PDA

View Full Version : Beating them

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 08:31 AM
We’re owed a performance after that showing on Friday night.

This game has a huge significance for both sides but if we were to win, it really would be sweet considering were they lay currently.

C’mon Hibs, let’s ram it right up thum!

Del Boy
22-12-2019, 08:34 AM
We’re crap, they’re worse. 2-0 Hibs.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2019, 08:35 AM
If we want to kick on in the second half of the season we need six points in the next two games, simple as that.

If we beat them, they’re favourites for relegation IMO.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 08:36 AM
If we want to kick on in the second half of the season we need six points in the next two games, simple as that.

If we beat them, they’re favourites for relegation IMO.

Sweet 👌🏿

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2019, 08:38 AM
I shall try to enjoy Christmas and not think about it until the day. How many times have we failed to show up there? We will never have a better chance, given how bad they are, but it would be just so Hibs to hand them a belated Christmas present.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 08:38 AM

I think we can be crap but with players such as Boyle, Allan and Kamberi I think we can cause them major problems. Just as long as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot again.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 08:41 AM
I shall try to enjoy Christmas and not think about it until the day. How many times have we failed to show up there? We will never have a better chance, given how bad they are, but it would be just so Hibs to hand them a belated Christmas present.

I hear you, our record against them is nothing short of an embarrassment. The soft underbelly of every Hibs side who travel to Tynecastle seems to be exposed.
Surely the lads in the side have some pride and would want to start putting this right.

Since452
22-12-2019, 08:43 AM

Kind of where I am. We've looked poor against the the two best teams in the league by far but Hearts have looked poor against the two worst teams in the league other than themselves. We should be beating them.

neil7908
22-12-2019, 08:43 AM

Totally agree. We absolutely must win this. However, our record against them is poor and the pitch will be a factor.

Aldoo
22-12-2019, 08:44 AM
True but we need to realise that the Hearts team that plays against killie, Hamilton etc is NEVER the same team that plays against us.

They actually cheat their fans the way they get stuck into us but don’t replicate it against anyone else.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 08:47 AM
I won't be placing too much significance on two defeats in a row to the Glasgow teams when going into a game against the side bottom of the league. There's a huge difference between Celtic or Rangers and then Hearts.

What is a concern is that we have the second worst defence in the league and we also have a poor record at Tynecastle.

We should be going there with confidence and nothing other than a win will really be acceptable. It's one of the few games there where I won't be content with a draw.

CraigHibee
22-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Make no bones about it, hearts will up their game and play out of their skin for this, no matter how poor they've been performing they always up the ante against us.

G B Young
22-12-2019, 08:50 AM

Yep, on paper we should be able to win this with a degree of comfort but my ingrained psyche when it comes to derbies means I might actually take a draw if you offered me it. Pathetically negative I know but compared to a tame 1-0 defeat with Hibs failing to show up it would do me just fine.

hibbydog
22-12-2019, 08:50 AM
I hear you, our record against them is nothing short of an embarrassment. The soft underbelly of every Hibs side who travel to Tynecastle seems to be exposed.
Surely the lads in the side have some pride and would want to start putting this right.

Aye. Neil Lennon had us go there and fight, fight fight. I’m hoping Jack Ross anticipates this.

This will be a contest of willpower, fight and physicality on a boggy pitch. Blood and snotters stuff.

If there’s an outbreak of football, we should win.

Mon The Hibs

Since452
22-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Aye. Neil Lennon had us go there and fight, fight fight. I’m hoping Jack Ross anticipates this.

This will be a contest of willpower, fight and physicality on a boggy pitch. Blood and snotters stuff.

Mon The Hibs

Lennon also managed to bottle it there repeatedly by changing his team about and playing the occasion not the team. Heckingbottom saw through it last time

neil7908
22-12-2019, 08:54 AM
I won't be placing too much significance on two defeats in a row to the Glasgow teams when going into a game against the side bottom of the league. There's a huge difference between Celtic or Rangers and then Hearts.

What is a concern is that we have the second worst defence in the league and we also have a poor record at Tynecastle.

We should be going there with confidence and nothing other than a win will really be acceptable. It's one of the few games there where I won't be content with a draw.

I think the issue with the last few games isn't losing to the OF, it's the manner we've done so. Very little fight or passion and nothing going forward.

I don't expect to beat these Celtic and Rangers sides but the manager needs to set us up correctly and the players need to get motivated and up for the games.

The derby is a bigger game for Hearts than us given they clubs respective positions in the league. They will be up for it, knowing a win can kick start their season. The pitch will also be a massive help.

We absolutely should win this but even given the opposition, we need to be organised and prepared to fight, run and try to play football.

Nicho87
22-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Whenever a team is struggling we usually help them out.

Said it all last week, their result yesterday rubber stamps it.

1-0 hearts. Big window for JR.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2019, 09:00 AM

Much the same as when we played them at Easter Road. Although form goes out the window in these games, a home defeat would be an absolute disaster for Hearts and this has to be a must win for them. If we set up the side and approach the game based on the way that they have been playing, that might not be the best idea.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2019, 09:03 AM
We really should win this easily but its them we're playing and generally any team on the crest of a slump usually looks forward to Hibs rolling into town.

I'm going 3-1 the good guys regardless.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Stuart93
22-12-2019, 09:24 AM
It’s written in the stars for them to beat us.

Bangkok Hibby
22-12-2019, 09:26 AM

Huge window! Much work to be done. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet. 1-1

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 09:28 AM
I think the issue with the last few games isn't losing to the OF, it's the manner we've done so. Very little fight or passion and nothing going forward.

I don't expect to beat these Celtic and Rangers sides but the manager needs to set us up correctly and the players need to get motivated and up for the games.

The derby is a bigger game for Hearts than us given they clubs respective positions in the league. They will be up for it, knowing a win can kick start their season. The pitch will also be a massive help.

We absolutely should win this but even given the opposition, we need to be organised and prepared to fight, run and try to play football.

The pitch didn't help them last week against St Johnstone, they should have lost 3 or 4-0.

Diclonius
22-12-2019, 09:31 AM
In the last decade we've played Hearts eight times at Tynecastle while above them in the league. This is our record in those circumstances, presumably preceded with predictions along the lines of "we'll pump them, they're *****":

Won: 1
Drew: 2
Lost: 5

The stage is set, really, isn't it?

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Don’t see how it’s bigger for them. We lose we’ll be in the bottom 6 over the break, and only 7 (maximum) ahead of the playoff place. A win and we’re right back in the hunt for looking up the table. Make no mistake, these two games are absolutely huge for our season.

Eyrie
22-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Don’t see how it’s bigger for them. We lose we’ll be in the bottom 6 over the break, and only 7 (maximum) ahead of the playoff place. A win and we’re right back in the hunt for looking up the table. Make no mistake, these two games are absolutely huge for our season.

Agreed.

The two games against the Ugly Sisters were frustrating non-performances but the remaining two games are the important ones. Both are very winnable, one being the bottom team and the other a side that is challenging us for top six.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2019, 09:37 AM
In the last decade we've played Hearts eight times at Tynecastle while above them in the league. This is our record in those circumstances, presumably preceded with predictions along the lines of "we'll pump them, they're *****":

Aye, and when a team is really struggling, the Hibs charity act often helps them out :greengrin

We should beat them, but I said that before the game at Easter Road. Just wait and see I suppose.

Robbo6-2
22-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Its a stick on that we will provide the platform for them to build abit momentum.

Anyone going into this game expecting us to turn them over as they are bottom of league needs there head looked at.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Also what about the wins against Motherwell and Aberdeen recently, who are currently 3rd and 4th in the table?

Barring the second half v Ross County and the last 20 mins collapse v Kilmarnock, we have been doing fine against the teams that we should be competitive against since Jack Ross came in.

I would place more significance on those games than I would the two games against Rangers and Celtic.

I think we just need to just hope for the best for the foreseeable future against the top two. They are both now so far ahead that anything we get is a bonus.

Hearts are bottom of the league for a reason and are there to be beaten.

Vault Boy
22-12-2019, 09:41 AM
I think there's more reason to be optimistic given that our last win at Tynie was only last season, with a fair few of those players still with us. Since 2014 we've given as good as we've gotten in the derbies, holding (I think) the better record overall.

That's not an insignificant period of time. We more than capable of beating them on Thursday.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 09:42 AM

How many times in those 8 games have they gone into the game bottom of the league, with 2 wins from 26 league games?

Waxy
22-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Even if they do get their usual lucky win against us they’ll still be in relegation bother.

GreenCastle
22-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Cliche - but form goes out the window.

We are both struggling just like the last P45 Derby but we screwed that up after going 1-0 up.

The pitch will be an issue - compare to ER Friday and they should be fined for such a poor top league pitch.

I hope we play 2 up front but our midfield is woeful and we have been leaking goals.

Would be nice for an open Derby with goals - 3-2 Hibs would be ideal.

Minimum I expect us for us to come away with a point.

erin go bragh
22-12-2019, 10:00 AM
We really should win this easily but its them we're playing and generally any team on the crest of a slump usually looks forward to Hibs rolling into town.

I'm going 3-1 the good guys regardless.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
Our record at the PBS is brutal. Narrow pitch doesn’t help . So I don’t get how folk get ,we should win .
were going for back to back wins and I can’t remember the last time we did that .
But if we play like our second half showing against Aberdeen 🙏🏻 It could be an enjoyable Boxing Day .

Diclonius
22-12-2019, 10:02 AM
How many times in those 8 games have they gone into the game bottom of the league, with 2 wins from 26 league games?

Don't know about 2 from 26, but they were bottom in two of those games and beat us confortably in both.

Steve20
22-12-2019, 10:09 AM
On Friday, our team showed yet again when it’s a big game, they go hiding. I’m not sure they have the bottle to win a derby.

If the players want to make it up to the support, they will win. Not lose, not accept a draw. Win. Nothing else.

Tug Wilson
22-12-2019, 10:11 AM
I think that they are in a similar position to when Butcher joined us and said that the players weren't good enough and were not in any longer term plans.

With Budge announcing that some players would have to go before others came in I wonder how many of their squad are already being hawked around other clubs as available.

Not sure that these players will be putting in 100% effort if they already know that they are on the way out the door.

Maybe the same can be said about some Hibs players but we are not relying on the likes of Vela, Middleton and James to see us through December.

Keith_M
22-12-2019, 10:15 AM
I shall try to enjoy Christmas and not think about it until the day. How many times have we failed to show up there? ..........

No matter how bad they are, we can never take anything for granted when going there.

Any predictions of easy wins, and high scores in our favour are quite rightly derided.

We should beat them at a canter, but let's just see how it all pans out first.

eastcoasthibby
22-12-2019, 10:18 AM

We need the players to turn up and show a bit heart and committment, none of Flo"s fancy flicks take the ball in and play with the team, midfield battle and work hard on and off the ball, defence do your job basics first ..keeper command your area and play with a bit of urgency ...

1van Sprou7e
22-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Glad McGregor will be playing ahead of Porteous to be honest, need a cool and experienced head in defence for this

I know we have a terrible record there, but the fact is that their defence is utterly shocking, if we can't score a couple of goals then we deserve nothing

18Craig75
22-12-2019, 10:32 AM
I would be putting McGregor and David Gray back in. Even if they’re not 100% fit. They know what it’s about and I reckon they’ll get another 5% out of everyone else due to their never say die attitude.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Glad McGregor will be playing ahead of Porteous to be honest, need a cool and experienced head in defence for this

I know we have a terrible record there, but the fact is that their defence is utterly shocking, if we can't score a couple of goals then we deserve nothing

Neither team can defend, we've conceded a combined total of 66 goals so far this season.

It's up front where they struggle, they have failed to score in 10 of their 19 league games so far.

If we can score then we'll really put some pressure on them.

Chuck Rhoades
22-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Make no bones about it, hearts will up their game and play out of their skin for this, no matter how poor they've been performing they always up the ante against us.

This. It’s all that matters to them.

GreenCastle
22-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Would love Doidge to score.

Doidge and Flo must play.

As stated above the tiny mud bath of a pitch is like playing a different sport. Boyle won’t get as much space but I would have him against Hickey and running at Berra as much as possible.

Porteous is a better passer than McGregor but McGregor has the experience and leadership so no problem him returning.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Would love Doidge to score.

Doidge and Flo must play.

As stated above the tiny mud bath of a pitch is like playing a different sport. Boyle won’t get as much space but I would have him against Hickey and running at Berra as much as possible.

Porteous is a better passer than McGregor but McGregor has the experience and leadership so no problem him returning.

So would I and both must start imho!
Mallan drops out for me with either Horgan or Slivka coming in.

Not sure Ross will stray far from previous games..

I would maybe even replace Rocky

Rocky/Bogdan

Naismith Daz Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Hallberg Slivka/Horgan
Allan
Doidge Flo

Not sure who else to bring in unless we go 3 at back with Jackson coming in??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean1875
22-12-2019, 11:11 AM
Got 1-0 Hearts written all over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
22-12-2019, 11:14 AM
JR has set up 4-2-3-1 in both games v Stendel in the past and had some joy. Can see Bogdan coming in for his experience of the fixture, and Kamberi dropping out for Horgan.

Bogdan

Naismith Daz Hanlon Lewis

Slivka Hallberg

Allan

Boyle Doidge Horgan

Need to play the game in their half as often as possible and try and play with width regularly. Their full backs like getting up the pitch which will leave plenty room in behind.

Unseen work
22-12-2019, 11:19 AM
I’m never confident against Hearts, especially at Tynecastle.

I watched them against Celtic and got to say I was impressed at how well they managed to close them down, however if left them open on the counter which Celtic exploited.

If we try to over play, especially at the back on that awful pitch then it could really cause us problems as the first time the regain possession from it their fans will get a massive boost and it will transfer onto the pitch.

We need to play quick, sharp and really make it difficult for their defence as they’re culpable of a mistake. I think we might see us trying to counter them with our pace and ability in the final 3rd.

We will need to be right at it against them, irrespective of their league position they always raise their game against us.

Hopefully we manage to put a couple past them and make it comfortable but I’m not holding my breath.

It’s a huge game for us and we’re in desperate need of 3 points. If we win, hearts will be going mad and I wouldn’t be surprised if some turn on Stendel already as that would be 4 defeats out of 4.

jakedance
22-12-2019, 11:27 AM
I just don’t fancy our chances for this one. If Hearts are up for a scrap they’ll win - we’re soft. If a football match actually breaks out we’ve a better chance, but that’s unlikely.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Hearts will be well up for it. We need to match them in the battle early doors, quieten the crowd and take a chance when it comes our way. If Hearts score first they will get the crowd on their side and gain a wee bit confidence. If it gets to 20/25 minutes and it's still 0-0 then they will start to get edgy. If we score 1st it will get nasty.

We have the better players who are more likely to be match winners but you have to earn that right to play. No matter what the form is games at Tynecastle are never easy for us.

overdrive
22-12-2019, 11:36 AM
I think that they are in a similar position to when Butcher joined us and said that the players weren't good enough and were not in any longer term plans.

With Budge announcing that some players would have to go before others came in I wonder how many of their squad are already being hawked around other clubs as available.

Not sure that these players will be putting in 100% effort if they already know that they are on the way out the door.

Maybe the same can be said about some Hibs players but we are not relying on the likes of Vela, Middleton and James to see us through December.

We won the festive derby under Butcher... I don’t think it means much.

Diclonius
22-12-2019, 11:37 AM
We won the festive derby under Butcher... I don’t think it means much.

That was before his meltdown.

Tug Wilson
22-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Stendel's Hearts seem to start games well. High energy, pressing football with a high defensive line. However, as St Johnstone showed, this leaves a massive gap behind the defence that quick players can exploit.

We need to play Doidge to play right on the defensive line and both Kamberi and Boyle to get in the space behind.

Allan playing the ball into the gaps could carve open their defence.

We have to attack them. Sitting back and allowing them to play a high line will be a disaster.

matty_f
22-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Hearts will be well up for it. We need to match them in the battle early doors, quieten the crowd and take a chance when it comes our way. If Hearts score first they will get the crowd on their side and gain a wee bit confidence. If it gets to 20/25 minutes and it's still 0-0 then they will start to get edgy. If we score 1st it will get nasty.

We have the better players who are more likely to be match winners but you have to earn that right to play. No matter what the form is games at Tynecastle are never easy for us.

Hearts have been well up for their last three games under the new manager and lost all 3, scoring 1 goal in the process.

I don't think Hearts raised their game against us at Easter Road, we were the better side but lost to two typically Hearts Derby goals.

We've had a couple of bad games against the best teams in the league but generally our form has been decent.

If we come flying out the traps and get at them early, it could be a great game for us.

Onion
22-12-2019, 11:56 AM

:agree: If they lose against us, it will be be deemed a crisis. Q

Queen Ann will start to feel the heat and Levein will be hounded out the club. Their new, shiny manger will also start to feel the heat.

Salivating at the thought :greengrin

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Lennon also managed to bottle it there repeatedly by changing his team about and playing the occasion not the team. Heckingbottom saw through it last time

Hecky got lucky the game could and should have been over before we scored.

Kinda what most of us think, time to be more positive.

On Friday, our team showed yet again when it’s a big game, they go hiding. I’m not sure they have the bottle to win a derby.

If the players want to make it up to the support, they will win. Not lose, not accept a draw. Win. Nothing else.

Players have a chance to turn a drama in to a crisis at Tynecaslte do they have the bottle ? This a real chance to send them spiralling or give them a great boost. Time for this team stand up and match their fight which we often fail to do.

Baader
22-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Seen it so many times, an opportunity for us to really stick the boot into them which we seldom seem to do. The pitch is a concern and too often we play a game that doesn't trouble Berra at all despite the fact the guy is finished and their defence is a disaster area.

Here's hoping JR has the boys well drilled and we compound their recent misery. Just not too optimistic of that given past performances there.

neil7908
22-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Also what about the wins against Motherwell and Aberdeen recently, who are currently 3rd and 4th in the table?

Barring the second half v Ross County and the last 20 mins collapse v Kilmarnock, we have been doing fine against the teams that we should be competitive against since Jack Ross came in.

I would place more significance on those games than I would the two games against Rangers and Celtic.

I think we just need to just hope for the best for the foreseeable future against the top two. They are both now so far ahead that anything we get is a bonus.

Hearts are bottom of the league for a reason and are there to be beaten.

If the Hibs team from the second half of the Aberdeen game or the St Johnstone game shows up we'll slaughter them.

But our performance on Friday was rubbish. Yes it was Rangers but we gave them everything and barely put up a fight. If we play like that against Hearts we'd lose or draw imo.

Zazu62
22-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Winning at Tynecastle twice in a calendar year? When did that last happen?

Stuart93
22-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Seen it so many times, an opportunity for us to really stick the boot into them which we seldom seem to do. The pitch is a concern and too often we play a game that doesn't trouble Berra at all despite the fact the guy is finished and their defence is a disaster area.

Here's hoping JR has the boys well drilled and we compound their recent misery. Just not too optimistic of that given past performances there.

We NEED to try get the ball out wide. The pitch is narrow but if we try play down the middle we’re playing the game right into their hands.

Attack with pace and purpose. No slow pedestrian pish.

Baader
22-12-2019, 12:30 PM
We NEED to try get the ball out wide. The pitch is narrow but if we try play down the middle we’re playing the game right into their hands.

Attack with pace and purpose. No slow pedestrian pish.

Agree completely. We always seem to fall for the midfield tussle. Can't remember the last time we seemed to go wide and give their fullbacks a real roasting there.

If they try a high press they'll leave gaps behind which we need to exploit. Flo needs to be aware of it and move into space.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Don't know about 2 from 26, but they were bottom in two of those games and beat us confortably in both.

You can't really count the season they were bottom after their 15 point deduction.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 12:51 PM
You can't really count the season they were bottom after their 15 point deduction.

No because they played with youngsters and it was not fair to them yet they still won.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 01:09 PM
No because they played with youngsters and it was not fair to them yet they still won.

Ryan Stevenson - 29
Jamie MacDonald - 28
Jamie Hamill - 28
Danny Wilson - 22
Dylan McGowan - 22
Jason Holt - 21
Kevin McHattie - 21

Hardly full of youngsters.

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 01:11 PM
I think an early goal for Hearts might work for us. If we can stop them consolidating, jitters will break out, and we can exploit that in the last half hour, as they struggle with fatigue.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Ryan Stevenson - 29
Jamie MacDonald - 28
Jamie Hamill - 28
Danny Wilson - 22
Dylan McGowan - 22
Jason Holt - 21
Kevin McHattie - 21

Hardly full of youngsters.

So maybe four players over 22 ?

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 01:17 PM
So maybe four players over 22 ?

22 isn't young in football terms. Most decent players have about 5 years first team experience by then.

Betty Boop
22-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Its a stick on that we will provide the platform for them to build abit momentum.

Anyone going into this game expecting us to turn them over as they are bottom of league needs there head looked at.

:agree: Heard it all before

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 01:20 PM
22 isn't young in football terms. Most decent players have about 5 years first team experience then.

Okay, Hibs were beaten by a very experienced young Hearts team :wink:

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 01:38 PM
I think an early goal for Hearts might work for us. If we can stop them consolidating, jitters will break out, and we can exploit that in the last half hour, as they struggle with fatigue.

Is that you Terry? 😂😂

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 01:42 PM

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Vault Boy
22-12-2019, 01:44 PM

That's one of the most bizarre takes I've ever read

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 01:46 PM

Just brilliant 😂😂😂

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 01:54 PM
That's one of the most bizarre takes I've ever read

Don't give me all the credit. Pundits on the telly are constantly talking about the problems of scoring too soon.

Hakim Sar
22-12-2019, 02:05 PM

Let's go out and get a red card after 1 minute. It takes away the fear of a game changing sending off.

Borderhibbie76
22-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Mon The Hibs

Ru Joking, we were pretty awful under Lennon there

southern hibby
22-12-2019, 06:27 PM
I think we will absolutely destroy them. Can see Hibs turning up and really putting them to the sword. Score early and their high pressing game will bite them as Boyle will have a field day against them.

i fancy 3-1 or 4-1 and before anyone thinks we can only ever win by 1 goal, why? Go there believe and we can destroy them. They are absolutely rank and nothing to fear.

GGTTH.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 06:33 PM
I think we will absolutely destroy them. Can see Hibs turning up and really putting them to the sword. Score early and their high pressing game will bite them as Boyle will have a field day against them.

i fancy 3-1 or 4-1 and before anyone thinks we can only ever win by 1 goal, why? Go there believe and we can destroy them. They are absolutely rank and nothing to fear.

GGTTH.

Love it 😍 🙏

rcarter1
22-12-2019, 06:39 PM

GGTTH.

This is the attitude we are looking for!

I still reckon this match could swing on a bit of quality/luck, and confidence will be fragile for both teams. Our bunch need to go into the Tynecastle atmosphere looking forward to being 'the bad guys'.

DetroitHibs
22-12-2019, 06:44 PM
We have the edge over almost every department, but one. They have experienced leaders in Berra and Naismith. Our biggest weakness in the team is the lack of leaders and players that can grab the game by the neck.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 06:46 PM
We have the edge over almost every department, but one. They have experienced leaders in Berra and Naismith. Our biggest weakness in the team is the lack of leaders and players that can grab the game by the neck.

I’d rather have no leaders than have to play Christophe Berra, boys utterly garbage. And if Naismith plays he probably doesn’t last 15 minutes.

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 07:05 PM

You do know they're bottom of the league with their 'leaders'?

Jack Hackett
22-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Not getting the 'they always up their game against us' patter. No they don't. Lady Luck's been their best player in many games over the last few years. From flukey, once in a lifetime goals to downright incredibly bad reffing

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Not getting the 'they always up their game against us' patter. No they don't. Lady Luck's been their best player in many games over the last few years. From flukey, once in a lifetime goals to downright incredibly bad reffing

It always seems to happen they are terrible but find a way to win hopefully it is our turn

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2019, 07:44 PM

My thoughts too.:agree:

Carheenlea
22-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Mentality of many of the fans has to change - far too many throwing in the towel already and expecting defeat.
Strong and positive mentality from the stands will feed into the players and we should be able to use that to our home advantage by winning a game against the team 3 adrift at the bottom.
They’ll run about a bit at the start but we more than have the players to deal with them and hit them with a bit of pace - ideally Boyle and Horgan both starting.

I reckon we’ll see them off with a 2 goal margin. Will be one of 2-0, 3-1 or 4-2.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Mentality of many of the fans has to change - far too many throwing in the towel already and expecting defeat.
Strong and positive mentality from the stands will feed into the players and we should be able to use that to our home advantage by winning a game against the team 3 adrift at the bottom.
They’ll run about a bit at the start but we more than have the players to deal with them and hit them with a bit of pace - ideally Boyle and Horgan both starting.

I reckon we’ll see them off with a 2 goal margin. Will be one of 2-0, 3-1 or 4-2.

Never been to tinycastle when the support has been anything else than right behind the team, even when they did not deserve they great backing they got.

Carheenlea
22-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Never been to tinycastle when the support has been anything else than right behind the team, even when they did not deserve they great backing they got.

You’ll need to forgive me - when I posted that I’ve had a momentary lapse and posted thinking we were playing at ER for some reason.
Had a long drive to Galway yesterday and obviously still recovering :embarrass

Spike Mandela
22-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Hearts are bottom of the league. Stendal can’t buy a win, Hearts can’t buy a win . Hibs are rolling up next. We all know the script, we have seen this movie before, we all know what’s ****ing going to happen.:rolleyes:

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Hearts are bottom of the league. Stendal can’t buy a win, Hearts can’t buy a win . Hibs are rolling up next. We all know the script, we have seen this movie before, we all know what’s ****ing going to happen.:rolleyes:

We’re gonna turn them over, I agree. **** them.

Spike Mandela
22-12-2019, 09:24 PM
We’re gonna turn them over, I agree. **** them.

:flag::flag::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::f lag:

SanFranHibs
22-12-2019, 09:50 PM
I just watched the highlights of Hearts loss to Hamilton and Hearts actually had a few chances and could easily have scored 4. Not saying all the chances were created by free flowing build-up play but they did get into positions to get crosses in to dangerous areas and Naismith alone missed 2 great opportunities. In fact I don't recall them creating any chances through the middle as such. Always pushed out wide and then swung into the box. Their goal came from a corener into the near post area.

However, I think if the Hibs team that played some nice stuff against Aberdeen turn up, we win. I still think in Allan, Boyle, Kamberi, Slivka, Hallberg we have more creativity, but which team turns up?

I am hoping we do not, as one other poster postulates, lose a quick goal then consolidate. Not sure I want to consolidate a one goal deficit. :greengrin

I will go for 2 - 1 to Hibs.

GreenCastle
22-12-2019, 10:02 PM
I just watched the highlights of Hearts loss to Hamilton and Hearts actually had a few chances and could easily have scored 4. Not saying all the chances were created by free flowing build-up play but they did get into positions to get crosses in to dangerous areas and Naismith alone missed 2 great opportunities. In fact I don't recall them creating any chances through the middle as such. Always pushed out wide and then swung into the box. Their goal came from a corener into the near post area.

However, I think if the Hibs team that played some nice stuff against Aberdeen turn up, we win. I still think in Allan, Boyle, Kamberi, Slivka, Hallberg we have more creativity, but which team turns up?

I am hoping we do not, as one other poster postulates, lose a quick goal then consolidate. Not sure I want to consolidate a one goal deficit. :greengrin

I will go for 2 - 1 to Hibs.

They do seem to be throwing more players forward. Noticed this against Celtic and Hamilton. Both games they created chances.

The only issue with that is they are leaving space behind which is the opposite of a Levein team - I think we may see some goals in this derby - just hope we score more than them!!!

Deansy
22-12-2019, 10:24 PM
Just go at them right from kick-off and don't stop until the final-whistle's blown !

norhfc
23-12-2019, 07:31 AM
Just go at them right from kick-off and don't stop until the final-whistle's blown !

We dont have the levels of fitness for that, just hope the disire is there this time.

matty_f
23-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Okay, Hibs were beaten by a very experienced young Hearts team :wink:

And a referee and a linesman that invented an offside decision to stop us equalising.

Sammy7nil
23-12-2019, 08:29 AM
And a referee and a linesman that invented an offside decision to stop us equalising.

And we lost again.

matty_f
23-12-2019, 08:35 AM
And we lost again.

We did, it is hard to do anything other than lose if the ref won't let you score.

.Sean.
23-12-2019, 10:13 AM
😂😂😂😂😂 straight out of the Terry Butcher Handbook of ***** Management

Since452
23-12-2019, 10:14 AM
Hearts will come out the traps all guns blazing trying to do gegenpressing before running out of steam before half time. If we start as sloppy as we did on Friday the game could be over by then. The players need a serious wake up call from Ross and Potter about this game

matty_f
23-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Hearts will come out the traps all guns blazing trying to do gegenpressing before running out of steam before half time. If we start as sloppy as we did on Friday the game could be over by then. The players need a serious wake up call from Ross and Potter about this game

Hopefully we just play balls in over the top or through the defence for Boyle etc to run through on to.

Hermit Crab
23-12-2019, 10:37 AM
All this talk of going there and hitting them with a high press and scoring a few early goals, we know it never goes that way for us there. When was the last time we took the lead at Tynecastle and went onto win the game? Brian Kerr game?

matty_f
23-12-2019, 10:39 AM
All this talk of going there and hitting them with a high press and scoring a few early goals, we know it never goes that way for us there. When was the last time we took the lead at Tynecastle and went onto win the game? Brian Kerr game?

Just because something hasn't happened often before doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.

Should we just write off the game because we have a crap record at Tiny?

What's the point in going? Just give them the points.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 10:58 AM

We took the lead there in April when we went 2-1 up and won the game.

Newhaven
23-12-2019, 11:02 AM

We were one down before mcnulty scored. Then Horgan won it in the second half

Hermit Crab
23-12-2019, 11:04 AM

No we didn't, Haring scored a header from a corner for them first.

Hermit Crab
23-12-2019, 11:06 AM

:agree:

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 11:46 AM

No we didn't, Haring scored a header from a corner for them first.

I'm aware they scored first but that's not what the quoted post said, it mentioned about taking the lead. Going 2-1 up in a game is "taking the lead".

Jumbo
23-12-2019, 11:47 AM
:agree:

Horgan scored both of them

Hermit Crab
23-12-2019, 11:50 AM
I'm aware they scored first but that's not what the quoted post said, it mentioned about taking the lead. Going 2-1 up in a game is "taking the lead".

Guess what, you knew fine what my post meant. Taking the lead - scoring the first goal - breaking the deadlock.

we are hibs
23-12-2019, 11:52 AM

Riordan 2009

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Guess what, you knew fine what my post meant. Taking the lead - scoring the first goal - breaking the deadlock.

I replied to what the post said, not what it was meant to say.

You've done the very same to my posts in the past.

WestStandWillie
23-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Tough game, 2-1 the good guys!

Should be noted that they were trying out deflected shots against Celtic. Spawnny creeps.

matty_f
23-12-2019, 12:38 PM
I replied to what the post said, not what it was meant to say.

You've done the very same to my posts in the past.

I knew what you meant. :agree:

Onceinawhile
23-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Hopefully we just play balls in over the top or through the defence for Boyle etc to run through on to.

Yup.

Happy to play Hoofball for the first 60 minutes. Nullify the press, get doidgey to win some headers and flick ons to boyle.

They then run out of steam and fans are on their back as they haven't got a lead.

silverhibee
23-12-2019, 12:58 PM

Casper game

Jim44
23-12-2019, 01:04 PM
If a Martian landed in Edinburgh for the game, on available current evidence, he would definitely tip Hibs as strong favourites. Bitter experience defies this and anything can happen. 50-50 any day of the week.

Peevemor
23-12-2019, 01:09 PM
If a Martian landed in Edinburgh for the game, on available current evidence, he would definitely tip Hibs as strong favourites. Bitter experience defies this and anything can happen. 50-50 any day of the week.

Would he take the atmosphere into account?

Vault Boy
23-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Can't affect the past but we can certainly influence the future. To say it never goes that way for us suggests that it couldn't happen, which is absurd.

Would much rather we all take a positive attitude into the derby, we won't win if the players think the same way as you do.

Keith_M
23-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Sorry but that's nonsense.

I've been at loads of derbies over the years where the Hibs Fans really got behind the team and were rewarded with either yet another 0-0... or an (unexpected?) defeat.

CentreLine
23-12-2019, 01:24 PM

Aye but the Martian would be green so not not of a choice when it came to allegiance 🤗

A Hi-Bee
23-12-2019, 01:28 PM
A no scoring draw on the cards, there will be sendings off and with no var we shall see even more incompetance (insert cheating if you wish) from ref.