PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross Press Conference

Anthony Soprano
23-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Press conference for the derby and all brian mclaughlin wants to talk about is fan behaviour, beyond me why we even continue to let these cretins in.

https://youtu.be/EmW0qmAsR00

ancient hibee
23-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Because that is the big story.

Onceinawhile
23-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Wait? Jack Ross is here? Should he not be away in Germany until Christmas like big team managers do?

offshorehibby
23-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Yes it's the big story but he persisted and persisted and wouldn;t let it drop as if trying to gode JR into saying somthing he shoudn't. bbc prick.

Crab apple
23-12-2019, 08:15 PM

McLauchlin is a fat jambo mess who finds it difficult to hide his jambo leanings. Very good mates with fat JJ. He’s not objective imho. The game should be the big story and any decent sports journo would be focussing on debutant derby managers facing each other again following their stints at Sunderland and Barnsley.

SMAXXA
23-12-2019, 08:16 PM
I agree it riles me it was the same last week the questions and content is dire most weeks, an 11/12m interview took to 9 minutes in to start talking about the derby. It’s a disgrace and although I get the issues last week is a headline it’s been discussed after the game and since so why continue to go on about it where I’d guess most fans just want to hear football related content in the lead up to a huge match.

Lago
23-12-2019, 08:18 PM
I don't know why anyone is supprised.

hibbydog
23-12-2019, 08:36 PM
I would be annoyed if I was Jack Ross and asked questions like that. It’s not his responsibility and he shouldn’t even be thinking about it.

West coast/ Jambo biased media are having a great time with this.

Wonder if they’ll stick the boot in so hard when Hearts get relegated?

🤪

The 90+2
23-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Did the fat prick as Andy Kirk where the hearts manager is kicking about today?

Captain Trips
23-12-2019, 08:44 PM

Not for him though the big story is the team and performance from Friday and how it will be sorted for Hearts game.

If they wish to ask that they should try asking somebody in a position to deal with it.

Sammy7nil
24-12-2019, 07:16 AM
JR knew and we all knew that would be the main talking point at the press conference. No big deal, FWIW I thought JR ad DG both came across very well.

Onion
24-12-2019, 07:31 AM
BBC are only interested in dragging out the story as it's more like to get read by Huns than anything about the derby game. Some sensational statement or an apology by anyone associated with Hibs would make the Huns and Sevco feel so much better or amused. It's up to Hibs PR managers to control that situation as kind of things happen all the time at press conferences.

BBC are effectively a branch of Sevco and Celtic media.

hibsbollah
24-12-2019, 07:39 AM
We've tolerated this pish for years, I don't expect it to change any time soon. Collins was the only one to stand up them.

I'd love to see a Gerrard/Lennon interview be hijacked by a stroppy hack talking about violent sectarian incidents at old firm games, he'd be out of a job.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2019, 07:46 AM
Once he has answered the same question three times he should be saying to the press can we move this along and talk only about Hearts v HIBS on Thursday please

Next time send Potsy! :greengrin

JimBHibees
24-12-2019, 07:50 AM
We've tolerated this pish for years, I don't expect it to change any time soon. Collins was the only one to stand up them.

I'd love to see a Gerrard/Lennon interview be hijacked by a stroppy hack talking about violent sectarian incidents at old firm games, he'd be out of a job.

Nail on the head they wouldn't have the gonads to do that. Traynor would have them frogmarched out the building. McLaughlin is awful almost every press conference he tries and dominates with his tortuous questioning style. Thought his comments were pathetic also when Levein got sacked also indicating Nanny wasn't popular behind the scenes at Hearts which was imo pathetic.

JimBHibees
24-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Once he has answered the same question three times he should be saying to the press can we move this along and talk only about Hearts v HIBS on Thursday please

Next time send Potsy! :greengrin

Agree should just say I have answered that let's move onto the game or move onto another journo who will ask about the game.

judas
25-12-2019, 11:49 AM
I thought it was an awful press conference due to the presenters continual repetitive questioning about the missile (a despicable act don’t get me wrong).

It was supposed to be about the forthcoming derby.

Vini1875
25-12-2019, 01:51 PM
I feel we are too accomodating to this sort of thing. JR to be fair is a sort laid back guy and pointed out 3 times that thousands in the stadium behaved as expected, but I would be happier if we got a bit more pissed off with the agendas of some in the media.

Sir David Gray
25-12-2019, 02:00 PM
I don't necessarily expect the players to say much but I'd really like the manager to get maybe one or two questions (at most) about fan behaviour before insisting that the questions move onto the game.

To have a whole press conference about it is ridiculous.

SquashedFrogg
25-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Press conference for the derby and all brian mclaughlin wants to talk about is fan behaviour, beyond me why we even continue to let these cretins in.

https://youtu.be/EmW0qmAsR00

I remember similar happened when PH got interviewed early on. He was also asked what he noticed different from England. He made the point that down south they asked him about football. Up here they asked him about Rangers/Celtic and trouble.

Narrow minded Scottish media is embarrassing.

overdrive
25-12-2019, 02:16 PM
I remember similar happened when PH got interviewed early on. He was also asked what he noticed different from England. He made the point that down south they asked him about football. Up here they asked him about Rangers/Celtic and trouble.

Narrow minded Scottish media is embarrassing.

Yep, the one thing PH did quite well!

Stuart93
25-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Also think after 2 or 3 questions about the same incident/rangers or Celtic JR should make the point that he won’t answer anymore questions on it

hibbysam
25-12-2019, 09:58 PM
Also think after 2 or 3 questions about the same incident/rangers or Celtic JR should make the point that he won’t answer anymore questions on it

Not so much Jack Ross’ place, but surely out PR man/woman whoever that is could’ve stepped in and told them enough was enough. Giving that welt McLaughlin free reign to spout his crap!

SMAXXA
25-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Maybe something Kenny Millar could feed back to the club as he reads on here and occasionally posts insightful and constructive posts. From a purely communications perspective for fans it’s brutal and is the same most weeks. You wait on a lot of occasions for a week game to game to hear from the manager about previous games and upcoming fixture and all football related information not being subjected to of field rubbish and other ridiculous lines of questioning.

Sammy7nil
25-12-2019, 10:59 PM
I feel we are too accomodating to this sort of thing. JR to be fair is a sort laid back guy and pointed out 3 times that thousands in the stadium behaved as expected, but I would be happier if we got a bit more pissed off with the agendas of some in the media.

I feel fans should stay off the pitch and stop throwing bottles and other objects at players and these questions would not be asked. Hibs are getting a bad reputation it has to stop.

Sir David Gray
25-12-2019, 11:31 PM
I feel fans should stay off the pitch and stop throwing bottles and other objects at players and these questions would not be asked. Hibs are getting a bad reputation it has to stop.

Agreed but when do you ever hear Steven Gerrard or Neil Lennon being questioned about sectarian singing for half of their pre-match press conference?

It doesn't happen.

Questions like that should be aimed at the club hierarchy, not the head coach of the first team.

1875godsgift
26-12-2019, 12:10 AM
Agreed but when do you ever hear Steven Gerrard or Neil Lennon being questioned about sectarian singing for half of their pre-match press conference?

It doesn't happen.

Questions like that should be aimed at the club hierarchy, not the head coach of the first team.

Questions like this should be aimed at both of them ad nauseam until something is ****ing done about it.

Stuart93
26-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Not so much Jack Ross’ place, but surely out PR man/woman whoever that is could’ve stepped in and told them enough was enough. Giving that welt McLaughlin free reign to spout his crap!

See plenty managers refusing to answer certain questions

Seen Gerrard doing it countless times

Since452
26-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Fully bring it on ourselves. If we want to shut folk like McLaughlin and Commons up then need to start behaving. On a side note it's taken a bit of the limelight off the players

highland hibbee
26-12-2019, 10:21 AM

is that not the reason the BBC don’t get access to anything, anybody at Ibrox ? Can’t remember what started that ?

Pretty Boy
26-12-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure if it's part of Kenny Millar's remit but whoever oversees our press conferences should do what Jim Traynor does at Ibrox. Give a warning about the line of questioning and if it continues then end it early.

I can't stand Rangers or Traynor but they control the press well and that's exactly why Gerrard doesn't spend hours answering uncomfortable questions.