PDA

View Full Version : Hibs introduce online ticket purchase booking fees

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Has been free up to now but from the turn of the year there will be a £1.50 service fee added for every ticket purchased online.
Have been expecting this.
The improved service from our provider that folk have been shouting and moaning for over the last couple of years has been evident recently and now we have to start paying for it.
As ever some folk won't be bothered and some will.
Suspect that a large proportion of the folk who won't be happy will be the same ones that demanded a better online purchasing service for big games.

Diclonius
23-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Isn't this the fee they got rid of a few years ago?

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 03:57 PM
TICKET OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CHANGES

Supporters are advised that from January 1 2020 there will be changes to how the club deals with ticketing.
The club has made a significant investment in technology and the installation of a brand new turnstile scanner system with the convenient option now available to supporters to purchase a mobile ticket to gain entry to the ground via your smart phone.
The club is looking to encourage as many supporters as possible to utilise the new technology to gain access to the ground. In addition, the ability to order tickets online to print at home remains.
In dealing with many ticket requests, the club incurs genuine costs.
Therefore, from the turn of the year, the following administration costs will be applied at the ticket office and at the point of sale.

Service Cost
First class post £1.00
Special delivery £7.50
International Post £7.50
Season card reprint £5.00
Booking fee for all tickets bought online £1.50 :agree:
(excluding mobile or print at home)
Reprint of tickets (lost ticket, forgotten season card, no printer etc) £1.50
Ticket purchased in person at the Ticket Office Free
Online purchase of mobile ticketing or print at home Free
Please note the change in relation to reprints of lost tickets, forgotten season cards and choosing the print at home option without access to a printer.
On matchdays we have large queues of supporters looking for reprints of tickets, which limits our ability to assist supporters quickly who have an issue on matchday.
We strongly encourage supporters to remember their tickets on matchday, remember their season cards and only choose the print at home options if you have access to a printer.
Charges via the call centre and the Hibernian Ticket Office telephone line remain unchanged.

Power
23-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Difficult decision. I’m trying to find out if this includes Away ticket online purchases too.

Club did state “In dealing with many ticket requests, the club incurs genuine costs”, a move that will save a sizeable sum of money for the club to reinvest elsewhere.

Frazerbob
23-12-2019, 04:00 PM
So print at home is still free?

JeMeSouviens
23-12-2019, 04:00 PM
TICKET OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CHANGES

Supporters are advised that from January 1 2020 there will be changes to how the club deals with ticketing.
The club has made a significant investment in technology and the installation of a brand new turnstile scanner system with the convenient option now available to supporters to purchase a mobile ticket to gain entry to the ground via your smart phone.
The club is looking to encourage as many supporters as possible to utilise the new technology to gain access to the ground. In addition, the ability to order tickets online to print at home remains.
In dealing with many ticket requests, the club incurs genuine costs.
Therefore, from the turn of the year, the following administration costs will be applied at the ticket office and at the point of sale.

Service Cost
First class post £1.00
Special delivery £7.50
International Post £7.50
Season card reprint £5.00
Booking fee for all tickets bought online (excluding mobile or £1.50
print at home)
Ticket purchased in person at the Ticket Office Free
Online purchase of mobile ticketing or print at home Free
Please note the change in relation to reprints of lost tickets, forgotten season cards and choosing the print at home option without access to a printer.
On matchdays we have large queues of supporters looking for reprints of tickets, which limits our ability to assist supporters quickly who have an issue on matchday.
We strongly encourage supporters to remember their tickets on matchday, remember their season cards and only choose the print at home options if you have access to a printer.
Charges via the call centre and the Hibernian Ticket Office telephone line remain unchanged.

"Excluding mobile or print-at-home" so not so bad?

Brightside
23-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Yep surely not many people without STs that still actually print the ticket? Waste of paper, ink, people.

Cat Stanton
23-12-2019, 04:03 PM
So print at home is still free?

Yes - the text has gone slightly awry in that copy and paste, but print at home still looks to be free (as it should be!) - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10477

The Modfather
23-12-2019, 04:03 PM
Has been free up to now but from the turn of the year there will be a £1.50 service fee added for every ticket purchased online.
The improved service from our provider that folk have been shouting and moaning for over the last couple of years has been evident recently and now we have to start paying for it.
Suspect that a large proportion of the folk who won't be happy will be the same ones that demanded a better online purchasing service for big games.

When you say, demanding a better service. Were the complaints not mainly about a service that couldn’t handle the traffic and was a poor user experience? Given the prices we pay for tickets I think it’s poor that we are having to foot the bill for replacing a system that wasn’t fit for purpose in the first place.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:07 PM

This is the other change.
Obviously getting hacked off with dealing with loads of folk on matchdays who have messed up.
Fair enough I think, especially those who choose the print at home option even though they don't have a printer!

Green_one
23-12-2019, 04:07 PM
"Excluding mobile or print-at-home" so not so bad?

Yip. Seems fair. All those who require additional services from the club, pay extra.

Buy your ticket and print it or put on mobile AND remember to actually turn up with it, then it is free

Actually I doubt 1.50 covers the costs in many cases

PaulSmith
23-12-2019, 04:08 PM

Not how I read it at all.

The vast majority will use print at home or mobile which is still free.

neil7908
23-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Yip. Seems fair. All those who require additional services from the club, pay extra.

Buy your ticket and print it or put on mobile AND remember to actually turn up with it, then it is free

Actually I doubt 1.50 covers the costs in many cases

That definitely seems reasonable. I'd have been annoyed if it was £1.50 for every on line ticket purchase but I'd imagine pretty much everyone buying online will use their mobile or print at home.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Not how I read it at all.

The vast majority will use print at home or mobile which is still free.

Like most folk on here I have a season ticket and only use online to purchase away tickets.
I currently collect them from the ticket office so hopefully I can just print them off at home from now on to avoid service charges.

Aim Here
23-12-2019, 04:17 PM
That definitely seems reasonable. I'd have been annoyed if it was £1.50 for every on line ticket purchase but I'd imagine pretty much everyone buying online will use their mobile or print at home.

Assuming that's home tickets only. I don't see either option working for away tickets, or at least not easily.

If they're forcing everyone to pay a surcharge for away tickets, that's a bit harsh.

Like most folk on here I have a season ticket and only use online to purchase away tickets.
I currently collect them from the ticket office so hopefully I can just print them off at home from now on to avoid service charges.

That's not likely to be an option for the old-fashioned away grounds where humans check your ticket stubs - and I'm not sure the clubs are willing to give multiple third parties the ability to farm out ticket printing willy-nilly for fraud and safety reasons.

Maybe the surcharge won't apply to away tickets.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:24 PM
When you say, demanding a better service. Were the complaints not mainly about a service that couldn’t handle the traffic and was a poor user experience? Given the prices we pay for tickets I think it’s poor that we are having to foot the bill for replacing a system that wasn’t fit for purpose in the first place.

Yeah, the free service couldn't handle the traffic.
Hibs have taken the fans complaints on board and I suspect payed out for a fit for purpose better user experience as requested and are now passing that cost onto those who wanted it, the fans. Brings us inline with most other clubs.
I will be thinking of the complainers every time I get pumped for service charges for away games.

Just Alf
23-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Assuming that's home tickets only. I don't see either option working for away tickets, or at least not easily.

If they're forcing everyone to pay a surcharge for away tickets, that's a bit harsh.

That's not likely to be an option for the old-fashioned away grounds where humans check your ticket stubs - and I'm not sure the clubs are willing to give multiple third parties the ability to farm out ticket sales willy-nilly for fraud and safety reasons.

Maybe the surcharge won't apply to away tickets.Reading it, it's about access to Easter Road... "the ground" "investment" etc, so hopefully won't make a difference to away games?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:28 PM

That's not likely to be an option for the old-fashioned away grounds where humans check your ticket stubs - and I'm not sure the clubs are willing to give multiple third parties the ability to farm out ticket printing willy-nilly for fraud and safety reasons.

Maybe the surcharge won't apply to away tickets.

I am almost certain it will.
We will all b getting Ticketmastered!

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Difficult decision. I’m trying to find out if this includes Away ticket online purchases too.

Club did state “In dealing with many ticket requests, the club incurs genuine costs”, a move that will save a sizeable sum of money for the club to reinvest elsewhere.

States "All tickets bought online" so pretty certain it will include away tickets

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Is this the big announcement Wee Ron is going to announce in January? :greengrin

I think I will just continue to walk up and buy my away and Cup tickets at the TO

The Modfather
23-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Yeah, the free service couldn't handle the traffic.
Hibs have taken the fans complaints on board and I suspect payed out for a fit for purpose better user experience as requested and are now passing that cost onto those who wanted it, the fans. Brings us inline with most other clubs.

The fans have also been complaining about catering and the PA system, for a long time. Should we also foot the bill for a fit for purpose PA system for example? The fans never asked for Ticketmaster, simply a system that can handle the volumes and is easy to use, not an unreasonable ask IMO.

I’ve not used the new system but it sounds like it works as it should, which is good news. Less so if we are having to pay for something that is just a way for us to buy tickets, nothing particularly fancy needed.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Reading it, it's about access to Easter Road... "the ground" "investment" etc, so hopefully won't make a difference to away games?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No chance The evil Ticketmaster is now in control. You will be getting charged as often as possible.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 04:48 PM
If the away charge was £1.50 per transaction then I'd say fair enough. £1.50 per ticket when for some games away from ER, such as semi finals, you can purchase up to 10 tickets per transaction seems a bit excessive. Hopefully someone can clarify that.

No issue for the additional charges for home tickets. If you are buying online then for most people the ability to print at home or use an e-ticket should be no issue. If you are a walk to the ticket office type then you are exempt from the charges.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 04:56 PM
The fans have also been complaining about catering and the PA system, for a long time. Should we also foot the bill for a fit for purpose PA system for example? The fans never asked for Ticketmaster, simply a system that can handle the volumes and is easy to use, not an unreasonable ask IMO.

I’ve not used the new system but it sounds like it works as it should, which is good news. Less so if we are having to pay for something that is just a way for us to buy tickets, nothing particularly fancy needed.

Given your avatar you will be no stranger to getting pumped by Ticketmaster etc if you go to gigs.

Re the other stuff, read KP's latest update from today.
Reading between the lines it sounds like the club are going to act on a lot of our long term off field moans.
Ground improvement budget spent on CCTV at the end of last season which given Friday's bottle incident was a clever queue jumping move from Leanne. Perhaps the PA system solution will be installed at the end of this season and acceptable internal catering arrangements will come into being at the conclusion of the current contract. We are not a rich club. We move forward slowly.

Carheenlea
23-12-2019, 04:57 PM
It looks like putting the price of often already expensive away tickets up with admin charge in top, but the new system was noticeably improved with Hibs investing in the facility, and looking to recoup a lot of that from the fans.
Be nice if the club could absorb the costs but doesn’t make financial sense to do so right now.

Capt Mainwaring
23-12-2019, 04:58 PM
”(excluding mobile or print at home)“

Should cover the vast majority so don’t see any real issue here

Carheenlea
23-12-2019, 05:04 PM
”(excluding mobile or print at home)“

Should cover the vast majority so don’t see any real issue here

There’s no print at home or mobile option for away games, so those tickets look like having the booking fee added.

Home tickets shouldn’t see as many fees given the free alternative options to paper ticket

Ozyhibby
23-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Those charges all seem fair enough. Encourages people to buy using their phones. Save the club money in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
23-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Our ticketing sustem wont be comlatable with even Tinpotcastles system so no chamce you'll avoid a fee for away tickets.

Billy Whizz
23-12-2019, 05:07 PM
We’ve a free ticket purchase scheme for quite a while now, the home ticket cost will only affect a small few.
Would be interested to know, when we give tickets to the likes of Celtic, Rangers or Hearts. Do they charge their fans a booking fee to buy them

RyeSloan
23-12-2019, 06:10 PM
All fine for the home tickets. And did laugh at them having to mention those that choose print at home and don’t have a printer...clearly this happens more often than anyone could have imagined [emoji23]

Not sure £1.50 per away ticket plus £1 postage is quite the right balance tho.

Steven79
23-12-2019, 06:17 PM
So is that £1.50 per away ticket or per group of tickets?

If it's per ticket then it it's a rip off.

Hearts do that for home cup ties when it's £3 or £5 for kids tickets making the fee almost as much as the tickets.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
23-12-2019, 06:20 PM
So is that £1.50 per away ticket or per group of tickets?

If it's per ticket then it it's a rip off.

Hearts do that for home cup ties when it's £3 or £5 for kids tickets making the fee almost as much as the tickets.

It'll be for each ticket.

Just like Ticketmaster, Seetickets etc.

The Harp Awakes
24-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Seems fair enough to me.

The downside is that it will push some folk to purchase tickets in person meaning longer queues at the ticket office.

green&left
24-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Be pissed off if they start charging £1.50 for away tickets too. Especially seeing as the club appear to have introduced a policy to only sell cat A games online only even if it's not sold out.

Steven79
24-12-2019, 09:03 AM
Seems fair enough to me.

The downside is that it will push some folk to purchase tickets in person meaning longer queues at the ticket office.That's what I'm planning on doing as 4 away tickets posted will now be £7 extra which is a rip off.

hibbysam
24-12-2019, 09:06 AM
When will it likely be implemented that we can print away tickets off at home? Most clubs use ticketmaster I think, so shouldn’t be hard to implement for those clubs (obviously can’t be done for those who still run manual turnstiles) and clubs should be making it easier for fans to attend, if for nothing else then it would save a bit of cash on manual sorting of tickets. I’d guess at some point in the near future clubs will be looking to go down the same route as big events and be totally paperless, with everything done through online.

Billy Whizz
24-12-2019, 09:35 AM
When will it likely be implemented that we can print away tickets off at home? Most clubs use ticketmaster I think, so shouldn’t be hard to implement for those clubs (obviously can’t be done for those who still run manual turnstiles) and clubs should be making it easier for fans to attend, if for nothing else then it would save a bit of cash on manual sorting of tickets. I’d guess at some point in the near future clubs will be looking to go down the same route as big events and be totally paperless, with everything done through online.

I’m hoping we can all do them on our phones at some stage, never mind printing

hibbysam
24-12-2019, 10:01 AM
I’m hoping we can all do them on our phones at some stage, never mind printing

That’s the ideal end game, think our club had to spend to make it happen for us, so I’d imagine some clubs will be slightly behind, but I’m sure rangers, Celtic, Kilmarnock etc have all upgraded to this recently so no reason why we can’t do it for these games. I’m also sure other clubs have automatic turnstiles should PAH should be an option for these games for the time being.

Billy Whizz
24-12-2019, 10:34 AM
That’s the ideal end game, think our club had to spend to make it happen for us, so I’d imagine some clubs will be slightly behind, but I’m sure rangers, Celtic, Kilmarnock etc have all upgraded to this recently so no reason why we can’t do it for these games. I’m also sure other clubs have automatic turnstiles should PAH should be an option for these games for the time being.

I was at Somerset park a few weeks ago, even they scanned the tickets in
I know a lot of people can do it, but my season ticket won’t scan via my phone, tried everything

green day
24-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Be pissed off if they start charging £1.50 for away tickets too. Especially seeing as the club appear to have introduced a policy to only sell cat A games online only even if it's not sold out.

By "they" do you mean Hibs?

You do get that they are not making money from this?

Any booking fee is not going to Hibs as is evidenced by them detailing clearly that print at home and mobile is free...........

Antifa Hibs
24-12-2019, 01:45 PM
By "they" do you mean Hibs?

You do get that they are not making money from this?

Any booking fee is not going to Hibs as is evidenced by them detailing clearly that print at home and mobile is free...........

So ticketmaster are only charging Hibs for the few dozen 'Buy online and collect at ticket office' tickets sold each game but providing us with potentially 1000s of print at home/mobile tickets for free? That's awful good o thum :agree:

Hibs £1.50 charge is to entice people to move with technology and use the print at home and mobile options, i can see sense in that as it will reduce admin costs for them.

Charging £1.50 booking fee per ticket for away games though is absolutely ripping the piss. However that's yet to be confirmed so will hold judgement on that one until later...

hibbyfraelibby
24-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Charging £1.50 booking fee per ticket for away games though is absolutely ripping the piss. However that's yet to be confirmed so will hold judgement on that one until later...

Hibs make hee haw from selling you a ticket for an away game. No share of the gate just the additional cost of handling another clubs income. You want to put money in another rival clubs pocket fine but don't expect Hibs to subsidise you and by extension our rivals.

Now pass those Christmas humbugs before I go off on one.

CMurdoch
24-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Hibs make hee haw from selling you a ticket for an away game. No share of the gate just the additional cost of handling another clubs income. You want to put money in another rival clubs pocket fine but don't expect Hibs to subsidise you and by extension our rivals.

The £1.50 service fee for each away ticket will go in ticket *******s pocket. It's what they do.

wookie70
24-12-2019, 03:24 PM

That cost is reciprocated though by the other clubs.

£34 for Tiny is daylight robbery without adding another £1.50 on. I support trying to makes the e-ticket and print and home options the default choices. Hopefully that will give the ticket staff more time to sort out all teh season tickets that are failing to scan properly every home game.

I'm not sure I would describe the scanners at the game as an upgrade and the online experience has not really improved up until the Derby where many thought it was better. I suspect the American business model of ripping every penny you can out of fans will be the norm from now on. Perhaps we will see a charge for season tickets that lets you get in the queue for Derby tickets before those not paying like the theme parks.

hibbysam
24-12-2019, 03:49 PM
That cost is reciprocated though by the other clubs.

£34 for Tiny is daylight robbery without adding another £1.50 on. I support trying to makes the e-ticket and print and home options the default choices. Hopefully that will give the ticket staff more time to sort out all teh season tickets that are failing to scan properly every home game.

I'm not sure I would describe the scanners at the game as an upgrade and the online experience has not really improved up until the Derby where many thought it was better. I suspect the American business model of ripping every penny you can out of fans will be the norm from now on. Perhaps we will see a charge for season tickets that lets you get in the queue for Derby tickets before those not paying like the theme parks.

Are folk still having issues getting in? I’ve never had any issues, and not seen any posts on here regards problems at the turnstiles for a long while.

Finally the hearts games are the only real ones we have issues with TM, the fact it was far better this time around shows the club have listened and made our concerns heard.

hibby6270
24-12-2019, 04:07 PM
Am I missing something here? There’s no mention of purchasing online and having access added to the Season Ticket card, which has been a free option up until now.
Or is that now lumped in to the generic “bought online” category and will be charged £1-50?

hibbyfraelibby
24-12-2019, 04:29 PM
The £1.50 service fee for each away ticket will go in ticket *******s pocket. It's what they do.

Not how it works when we handle another teams sales but hey these humbugs are tasty

wookie70
24-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Are folk still having issues getting in? I’ve never had any issues, and not seen any posts on here regards problems at the turnstiles for a long while.

Finally the hearts games are the only real ones we have issues with TM, the fact it was far better this time around shows the club have listened and made our concerns heard.

One out of my four season tickets has been declined in two of the last three games. Both times kids were on one side of the turnstile and me on the other. Stewards terrible first time but very good next. The first time I stood for 20 minutes in the ticket queue with about 100 others and missed the start of the game. I find the new scanners are harder to use and less reliable.

I got tickets for Tiny. I have got them every time so far since they were a hot item. The system wasn't any better or worse from my point of view but there seemed to be consensus that it was better.

hibbysam
24-12-2019, 11:20 PM
One out of my four season tickets has been declined in two of the last three games. Both times kids were on one side of the turnstile and me on the other. Stewards terrible first time but very good next. The first time I stood for 20 minutes in the ticket queue with about 100 others and missed the start of the game. I find the new scanners are harder to use and less reliable.

I got tickets for Tiny. I have got them every time so far since they were a hot item. The system wasn't any better or worse from my point of view but there seemed to be consensus that it was better.

I’m probably just ignorant to any issues as I’ve genuinely not even had an ounce of issues with the new system.

I found it far better, knowing place in the queue, estimated time of getting in, and also being able to leave your email address to get an email when it’s your slot, a far better Customer interface rather than staring at the ‘grey circle of death’ - all in my opinion of course.

mim
25-12-2019, 12:49 PM
There’s no print at home or mobile option for away games, so those tickets look like having the booking fee added.

Home tickets shouldn’t see as many fees given the free alternative options to paper ticket

Seemingly there is a mobile option for Livi.

From Official site:

"Just choose your seat, your ticket type, create an account and pay – making sure to take advantage of the mobile ticketing option."

CMurdoch
25-12-2019, 01:07 PM

From Official site:

"Just choose your seat, your ticket type, create an account and pay – making sure to take advantage of the mobile ticketing option."

Thanks Mim

SquashedFrogg
25-12-2019, 01:21 PM

From Official site:

Can't see Livi tickets online?

Keith_M
25-12-2019, 01:33 PM

Most away games don't really require an advance purchase, as we very rarely fill the away sections.

If anybody objects to the charge, they could just pay on the day

judas
25-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Top Class Hibs.

Is there any chance I could collect my ticket on match day, wait stressfully in a 30 min queue wondering if I can get into the game on time and then get to the turnstile and experience technical difficulties?

Would it then possible to place an order for two pies and two bovrils only to find that Hibs are too backward to accept debit card payments?

mim
25-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Can't see Livi tickets online?

Instructions on Hibs official site takes you to the Livi site.

Buy here in section J (https://livingstonfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=98&hash=qxWAVE_pZZSgM6i_rgZF3-hLJ8I1340).