PDA

View Full Version : Mallan

we are hibs
26-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Played well when he came on. Considering i give him a bit stick quite a bit i think he deserves a mention. Played with his head up which is a thing i think he lacks usually. Keep it up and keep proving me wrong. Possibly a better player off the bench than starting?

MacGruber
26-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Played well when he came on. Considering i give him a bit stick quite a bit i think he deserves a mention. Played with his head up which is a thing i think he lacks usually. Keep it up and keep proving me wrong. Possibly a better player off the bench than starting?

I was worried when Mallan came on. Turned out he was one of if not our best player in that closing spell, showed composure when others were panicked

wallpaperman
26-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Did play quite well. Maybe strange saying this when we have achieved such a great result, but I thought Horgan was pretty awful today and Slivka not all that much better.

CMac1988
26-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Playing at the side of a diamond just isn't for him. Without trying to be too critical his a defensive game is also lacking which doesn't help other players more so Stevenson and again the formation plays a big part in that.. An extra couple of players to allow us to expand our formation somewhat will allow Mallan a bit more more freedom when he's playing and a little less responsibility in regards to tracking and defence. That said it's something he has to work on if he wants to start more often.

Played well when he came on today and is always capable of switching things up.

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Did play quite well. Maybe strange saying this when we have achieved such a great result, but I thought Horgan was pretty awful today and Slivka not all that much better.

Horgan was brutal mate today I was screaming at my TV so many times at him, lazy tracking back and gave ball away constantly

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Horgan was brutal mate today I was screaming at my TV so many times at him, lazy tracking back and gave ball away constantly

Ffs 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

BoomtownHibees
26-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Playing in his right position helped

Chuck Rhoades
26-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Doidge was screaming at him to get back. Happened 2-3 times at least. He’s not for me. Doesn’t offer much than a great strike which is also becoming rare. We need and have got better.

But, he done fine today bar the tracking / putting a shift in.

Just_Jimmy
26-12-2019, 02:08 PM
He's a solid sub for Allan. It should be either him or Scott playing and when Scott is fit there's no contest. He's fine as a sub or an option again other sides. I don't think he's a bad player at all, just that he's not Scott Allan.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
26-12-2019, 02:08 PM

He didn't play well, but no-one was "brutal". I really hate that term to describe a footballer.

makaveli1875
26-12-2019, 02:12 PM
A few nice bits of play from him when we were under pressure , really dont get all the stick he gets on here at all .

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Ffs 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Nobody is more delighted than me today mate but Horgan was awful. Done absolutely nothing of note and left us exposed defensively on far too many occasions

Since452
26-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Allan for Mallan. Sub that shows how strong we are

The Count
26-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I thought Horgan did well.All opinions though but we bloody won so who cares.

Shrekko
26-12-2019, 02:21 PM
For as long as I live I will never understand what Mallan has done to deserve the utterly ridiculous comments I read about him. He was good again today.

I do agree he needs to be used to his strengths but he has plenty and contrary to Hibs net myth it’s not just an ‘occasional screamer’.

Heisenberg
26-12-2019, 02:26 PM
He was good when he came on. Slowed it down when he got it and kept possession. He’s never a wide midfielder or deeper midfielder.

hibsbollah
26-12-2019, 02:27 PM
A good sub. Played well.

wookie70
26-12-2019, 02:46 PM
I'd have had him on after 50 mins. We started rushing everything and Allan lost the ball a few times when a simple ball was a better option. Mallan played well when he came on and must have loved getting a chance in his best position Newell did his bit too holding possession and closing down. Why anyone would be surprised that Mallan would play well in an advanced position is beyond me. He is a very good player in the opposing third.

Springbank
26-12-2019, 02:52 PM
He was smashing today when he came on. I like today's formation with allan/mallan doing 65/25 mins each

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Stevie did the same when he came on at Paisley and was a big factor in us securing the 3 points that day as well. Steadied the ship by holding onto the ball and making simple passes. Folk need to get off his back. Often played out of position and doesn't deserve the criticism he gets.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Mallon was excellent when he cane on, raised our energy levels in midfield
That’s his position though, much further forward than previous played

CMac1988
26-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Like many players in our squad he has a number of flaws in his game. His general defensive frailties are exposed more than often in this formation. But what he did do was take the ball under control and show a bit composure at a time when others were happy to lump the ball away and for that he deserves credit. Finding the right balance between a players' strengths and weaknesses coupled with the right formation is what it's all about.