PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats

Helensburghhibs
26-12-2019, 01:35 PM
What a win, on a side not though... People missing out on tickets and they have those masses of empty seats at the bottom corners is not on. If they want to play that game let's return the favour.

GreenCastle
26-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Yup - maybe Kieran knows how many tickets we give them and how many we receive for that dump ?

Rattler
26-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Not quite empty seats - just those that are unavailable for Hibees fans to buy due to the increased segregation between fans.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-12-2019, 06:39 PM
So are we to never get a full stand again?

tamig
26-12-2019, 06:45 PM
And the nutters at the bottom of their main stand and the Wheatfield continue to take their usual seats.

GreenCastle
26-12-2019, 06:51 PM
And the nutters at the bottom of their main stand and the Wheatfield continue to take their usual seats.

The Gorgie boys kids section was pretty hilarious lower Wheatfield - average age about 12.

we are hibs
26-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Meanwhile at easter road the bottom corner of the east is cut off for hibs fans and they get the whole stand. Really need sorted.

Helensburghhibs
26-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Not quite empty seats - just those that are unavailable for Hibees fans to buy due to the increased segregation between fans.

😜 Love a pedantic post..... The seats had no one sitting on them, therefore unoccupied, empty......

Helensburghhibs
26-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Yup - maybe Kieran knows how many tickets we give them and how many we receive for that dump ?

Yeah fair shout. It would definitely be interesting to see how many went on actual sale when you take away these areas plus the fact that the Complimentary tickets for staff etc are also in the away stand.

Carheenlea
26-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Posted on another thread that Hibs revealed that 2996 Hibs fans were in the Roseburn Stand.
Piss poor allocation to give us for a derby.

Chorley Hibee
26-12-2019, 09:04 PM

There were 2996 Hibs fans there today according to post on social media from Hibs.

Agree with what others have said previously: at Easter Road we should be taking seats from their allocation, and not from our own.

We're being short changed compared to what they are allocated at Easter Road.

BigKev
26-12-2019, 09:07 PM
We all know why the don’t sell tickets for there sections. Who cares.

Genuinely angry at some of the nonsense posted on here.

It’s almost like you want to give hertz more money.

Helensburghhibs
26-12-2019, 09:32 PM
We all know why the don’t sell tickets for there sections. Who cares.

Genuinely angry at some of the nonsense posted on here.

It’s almost like you want to give hertz more money.

Genuinely angry? I tell you what does make people genuinely angry is wanting to do to a match. Not being able to get a ticket then seeing unsold seats. Some people would rather go to the game than get caught up in the pathetic "won't give them the money" attitude

Kaff
26-12-2019, 09:58 PM
I think one reason that hasn't been publicised, but will have been reported by the police, was the bottle of Buckie that was thrown from the Wheatfield into our support at the cup game in Jan 18, luckily it broke on the decking that separates upper and lower areas.

Poster on here 'Sir David Gray' was close to it I think and commented at the time too. I've a feeling that had a lot to do with the subsequent closure but, as said above, the fair resolution would have been a closure of the Wheatfield section

Helensburghhibs
26-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Probably worth also pointing out that this setup isn't unique to Derby matches

Hermit Crab
26-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Thats about 600 seats we are not getting. We should be closing of both corners of the South to return the favour but no, Hibs will take the money and from them and close off the corner of the East to restrict our own...:rolleyes:

Frazerbob
26-12-2019, 10:45 PM
2996.....the number of tickets we received for that dump. Time to reduce their allocation.

Helensburghhibs
26-12-2019, 10:47 PM
The number of tickets we received for that dump. Time to reduce their allocation.

Yeah minus all the Complimentary tickets, not sure why they aren't in the main stand also?

Frazerbob
26-12-2019, 10:49 PM
Sorry, just noticed he other thread, feel free to merge admins.

Chorley Hibee
26-12-2019, 11:15 PM
Yeah minus all the Complimentary tickets, not sure why they aren't in the main stand also?

Don't get this either, surely our board members should be in the main stand, hospitality area etc?

1van Sprou7e
27-12-2019, 04:18 AM

Seems crazy that segregation is needed between fans who aren't even in the same stand

Unfortunately the bams in our support have not done us any favours

dp00
27-12-2019, 06:44 AM
Don't get this either, surely our board members should be in the main stand, hospitality area etc?

Why ? Maybe they enjoy sitting with fans ? Maybe it gives them an idea of how we are treated at away matched ? Maybe it gives them an idea of the mood of the support

I think it’s a good thing the board members are willing to sit in with the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
27-12-2019, 06:54 AM
Was LD doing the hibees bounce?

LD OUT if not

Carheenlea
27-12-2019, 07:08 AM
There was a video on twitter from Shelly Marciano and her son taken from main stand, so looks like players comps were not for Roseburn.
Leeann Dempster has opted to sit with fans at Tynecastle before, and yesterday was with board member Amanda Jones and Pat Stanton.

hibbymac
27-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Was LD doing the hibees bounce?

LD OUT if not

EDIT,,, Carheenlea just posted above before i posted the question :aok:

Sorry if posted elsewhere, ... why were Leeann Dempster and Pat Stanton sitting in the away end and not the directors box :confused:

Since90+2
27-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Get cutting their allocation pronto. We give them almost 4000 tickets for Easter Road and because they've got a ****ty wee ground they give us 2900?

As has been mentioned why should the corner of the East be closed off but not the south to keep the fans further apart?

Since90+2
27-12-2019, 07:34 AM
Seems crazy that segregation is needed between fans who aren't even in the same stand

Unfortunately the bams in our support have not done us any favours

Nothing to do with our support. They do the exact same for Rangers and Celtic.

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2019, 07:40 AM

I don't think there is actually a secure Directors Box area in that wonderful stand. I think you are more or less in among the home support and going by some of the twitter stuff I've seen from yesterday it's no surprise Leanne and Pat opted for a seat beside their own.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2019, 07:55 AM

Maybe they feel safer in amongst their own or perhaps they prefer the atmosphere and camaraderie?

tamig
27-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Get cutting their allocation pronto. We give them almost 4000 tickets for Easter Road and because they've got a ****ty wee ground they give us 2900?

As has been mentioned why should the corner of the East be closed off but not the south to keep the fans further apart?

That corner of the East has been a magnet for erses chucking stuff on the pitch has it not? Surely that’s reason enough to close it off.

Since90+2
27-12-2019, 08:12 AM
That corner of the East has been a magnet for erses chucking stuff on the pitch has it not? Surely that’s reason enough to close it off.

No. Last two things chucked from the east were from sections 43 and 44.

Can't ever remember something been thrown from that part of the ground.

Waxy
27-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Yes those seats should be taken off the capacity if they cant be used again.

tamig
27-12-2019, 08:21 AM
I’m sure there was a load of stuff got thrown on from there after they scored the third goal last week. In saying that I am in the FF so could be doing them an injustice. Certainly looked like it came from the far corner from what I saw though.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2019, 08:26 AM

Nut, just deal with anybody that chooses to do that type of thing.

They get the best part of a thousand more tickets for ER than we do at that dump. That shouldn’t happen when the stadiums are apparently of similar size.

we are hibs
27-12-2019, 08:31 AM

The two corners of their stands (wheatfield and main) are where their wee ********s sit and continually cause trouble. Thats the reason theyve shut the 2 end sections of the roseburn. Its got **** all to do with the behaviour of hibs fans at tynie.

Phil MaGlass
27-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Dont know why they dont make these corner areas family sections at all corners where segregation is, both in the Hibs and hertz end?

JimBHibees
27-12-2019, 08:46 AM
The two corners of their stands (wheatfield and main) are where their wee ********s sit and continually cause trouble. Thats the reason theyve shut the 2 end sections of the roseburn. Its got **** all to do with the behaviour of hibs fans at tynie.

Not really was at the game at Tynecastle when Flo got sent off and behaviour of Hbs fans in that corner was poor throwing coins/flares etc at similar numbskulls in Hearts support.

Pete
27-12-2019, 08:51 AM
So we need a block of seating left empty for segregation. Fair enough.

At Tynecastle, take it off the Hibs fans.

At ER, take it off the, erm, Hibs fans.

No. This needs sorted.

we are hibs
27-12-2019, 09:03 AM
Not really was at the game at Tynecastle when Flo got sent off and behaviour of Hbs fans in that corner was poor throwing coins/flares etc at similar numbskulls in Hearts support.

Thats not the reason why hibs/celtic/rangers have had their allocation cut. There is a common denominator and its hearts fans.

Bristolhibby
27-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Some sort of net between the stands?

Seen it loads on the continent.

Won’t instruct views of the pitch, but would stop large objects like bottles being launched.

J

Bristolhibby
27-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Dont know why they dont make these corner areas family sections at all corners where segregation is, both in the Hibs and hertz end?

Family areas?!? Serious?

J

Phil MaGlass
27-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Dont see why not happens in Holland

dp00
27-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Seen there are reports of Hibs fans throwing bottles into pitch again yesterday ... think before we start complaining about allocation ect we get our own house in order

G B Young
27-12-2019, 11:00 AM
It wasn't so much the seats in the Hibs end that were left unsold for security reasons (and if there's any truth in this latest bottle throwing allegation you can, sadly, see why this is necessary) but the number of empty seats in the Hearts stands. Rare to see them well short of capacity for a derby.

Johnny Clash
27-12-2019, 12:06 PM
I think the idea of netting sounds worth a try. After all, shutting off sections of seats does not deter cowardly bottle throwers as appears to be the case yesterday. We don’t know if the bottle was from Hibs end or aimed at Hibs end (like 2018 Buckfast bottle). Netting would deter the morons and help protect fans who just want to watch the game without risking a bottle smashing on their head!

HibbyAndy
27-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Massive gaps in the Hearts end 5 minutes into the game , Never seen it so sparse

maturehibby
27-12-2019, 03:15 PM
plus at least one lady in the hearts stand who was seen smiling when all around were glum and some young ones(they teach them early there were giving single fingers and vickies
when Boyle scored the first

maturehibby
27-12-2019, 03:19 PM
makes good money for us 1000 times £30 extra than we give them

Slim Shady
27-12-2019, 03:38 PM
EDIT,,, Carheenlea just posted above before i posted the question :aok:

Sorry if posted elsewhere, ... why were Leeann Dempster and Pat Stanton sitting in the away end and not the directors box :confused:

Leann usually sits in with the fans at Tynecastle. I’ve seen her at a few away games sitting in with the fans.

Keith_M
27-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Leann usually sits in with the fans at Tynecastle. I’ve seen her at a few away games sitting in with the fans.

She must be shocked with some of the carry on.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Farce that we cut our home allocation against them at Easter Road and they cut our allocation at Tynecastle.

That needs sorted for the next derby.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2019, 03:57 PM
I think one reason that hasn't been publicised, but will have been reported by the police, was the bottle of Buckie that was thrown from the Wheatfield into our support at the cup game in Jan 18, luckily it broke on the decking that separates upper and lower areas.

Poster on here 'Sir David Gray' was close to it I think and commented at the time too. I've a feeling that had a lot to do with the subsequent closure but, as said above, the fair resolution would have been a closure of the Wheatfield section

Yep it was during the celebration of their winning goal, it landed on the wheelchair platform about 6 feet away from me. Fortunately I don't believe it hit anyone.

marinello59
27-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Seen there are reports of Hibs fans throwing bottles into pitch again yesterday ... think before we start complaining about allocation ect we get our own house in order

There was a report that a bottle was thrown. We don’t know who threw it or from where.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2019, 04:38 PM
She must be shocked with some of the carry on.

I don’t think she’ll be shocked by anything.

I also think she’ll realise that there are a few idiots out of a few thousand.