PDA

View Full Version : DisasterCastle

FilipinoHibs
22-12-2019, 06:31 AM
At last it is in the news:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18115675.tynecattle-turmoil-shows-scotlands-top-clubs-cant-complacent-supporters-safety/?ref=appshr

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 06:39 AM
At last it is in the news:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18115675.tynecattle-turmoil-shows-scotlands-top-clubs-cant-complacent-supporters-safety/?ref=appshr

Hearts excuses are worrying. It seems that Tynecastle is the only ground in Scotland where fans arrive late, and also the only one where they arrive without tickets.

Carheenlea
22-12-2019, 06:43 AM
The last two or three Derby’s worked fine outside Tynecastle after some complaints following the first when new turnstiles were built. Still a queue but moves quick enough.
Many of the incidents that surround the Old Firm are a consequence of a counterfeit ticket culture at both clubs, and it’s unfair to be criticising host clubs when this is the cause of many problems getting into grounds for Rangers and Celtic fans.

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 06:49 AM
The last two or three Derby’s worked fine outside Tynecastle after some complaints following the first when new turnstiles were built. Still a queue but moves quick enough.
Many of the incidents that surround the Old Firm are a consequence of a counterfeit ticket culture at both clubs, and it’s unfair to be criticising host clubs when this is the cause of many problems getting into grounds for Rangers and Celtic fans.

Do similar problems arise at Easter Road?

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 06:51 AM
I think we can be proud that we don’t have any of those issues at Easter Road.

Shame on Hearts for blaming late arrival of supporters, what an absolute disgrace. The away end entrance at Tynecastle needs looking at before someone is seriously injured or even killed.

Carheenlea
22-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Do similar problems arise at Easter Road?

I come in past the South Stand and often see long, organised single file queues for bigger games. They seem longer for Celtic and Rangers games than they do for Hearts games which supports my theory.

macca70
22-12-2019, 06:59 AM

Exactly, it’s there own fans they need to be having a much closer look at than the host club.

There were significantly many more people in the away end on Friday night that should have been in there.

I know Rangers fans that were planning to go through the turnstiles in 2’s, so scanning 1 ticket but squeezing 2 folk through. Clearly not larger chaps but all the young team. Between this and counterfeit tickets, it’s a disaster waiting to happen then when something serious does happen, they will try pin the blame on the host club.

You couldn’t see any of the staircases, they were all packed with Rangers fans standing. Looked like there was an attempt in the 2nd half to put a row of stewards down the staircases to keep them clear but that got ignored and the Rangers fans just carried on.

Half the problem in all this too is folks total disregard for the stewards, folk just barge past them, don’t listen to them, and totally disregard them.

It would be interesting if Hibs had cctv in the turnstile areas and they can show the behaviours and examples of 2 folk coming in on 1 ticket

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 07:03 AM
I come in past the South Stand and often see long, organised single file queues for bigger games. They seem longer for Celtic and Rangers games than they do for Hearts games which supports my theory.

But there are no issues with crushing?

Logie Green
22-12-2019, 07:58 AM
If the supporters of any club in Scotland should recognise the importance of keeping gangways clear surely Rangers should be top of the list given what happened at Ibrox many years ago.

RoYO!
22-12-2019, 08:11 AM
But there are no issues with crushing?

It looked very organised to me. There are barriers up about 50m from the stand. Barriers force fans to walk in a large arc around the stand. Mounted police insisting to get tickets ready. They then funnel into 4/5 separate queues with plenty police and stewards. Who check tickets. Once through this they approach the rear of the south. And fan out into their queues. Plenty of space. Looked very well organised and absolutely no signs of bother. This was about 5 mins prior to kick off.

Hibs had clearly been in contact with police and put plans in place. I’d imagine this would cost hibs more money. Looked exemplary to me. Well done hibs.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 08:23 AM
It is a bit worrying and maybe not the place to be taking kids to a game.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 08:31 AM
It looked very organised to me. There are barriers up about 50m from the stand. Barriers force fans to walk in a large arc around the stand. Mounted police insisting to get tickets ready. They then funnel into 4/5 separate queues with plenty police and stewards. Who check tickets. Once through this they approach the rear of the south. And fan out into their queues. Plenty of space. Looked very well organised and absolutely no signs of bother. This was about 5 mins prior to kick off.

Hibs had clearly been in contact with police and put plans in place. I’d imagine this would cost hibs more money. Looked exemplary to me. Well done hibs.

It’s been this way for about 2 years now, can see it being like this for home fans in the east soon as well for full searches to take place. Blows up the myth about 2 fans getting in at a time as well as no one gets through the cordon without a ticket.

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 09:25 AM

Perhaps Hearts could get in touch with us, and we will tell them how to avoid these problems in future. All they have to do is redesign the entrances to their ground .

Joking apart, giving the Gorgie Road end to away fans might help.

Phil MaGlass
22-12-2019, 10:14 AM
It’s been this way for about 2 years now, can see it being like this for home fans in the east soon as well for full searches to take place. Blows up the myth about 2 fans getting in at a time as well as no one gets through the cordon without a ticket.

It doesn't really blow up the myth, it's easy to photocopy or print the same tickets extra times, it then looks like you have a valid ticket but police and stewards can't see if it's a copy

macca70
22-12-2019, 10:16 AM

I can assure you they get through the initial cordon and exact words from the Rangers fans, that initial 1st line is the hardest part to get through, do you think they are actually reading what’s written on the next, no chance. They photocopy or bring an old ticket stub, wave it in the face of a Steward and walk on. I can assure you they are going through in 2’s, if Hibs review any cctv of the turnstiles, they will see it for themselves.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Hearts reply blaming the fans sounded like the police in the aftermath of Hillsborough. They need to get a grip. Stadiums should be designed to deal with all the issues they pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Hearts reply blaming the fans sounded like the police in the aftermath of Hillsborough. They need to get a grip. Stadiums should be designed to deal with all the issues they pointed out.

Very much so, which raises the question about how such a badly designed stadium was given a safety certificate.

GreenCastle
22-12-2019, 10:38 AM

I’ve got a Rangers friend who says this is happening.

You only have to look at the South Stand on Friday to see it.

It was definitely over capacity and the lower tier especially had fans standing at front etc.

Many fans come from upper to lower also.

Would be good if Kieran made this aware to the club about fans moving from upper to lower and more fans getting into the away end than are actually allowed.

As for Tiny Library my advice would be to arrive early as it’s usually a joke if you arrive late being forced into small area before going through.

Johnny Clash
22-12-2019, 11:31 AM
I can assure you they get through the initial cordon and exact words from the Rangers fans, that initial 1st line is the hardest part to get through, do you think they are actually reading what’s written on the next, no chance. They photocopy or bring an old ticket stub, wave it in the face of a Steward and walk on. I can assure you they are going through in 2’s, if Hibs review any cctv of the turnstiles, they will see it for themselves.

Good idea re cctv plus a handful of stewards standing next to the barriers would stop doubling up. That’s one reason why London Underground have staff at barriers otherwise loads double up or leap over the ticket gates.

hibbyfraelibby
22-12-2019, 01:19 PM

The tickets have a hologram on them which when photocpied show up black. Easily spotted. Old tickets I can believe but these wont scan. Doubling up at ER for adults is a myth a a single average sized adult on their own is a tight squeeze.

macca70
22-12-2019, 01:39 PM
The tickets have a hologram on them which when photocpied show up black. Easily spotted. Old tickets I can believe but these wont scan. Doubling up at ER for adults is a myth a a single average sized adult on their own is a tight squeeze.

I can assure you, the young team are doubling up on 1 ticket through the turnstiles. To get past the 1st line of checks, you can show any old ticket, they are not inspected closely, as long as you have something in your hand that resembles a ticket. It was clear to see on Friday that the stand was significantly over populated and Hibs must investigate further, there must be CCTV to evidence this cause I can assure you it happens every time Rangers come to ER

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 01:41 PM
I can assure you, the young team are doubling up on 1 ticket through the turnstiles. To get past the 1st line of checks, you can show any old ticket, they are not inspected closely, as long as you have something in your hand that resembles a ticket. It was clear to see on Friday that the stand was significantly over populated and Hibs must investigate further, there must be CCTV to evidence this cause I can assure you it happens every time Rangers come to ER

Just because a number of folk stand in the same area doesn’t mean it’s over populated, groups congregate in the same area, hence why there were sections of the top tier empty. You seem overly sure just based on someone telling you it happens...

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 02:00 PM
For the reasons of counterfeit tickets and more so the doubling through the turnstile all clubs need to be at the top of their game when the Old Firm fans come to town. It is all about exerting strict control of supporters entering the turnstiles. Football supporters won't like it but one day it could save their life or that of a loved one. It is a real safety issue and their is an absolute responsibility on the host club to get it right.

Billy Whizz
22-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Getting back on topic to the OP, getting into Tynecastle on Derby is easily the worst in Scotland. A small space for 3,500 fans to get in. To be fair they’ve increased the number of turnstiles, but the space in to them isn’t adequate
Also as everyone goes in and out of the stand via the steps, if something occurred and you had to evacuate, could lead to crushing. I’m surprised it got a safety certificate

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Getting back on topic to the OP, getting into Tynecastle on Derby is easily the worst in Scotland. A small space for 3,500 fans to get in. To be fair they’ve increased the number of turnstiles, but the space in to them isn’t adequate
Also as everyone goes in and out of the stand via the steps, if something occurred and you had to evacuate, could lead to crushing. I’m surprised it got a safety certificate

Re getting out, the East isn't the quickest stand to get out of either.
In both stands fans would probably have to spill onto the pitch in an emergency situation.

Billy Whizz
22-12-2019, 02:21 PM
In both stands fans would probably have to spill onto the pitch in an emergency situation.

I meant downstairs. The East has many exits, Roseburn only has one exit

hibbyfraelibby
22-12-2019, 02:27 PM

And I can assure you that you are talking mince. The South did not look overly populated on Friday. Yes the Union Bear bigots congregated in certain areas but the capacity of that stand looked nowhere near breached. You coukd see the areas where they moved from had gaps. Lets not make things up and create a drama based on some invented nonsense from the "young team"

Chuck Rhoades
22-12-2019, 02:32 PM
And I can assure you that you are talking mince. The South did not look overly populated on Friday. Yes the Union Bear bigots congregated in certain areas but the capacity of that stand looked nowhere near breached. You coukd see the areas where they moved from had gaps. Lets not make things up and create a drama based on some invented nonsense from the "young team"

Spot on. Parts were packed, but there were visible gaps in both upper and lower.

hibbyfraelibby
22-12-2019, 02:33 PM

The problem with the single tier East is the height not the exits. The fans wanted single tier we got it but as a consequence it take twice as long to get down from the top as is does from the North South and West stands. Actual exits are fine and probably 4 times as wide as the Roseburn stand on a Cat A when you cant exit passed the statue to the fallen

SChibs
22-12-2019, 02:38 PM

I doubled up with a fan at the Aberdeen game when his ticket wouldn't scan but his young son was already through the turnstile. Easily done.

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Whilst on the subject of safety, why do people stand at the football when it's not safe?

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 02:49 PM
I meant downstairs. The East has many exits, Roseburn only has one exit

The problem in the East is reaching those exits due to single tier access and egress.
Folk in the other stands are probably in the boozer before we get out most games.

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 02:51 PM
The problem with the single tier East is the height not the exits. The fans wanted single tier we got it but as a consequence it take twice as long to get down from the top as is does from the North South and West stands. Actual exits are fine and probably 4 times as wide as the Roseburn stand on a Cat A when you cant exit passed the statue to the fallen

I always thought the East was single tier because it was cheaper to build it that way

Hibs4185
22-12-2019, 02:56 PM
I always thought the East was single tier because it was cheaper to build it that way

Fan were consulted and that’s what we chose for atmosphere

Eyrie
22-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Why can't we build external staircases on the back of the East for exit only?

hibbyfraelibby
22-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Why can't we build external staircases on the back of the East for exit only?

Instead of filling in the corners? Geezo get with the programme will you😉😉😉

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Fan were consulted and that’s what we chose for atmosphere

:aok: Every-days a school day

Eyrie
22-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Instead of filling in the corners? Geezo get with the programme will you������

Got to do the helipad first. You have no sense of priorities :na na:

macca70
22-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Spot on. Parts were packed, but there were visible gaps in both upper and lower.

Where’s the gaps in this photo, there are none but staircases are dangerously over busy

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Where’s the gaps in this photo, there are none but staircases are dangerously over busy

You couldn’t pick a worse photo. The away end everyone stands so looking straight on you won’t see any spaces. There was a space of 50 or so seats at the very back at the West end of the top tier, there was also multiple other areas of both tiers clearly visible from my seat at that end of the East.

macca70
22-12-2019, 09:22 PM
You couldn’t pick a worse photo. The away end everyone stands so looking straight on you won’t see any spaces. There was a space of 50 or so seats at the very back at the West end of the top tier, there was also multiple other areas of both tiers clearly visible from my seat at that end of the East.

Defo no significant gaps but the staircases are dangerously over populated

O'Rourke3
22-12-2019, 09:23 PM
You couldn’t pick a worse photo. The away end everyone stands so looking straight on you won’t see any spaces. There was a space of 50 or so seats at the very back at the West end of the top tier, there was also multiple other areas of both tiers clearly visible from my seat at that end of the East.Eh? The gaps are being obscured by 10 ft tall fans?How is straight on the worst picture you could take? If you are at the side and can see empty seats is that not because everyone is standing?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Eh? The gaps are being obscured by 10 ft tall fans?How is straight on the worst picture you could take? If you are at the side and can see empty seats is that not because everyone is standing?

If anyone over 4ft is standing then you can’t see the row behind them, and a picture from about 120 yards away you’ll just see fans with fans directly behind them, you’ll never be able to tell that there is a row in between empty.

From the east, side on, at the south end, you can clearly see empty seats with nobody standing at them.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Defo no significant gaps but the staircases are dangerously over populated

The second photo you shared had a clear area in the top right hand corner that was pretty much empty, and that carried on to the right of the photo. It was clear as day as the game, not a pixelated photo from well over a hundred yards away.

You believe there was well over 4000 fans in that stand, I disagree, I also don’t believe you can easily get 2 fans in a turnstile at a time, especially with stewards at each entrance, you do. Fair enough.

O'Rourke3
22-12-2019, 09:44 PM
If anyone over 4ft is standing then you can’t see the row behind them, and a picture from about 120 yards away you’ll just see fans with fans directly behind them, you’ll never be able to tell that there is a row in between empty.

From the east, side on, at the south end, you can clearly see empty seats with nobody standing at them.So the gaps were in seried rows/ back row? IE lumps of sequential tickets from the same aisle as oppossed to lumps of similar sequential seat numbers. If thats the case, fair enough. From my view in the west the south looked overcrowded. About 10 mins from the end there were gaps in the south as their fans left to go home. Presumably the locals or the ones with cars.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:49 PM
So the gaps were in seried rows/ back row? IE lumps of sequential tickets from the same aisle as oppossed to lumps of similar sequential seat numbers. If thats the case, fair enough. From my view in the west the south looked overcrowded. About 10 mins from the end there were gaps in the south as their fans left to go home. Presumably the locals or the ones with cars.

The gap up the top right (facing the stand) was about 4/5 rows of 10 or so seats as if a whole supporters club allocation had located elsewhere in the stand, the rest were wee pockets of a few seats. Knowing 4 of the boys who came in late and they just stood at the section closest to the east on the stairs they all had tickets elsewhere in the stand. It’s also easy to forget our seats are fairly tight together. The seat beside me was empty, but with everyone standing there wasn’t a gap, it just becomes more comfortable rather than squished in, you wouldn’t know there was an empty seat looking head on to it though.

mexicohibs
23-12-2019, 12:53 AM
was at the recent boca juniors s v river semi final and there are ticket scanning machines a few blocks from the stadium that are manned by police and stewards. it was necesary to show ID as well as the ticket and the stewards also take photos of everyones ID After you get through that the tickets are scanned again at the actual turnstiles.With all the security and riot police it took me 2 and a half hours to get my seat in the stadium .

Ozyhibby
23-12-2019, 01:24 AM
was at the recent boca juniors s v river semi final and there are ticket scanning machines a few blocks from the stadium that are manned by police and stewards. it was necesary to show ID as well as the ticket and the stewards also take photos of everyones ID After you get through that the tickets are scanned again at the actual turnstiles.With all the security and riot police it took me 2 and a half hours to get my seat in the stadium .

To be fair that game is a slightly different level of security risk.