PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2019, 02:38 PM
For those that don't understand the game sufficiently, and the haters, the wee felly has been an integral part of turning the fortunes of Hibernian FC around.

Was out in the right back position closing down at the final whistle. Another quality performance. The only Hibernian to have won a League and SC double. We are lucky to have him.

Love you wee man.

wookie70
26-12-2019, 02:40 PM
For those that don't understand the game sufficiently, and the haters, the wee felly has been an integral part of turning the fortunes of Hibernian FC around.

Was out in the right back position closing down at the final whistle. Another quality performance. The only Hibernian to have won a League and SC double. We are lucky to have him.

Love you wee man.
I think you are being harsh it was the right midfielders position. He was outstanding in the second half today.

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Yup, solid and stood up to the hammer throwers. As did McGregor and Hanlon. These 3 bleed green and they'd run through a brick wall for Hibs:not worth

Naismith was also solid by the way.

wallpaperman
26-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Lewis was fantastic today. He hasn’t always been recently, anyone can see that, but today he was immense.

Northernhibee
26-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Sean Clare’s afternoon:

Get ball.
Run down the wing.
Attempt cross.
Have cross blocked by Lewis.
Run back.
Repeat.

Hibbyradge
26-12-2019, 02:44 PM
You're right.

Lewis doesn't get the credit he deserves, but his value to the team is huge.

He doesn't get a lot of assists, but he's always available as an out ball to the midfield.

A fine servant with 470 games under his belt, and 2 winners medals, he's a club legend.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2019, 02:44 PM
The talk of folk hating and not understanding the game is nonsense.

He’s not been good this season. We haven’t been good defensively.

Today, he was outstanding and should be rightly praised.

Gloucester Hibs
26-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Handled Clare very well today, think he’s one of their better players. One of their players (Mulraney?) did a nasty/sneaky one on him early doors but it was missed?

ano hibby
26-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Lewis played his 470th game for us today.
Looks a good chance he will be at least our 4th highest in history:

Gordon Smith 636
Arthur Duncan 626
Pat Stanton 617
Willie Ormand 506
Eddie Turnbull 487
Peter Kerr 483

Well done Lewis..some well deserved criticism of late, but excellent today.

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Handled Clare very well today, think he’s one of their better players. One of their players (Mulraney?) did a nasty/sneaky one on him early doors but it was missed?

Wasn't missed. The ref gave a free kick but it was a red for me.

weecounty hibby
He will go down in history as a Hibs legend. 470 appearances and still many more to come, League Cup winner, Scottish cup winner. All round good guy and works his arse off for Hibernian. Well played today Lewis

EdinMike
I want him to hit 500 at least, deserves it. Long live Lewey!

berwickhibee

Totally agree bud.

Like any player, when good you will get praise when poor you will get poor feedback.

Lewis falls into both categories this season.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2019, 02:48 PM
I think you are being harsh it was the right midfielders position. He was outstanding in the second half today.

Soz, didn't explain that. Bit pished and a bit incoherent. Meant that he made the effort to get out and close down after 90 mins and trying to empathise his effort to the cause.

Really hope he gets a position at Hibs in the coaching team / young players.

easty
26-12-2019, 02:50 PM

There’s prob hearts fans who think Clare was good today. He did nothing.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Ah! see what you're saying! Indeed, wis right mid. Love the wee felly.

hibee_girl
26-12-2019, 02:52 PM
He was brilliant today, he never lets us down in a derby (or anything else for that matter)

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2019, 02:54 PM

There has been plenty of hating on lewy for a few years, He has been outstanding for many more games than he has been given credit for. That is due to a lack of understanding.

wookie70
26-12-2019, 02:54 PM
Soz, didn't explain that. Bit pished and a bit incoherent. Meant that he made the effort to get out and close down after 90 mins and trying to empathise his effort to the cause.

Really hope he gets a position at Hibs in the coaching team / young players.

I was agreeing with you but saying that the effort he put in to close their left back down after a set piece was even better. He ran half the length of the pitch into a right midfielder position. Outstanding in the second half and hardly allowed a cross in.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2019, 02:58 PM
I was agreeing with you but saying that the effort he put in to close their left back down after a set piece was even better. He ran half the length of the pitch into a right midfielder position. Outstanding in the second half and hardly allowed a cross in.

I got there in the end! :agree::greengrin

Vault Boy
26-12-2019, 03:00 PM
A decisive reinstatement of Lewis' importance to this team. Absolutely always turns up to these games and his attitude really shines through. A legend in every sense.

Baldy Foghorn
26-12-2019, 03:05 PM
You're right.

Lewis doesn't get the credit he deserves, but his value to the team is huge.

He doesn't get a lot of assists, but he's always available as an out ball to the midfield.

A fine servant with 470 games under his belt, and 2 winners medals, he's a club legend.

Correct:top marks

whiskyhibby
26-12-2019, 03:18 PM
He will go down in history as a Hibs legend. 470 appearances and still many more to come, League Cup winner, Scottish cup winner. All round good guy and works his arse off for Hibernian. Well played today Lewis

And also Scottish Championship winner[emoji4]

stoneyburn hibs
26-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Lewis is also a master at stealing yards at throw ins.

jacomo
26-12-2019, 03:29 PM

No it’s not nonsense.

Lewis was part of Scotland’s meanest defence in 2018 but we were leaking goals earlier this season. What changed? Was it Lewis? Nope. The guy is Mr Consistency - his form varies but not by a great deal.

Clearly other factors were at play.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2019, 03:34 PM
No it’s not nonsense.

Lewis was part of Scotland’s meanest defence in 2018 but we were leaking goals earlier this season. What changed? Was it Lewis? Nope. The guy is Mr Consistency - his form varies but not by a great deal.

Clearly other factors were at play.

His form has dropped massively this year. Talk of hating him is nonsense. I don’t think he’s great but have huge respect for him.

Thing with our team is that it’s always someone else’s fault.

Today he was exceptional. A lot of the time he’s been far from. I hope to see more of what I saw today from him.

Franck Stanton
26-12-2019, 03:34 PM
Lewis is also a master at stealing yards at throw ins.

Yards ? There was one occasion in first half he stole so many yards I thought he was on a sponsored walk.

el hibs
26-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Love Lewis... And his league Cup win, and Scottish Cup win. He plays for hibs like any fan would with 100% effort.

jacomo
26-12-2019, 03:36 PM
His form has dropped massively this year. Talk of hating him is nonsense. I don’t think he’s great but have huge respect for him.

Thing with our team is that it’s always someone else’s fault.

Today he was exceptional. A lot of the time he’s been far from. I hope to see more of what I saw today from him.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. It’s not true.

The main problem with our defence this season has been a lack of protection from midfield, as well as injuries.

matty_f
26-12-2019, 03:39 PM
Lewis is a legend. Played very well today and helped set the tone for a great win.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2019, 03:46 PM

The main problem with our defence this season has been a lack of protection from midfield, as well as injuries.

What you have just said is exactly what I mean. You can’t lose the number of goals we have and it not be anything to do with the defence.

Fergos
26-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Was going tonto at the final whistle, one of the first bouncing up to the supporters to celebrate at FT.

Agree that he hasn’t been great this season, but was excellent today.

Long live the Lewis!

GGTTH

USAHibby
26-12-2019, 03:57 PM
He's a legend both on and off the pitch. He's not a stand out by any means. But his professionalism and dedication to the club has carried him throughout his career. Through the good managers and teams to the bad, he has always kept his position. That doesn't happen by accident.

hibee-boys
26-12-2019, 04:11 PM
First to admit that i'm not his biggest fan but, like his defensive colleagues, put in a fantastic shift.

hibee_girl
26-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Was going tonto at the final whistle, one of the first bouncing up to the supporters to celebrate at FT.

Agree that he hasn’t been great this season, but was excellent today.

Long live the Lewis!

GGTTH

There’s some great photos of him and McGregor celebrating at full time

Weegreenman
26-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Well done Lewis 👏👏👏💚

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2019, 09:36 PM

Bang on!

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2019, 10:14 PM
When i eventually get home tonight, i will lick and kiss my cup final picture i have on the wall of him.

I might have to raise the picture a bit higher if he keeps this form up. :wink:

GaryOsCheerios
26-12-2019, 10:30 PM
I think Lewis is an asset to our club. He shows how far a great attitude and a willingness to work hard can go with a bit of talent.

Modern day Hibs legend. Will be a sad day when he is no longer at the club.

NAE NOOKIE
26-12-2019, 10:51 PM
There's a load of nonsense spoken about 'Lewis haters' ..... Nobody hates Lewis Stevenson, in fact it's certain there isn't a more respected player at the club. But he has his shortcomings and its not unfair to point them out, the two main and consistent ones being that he will invariably turn the ball back or sideways when he gets it in his own half and that he cannot take on a man or make an overlapping run in the style of a modern wingback.

But what overcomes these shortcomings as a player are the following:

He rarely if ever gives the ball away in a dangerous position.

He rarely if ever has a streak of bad games.

He is never out injured.

He has never, ever, ever pulled out of a 40/60 challenge, never mind a 50/50 one.

He gives 100% all the time every time.

Give us 11 players with his talent and we would be lucky to escape relegation. Give us 11 players with his guts and determination and we could win the league.

Allant1981
27-12-2019, 09:12 AM
There's a load of nonsense spoken about 'Lewis haters' ..... Nobody hates Lewis Stevenson, in fact it's certain there isn't a more respected player at the club. But he has his shortcomings and its not unfair to point them out, the two main and consistent ones being that he will invariably turn the ball back or sideways when he gets it in his own half and that he cannot take on a man or make an overlapping run in the style of a modern wingback.

But what overcomes these shortcomings as a player are the following:

He rarely if ever gives the ball away in a dangerous position.

He rarely if ever has a streak of bad games.

He is never out injured.

He has never, ever, ever pulled out of a 40/60 challenge, never mind a 50/50 one.

He gives 100% all the time every time.

Give us 11 players with his talent and we would be lucky to escape relegation. Give us 11 players with his guts and determination and we could win the league.

Sorry but the last part of your post is nonsense, he is a very good defender, there is a reason that teams end up having to switch over to the other side of the park to get any joy, it's because the winger is getting no joy from stevenson, that doesnt happen because he has guts and determination

Is It On....
27-12-2019, 09:44 AM
There’s prob hearts fans who think Clare was good today. He did nothing.

According to Sickback, Clare was crying when he went left the pitch so I don't think he thought he had a good game 😂

H18 SFR
24-01-2020, 09:11 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHxCy1leeA&list=PL37FCD554D8161780&index=43

Really enjoyed watching this just now.

MagicSwirlingShip
24-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Love you wee man.

Second this. Paid up member of the Lewis Stevenson fan club. Mon the Lewis!

bigwheel
24-01-2020, 09:21 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHxCy1leeA&list=PL37FCD554D8161780&index=43

Really enjoyed watching this just now.

Magic...thanks for sharing...hadn’t seen it since his testimonial dinner.

Ps. One reflection on it is John Hughes speaking so highly...iirc he didn’t favour Lewis and played him less than any other of the many managers Lewis has worked with....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk