PDA

View Full Version : Bah Humbug To You All

Keith_M
25-12-2019, 08:43 AM
As an antidote to the Merry Christmas post, I would like to wish all those that are fed up with this overly-sentimental, ridiculously expensive, commercial based claptrap time of year a great big...

Bah Humbug.

:xsmilesign

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Couldn't agree more

HendoDelivered
25-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Scrooges... :wink:

Lendo
25-12-2019, 09:01 AM
Bah Humbug to you good sir.

MKHIBEE
25-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Thread of the year.

matty_f
25-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Down with Christmas! :faf:

Bostonhibby
25-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Count me in[emoji106][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

vahibbie
25-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Bloody socks again. Could have been worse, could have been a season ticket to Tynecastle😂

mim
25-12-2019, 09:26 AM
...... and a big bah, humbug to you too :wink:

Eyrie
25-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Bah humbug everyone.

superfurryhibby
25-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Go ram yer christmas market. Bah humbug to one and all x

JXM73
25-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Happy birthday jesus

CentreLine
25-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Aw come on. We’ve all got to celebrate Santa’s birthday 🤣

hibee-boys
25-12-2019, 09:53 AM
At least it'll keep us busy awaiting the main event tomorrow.

we are hibs
25-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Absolutely typical negativity on here. Bed wetting all over the place. Wheres hermit crab? He will be on telling us all how santa isnt real, your turkey will taste horrible and hearts will beat hibs.

H18 SFR
25-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Delighted with this thread.

madsen5
25-12-2019, 10:13 AM
.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

FilipinoHibs
25-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Spirit of Christmas still alive in the Philippines. Very little present giving. Huge extended family and community eat in. Real carol singing and no alteration to TV schedules and life generally goes on as normal. However, the build up lasts 4 months.

Bostonhibby
25-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Spirit of Christmas still alive in the Philippines. Very little present giving. Huge extended family and community eat in. Real carol singing and no alteration to TV schedules and life generally goes on as normal. However, the build up lasts 4 months.How it should be, enjoy your day[emoji106]

FilipinoHibs
25-12-2019, 10:23 AM
How it should be, enjoy your day[emoji106]

Thank you. They are wondering why I am so on edge.

Bostonhibby
25-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Thank you. They are wondering why I am so on edge.Spread the word.

HH81
25-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Roll on tomorrow.

pollution
25-12-2019, 11:15 AM
It's the break to routine that I cannot take: no papers, pub closed tonight.

What am I meant to do?

judas
25-12-2019, 11:39 AM
I could not agree more.

I’ve been emptied £.

I am thinking about living next year like A Christmas Carol in reverse.

I’ve been giving too much to my family, work and wife. Now it’s time for me. 😂

Jack Hackett
25-12-2019, 12:19 PM
A happy ignoring Christmas to all... 366 days 'til the next one, though it will only be about 300 until we start getting bombarded with commercial encouragement to spend all our f****** money on it... again.

HoboHarry
25-12-2019, 12:20 PM
It could be worse, you are all six hours ahead of us and we are just beginning the day over here.....

Viva_Palmeiras
25-12-2019, 12:34 PM
You could try Festivus - championed by Seinfeld.
Metal pole gather people around them and say how the others disappointed them during the year - very Hibs.net ;) lol merry Christmas

jonty
25-12-2019, 12:41 PM
As an antidote to the Merry Christmas post, I would like to wish all those that are fed up with this overly-sentimental, ridiculously expensive, commercial based claptrap time of year a great big...

Bah Humbug.

:xsmilesign

:blowing

Doh Rae Me
25-12-2019, 01:02 PM
Just what I always wanted.

Socks.

I'm watching a muppets Christmas Carol and rooting for Michael Caine.

hibby6270
25-12-2019, 02:00 PM
All day Queen on Sky Arts.:greengrin

Perfect antidote to Bah Humbug!!:wink::thumbsup::agree:

matty_f
25-12-2019, 03:55 PM
All day Queen on Sky Arts.:greengrin

Perfect antidote to Bah Humbug!!:wink::thumbsup::agree:

It was better when she only got ten minutes for her speech, if I'm honest.

Hibbyradge
25-12-2019, 04:01 PM
It was better when she only got ten minutes for her speech, if I'm honest.

Wrong forum, Matty.

That one should be in the Dug-out on the "Who remembers" thread. :wink:

Hibbyradge
25-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Serious question.

Did the "Bag Humbug" people who don't like Christmas have disappointing or unhappy Christmases as children?

BarneyBreslin
25-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Serious question.

Did the "Bag Humbug" people who don't like Christmas have disappointing or unhappy Christmases as children?

Nothing but good memories of Christmas as a child. My bah humbugness only set in in adult life. Don't celebrate or acknowledge it whatsoever.

heretoday
25-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Nothing but good memories of Christmas as a child. My bah humbugness only set in in adult life. Don't celebrate or acknowledge it whatsoever.

I have no choice. They're all through in the room watching Strictly Come Dancing and I'm here typing this. I think if the TV broke down we'd have a better time, or I would.

But really, as I get older I find the whole commercial aspect and media coverage of Christmas thoroughly distasteful.

Maybe I'll become a Christian and attend church. That is, after all, the real meaning of the whole business.

Jack Hackett
25-12-2019, 04:27 PM
I have no choice. They're all through in the room watching Strictly Come Dancing and I'm here typing this. I think if the TV broke down we'd have a better time, or I would.

But really, as I get older I find the whole commercial aspect and media coverage of Christmas thoroughly distasteful.

Maybe I'll become a Christian and attend church. That is, after all, the real meaning of the whole business.

Might have been once upon a time. One of my news feeds had an article a couple of days ago where some woman was twittering her delight at all the presents she had bought and stacked under (on top of?) her xmas tree. I believe it was somewhere in the region of a couple of thousand. It's not a celebration of anything other than conspicuous consumption nowadays... a competition to be bigger and more expensive than last year, and get noticed on social media... or even better, TV

Christmas has become a disease for some, akin to OCD

Pretty Boy
25-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Your last paragraph is interesting.

I attend Mass every Sunday and occasionally during the week as well. We get a good turnout of between 200 and 300 on Sunday, the midweek Mass is a dozen or so. Yet last night the Chirldrens Mass was standing room only in a church which seats 600, there was a 'midnight' Mass at 8.30 which was the same.

I think deep down a lot of people do crave something of the real meaning of Christmas. Not necessarily the religious aspect in itself but the message and the hopefulness of that message. Of course they might just like the theatre of the Catholic Christmas and enjoy the nice smells and the hymns they recognise but I think it goes deeper than that.

Personally I enjoy seeing other people's faces on Christmas Day when they like a gift more than I am bothered about gifts myself. I got some nice things today but a personalised mug from my daughter with '10 things I love about you' was my favourite by a mile. She obviously didn't write the list because she's 2 but 'I love you because you are so hardworking in a job you don't like just for me' came from the heart of her Mum. The mug probably cost a fiver but the message is priceless for me. The 2 of us have just gone a wee stroll together to escape the madness for 10 minutes and I couldn't be happier. That's Christmas imo.

H18 SFR
25-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Early 40's now and with each year that comes I hate Christmas more.

I've just started a thread in the Dugout about this year's debacle.

H18 SFR
25-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Likewise, some of my best childhood memories focus around Christmas.

IWasThere2016
25-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Love it. Hate New Year however...

Great day/laughs/food and drink had. Santa has spoiled me :-)

wallpaperman
25-12-2019, 05:55 PM
I have just won a six player game of Cluedo with players aged between 8 and 75.

GIRFUY family. 👌

Keith_M
25-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Serious question.

No, just as adults 😝

Keith_M
25-12-2019, 06:56 PM
I'm now sittin playing Pass The Parcel, with a group including an English Woman, a Jambo and some Tories!

Viva_Palmeiras
25-12-2019, 07:00 PM
I'm now sittin playing Pass The Parcel, with a group including an English Woman, a Jambo and some Tories!

Casting aside the notion that could be one person - what are you doing at Rod Stewart’s gaff?

Keith_M
25-12-2019, 07:03 PM
Casting aside the notion that could be one person - what are you doing at Rod Stewart’s gaff?

How did you guess?

🙃

mim
25-12-2019, 07:07 PM

I attend Mass every Sunday and occasionally during the week as well. We get a good turnout of between 200 and 300 on Sunday, the midweek Mass is a dozen or so. Yet last night the Chirldrens Mass was standing room only in a church which seats 600, there was a 'midnight' Mass at 8.30 which was the same.

I think deep down a lot of people do crave something of the real meaning of Christmas. Not necessarily the religious aspect in itself but the message and the hopefulness of that message. Of course they might just like the theatre of the Catholic Christmas and enjoy the nice smells and the hymns they recognise but I think it goes deeper than that.

Personally I enjoy seeing other people's faces on Christmas Day when they like a gift more than I am bothered about gifts myself. I got some nice things today but a personalised mug from my daughter with '10 things I love about you' was my favourite by a mile. She obviously didn't write the list because she's 2 but 'I love you because you are so hardworking in a job you don't like just for me' came from the heart of her Mum. The mug probably cost a fiver but the message is priceless for me. The 2 of us have just gone a wee stroll together to escape the madness for 10 minutes and I couldn't be happier. That's Christmas imo.

Enjoyed reading that :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
25-12-2019, 07:09 PM
I'm now sittin playing Pass The Parcel, with a group including an English Woman, a Jambo and some Tories!Bit of a futile game, the parcels never going to get past the jambo.

pollution
25-12-2019, 07:12 PM
I have just finished my tax return.

wallpaperman
25-12-2019, 07:31 PM

Very nice, great post, lovely night for a stroll.