PDA

View Full Version : Kris Common: Hibs thugs think they’re a law unto themselves after Rangers Scottish Cu

BegbieHSC
23-12-2019, 11:13 AM
What an utter slaverer.!

Article below from the sun. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5097278/hibs-rangers-scottish-cup-kris-commons/

KRIS COMMONS insists the SFA set out the wrong message by failing to hammer Hibs for the Scottish Cup Final carnage against Rangers in 2016.
Gers star Borna Barisic was lucky to avoid serious injury after a glass bottle was hurled dangerously close to the crocked Croatian during Friday night’s clash in Edinburgh.

It’s the latest moment of shame at Easter Road after Ibrox captain James Tavernier and Celtic’s Scott Sinclair were targeted last season.

And ex-Hoops ace Commons believes the trouble all stems back to THAT Scottish Cup Final win at Hampden, where a fan brawl broke out on the pitch, but the SFA failed to take any action.

Writing in his Daily Mail column, he said: “There’s an element of the Hibs fanbase who seem to think that it’s still May 21, 2016 – and I’m not talking purely in terms of nostalgia.

“They seem to think they are a law unto themselves and you have to wonder how much of it stems from the carnage which followed their Scottish Cup final win over Rangers.

Or, more pertinently, how much of their antics over the past year or so have come from the authorities letting them off the hook that day at Hampden?

“In choosing not to throw the book at Hibs three years ago or hand them any sort of fine, the SFA set a terrible precedent.

“It’s no wonder, then, that some fans of the Easter Road club seem to think they can do whatever they want without any repercussions.

“They’ll get away with it because the country’s governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don’t want to know.

“Hibs are trying to tackle it with a new state-of-the-art CCTV system and they say they are doing all they can to identify the idiot who threw the glass bottle at Borna Barisic on Friday night.

“But what if they’re unsuccessful? Where do they go from there? Leeann Dempster says the club have invested a six-figure sum in this technology.

“If it fails to serve its purpose, then it won’t be long before politicians are making moves to try and hammer clubs with strict liability again.“

J-C
23-12-2019, 11:16 AM
One word "Dick".

Cataplana
23-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Where do you start?

overdrive
23-12-2019, 11:20 AM
He hates us because we sacked his boyfriend Lennon.

we are hibs
Wee fat boy has had a problem with hibs since his wee pal got the sack.

Carheenlea
Faux outrage in a Daily Mail column.

JXM73
23-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Opened ourselves up to this ***** with our behaviour, he has the point...the authorites turn their blind eyes on everything and hope the clubs sort it out....

But to refer back to scottish cup is just bizarre.... but still the dicks currently residing among the fans need weeding out.... be plenty more on display on thursday no doubt, what bizarre incident will occur..pineapple? Horses head?

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Hurrah for the Blackshirts.

jacomo
23-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Oh dear.

Quite liked KC in a Hibs shirt but he’s made an arse of himself there.

For the record pal: pitch invasions have been an end of season tradition for a long, long time... and when you’ve not won the Cup for 114 years it’s really not too much of a surprise that one happened at Hampden in 2016.

LaMotta
23-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Commons is an absolutely brutal pundit, can barely string 2 sentences together and rarely says anything insightful.

Amazing that he is managing to carve some sort of media career out.

Onceinawhile
23-12-2019, 11:34 AM
“If it fails to serve its purpose, then it won’t be long before politicians are making moves to try and hammer clubs with strict liability again.“

Here's the crux of it.

He's worried rangers or celtic might actually get punished for their constant sectarian singing and fan's loutish behaviour.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 11:35 AM
I just said on another thread ourselves and Hearts are easy targets for this type of 'outrage'.

There's no real interest in tackling the Celtic and Rangers problem, the tribalism and hatred is arguably even good for business, but we are high profile enough to be newsworthy when we open ourselves up to this type of nonsense. Commons dig about the authorities 'turning a blind eye' is astounding given what the Glasgow two get away with every week but it's not unexpected.

The 'other 10' won't say or do anything about it either and they won't challenge this type of rant. A few thousand bums on seats and the cheque that goes with it are more important.

Cameron1875
23-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Wow. I've always wished the club could be firmer with some of the press coverage we get especially from the Sun and the Daily Record.

Commons can get himself to ****.

Jim44
23-12-2019, 11:46 AM
They’ll get away with it because the country’s governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don’t want to know.

That’ll be the same governing body that also turns a blind eye and deaf ear to the ugly sister antics and chanting sectarian songs of hatred and violence about each other. They absolutely hate each other but have an unwritten bond to accept and ignore their mutual misbehaviour.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Used to think he was alright but he can GTF after that.

How come the majority of the arrests on 21.05.16 were Rangers fans, Kris?

Clown. :bye:

The Harp Awakes
23-12-2019, 12:03 PM
This intervention reminds me why I never buy or read newspapers any more. What a d1ck. He's getting as bad as his mate Davie Provo.

hibsbollah
23-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Oh dear.

Since452
23-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Bottom line is we leave ourselves open to articles like that as long as morons are throwing things from the stands.

Waxy
23-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Wow Kris Commons.Dont go for a career in writing or telling the truth.You’re useless at both.

CloudSquall
23-12-2019, 12:15 PM
It's the typical "sensationalist" ***** that thick as **** ex football players write up for The Sun that tries to dress it up as intellectual analysis of the state of the game in Scotland.

Groathillgrump
23-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Embarrassing stuff from Commons.

Always thought he was one of the worst pundits around and that particular bar isn't set very high!

SMAXXA
23-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Slavering can’t irrelevant

dchibs
23-12-2019, 12:21 PM
They’ll get away with it because the country’s governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don’t want to know.

That’ll be the same governing body that also turns a blind eye and deaf ear to the ugly sister antics and chanting sectarian songs of hatred and violence about each other. They absolutely hate each other but have an unwritten bond to accept and ignore their mutual misbehaviour.

Yes come on Kris lets hear your views on the SfA about this.

.Sean.
23-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Fat little weasel. Does he forget that probably the neddiest, jakiest and most bigoted support in Scotland used to pay his wages? 😂 Hypocrite

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Bottom line is we leave ourselves open to articles like that as long as morons are throwing things from the stands.

We do.

However it's worth balancing that by saying Hibs, and Hearts, are at least taking steps to address the issue. Expensive upgrades to CCTV, immediate condemnation of the behaviour and closing areas of the ground. Whoever threw that bottle will be identified and banned. Can the same be said of the SFA, SPFL, Celtic and Rangers when it comes to sectarianism or other anti social behaviours?

There seems little balance in the article. It's sensationalist drivel playing to the crowd. Exactly what you would expect from Scottish football journalism sadly.

Jones28
23-12-2019, 12:26 PM
This is the kind of ***** that incidents like Friday spawn. I’m sorry but until this idiot is caught and banned from ER this will keep happening.

The same can be said for the guy that chucked the bottle.

JXM73
23-12-2019, 12:28 PM
If the culprit is caught our PR needs to go on the offensive, condemning the culprit and saying our system works what are he spfl doing about sectarianism etc...right now were an easy target...

Northernhibee
23-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Similarly, if the little tosspots keep acting up in high profile we don’t have articles like this one.

KC is an arse but we have a small minority who keep providing fuel for the media.

Smartie
23-12-2019, 12:36 PM
We've had ar5eholes amongst our support for about as long as we've been existence and probably always will.

This incident needs to be treated on its individual merits, and treated very seriously.

The article is the biggest load of pish that has ever been written about us, and that is saying something.

ekhibee
23-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Similarly, if the little tosspots keep acting up in high profile we don’t have articles like this one.

KC is an arse but we have a small minority who keep providing fuel for the media.

Totally agree. Also I'm still waiting for some other pundit to come out and say 'it's a society thing', quite a few of them use that one.

Saint Hibee
23-12-2019, 01:14 PM
He’s just a fat Lee Wallace.

dchibs
23-12-2019, 01:23 PM
If the culprit is caught our PR needs to go on the offensive, condemning the culprit and saying our system works what are he spfl doing about sectarianism etc...right now were an easy target...

I think we also need to catch the culprits who also think its ok to throw lighters,coins and drinks onto the pitch also.

neil7908
23-12-2019, 01:29 PM
We as a club have tried to act to prevent this without any external body penalising us.

What we have his beloved Celtic or Sevco done about their owns fans rampant sectarianism? I'll tell you what, they actively encouraged it and profited from it for decades, and now when absolutely necessary will come out with a vague statement, usually pointing fingers at other clubs.

How many times have Sevco and Celtic been punished by UEFA? What are they doing to stop it happening again?

A Hi-Bee
23-12-2019, 01:29 PM
He’s just a fat Lee Wallace.

Naw he just has to try and keep relivent to keep his media work going, not going to pay much attention to what Kris says or any other so called media pundit.

jax67
23-12-2019, 01:33 PM

Yep, our louts are allowing this kind of response with their behaviour

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Why are you all getting so angry about what KC has said in a newspaper column? It's irrelevant, it's just noise.

The real issue is that someone could have killed a fellow Hibs supporter or a player with that bottle on Friday. It was thrown from high in the stands and missed the player by 2 feet .... but what about their sectarian singing!

Make no mistake it is game on for Hibs new CCTV system.
This is the why it was purchased. There is a lot riding on this.
If it shows the culprit we are onto something and the club can turn a negative into a positive by showing everyone that we are all over this.
If it doesn't it will be a sad day because it will mean we are no closer to solving this hellish problem.
FWIW my money is on the CCTV to produce the image and for the Police or Hibs supporters to identify the bawbag.

Chorley Hibee
23-12-2019, 02:05 PM

Couldn't agree more, hope the ******** is caught too, but it's now time for our board to begin fighting the corner of the vast majority of our support.

I won't hold my breath.

jacomo
23-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Why are you all getting so angry about what KC has said in a newspaper column? It's irrelevant, it's just noise.

The real issue is that someone could have killed a fellow Hibs supporter or a player with that bottle on Friday. It was thrown from high in the stands and missed the player by 2 feet .... but what about their sectarian singing!

Make no mistake it is game on for Hibs new CCTV system.
This is the why it was purchased. There is a lot riding on this.
If it shows the culprit we are onto something and the club can turn a negative into a positive by evidencing prove to everyone that we are all over this.
If it doesn't it will be a sad day because it will mean we are no closer to solving this hellish problem.
FWIW my money is on the CCTV to produce the image and for the Police or Hibs supporters to identify the bawbag.

KC criticising the idiot who threw a bottle? Fair comment.

Linking it to some wider narrative about the pitch invasion of 2016? Laughable and plain wrong.

He can have his opinions. We can have our opinions on his opinions too.

Onion
23-12-2019, 02:56 PM
What a shock .. ex-OF player wringing his hands complaining about the symptoms of sectarianism, failing to condemn the root cause. And so it goes on. The OF are the scourge of society, create 10x as much hatred and bother all other football clubs in Scotland put together but the media and OF apologists latch onto any incident that allows them to deflect and deflect.

Hibs have taken action in the past, have committed to taking future action and spent a high proportion of their income putting in new systems to help eradicate the problem... all while Celtic and Sevco actively promote and encourage hatred and bigotry through their shameful inaction. History will judge these OF mouth-pieces who, in the meantime, are best ignored.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2019, 03:10 PM
He's doing his doctorate on how politically correct, law abiding and inoffensive the green brigade are so we'll have to wait a bit longer to read that one.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

lucky
23-12-2019, 03:59 PM
No Hibs fans actually think they’ll get away with anything unlike the Old Firm. Rangers sang bigoted songs and police and stewards would not even remove their flags from the advertising boards. KC is playing to this Glasgow masters. But some Hibs fans need to calm down as we are an easy target. But has anyone ever been pulled up for the lying reporting that went on? Chick Young claimed he saw a Rangers player get hit with a belt!! Commons is just making a fool of himself

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2019, 04:41 PM
This is all the thanks we get for trying to help resurrect his flagging playing career

Next thing he’ll be saying The Rangers fans showed remarkable restraint on that great day :greengrin

theonlywayisup
23-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Reinforced, bomb proof, tin hat on, but maybe we should spend more time addressing the troublemakers in our support who tarnish the good name of our club and then we can spend less time worrying about what the media say about it.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Reinforced, bomb proof, tin hat on, but maybe we should spend more time addressing the troublemakers in our support who tarnish the good name of our club and then we can spend less time worrying about what the media say about it.

:agree:

Ninety minutes of vile sectarian singing and constant abuse cancelled out by one idiot throwing a half boatil o voddy at a Rangers player despite repeated warnings from the club

NUTS!

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 04:52 PM

I don't think I have seen a single person on here defend or condone the throwing of a bottle on the park. Likewise the alleged racism at a derby last season was roundly condemned. As a club Hibs have taken several steps to address this kind of thing as well.

I think it's both possible, and correct, that we tackle issues in our own support whilst still pointing out the rampant hypocrisy in the gutter press in their reporting.

Vault Boy
23-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Commons and Boyd are objectively **** pundits.

Not even in reference to this sorry excuse for bogroll masquerading as an article, just in general.

Smartie
23-12-2019, 05:14 PM
I don't think I have seen a single person on here defend or condone the throwing of a bottle on the park. Likewise the alleged racism at a derby last season was roundly condemned. As a club Hibs have taken several steps to address this kind of thing as well.

I think it's both possible, and correct, that we tackle issues in our own support whilst still pointing out the rampant hypocrisy in the gutter press in their reporting.

I’d go as far as to say the throwing of glass bottles is head and shoulders above every other unacceptable action to have happened in a Hibs ground during my time following them (I am of the post CS gas era).

The person chucking that is very lucky it didn’t hit anyone. Imagine the Sevco end if that bottle had sconed their player on the head and done the damage it had the potential to? There would have been a riot.

judas
23-12-2019, 05:37 PM
What an utter slaverer.!

Article below from the sun. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5097278/hibs-rangers-scottish-cup-kris-commons/

KRIS COMMONS insists the SFA set out the wrong message by failing to hammer Hibs for the Scottish Cup Final carnage against Rangers in 2016.
Gers star Borna Barisic was lucky to avoid serious injury after a glass bottle was hurled dangerously close to the crocked Croatian during Friday night’s clash in Edinburgh.

It’s the latest moment of shame at Easter Road after Ibrox captain James Tavernier and Celtic’s Scott Sinclair were targeted last season.

And ex-Hoops ace Commons believes the trouble all stems back to THAT Scottish Cup Final win at Hampden, where a fan brawl broke out on the pitch, but the SFA failed to take any action.

Writing in his Daily Mail column, he said: “There’s an element of the Hibs fanbase who seem to think that it’s still May 21, 2016 – and I’m not talking purely in terms of nostalgia.

“They seem to think they are a law unto themselves and you have to wonder how much of it stems from the carnage which followed their Scottish Cup final win over Rangers.

Or, more pertinently, how much of their antics over the past year or so have come from the authorities letting them off the hook that day at Hampden?

“In choosing not to throw the book at Hibs three years ago or hand them any sort of fine, the SFA set a terrible precedent.

“It’s no wonder, then, that some fans of the Easter Road club seem to think they can do whatever they want without any repercussions.

“They’ll get away with it because the country’s governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don’t want to know.

“Hibs are trying to tackle it with a new state-of-the-art CCTV system and they say they are doing all they can to identify the idiot who threw the glass bottle at Borna Barisic on Friday night.

“But what if they’re unsuccessful? Where do they go from there? Leeann Dempster says the club have invested a six-figure sum in this technology.

Apologies mate. You lost me at The Sun.

I don’t read articles from that disgrace, even when they have been copied and pasted by others.

Think it says something about the folk who do read the paper.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-12-2019, 05:41 PM
See you next Tuesday Commons
Clearly wants to be the next Sutton for talking pro old firm rubbish
Bolt pal

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2019, 05:44 PM
I’d go as far as to say the throwing of glass bottles is head and shoulders above every other unacceptable action to have happened in a Hibs ground during my time following them (I am of the post CS gas era).

The person chucking that is very lucky it didn’t hit anyone. Imagine the Sevco end if that bottle had sconed their player on the head and done the damage it had the potential to? There would have been a riot.

:greengrin

See this written a lot, how many riots have you seen at a football match in your life?

Smartie
23-12-2019, 05:49 PM

See this written a lot, how many riots have you seen at a football match in your life?

How many players have you seen skelped over the head with a glass bottle though?

I was talking about a hypothetical situation, and a player being hit with a bottle would be bad enough.

They were quick enough to come onto the Hampden pitch to “protect their players”. If one of their own had been hit with a glass bottle then good luck to the minimum wage stewards keeping that lot under control.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2019, 06:00 PM
How many players have you seen skelped over the head with a glass bottle though?

I was talking about a hypothetical situation, and a player being hit with a bottle would be bad enough.

They were quick enough to come onto the Hampden pitch to “protect their players”. If one of their own had been hit with a glass bottle then good luck to the minimum wage stewards keeping that lot under control.

I have never seen any player hit by a bottle over the head, but even if it did happen, i doubt very much we'd see a riot, as we dont tend to see riots at football.

Yorkshire HFC
23-12-2019, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;6024780]I just said on another thread ourselves and Hearts are easy targets for this type of 'outrage'.

And we'll stay easy targets as long as morons throw bottles at players. I hope we do get severely punished - and that it stops these incidents from happening.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 06:30 PM
And we'll stay easy targets as long as morons throw bottles at players. I hope we do get severely punished - and that it stops these incidents from happening.

I hope we don't get severely punished, I hope the person who threw the bottle is severely punished.

EI255
23-12-2019, 06:37 PM
What an absolute idiot. I used to quite like this guy. Not any more. Think before you come out with rubbish like that next time Commons. Totally unfounded comments.

Was it OK for Rangers fans to wreck Amsterdam pubs the other week and damage outside cafés?

Just remember, your old club and their old blue friends have and always have had THE most shocking supports in Scotland and most of the UK.

Commons, you are a FUD!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
23-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Commons is an absolutely brutal pundit, can barely string 2 sentences together and rarely says anything insightful.

Amazing that he is managing to carve some sort of media career out.He'll never make a serious pundit. He's not got a brain.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
23-12-2019, 06:46 PM
We do.

However it's worth balancing that by saying Hibs, and Hearts, are at least taking steps to address the issue. Expensive upgrades to CCTV, immediate condemnation of the behaviour and closing areas of the ground. Whoever threw that bottle will be identified and banned. Can the same be said of the SFA, SPFL, Celtic and Rangers when it comes to sectarianism or other anti social behaviours?

There seems little balance in the article. It's sensationalist drivel playing to the crowd. Exactly what you would expect from Scottish football journalism sadly.

All Commons is doing is drawing attention to his severe case of diarrhoea at the MSM Media Care Home for clapped out Old Firm Twats. We should be sympathetic. Nurse!

Yorkshire HFC
23-12-2019, 06:54 PM
I hope we don't get severely punished, I hope the person who threw the bottle is severely punished.

You think that will stop it from happening again?

I dont know know what the punishment should be, but it needs to be a deterrent. I remember what going to the football was like in the 70s and 80s, and I don't want to go back to that - if it does then I'll just become an armchair fan.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 07:01 PM

I dont know know what the punishment should be, but it needs to be a deterrent. I remember what going to the football was like in the 70s and 80s, and I don't want to go back to that - if it does then I'll just become an armchair fan.

I don't think punishing either the club or individual more severely will stop something similar happening again. If your mentality is to chuck a bottle on the park then worrying about the potential repercussions is unlikely to be at the forefront of your mind.

The going rate for such an act is a lengthy ban, potentially lifetime, and it hasn't stopped it this time. Hibs losing 6 points or having to play a game behind closed doors would likely have the same effect. None whatsoever.

Hibs have and are continuing to act on this type of behaviour. We don't need a washed up ex pro trying to forge a career in the media lecturing us.

hibbydog
23-12-2019, 07:03 PM
It’s fairly obvious that he’s paid, and actively encouraged, to be controversial by the red top tabloids and BT sport.

File him next under the ‘best ignored’ pile next to Chris Sutton and Katie Hopkins. I’m not paying attention to attention seekers.

People in the media are known to look in on fans forums to see how their drivel has went down.

I refuse to give the ******** what they want.

CentreLine
23-12-2019, 07:20 PM

Actually this is more than noise and there are good grounds for being angry. This sort of unguarded and extreme comment about what is clearly a criminal investigation can have serious consequences. The way that these individuals, with way too much exposure, are given a national platform and let their bellies rumble is ridiculous.

There are now at least four people subject to police investigation. These idiots in the press risk prejudicing any court proceedings. It can lead to innocent people being convicted or to guilty people being set free as the court may take the view the fairness of any trial may be compromised. The time for comment is surely after any court proceedings or when it becomes clear that nobody will be identified.

Davy Mac
23-12-2019, 07:50 PM
You have to laugh at this prat, empty bottles of vodka thrown at fans was a frequent occurrence at Ipox/Darkheid on every visit since I was a laddie.

Double standards and typical denial from an old firm dud, his opinion means nowt, he's irrelevant.

2016 was iconic and will never be repeated but chucking stuff on the park is guaranteed to happen again at the big 4 grounds.

Don't condone it but a bit of drama boy all the same.

Commons you were tolies anyway.

Weegreenman
23-12-2019, 07:55 PM
What a ****in little prick! **** right off KC.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Actually this is more than noise and there are good grounds for being angry. This sort of unguarded and extreme comment about what is clearly a criminal investigation can have serious consequences. The way that these individuals, with way too much exposure, are given a national platform and let their bellies rumble is ridiculous.

There are now at least four people subject to police investigation. These idiots in the press risk prejudicing any court proceedings. It can lead to innocent people being convicted or to guilty people being set free as the court may take the view the fairness of any trial may be compromised. The time for comment is surely after any court proceedings or when it becomes clear that nobody will be identified.

How are they going to prejudice court proceedings?

it rolls as follows
1. Friday - match and incidents occurred
2. Saturday & Sunday - club view CCTV
3. Monday - club pass on images and footage of the culprits to the police
4. Tuesday onwards - Police identify the bawbags, capture them and charge them, send report to the PF, bawbags summoned to court, plead guilty or not guilty, guilty equals background reports then sentenced, not guilty equals trial date set then trial where the evidence including the stills and footage are presented, bawbag solicitor tries to argue person in image is not his client, sheriff decides if the pf has proved that the person in the image is the accused.
Slavering in the press like Commons does not prejudice these cases, the trial etc etc. As for your drivel about innocent and guilty people wtf. This ain't no case built on circumstantial evidence. It is all going to be about identifying the dufusses in the footage and stills.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2019, 08:04 PM
What if late kickoffs were found to have a link?

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 08:15 PM

Punishing the club won't stop the idiots who think it's acceptable to bring in a glass bottle and lob it onto the pitch.

Only lifetime bans and jail sentences will stop that.

Crab apple
23-12-2019, 08:22 PM
It’s pretty obvious he’s very limited as a pundit and him and Boyd are why I much prefer BT’s Scottish coverage to Sky. I didn’t know he wrote a newspaper column and after reading his ramblings it’s clear I’ve not been missing anything. Absolute slaver. Bizarre how he’s linked 2016 (when Hibs fans were not the aggressors) to the bottle incident.

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2019, 08:34 PM
It’s pretty obvious he’s very limited as a pundit and him and Boyd are why I much prefer BT’s Scottish coverage to Sky. I didn’t know he wrote a newspaper column and after reading his ramblings it’s clear I’ve not been missing anything. Absolute slaver. Bizarre how he’s linked 2016 (when Hibs fans were not the aggressors) to the bottle incident.
Hibs fans definitely were the aggressors. A good few nuggets ran right towards the Hun support.

Frankhfc
23-12-2019, 08:43 PM
It was a very poor and crass analogy made by Commons. He's conflating two very different and separate events and comes across as a pure knobend.

No-one I know thinks the Scottish Cup win and subsequent pitch invasion is in anyway connected to a bottle being thrown onto the pitch some two and three quarter years later.

Some would call him a blethering skite.

The 90+2
23-12-2019, 08:44 PM
Commons can do one.

Captain Trips
23-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Pure bollox. Move on.

Radium
23-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster said in a statement: "The scenes witnessed at Easter Road were as depressing as they were unacceptable. Once again, a small number of so-called fans have tarnished our game and like all genuine supporters the SPFL utterly condemns their actions.

"It's extremely encouraging to see the significant investment which Hibernian FC have made in a state-of-the-art CCTV system paying off. Their ability to identify the alleged perpetrators so swiftly is great news for the game and I want to congratulate [Hibs chief executive] Leeann Dempster for her robust approach to this issue."

Trying hard not to agree with a statement from Donkey but this seems quite balanced.

Utterly predictable that some in the media are going overboard with uninformed rubbish but there’s a Glasgow derby coming up so it will be forgotten about soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 09:00 PM
It was a very poor and crass analogy made by Commons. He's conflating two very different and separate events and comes across as a pure knobend.

No-one I know thinks the Scottish Cup win and subsequent pitch invasion is in anyway connected to a bottle being thrown onto the pitch some two and three quarter years later.

Some would call him a blethering skite.

3 and a half years later.

Frankhfc
23-12-2019, 09:10 PM
3 and a half years later.

I'd prefer that you'd agree with me that he was a blethering skite but thanks for correcting me on the timeline anyhow.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 09:12 PM
I'd prefer that you'd agree with me that he was a blethering skite but thanks for correcting me on the timeline anyhow.

Time flies when you're having fun.

Crab apple
23-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Hibs fans definitely were the aggressors. A good few nuggets ran right towards the Hun support.

I can see why you’d come to that conclusion.

Frankhfc
23-12-2019, 09:14 PM

Time flies when you're having fun.

It sure does.

:aok:

Mixu62
23-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Faux outrage in a Daily Mail column.

If the Daily Heil told me Hibs play in green I'd check the Hibs official site to check.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster said in a statement: "The scenes witnessed at Easter Road were as depressing as they were unacceptable. Once again, a small number of so-called fans have tarnished our game and like all genuine supporters the SPFL utterly condemns their actions.

"It's extremely encouraging to see the significant investment which Hibernian FC have made in a state-of-the-art CCTV system paying off. Their ability to identify the alleged perpetrators so swiftly is great news for the game and I want to congratulate [Hibs chief executive] Leeann Dempster for her robust approach to this issue."

Trying hard not to agree with a statement from Donkey but this seems quite balanced.

Utterly predictable that some in the media are going overboard with uninformed rubbish but there’s a Glasgow derby coming up so it will be forgotten about soon

A big relief for all concerned that the new CCTV has done the business. It has paid for itself already if we get a conviction for the bottle thrower.
Another good decision by Leanne to spend the money to install it whilst loads on here were calling her all sorts because we could have spent that £100k on a player.
Wish she had spent more and we couldn't have afforded Vela.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 09:25 PM

Sorry I really should have addressed your main point and I agree with you.

Commons is talking utter nonsense.

Alfred E Newman
23-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately I the brain dead idiot that threw the bottle has given the media hacks, who have little or no affection for us already, yet another chance to have a free pop. The stuff that was getting lobbed into the West Stand, the sectarian singing, the behaviour of the Rangers bench all able to be conveniently brushed under the carpet courtesy of that clown.

Vault Boy
23-12-2019, 09:54 PM

Completely reasonable statement and positive to hear that the CCTV has done its job.

Now to let justice run its course.

Joe6-2
23-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Kris Clown

stoneyburn hibs
23-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Welt

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Completely reasonable statement and positive to hear that the CCTV has done its job.

Now to let justice run its course.

Have the SPL chiefs called out the poppy thieves in identifying the thug who hit Lennon with a coin when he was in charge of us? Thought not

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2019, 07:01 AM
I can see why you’d come to that conclusion.

Certainly don't blame them, years of sectarian signing is plenty provocation.

neil7908
24-12-2019, 07:16 AM

Wow, a measured and sensible statement from Neil Doncaster. Is this a sign of the Apocalypse?

weecounty hibby
24-12-2019, 07:45 AM
The bottle throwing arse has taken away a chance of us taking the moral high ground. On a weekend where racism us big in the news in England. The sectarian (racist) singing from the Hun on Friday is ignored. 90 minutes of bigotry and hatred but not mentioned due to some utter dicks who can't/won't behave. A missed opportunity

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2019, 07:56 AM
The bottle throwing arse has taken away a chance of us taking the moral high ground. On a weekend where racism us big in the news in England. The sectarian (racist) singing from the Hun on Friday is ignored. 90 minutes of bigotry and hatred but not mentioned due to some utter dicks who can't/won't behave. A missed opportunity

Agree but some on here would have you believe they they never heard a sectarian peep and quite enjoyed the Hun singalong

:confused:

Northernhibee
24-12-2019, 09:26 AM

Agree but some on here would have you believe they they never heard a sectarian peep and quite enjoyed the Hun singalong

:confused:

Who's that?

I'm personally raging that four little neds have taken our chance away of taking the moral high ground and calling it out.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Who's that?

I'm personally raging that four little neds have taken our chance away of taking the moral high ground and calling it out.
Check the sectarian singing thread

Four little neds?

Did they catch the culprits?

Northernhibee
24-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Check the sectarian singing thread

Four little neds?

Did they catch the culprits?

Four identified by CCTV.

Which thread? There have been plenty but until we get our own house in order the club can't go and release statements about it and our manager will have to spend press conferences talking about fan behaviour.

Let's focus on getting that sorted first and then we can begin on taking the moral high ground, otherwise we'll only be accused of double standards etc. etc. etc. and the message will be completely lost.

Phil MaGlass
24-12-2019, 09:43 AM

It was never ever a missed opportunity, there would never have been a comment from Doncaster denouncing their bigots.

Heids in the sand, it´s the Scottish (polis,SFA,SPFL etc,etc...) way

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Four identified by CCTV.

Which thread? There have been plenty but until we get our own house in order the club can't go and release statements about it and our manager will have to spend press conferences talking about fan behaviour.

Let's focus on getting that sorted first and then we can begin on taking the moral high ground, otherwise we'll only be accused of double standards etc. etc. etc. and the message will be completely lost.
Agree

Keith_M
24-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Not in any way trying to divert attention from the bottle throwing idiot(s) but what exactly can we do to stop people like that?

:dunno:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Zip it tubs.

matty_f
24-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Twitter poll about it here (caution, bad language)

https://twitter.com/longbangers/status/1209427815051005955?s=21

Northernhibee
24-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Not in any way trying to divert attention from the bottle throwing idiot(s) but what exactly can we do to stop people like that?

:dunno:

Call them out on it. If you're not comfortable with that, tell a steward that you've seen someone take a glass bottle in, or someone's getting coked out of their nuts in the toilets.

We all get tarred with the same brush by the media so it's only right that we call out the roasters in our support, then let the stewards deal with it.

Vault Boy
24-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Have the SPL chiefs called out the poppy thieves in identifying the thug who hit Lennon with a coin when he was in charge of us? Thought not

Why are you asking me?

Chorley Hibee
24-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Four identified by CCTV.

Hibs have had countless opportunities to deal with sectarianism, or call others out for it, and done absolutely nothing.

Still waiting on our board commenting on the vile sectarian abuse both Stubbs and Lennon were victim of.

Our silence is part of the problem.

Northernhibee
24-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Hibs have had countless opportunities to deal with sectarianism, or call others out for it, and done absolutely nothing.

Still waiting on our board commenting on the vile sectarian abuse both Stubbs and Lennon were victim of.

Our inability to get through most category A games without some sort of talking point afterwards is another part of the problem.

Chorley Hibee
24-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Our inability to get through most category A games without some sort of talking point afterwards is another part of the problem.

I agree to an extent, but why the failure to deal with both?

As I said, there's been numerous occasions Hibs' hands have been clean, yet still done nothing about the behaviour of Old Firm fans in our own ground.

Northernhibee
24-12-2019, 12:45 PM
I agree to an extent, but why the failure to deal with both?

As I said, there's been numerous occasions Hibs' hands have been clean, yet still done nothing about the behaviour of Old Firm fans in our own ground.

It's not just about getting through one game though, is it? It's about our fans being consistently well behaved.

I'm not saying that it's right, quite the opposite, but we need to get our own house in order before we speak out as we'll get accused of double standards and the message will be drowned out.

If we see someone with a glass bottle in the stadium, we can report it. Same if someone throws a lighter, or someone's coked up and making a complete tit out of our support. Individually we can do something about it, then the club can do something about it but right now we can't.

weecounty hibby
24-12-2019, 01:09 PM
It was never ever a missed opportunity, there would never have been a comment from Doncaster denouncing their bigots.

Heids in the sand, it´s the Scottish (polis,SFA,SPFL etc,etc...) way
I disagree. Our club could have really made a stand about sectarian singing, especially on the back of the furore in England about racism. That opportunity went the minute the Moron threw the bottle. Any possible chance went when that happened. It then opened the floodgates about how big bad Hibbies are the worst fans in Scotland.

weecounty hibby
24-12-2019, 01:11 PM

I agree but the issue in England has really brought this to the fore, but we shot ourselves in the foot

CMurdoch
24-12-2019, 02:30 PM

The point is that neither Hibs nor Hearts had CCTV with the capability of identifying the culprits involved in the Sinclair and Lennon incidents.

As a result Leanne and Mrs Budge addressed that issue at their respective clubs and this week our new CCTV system appears to have stepped up to the plate big time.
The new CCTV is not a golden bullet but it is a game-changer with the opportunity for erses to commit acts of violence at Easter Road and get away with it having reduced greatly.
Hibs, this fan and the football authorities think this is cause for celebration and puts the blame back firmly on the individual committing the act of violence.
Hope the bottle thrower is slaughtered by the courts.

P.S. Make no mistake, the Sinclair near miss was by far the worst incident and could easily have killed the Celtic player. Watch it back online and see the force that the bucky bottle hits the ground. Some Hibs fans must have seen who threw that bottle and failed to identify the culprit. Hibs and their fans were rightly slaughtered for it but our Chief Executive should be lauded for the expensive fix she put in place. That fix was far from popular on here. Merry Christmas Leanne.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2019, 02:46 PM
The point is that neither Hibs nor Hearts had CCTV with the capability of identifying the culprits involved in the Sinclair and Lennon incidents.

As a result Leanne and Mrs Budge addressed that issue at their respective clubs and this week our new CCTV system appears to have stepped up to the plate big time.
The new CCTV is not a golden bullet but it is a game-changer with the opportunity for erses to commit acts of violence at Easter Road and get away with it having reduced greatly.
Hibs, this fan and the football authorities think this is cause for celebration and puts the blame back firmly on the individual committing the act of violence.
Hope the bottle thrower is slaughtered by the courts.

P.S. Make no mistake, the Sinclair near miss was by far the worst incident and could easily have killed the Celtic player. Watch it back online and see the force that the bucky bottle hits the ground. Some Hibs fans must have seen who threw that bottle and failed to identify the culprit. Hibs and their fans were rightly slaughtered for it but our Chief Executive should be lauded for the expensive fix she put in place. That fix was far from popular on here. Merry Christmas Leanne.
Is this new fangled up to date CCTV in all parts of the Stadium i.e. The South Stand for example?

CMurdoch
24-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Is this new fangled up to date CCTV in all parts of the Stadium i.e. The South Stand for example?

Almost certainly so but it doesn't pick up sound if that's what you are getting at

Eyrie
24-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Almost certainly so but it doesn't pick up sound if that's what you are getting at

We can all hear what is being sung. So if it's a Sevco fan and its lips are moving, then it's sectarian singing. The only innocent ones are those with their mouths closed.

And I know that doesn't meet the standard of evidence rightly required for a court of law.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2019, 04:39 PM

I was and yes I knew that

Need to get our own house in order first :greengrin

pacorosssco
25-12-2019, 10:35 PM
The treatment hibs players suffered first leg play off v rangers at Ibrox is the worst seen in recent times. Players pelted at corners from many not one. Reference by commentators was haha this is getting silly. If this had happened ER we would have been hammered. Nothing was done and little reported in media

Viva_Palmeiras
25-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Kris (makes folks) Cross...

Seems he doesn’t limit his feather ruffling just to us...

https://celtsarehere.com/kris-commons-feels-wrath-of-these-celtic-fans-after-social-media-post/

Viva_Palmeiras
25-12-2019, 10:56 PM
The treatment hibs players suffered first leg play off v rangers at Ibrox is the worst seen in recent times. Players pelted at corners from many not one. Reference by commentators was haha this is getting silly. If this had happened ER we would have been hammered. Nothing was done and little reported in media

Exactamente

calamitus
26-12-2019, 01:03 AM
Commons takes tainted money from a right wing propaganda machine whose motto for decades was "Give them someone to hate'. He uses his fading minor celebrity to help spread this divisive poison through our society,and should be treated with the utter contempt he deserves.
That said, the guy who threw the bottle is an utter bellend.

basehibby
26-12-2019, 02:34 AM

I remember seeing that. Can't remember bottles but there was a veritable hailstorm of small objects - lighters and coins probably - at pretty much every Hibs corner. As you say I can't remember it even being mentioned in the press.

That gives no excuse though for the same idiocy from any Hibs fan and I'm really glad to hear the CCTV seems to have done it's job in identifying the roasters from Fri night - for whom I have not the slightest sympathy. Hopefully that puts out the message that such ********ry will not go unpunished at ER and we see the recent trend die out.

PS - What a pile of drivel from Kris Commons - arse!

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2019, 06:53 AM
I believe that as Hibernian supporters we have the god given right to do exactly as we please. But with such great licence, responsibility and restraint must be exercised. It’s a bit like Star Wars, universal theme, tempting by the darkness but choosing the path of righteousness etc etc