PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ACADEMY AWARDED GOLD AWARD

RSS Bot
24-12-2019, 03:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10479)

3pm
24-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Good stuff!

Vault Boy
24-12-2019, 03:24 PM
This is good news, well done to those involved for improving this aspect of the academy!

Hibeesmad
24-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Now let's get a couple of decent players out of it.

hibee-boys
24-12-2019, 04:32 PM
"Supporters measure academy success by transfer fees and first team performance"....i'm guessing Ron Gordon will be doing the same!

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2019, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry, but surely the priority has got to be producing young players good enough to play in the first team and eventually earning the club money in transfer fees. Running a community venture for young people is all well and good but if we are not bringing through quality young players then it's a pointless exercise and an expense we can't afford.

Lago
24-12-2019, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, but surely the priority has got to be producing young players good enough to play in the first team and eventually earning the club money in transfer fees. Running a community venture for young people is all well and good but if we are not bringing through quality young players then it's a pointless exercise and an expense we can't afford.
Did kind of read like kid's club/football summer camp, but I suppose that comes with community club focus.

JimBHibees
24-12-2019, 06:37 PM
This is good news, well done to those involved for improving this aspect of the academy!

Yep hugely positive news and shows an excellent culture has been created. A legacy of the George Craig era imo.

Since452
24-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Fantastic news. Well done to everyone involved. Can only be appealing to parents of young players when Hibs show an interest

CMurdoch
24-12-2019, 11:58 PM

The priority is producing great players but we all know that very very few kids in the academy will make their career as players.
It is therefore right and proper that the club also takes responsibility for preparing these young people for the real world.
Just turfing them out of the club, if they are eventually deemed not good enough, with no such preparation isn't acceptable and would be a good reason for parents to take their kids to another club.

matty_f
25-12-2019, 12:20 AM
The priority is producing great players but we all know that very very few kids in the academy will make their career as players.
It is therefore right and proper that the club also takes responsibility for preparing these young people for the real world.
Just turfing them out of the club, if they are eventually deemed not good enough, with no such preparation isn't acceptable and would be a good reason for parents to take their kids to another club.

:agree: totally agree. Surprised this is even up for debate, to be honest.

PaulSmith
25-12-2019, 11:44 AM
:agree: totally agree. Surprised this is even up for debate, to be honest.

Plus its a great selling point to parents who are sensible enough to understand that only a tiny minority make a living out of the game. If that then helps to attract academy players to sign for the club it therefore increases the potential to produce players for the first team.

I'm sure that there's not a great cost to the football club either.