PDA

View Full Version : The Murrayfield

BegbieHSC
23-12-2019, 01:12 PM
It was shut last derby. Is it open this time?

Bangkok Hibby
23-12-2019, 02:10 PM
A quick look at the website from far away Thailand suggests it's open from 12

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 02:14 PM
I spoke to a girl on reception before the last derby and she said ti would be decided on a 'game by game' basis from now on. Apparently there was a bit bother with people not taking a telling from bar staff, in the hotel itself rather than the tent outside, on the previous occasion so they made the decision not to open early for the last game.

Hibeewilly
23-12-2019, 02:47 PM
I can confirm that The Murrayfield Hotel is open for the game serving beer from 9am on Thursday morning:agree:

BegbieHSC
23-12-2019, 04:34 PM
I can confirm that The Murrayfield Hotel is open for the game serving beer from 9am on Thursday morning:agree:

Yassssssssss

Daniel 1875
23-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Anyone know if the Murrayfield Bar will be open? I’d read it had changed hands and was looking for new management back in the summer but unsure if its reopened and if so, if it’s going to open on Thursday.

Frazerbob
23-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Anyone know if the Murrayfield Bar will be open? I’d read it had changed hands and was looking for new management back in the summer but unsure if its reopened and if so, if it’s going to open on Thursday.

I think it only opens in the evening at the moment. May be different at weekends/holidays.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-12-2019, 05:41 PM

Is that you Mr Stendel? Happy Christmas! ☺

Cataplana
23-12-2019, 05:59 PM

I think it's open over the festive period, has a sign in the window calling it "The Murrayfield Pop Up.'

St Pauli Hibee
23-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Great that it's open from 9.00am, could get messy pre match mind you !!!

Daniel 1875
24-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Is that you Mr Stendel? Happy Christmas! ☺

Danke!

oconnors_strip
24-12-2019, 11:15 AM

It’s closed on Boxing Day

overdrive
24-12-2019, 11:40 AM

Looks like it is going for the female market now when I passed the other day.

Hermit Crab
24-12-2019, 07:46 PM
It’s closed on Boxing Day

Has this been closed permanently as it was shut the last time we played Hearts away? :dunno:

NthCarolinaHibs
24-12-2019, 08:28 PM
Has this been closed permanently as it was shut the last time we played Hearts away? :dunno:

Re opened at the end of November,and is open as a pop up bar till February,but any time I've passed,it's been very empty of customers..

Hermit Crab
24-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Re opened at the end of November,and is open as a pop up bar till February,but any time I've passed,it's been very empty of customers..

I always found it the fussier of the two pubs. Always seemed quite selective in who it let in while the Roseburn was the complete opposite and never seems to bother about fans being in and singing and dancing.