PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in Dnipro - Videos from the orphanages

StevieC
25-12-2019, 02:50 PM
A Merry Christmas to everyone from the Dnipro Kids committee.

As we look back over 2019 it's fair to say it's been another good year for Dnipro Kids, with a Spring excursion to the water park in Kharkiv, summer events during the holidays, an Autumn excursion to the Black Sea and birthday parties for all of the kids throughout the year.

We've had many children making the orphanage parents proud with entry to various colleges, and Natasha from the Puzir orphanage doing very well at Shevchenko University in Kyiv. And the great thing is that this has allowed the orphanages to provide spaces for other orphaned children to come in, and benefit from the combined support of Dnipro Kids and the orphanage parents.

It seems beyond belief, but next year sees us having our 15 year anniversary!!

A huge thank you to all those that donated to our Christmas fundraiser page.

Just Giving Dnipro Kids Fundraising Page (https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/duncan-macrae2)

The first stage of our Christmas events is underway, with Natalie delivering Christmas gifts to the orphanages.

Here is the first video of the children getting their gifts ...
(apologies that we are unable to provide a subtitled translation, but listen out for Hibernian/Kheebernian and Scotland/Shotlandia)

Svyatkova Orphanage receives Christmas gifts

https://youtu.be/n86rg2rrgXo

The second video from the Ionova orphanage can be seen by clicking on link below ..

Video of Ionova Orphanage receiving Christmas gifts (https://youtu.be/m8-Gjkls8Xc)

Thank you all for your continued support!

wpj
25-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Lovely vids, such good work you do. I have donated a few times to various Hibs charities but this will be my next one. Can you link the payment method?
Be great to see Hibs v Dnipro charity game sometime to have a collection and official link up, maybe Power or Pat could look into it? Transcends football and helps all the the communities.
Edit: Just saw the just giving page

AltheHibby
25-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Thanks for sharing.

This is what Christmas is really about.

StevieC
25-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Lovely vids, such good work you do. I have donated a few times to various Hibs charities but this will be my next one. Can you link the payment method?

The usual place to donate is via the "Donate" page on dniprokids.com

Dnipro Kids Donate Page (http://dniprokids.com/donate-today/)

Be great to see Hibs v Dnipro charity game sometime to have a collection and official link up, maybe Power or Pat could look into it? Transcends football and helps all the the communities.

Great idea, and I did have a meeting with an FC Dnipro director a few years back about it. He was open to the idea, but unfortunately visa restrictions imposed by the UK are much tougher than in Europe. They ended up playing games in Germany instead.

Sadly though, FC Dnipro went the way of Sevco after the owner took the hump over a football fine. He refused to pay the fine and let FC Dnipro fall down the leagues (ended up playing non-league football), whilst at the same time starting up a new team called Dnipro-1 which rose through the leagues and is now playing in the Premier League (currently sitting 8th). FC Dnipro officially folded at the end of last season and it has angered many of their supporters, who refuse point blank to support the new team. Unlike Sevco supporters, the FC Dnipro fans do not view Dnipro-1 as the same team, and attendance at Dnipro-1 games is at Meadowbank Thistle levels!

I know a few FC Dnipro supporters, with some of them having supported the efforts of Dnipro Kids over the years, and it has been horrible to watch how their owner has killed their club on the back of an ego trip!

UEFA Cup finalists 2015 .. killed by the owner just 4 years later.

StevieC
26-12-2019, 09:02 AM
https://youtu.be/zMM8YGSm3SU

Billy Whizz
26-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Well done again

wpj
26-12-2019, 12:03 PM
https://youtu.be/zMM8YGSm3SU

I vaguely recall hearing this, how sad a proud club ended this way.

Rumble de Thump
26-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Great stuff 👍

StevieC
27-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Great stuff 👍

Thanks, glad you liked it. I do try to keep everyone updated what we do.

GIBBY NEWTON
27-12-2019, 01:34 PM
The usual place to donate is via the "Donate" page on dniprokids.com

Dnipro Kids Donate Page (http://dniprokids.com/donate-today/)

Great idea, and I did have a meeting with an FC Dnipro director a few years back about it. He was open to the idea, but unfortunately visa restrictions imposed by the UK are much tougher than in Europe. They ended up playing games in Germany instead.

Sadly though, FC Dnipro went the way of Sevco after the owner took the hump over a football fine. He refused to pay the fine and let FC Dnipro fall down the leagues (ended up playing non-league football), whilst at the same time starting up a new team called Dnipro-1 which rose through the leagues and is now playing in the Premier League (currently sitting 8th). FC Dnipro officially folded at the end of last season and it has angered many of their supporters, who refuse point blank to support the new team. Unlike Sevco supporters, the FC Dnipro fans do not view Dnipro-1 as the same team, and attendance at Dnipro-1 games is at Meadowbank Thistle levels!

I know a few FC Dnipro supporters, with some of them having supported the efforts of Dnipro Kids over the years, and it has been horrible to watch how their owner has killed their club on the back of an ego trip!

UEFA Cup finalists 2015 .. killed by the owner just 4 years later.
Great videos Stevie & very Humbling to watch as everyone receive a Christmas present well done to everyone who donated to this worthwhile cause & the committee for organising these events!!
So sad to hear of the demise of FC Dnipro & the way this club fell from the heights it had reached to disband in such a way my heart goes out to lifelong supporters o FC Dnipro. Does Hibernian historical trust display any momentoes of our game against Dnipro ? Hope your keeping well Gibby

StevieC
27-12-2019, 02:42 PM
So sad to hear of the demise of FC Dnipro. Does Hibernian historical trust display any momentoes of our game against Dnipro ?

Hi Gibby, hope you are keeping well. You were involved right at the start of this, so you should take credit along with all the others that wanted it to be more than just a “one off” event.

It’s really tough to see the FC Dnipro supporters hurting. I’ve travelled with them both home and away over the last 14 years, and they are as passionate about their team as you or me are about Hibs. If you’d seen the National coming together of Ukrainians for the UEFA cup final, during such times of hardship and the ongoing war with Russia, it was a very humbling experience.
The guys I know just can’t bring themselves to show any allegiance to the new Dnipro-1 team, and view them as bitter rivals. I guess the closest we could imagine is from the Mercer takeover situation where Hibs came so close to being killed off. Maybe time will soften the situation (has it with the Inverness Caley/Thistle merger?), but for the moment they see an imposter of a team that has replaced something they were brought up with.