PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road like a war zone

The 90+2
24-12-2019, 05:02 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5102238/rangers-barisic-easter-road-warzone-hibs-yobs/

Is it just me but I’m happy if teams come to our ground and think this?

Bottle throwing aside I love the fact players see it intimidating.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Croatian football is all sweetness and light of course.

The guy belittles himself when if not him directly, his relatives will likely have experienced direct impact of war and it’s consequences. If he equates having some things thown at him to a “war zone” then maybe Stevie G is not the only person needing to have a word with himself.

Doubtless it’ll have been “loft” in translation ;)

DetroitHibs
24-12-2019, 05:14 PM
The club should introduce a standing section. Having the place as volatile and noisy as possible gives us a big edge. Also start cutting the allocation these dregs are getting. Don’t want to ever hear them loud as can be doing the “bouncy bouncy” like that on our patch.

Carheenlea
24-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Given he is a native from a part of the world where the ravages of war are still pretty fresh in the mind he should be more tactful with his language.
130,000 lives were lost in the Yugoslav Wars. At Easter Road on Friday Porteous hit him with a robust tackle and someone threw a bottle.
Feisty - yes, War Zone - not really

Kojock
24-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Remember it’s The Sun.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Maybe it was lost in translation. A strange choice of words to describe Leith on a Friday night coming from someone who actually came from a war zone.

Since452
24-12-2019, 05:33 PM
God knows how he'd describe Ibrox then with all the Northern Irish "folk songs" and soldiers being presented to the fans to suit an agenda...

CloudSquall
24-12-2019, 05:40 PM
"The Hibs player, Ryan Porteous, made a typically Scottish challenge on me"

Racist.

Wheat Hound
24-12-2019, 05:48 PM
The half bottle vodka wars. A brutal battle. Only eclipsed by the bon accord landings

matty_f
24-12-2019, 05:48 PM
He's a diving *******. Not necessarily in Ryan's challenge but every time someone goes near him he ends up rolling about.

McIntosh
24-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Goodness me. As soon as I see that he is Croatian, it says it all - good as giving it not very good at taking it.

Scouse Hibee
24-12-2019, 05:59 PM
The club should introduce a standing section. Having the place as volatile and noisy as possible gives us a big edge. Also start cutting the allocation these dregs are getting. Don’t want to ever hear them loud as can be doing the “bouncy bouncy” like that on our patch.

I would rather what happened on the pitch stopped them doing the “bouncy bouncy”

Sir David Gray
24-12-2019, 06:01 PM
#prayforBarisic

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Goodness me. As soon as I see that he is Croatian, it says it all - good as giving it not very good at taking it.

I'm Split on my opinions on this issue.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2019, 06:19 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5102238/rangers-barisic-easter-road-warzone-hibs-yobs/

Come here, think it, win 3-0, what a mare for him.

overdrive
24-12-2019, 06:45 PM
The stands are close to the pitch? I’m not sure the East is any closer to the pitch than the stands at Ibrox. God help him if someone clatters him with an actual dangerous tackle instead of the perfectly robust but fair one Porteous made on him.

overdrive
24-12-2019, 06:49 PM

I agree. I’ve long said that a fierce group of fans should congregate outside the entrance to the West Stand and deal out a barrage of verbal abuse to referees when they come out to their car after each incompetent or corrupt performance. It would make them think twice in the future when coming to ER. Nothing physical, of course.

Kojock
24-12-2019, 06:54 PM
I agree. I’ve long said that a fierce group of fans should congregate outside the entrance to the West Stand and deal out a barrage of verbal abuse to referees when they come out to their car after each incompetent or corrupt performance. It would make them think twice in the future when coming to ER. Nothing physical, of course.

Are you for real 😳

Keith_M
24-12-2019, 07:32 PM
I think he's been indoctrinated by the Ibrox brainwashing department.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Croatian, war zone, lack of comprehension, hun.. ...

Nothing else to say except I hope he recovers from his war zone injuries in time for the celtc game.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

BoltonHibee
24-12-2019, 07:54 PM
He’s full of ****ing ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
24-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Feigned injury and rolled about on the grass for 2 minutes so no respect for him. Just a a big fairy.

Smartie
24-12-2019, 08:22 PM
In fairness to him, the words attributed to him were probably put together by Jim Traynor.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2019, 08:23 PM
In fairness to him, the words attributed to him were probably put together by Jim Traynor.And being a journalist he would know all about what went on in a Croatian warzone.

lyonhibs
24-12-2019, 09:09 PM

Wait, what?? :confused:

A regular crew of riled up fans hurling abuse at refs cos they think the refs have had a bad game?

That'll be a no then 😂😂

CMurdoch
24-12-2019, 11:22 PM
My top tip after being minorly injured in a war zone is to get up as quickly as you can and get the hell out of there.
What he did was lie in the war zone like a busted turtle for 2 minutes. This is a very poor survival strategy.

CMurdoch
24-12-2019, 11:29 PM

A volatile as possible standing section is exactly what the club and the chief executive are keen to avoid.
Noisy they don't mind but volatile, nah. Probably the reason it won't happen.
They won't say as much but that is the reason it won't happen. That and the expense.

25-12-2019, 04:44 AM
It’s still a delight to see how much we get to them.

BILLYHIBS
25-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Manchester Newcastle and Barcelona were war zones

matty_f
25-12-2019, 09:11 AM
It’s still a delight to see how much we get to them.

It was more delightful when we were scudding them on the pitch as well.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Perspective:

“Like a pack of wolves that had not been fed for days”...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/may/18/ukcrime.rangers

Bostonhibby
25-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Perspective:

“Like a pack of wolves that had not been fed for days”...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/may/18/ukcrime.rangersDefending their players surely?