PDA

View Full Version : Crawling out of the woodwork

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Yesterday was extremely disappointing and a poor display by Hibs (and wrong selection/set-up by JR). Much more so than last week, IMHO.

With that out of the way, so you know my viewpoint on last night's game...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never cease to be amazed by the people that use a bad game or two to come out of the woodwork to take cheap shots at everybody and everything they personally don't like at Hibs.

It's pretty much the same people every time, the ones that seem to have completely ignored the three fantastic wins in a row we had after Hecky was sacked, AND the 3-0 win over Aberdeen.

OK, LD might have taken longer than I would have liked to sack Hecky and bring in a replacement, but she eventually did, and managed to secure (IMO) a good choice as new Head Coach. She backed Hecky during the summer (however misguided we might feel it was now), and I believe she will do again with JR in January and next Summer.

JR will take time to turn things round at Hibs but has had a fairly decent start, considering he's working with what he inherited. He's also not perfect, so will make mistakes, as anybody else would.

You're not happy with the Club's long-term stance on a Family Section? I'm just glad the club don't put people in charge to appease the minority by making quick changes, but instead decide things over the long term, with the good of the support as a whole in mind, and not just a small group that want everything their own way, right away.

Consider that you might actually get what you want in the long run, but that things aren't actually as simple and straightforward as you imagine (like kicking 1,500 ST Holders out of a section of the ground to accommodate an as yet unknown number of 'singers'. There is no guarantee we would have out sung 4,000 crazed bigots last night even if that had happened already).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't you people just try backing the club, and the people helping to run it, and actually give them a chance to turn things round... and stop throwing your toys out the pram, or stamping your feet like a child, when don't get everything you want, when you want it.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Yesterday was extremely disappointing and a poor display by Hibs (and wrong selection/set-up by JR). Much more so than last week, IMHO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never cease to be amazed by the people that use a bad game or two to come out of the woodwork to take cheap shots at everybody and everything they personally don't like at Hibs.

It's pretty much the same people every time, the ones that seem to have completely ignored the three fantastic wins in a row we had after Hecky was sacked, AND the 3-0 win over Aberdeen.

OK, LD might have taken longer than I would have liked to sack Hecky and bring in a replacement, but she eventually did, and managed to secure (IMO) a good choice as new Head Coach. She backed Hecky during the summer (however misguided we might feel it was now), and I believe she will do again with JR in January and next Summer.

JR will take time to turn things round at Hibs but has had a fairly decent start, considering he's working with what he inherited. He's also not perfect, so will make mistakes, as anybody else would.

You're not happy with the Club's long-term stance on a Family Section? I'm just glad the club don't put people in charge to appease the minority by making quick changes, but instead decide things over the long term, with the good of the support as a whole in mind, and not just a small group that want everything their own way, right away.

Consider that you might actually get what you want in the long run, but that things aren't actually as simple and straightforward as you imagine (like kicking 1,500 ST Holders out of a section of the ground to accommodate an as yet unknown number of 'singers'. There is no guarantee we would have out sung 4,000 crazed bigots last night even if that had happened already).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't you people just try backing the club, and the people helping to run it, and actually give them a chance to turn things round... and stop throwing your toys out the pram, or stamping your feet like a child, when don't get everything you want, when you want it.

Are people running and helping to run club doing a good job?

Waxy
21-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Spot on.
Some people wait for any negative and try to expand it to the maximum even if it’s completely unwarrented (like last night)
Wonder why they do that? 🤔

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 11:51 AM
I agree that criticism of the board is always OTT and often misplaced after a sore loss. This time is no different it seems.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:52 AM
I agree that criticism of the board is always OTT and often misplaced after a sore loss. This time is no different it seems.

So we shouldn't be questioning the custodians now?

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:52 AM
The only folk crawling out the woodwork are those that got/want tickets for Tynecastle but don't go to any other away games. :stirrer: :duck:

Blaster
21-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Think they are doing ok. Didn’t hear you moaning about them after we beat Aberdeen 3-0

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 11:54 AM
So we shouldn't be questioning the custodians now?

I suggest you reread my post if that's the conclusion you came to.

The criticism I've read has been over the top, misplaced and quite clearly emotionally charged, rather than rationally asserted.

You seem very defensive about your position, it'd be better to accept that a lot of people are going to disagree with you.

hhibs
21-12-2019, 11:56 AM

In your use of the insulting tone and headline,you are behaving exactly as you accuse others of doing.

Disappointing.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:57 AM
I suggest you reread my post if that's the conclusion you came to.

The criticism I've read has been over the top, misplaced and quite clearly emotionally charged, rather than rationally asserted.

You seem very defensive about your position, it'd be better to accept that a lot of people are going to disagree with you.

Opinions are fine. Doesn't mean others are wrong or I am wrong. We all think differently

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Opinions are fine. Doesn't mean others are wrong or I am wrong. We all think differently

Well I won't be disagreeing with that.

B.H.F.C
21-12-2019, 12:03 PM
We’ve played half a league season and only managed to win 5 games.

Nobody is crawling out of the woodwork, the criticism has been fairly consistent this season. And a lot of it is justified because we’re not in a good place.

The club have been well backed and not used that backing appropriately. It’s only a few months until we’ll be getting asked for our backing again so they don’t have time. If they want to retain the backing they have the better oversee some vast improvements in that time.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Well I won't be disagreeing with that.

Cool. People can misconstrue black and white comments. Depends on their mood at that time

Pretty Boy
21-12-2019, 12:08 PM
I can't really get worked up about it.

No one is going to get much response if they complain about the catering, PA system, social media communication or whatever after a 3-0 win. Throw a 3-0 defeat into the mix and people are far more receptive to and willing to engage with a bit moaning, valid or otherwise. It's not unique to Hibs or football in general.

There's plenty to discuss about where Hibs are at the moment. I've never viewed supporting or backing the the club as being as being as simple as shutting up and clapping like a trained seal regardless of what I might be thinking. There are some valid points being made, arguably as many as there is hysterical nonsense.

Eyrie
21-12-2019, 12:13 PM
I find Hibs.net to be a very quick read after a bad defeat, because I can ignore 90% of the threads. The other 10% may contain some constructive comments.

As regards last night, our unbalanced squad played poorly against a much better team with a much bigger budget. I'll reserve my concern for when it is realistic - losing to a poor Hearts team on Thursday or failing to address the need for some midfield muscle and workrate (if either of those happens).

Smartie
21-12-2019, 12:15 PM

Dempster did a brilliant job early on in her time with us.

Hibs lost their way a bit around the summer McGinn and McGeouch left and I think it was the combination of a good team breaking down and Farmer / Petrie wanting out that also contributed.

Ron Gordon has taken charge and is taking a bit of time to assess things, which he is right to do. Between transfer windows there is a limit to what a lot of people can do to improve fortunes. LD acted correctly re Hecky imo - gave him enough time to turn it around then acted decisively when it became obvious he couldn’t. The appointment of Ross is a good one, we’ve had some decent results and performances since Hecky left and I think we’ve done about as well as could have been expected to with our current players.

I’ve suspended judgment for a while as we’re in a bit of a transition period but I think we’ll improve after January and I’m quite confident about next season. I’m pretty sure that many of the other off-field problems brought up (sponsorship etc) will be resolved in the not too distant future.

SMAXXA
21-12-2019, 12:18 PM
It’s far to early to question RG and the future under his stewardship. Does seem that after a bad defeat folk question everything and moan like ****. I’d credit him with sacking PH and appointing JR which I’m sure he didn’t in visage in his short time in charge. The rest it’s too early to pass judgement imo

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Dempster did a brilliant job early on in her time with us.

Hibs lost their way a bit around the summer McGinn and McGeouch left and I think it was the combination of a good team breaking down and Farmer / Petrie wanting out that also contributed.

Ron Gordon has taken charge and is taking a bit of time to assess things, which he is right to do. Between transfer windows there is a limit to what a lot of people can do to improve fortunes. LD acted correctly re Hecky imo - gave him enough time to turn it around then acted decisively when it became obvious he couldn’t. The appointment of Ross is a good one, we’ve had some decent results and performances since Hecky left and I think we’ve done about as well as could have been expected to with our current players.

I’ve suspended judgment for a while as we’re in a bit of a transition period but I think we’ll improve after January and I’m quite confident about next season. I’m pretty sure that many of the other off-field problems brought up (sponsorship etc) will be resolved in the not too distant future.

Fair points

J-C
21-12-2019, 12:29 PM
I think this season was expected to be a settling in season for the new owner and Heckingbottom but due to our horrendous start, that went tits up. Top 6 would've done us and allowed Gordon to look at the club and then make plans for whatever change he wanted. We still need to wait and see what plans he has, until then we seem to be just plodding on, I remember him saying he expects us to be best of the rest, well at the moment we're mid table average.

HFC93
21-12-2019, 12:46 PM
The Dempster thread is embarrassing.

stoneyburn hibs
21-12-2019, 12:55 PM
The Dempster thread is embarrassing.

As are others, this place is a car crash after a defeat.