Obvious dive and looking for an unfair advantage- cheat

But could have had a case for the one with McGregor in first - other end of the pitch and we’d have been screaming for it. Definitely seen them given
Nah, both times he’s wrestling with the defender. Can’t have it both ways where he’s dishing it out but greets when he falls on his arse!

28-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Hopefully, his antics will mean that he gets real penalty shouts turned away.

28-12-2019, 08:24 AM
How's Cole Stockton doing? 😊

AltheHibby
28-12-2019, 09:43 AM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186610-derby-ref/

Sorry if the link doesn't work.

In summary, the ref was rubbish in favour of Hibs. Swings and roundabouts.

28-12-2019, 09:45 AM

Is that the obe next to the coos erkie? Think he missed that as well....😄

Weegreenman
28-12-2019, 10:37 AM
I would not be happy if we signed someone like him, just an awful footballer and typical of the way they like to play. Dug*****.

28-12-2019, 10:54 AM
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/186610-derby-ref/

Sorry if the link doesn't work.

In summary, the ref was rubbish in favour of Hibs. Swings and roundabouts.

I do love a peak over there, “Realistic January Signings” - Shankland. I had to close it before my sides split.

28-12-2019, 11:10 AM
:agree: he apparently “loves a physical battle” but I’ve only ever seen him love kicking others - someone that loves a physical battle enjoys giving and taking it.

As for that woeful attempt at claiming a penalty - he tried to judo throw Hallberg.

How the refs haven’t worked this guy out yet I’ll never know. - they’re normally quick to pin a player down as a diver or a dangerous tackler etc. He should be in the book (minimum) every time he plays.

Think the ref did work him out, which is why no penalties were given.

The pundits could do a bit closer analysis on him though, as none of them picked up on his blatant shirt pulling/wrestling in the game.

28-12-2019, 11:45 AM

The pundits could do a bit closer analysis on him though, as none of them picked up on his blatant shirt pulling/wrestling in the game.

Back into defender... reach around behind and grab defender... throw yourself backwards taking defender down with you... claim penalty

28-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Back into defender... reach around behind and grab defender... throw yourself backwards taking defender down with you... claim penalty

I’m surprised with our refs that it doesn’t work to be honest.

28-12-2019, 11:51 AM

... and yet, he keeps doing it. Not the brightest, I fear.

28-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Yup where are the pundits that were all over Doige during his barren spell - different rules apply obv...

28-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Harsh. Thought he was their best player. Decent feet, gives his all and is a real handful which Daz dealt with well but Hanlon struggled. Sadly, the footballer has been coached out of him by Levein and Berra and replaced with the Yam mentality to cheat and dive at every opportunity ... and he’s towards the top of the yellow card league this season as well. Tough guy with legs made of chocolate.

Hanlon didn’t struggle against him at all. One mistake when trying to shield the ball out of play in the first half aside, both centre half’s dealt with him perfectly

28-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Michael Stewart thought it was a stick on penalty. He obviously didn't look at it properly.

28-12-2019, 12:29 PM
a big huddie 😂

28-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Michael Stewart thought it was a stick on penalty. He obviously didn't look at it properly.

I normally agree with MS but don't on this occasion. Jack Hackett summed up above exactly what happened. You can clearly see it was initiated by Ikpeazu when he wraps his arms around Hallberg.

Weegreenman
28-12-2019, 12:32 PM

Saw that, no way was it a stick on. Looked like it was a wrestling match 50/50 and correct me if I’m wrong, this sport we’re playing is football ffs!

28-12-2019, 12:34 PM

The refs sussed him long ago to the extent that on the odd occassion he's due the decision they just ignore it.

28-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Guy is really poor but is probably as good as they can do. Club and player are a good match

USAHibby
28-12-2019, 07:29 PM
:agree: Back into defender... reach around behind and grab defender... throw yourself backwards taking defender down with you... claim penalty :agree: https://i.ibb.co/gt451f1/rofl.png They're actually whinging about this over on 13pointsback. Pathetic bunch of losers.

28-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Change the shorts for a nappy and you would think he was a Sumo Wrestler.

PH91
28-12-2019, 07:38 PM
I must be one of the only ones who agrees with MS. If you wrap your arm over the shoulder you run the risk of giving away a penalty these days.

Naive from Hallberg and he was lucky to get away with it.

28-12-2019, 07:48 PM
I must be one of the only ones who agrees with MS. If you wrap your arm over the shoulder you run the risk of giving away a penalty these days.

Ikpeazu grabs round and gets the back of Hallbergs shirt before throwing himself on top of him. It’s never a pen for me.

28-12-2019, 07:52 PM

He wasn’t lucky at all, the ref saw exactly what happened and was correct.

28-12-2019, 07:52 PM

At the time I thought it was a pen. I didn’t see the arm around Hallberg pulling his shirt.
Having said that I assume the ref got help in his ear as he wouldn’t have seen it from his view. Could quite easily have been given.

Cabbie1875
28-12-2019, 07:54 PM
No atal a talented player, a big fud, and a ****, sorry mate nowt going fur ye

PH91
28-12-2019, 08:31 PM
At the time I thought it was a pen. I didn’t see the arm around Hallberg pulling his shirt.
Having said that I assume the ref got help in his ear as he wouldn’t have seen it from his view. Could quite easily have been given.

I worded my original post wrongly, i dont agree with MS that it was definitely a pen but i can see why it could be given.

A defender should never have his arm wrapped over the attacker, it runs the risk of giving away a pen (both myself and others thought it was on first look).

Luckily this time the ref spotted what uche was doing, next time we might not be so lucky.

28-12-2019, 10:10 PM

In an instant no way did he get the nod from the 4th official it was his decision.

28-12-2019, 10:26 PM

On one hand I agree he was lucky for the reason you mentioned, there are certain precedents in football which really contradict the rules and how the game should be played

However, it wasn't a penalty and lucky the ref didn't fall for it

28-12-2019, 10:29 PM
In an instant no way did he get the nod from the 4th official no one if was his decision.

Assistant would have a great view.

EI255
29-12-2019, 01:00 PM
It’s like he’s just learned to walk, but no quite mastered it. When the big huddy isn’t falling over, he’s greetin his eyes out about something.

I’d be gutted if he was our striker.Noticed that too. He seems to struggle to walk like a human. Weird!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
29-12-2019, 01:04 PM
A typical Potter signing. He’s left the yams in some state with that squad.He'll be supping up a lot of their direct debit payments too. Nice [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk