PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon ... again.

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2019, 11:11 AM
As I said when Ron Gordon took over the club, it is a very stupid person who buys a football club and thinks that if it goes wrong they wont be the ultimate target for the ire of its supporters ... even I'm not fickle enough to start having a serious go at him this early, but the signs are not good thus far and if his tenure as Hibs owner is to be memorable for the right reasons there are a few things he needs to start looking to do.

1) Find a way to increase the wage bill at this club which will enable us to compete with everybody in Scotland outside of the OF and at least put a team on the park able to make the uglies games with us a bit more than the 'gimmie' for them the last few have been. That for me means finding a way to be a consistently higher paying club than Aberdeen.

2) Off the field we appear to be a club going backwards. Since the start of this season there has been issues with the turnstiles and for the second time in the last three home games last night there was a problem with the FF turnstiles which resulted in folk missing the kick off ... the 3rd time its happened to me this season, once in the east and twice in the FF, there is clearly an ongoing problem and it should have been addressed by now. The PA system is nothing short of woeful and it needs sorted as well.

3) He needs to convert the FF lower into an ultras, singing, standing ... whatever ... section. I don't care what anybody says, Easter Road is absolutely crying out for this, its blindingly obvious.

Yes all this costs money ... a lot of money ... But from where I stand the alpha and omega of football club ownership is to provided that money and if you cant do it yourself find a way to raise it without busting the club. That's the job of the owner and if Ron Gordon didn't have that in mind when he bought the club then my question to him is ... why did you bother in the first place?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Ego trip? That is only my thinking of why he bought us

Steve88
21-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Understand Strategic plans will be shared publicly early Q1 of 2020.

Andy74
21-12-2019, 11:15 AM
As I said when Ron Gordon took over the club, it is a very stupid person who buys a football club and thinks that if it goes wrong they wont be the ultimate target for the ire of its supporters ... even I'm not fickle enough to start having a serious go at him this early, but the signs are not good thus far and if his tenure as Hibs owner is to be memorable for the right reasons there are a few things he needs to start looking to do.

1) Find a way to increase the wage bill at this club which will enable us to compete with everybody in Scotland outside of the OF and at least put a team on the park able to make the uglies games with us a bit more than the 'gimmie' for them the last few have been. That for me means finding a way to be a consistently higher paying club than Aberdeen.

2) Off the field we appear to be a club going backwards. Since the start of this season there has been issues with the turnstiles and for the second time in the last three home games last night there was a problem with the FF turnstiles which resulted in folk missing the kick off ... the 3rd time its happened to me this season, once in the east and twice in the FF, there is clearly an ongoing problem and it should have been addressed by now. The PA system is nothing short of woeful and it needs sorted as well.

3) He needs to convert the FF lower into an ultras, singing, standing ... whatever ... section. I don't care what anybody says, Easter Road is absolutely crying out for this, its blindingly obvious.

Yes all this costs money ... a lot of money ... But from where I stand the alpha and omega of football club ownership is to provided that money and if you cant do it yourself find a way to raise it without busting the club. That's the job of the owner and if Ron Gordon didn't have that in mind when he bought the club then my question to him is ... why did you bother in the first place?

I don’t see the point in these type of posts that usually come after defeats.

Are you thinking that the timing of letting us know the future plans will suddenly be brought forward or something?

Let’s see what he has to say in January.

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 11:17 AM
One bad loss and:

Attack Leann Dempster? Check

Attack Ron Gordon? Check.

Can we have some threads on the other usual subjects now please.

The Training Centre

The Family Stand.

Volunteers?

:dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:18 AM
One bad loss and:

The Training Centre

The Family Stand.

Volunteers?

Aye all is rosy right enough

tamig
21-12-2019, 11:21 AM

Ffs the guy said he’d be sharing the strategic plan shortly. Can you not wait until then before questioning his “motives”.? As someone else mentioned, it appears no coincidence that this stuff only seems to surface after a disappointment on the pitch.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Ffs the guy said he’d be sharing the strategic plan shortly. Can you not wait until then before questioning his “motives”.? As someone else mentioned, it appears no coincidence that this stuff only seems to surface after a disappointment on the pitch.

We have heard nothing from him. The wait better be worth it

Heisenberg
21-12-2019, 11:23 AM

No one is saying that.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:23 AM

How much did we hear from tom farmer

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:24 AM
No one is saying that.

Quoted after poster saying this occurs after one bad loss. For me it's a combination of a horrid season this far

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:25 AM
How much did we hear from tom farmer

Ah that old chestnut

tamig
21-12-2019, 11:27 AM

Eh, we did. Did you not watch his interview when he said he hoped he’d be able to share his plans towards the end of the year/start of next year?

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2019, 11:27 AM
I don’t see the point in these type of posts that usually come after defeats.

Are you thinking that the timing of letting us know the future plans will suddenly be brought forward or something?

Let’s see what he has to say in January.

You are right mate, it is after a defeat when posts like this come along ... how could anybody after watching that last night not feel anything but negative, but inspired by negativity or not the things I have highlighted are no less valid and real issues for this football club.

We do need to find a way to increase the wage budget at this club, for far too long we have languished behind Aberdeen and Hearts, our direct long term competition for cups and European places in the area of playing budget and comparative league position over the last 20 years is proof positive that it has made a difference.

The turnstiles 'have' been an ongoing issue since the new system was introduced and it 'does' need sorted.

The atmosphere at ER apart from in a couple of games a season is generally pish and the lower FF needs to be made to happen and encouraged by the club to become a real focus for atmosphere with 2000 loud and noisy fans in it at every game .... it can be done and it should be done.

So as I said .... As owner that's Ron Gordon's job and if he is incapable of doing it or thinks it cant be done, then as I said ... what the hell is the point of him?

I don't want to hear utterances from our new owner about being realistic either. I live my life being 'realistic' ... I'm realistic enough to know I cant have a Rolls Royce or live in a mansion with a super model. So when it comes to football ... **** realism.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Just because we hit a half decent wee run doesnt mean the problems that were there before both on and off the pitch dissapear or should be swept under the carpet.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Ah that old chestnut

Cant remember seeing as many posts from you then moaning about not hearing from him? As someone else mentioned, it was predictable this would pop up and predictable that certain posters would comment. He gave an interview not so long ago but I'm guessing you chose to ignore that fact so you can have another pop at the board

Andy74
21-12-2019, 11:36 AM
You are right mate, it is after a defeat when posts like this come along ... how could anybody after watching that last night not feel anything but negative, but inspired by negativity or not the things I have highlighted are no less valid and real issues for this football club.

We do need to find a way to increase the wage budget at this club, for far too long we have languished behind Aberdeen and Hearts, our direct long term competition for cups and European places in the area of playing budget and comparative league position over the last 20 years is proof positive that it has made a difference.

The turnstiles 'have' been an ongoing issue since the new system was introduced and it 'does' need sorted.

The atmosphere at ER apart from in a couple of games a season is generally pish and the lower FF needs to be made to happen and encouraged by the club to become a real focus for atmosphere with 2000 loud and noisy fans in it at every game .... it can be done and it should be done.

So as I said .... As owner that's Ron Gordon's job and if he is incapable of doing it or thinks it cant be done, then as I said ... what the hell is the point of him?

I don't want to hear utterances from our new owner about being realistic either. I live my life being 'realistic' ... I'm realistic enough to know I cant have a Rolls Royce or live in a mansion with a super model. So when it comes to football ... **** realism.

Yep and he’s said that the plans are being worked on and will be announced early next year. Perhaps we can hear that before questioning his motives?

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2019, 11:36 AM

I get your point, but one question is where the 2000 loud and noisy fans are going to be found? How many are in the existing 'singing section'? There are, as far as I can see, a couple of hundred 'singers' regularly at matches.

Build it and they will come? That is a risky strategy and not one that is guaranteed to work.

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Ron and the board will be working on a mid/long term strategy for the club, whilst ensuring we operate effectively at our current level, that's their job.

There's no magic wand an owner can wave that makes us beat Rangers. Significant changes to infrastructure take time and planning, else you end up with a failure (cc. Hearts' new stand).

Personally I think a man with no prior alligences to Hibs, who decides to come in and wipe all of our debt (plus an additional cash injection) has already made a significant contribution to the club.

I don't understand how any other judgements could be made at this point.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Cant remember seeing as many posts from you then moaning about not hearing from him? As someone else mentioned, it was predictable this would pop up and predictable that certain posters would comment. He gave an interview not so long ago but I'm guessing you chose to ignore that fact so you can have another pop at the board

Oh dear.... You happy with our regression?

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:43 AM

Regression, are we debt free now?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Regression, are we debt free now?

And how is our team doing?

tamig
21-12-2019, 11:46 AM

You don’t half slaver some pish.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:47 AM
You don’t half slaver some pish.

Really?

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:47 AM
And how is our team doing?

That's not what I asked, are we debt free?

Since90+2
21-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Are we not higher in the league than we were this time last season?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:50 AM
That's not what I asked, are we debt free?

And what do we have to show for it?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Are we not higher in the league than we were this time last season?

You know that answer so why ask. We are poor all over the park

Since90+2
21-12-2019, 11:52 AM
You know that answer so why ask. We are poor all over the park

So we've not regressed then?

Beefster

No debt.

Allant1981

Did you really just ask that, we have only just been bought over, only just been made debt free, success doesnt happen straight away unless you live in some fantasy football world. So to say we are in regression is just utter nonsense

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:53 AM
So we've not regressed then?

Do we have a sponsor? Do we have a better squad?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Did you really just ask that, we have only just been bought over, only just been made debt free, success doesnt happen straight away unless you live in some fantasy football world. So to say we are in regression is just utter nonsense

In your opinion obviously

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:54 AM
In your opinion obviously

Its fact, not opinion, we are debt free, moving up the league since the manager was sacked, is that not progression?

Brightside
21-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Always the same after any defeat.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Its fact, not opinion, we are debt free, moving up the league since the manager was sacked, is that not progression?

You are correct. Apologies

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Shortly was in the summer. Then after Hecky got sacked. We still have no idea what the guys deal is.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Short term progression from possible disaster yes, over a period of time we’ve regressed badly on and off the pitch.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Short term progression from possible disaster yes, over a period of time we’ve regressed badly on and off the pitch.

I agree but since the new owner came in we are now debt free, slowly but surely climbing up the league, that is progression no matter how anti board any fan is. As I mentioned earlier no owner has came in and had instant success, dont even think the man city owners got instant success, these things take time and hopefully given time we are the same, more money can now be spent on players due to having no debt, surely no one can complain about that

Inch joe
21-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Seemed rosy enough, after the aberdeen game.

Blaster
21-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Always the same after any defeat.

Exactly. Ross has done well to get as many points as he has with an imbalanced squad. Hopefully he can address that in January

18Craig75
21-12-2019, 12:24 PM
FFS. It’s bad result. Get over it. Some people must be exhausted with flip flopping between everything being amazing, then everything being horrific.

The board have literally done all they can until January. Got rid of an incompetent manager & players will be brought in, in a couple of weeks.

Relax.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 12:27 PM
I agree but since the new owner came in we are now debt free, slowly but surely climbing up the league, that is progression no matter how anti board any fan is. As I mentioned earlier no owner has came in and had instant success, dont even think the man city owners got instant success, these things take time and hopefully given time we are the same, more money can now be spent on players due to having no debt, surely no one can complain about that

I personally just want to know what the script is tbh. 👍

Ozyhibby
21-12-2019, 12:30 PM
I’m all for getting stuck into the club for the way it’s been run, and that has been pretty poorly recently but given that they have said they will announce a restructure in January (and I believe them given the jobs that have been advertised) and they have just appointed a new manager then there is not really much to say just now. They have recognised it wasn’t going well and are acting on it. Once the restructure has been announced and we see how it’s working we can pass judgement.
We have to limp to January and hope the club can undo the dreadful summer recruitment.
We need European football next season if we are to realise the goals the club themselves set so there can be no half measures in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
21-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Shortly was in the summer. Then after Hecky got sacked. We still have no idea what the guys deal is.

He said in October - or maybe November - he’d hope to share his plans before the end of the year or early in the new year. He hasn’t broken any commitments so can we not just wait and see what comes out before jumping on the guy’s back?

The Gorf
21-12-2019, 12:57 PM
That's the Hibs way though. Always has been ,always will be I'm afraid. Unless we win every single match and currently that ain't gonna happen.

One bad loss and:

The Training Centre

The Family Stand.

Volunteers?

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 01:08 PM
He said in October - or maybe November - he’d hope to share his plans before the end of the year or early in the new year. He hasn’t broken any commitments so can we not just wait and see what comes out before jumping on the guy’s back?

I’m not jumping on his back. We’ve been waiting almost six months to hear our new owners plans. I would say we’ve been extremely patient. Why does it take so long to share his plan? He must have had some plan in mind to buy the club in the first place. It’s the same with the sponsorship that over the period of a few months we all got told there was major announcements coming between the club and the foundation, even the woman’s team has fallen to ****. That’s nothing to do or on the back of a ***** result last night as these things happen but there are loads of questions to be asked.

RoYO!
21-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Here’s a way to fix the PA...

Hire the guy that does the anfield tannoy! The squeaky DJ voice doesn’t come across well. Any police announcement is loud and clear.

tamig
21-12-2019, 02:10 PM
I’m not jumping on his back. We’ve been waiting almost six months to hear our new owners plans. I would say we’ve been extremely patient. Why does it take so long to share his plan? He must have had some plan in mind to buy the club in the first place. It’s the same with the sponsorship that over the period of a few months we all got told there was major announcements coming between the club and the foundation, even the woman’s team has fallen to ****. That’s nothing to do or on the back of a ***** result last night as these things happen but there are loads of questions to be asked.
He’s said he’s reviewing every area of the business. Hibs are a reasonable sized operation with many departments. Maybe he’s come across things he didn’t anticipate. Who knows? I’d rather wait for something that’s been done properly rather than have disorganised chaos in the manner of the hertz stand “project”.

jacomo
21-12-2019, 02:32 PM
One bad loss and:

The Training Centre

The Family Stand.

Volunteers?

I hear what you are saying but we are being made to wait an awful long time for details of this fabled new plan.

Yes it was entirely reasonable for Ron to take stock when he came in, get to know people at the club and take some time to work out what the priorities are.

But it’s been a while now and we are still in the dark... has his £1m upfront cash injection been spent, for example, or is it sitting in a bank account?

jonny
21-12-2019, 02:43 PM
The argument about the FF lower has been rumbling on for years.
My family group have 7 seats together a couple of rows from the back and just off centre. It's a cracking view. We've been there for 5 years and I'd be reluctant to give it up unless I was offered an equally good view of the pitch and kept together with the group.
Where would you suggest moving all the families to? Bearing in mind, as I said that all the groups need to be kept together and also taking account of the fact that you'd be unable to shift any other current ST holders.
I appreciate that the atmosphere could be improved by putting the singing section in there but logistically it doesn't seem viable.

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 09:59 PM
My family group have 7 seats together a couple of rows from the back and just off centre. It's a cracking view. We've been there for 5 years and I'd be reluctant to give it up unless I was offered an equally good view of the pitch and kept together with the group.
Where would you suggest moving all the families to? Bearing in mind, as I said that all the groups need to be kept together and also taking account of the fact that you'd be unable to shift any other current ST holders.
I appreciate that the atmosphere could be improved by putting the singing section in there but logistically it doesn't seem viable.

With number ST we have there is space if people are flexible.

GreenCastle
21-12-2019, 10:17 PM

South Lower.

You could nearly have identical seats.

Before anyone says away fans..what about Hibs kids games ?

Hearts full stand - offer tickets in any other part of ground as priority - even add a plus 1 for another kid / adult.

Old Firm - would give them upper corner minimum - take a stance and the club stop being so soft. Keep seats or move - again most families don’t seem to go to Old firm games as shown continuously with empty seats.

No one else except Aberdeen fill up much of the stand. You will then have Hibs fans on all 4 sides of the stadium.

FF upper where signing section can also be an option or even end sections of the FF lower. Having the section about families just now obviously isn’t an issue.

allezsauzee
21-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Ultimately what needs to be addressed is the quality of our squad. Compare it to where we were 2 seasons ago and it's fairly obvious why results and performances are not as good. We haven't replaced the quality of McGinn and McGeough and players that are still here are not playing at the same level as they were 2 years ago, whether due to injuries, being past their best or poor form. If Ron Gordon is serious about making us a force at the top of the, we need to be able pay attractive enough salaries to attract good enough players.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Debt free means we have reduced (eliminates) costs in that area was that 500k per year?
How much did we usually take in from sponsorship?

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Debt free means we have reduced (eliminates) costs in that area was that 500k per year?
How much did we usually take in from sponsorship?

Why would you compare the failing of the board to secure a sponsor (which they then lied and said some pish about exciting news coming up in partnership with the community foundation) with RG paying STF all his money back?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2019, 11:24 PM
Just being objective.
To view a board as failing you also need to look at the constraints.

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2019, 01:26 AM
Just being objective.
To view a board as failing you also need to look at the constraints.

I don't have a problem with what you say. But the fact is that with a new owner and what everybody should not unreasonably hope will be a new era for the club we appear to have regressed over the last year. The turnstiles have been an issue all season, the tannoy has been an issue for longer than that and the team on the park has won 5 out of 19 matches in the league ..... the fan base which we were beating away with a stick 18 months ago were so convinced we had no chance at Hampden that only around 5000 of them could be arsed to support the club in a semi final.

Other folk have painted my post as having a go at the board and Ron Gordon ... but that's not strictly true, the things I was pointing out are things I think they need to find a way to address before the end of the season, like the turnstiles and tannoy and in the longer term like finding a way to increase the player wages budget .... that's hardly demanding miracles is it, I mean ye gods its the most basic things any football club should aim for.

I mean, you talk of constraints and folk go on about being realistic .... But should the basic aim of any football club not be at the very least have turnstiles that work and a PA system folk can actually hear, that's not exactly demanding that we win the league is it? And FFS ... if the ambition of the club is not to find a way to increase the playing squad wage budget to a level where we can attract better players than the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts then as I said, what's the point?

basehibby
22-12-2019, 03:05 AM
I don't have a problem with what you say. But the fact is that with a new owner and what everybody should not unreasonably hope will be a new era for the club we appear to have regressed over the last year. The turnstiles have been an issue all season, the tannoy has been an issue for longer than that and the team on the park has won 5 out of 19 matches in the league ..... the fan base which we were beating away with a stick 18 months ago were so convinced we had no chance at Hampden that only around 5000 of them could be arsed to support the club in a semi final.

Other folk have painted my post as having a go at the board and Ron Gordon ... but that's not strictly true, the things I was pointing out are things I think they need to find a way to address before the end of the season, like the turnstiles and tannoy and in the longer term like finding a way to increase the player wages budget .... that's hardly demanding miracles is it, I mean ye gods its the most basic things any football club should aim for.

I mean, you talk of constraints and folk go on about being realistic .... But should the basic aim of any football club not be at the very least have turnstiles that work and a PA system folk can actually hear, that's not exactly demanding that we win the league is it? And FFS ... if the ambition of the club is not to find a way to increase the playing squad wage budget to a level where we can attract better players than the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts then as I said, what's the point?

I think the points you raise are fair concerns and I'd like to hear more about Ron's strategic aims for the club too - both on and off the pitch. It sounds like that's in the pipeline though so we just have to show a wee bit more patience in that respect. Actions speak louder than words though and it would be good to see a statement of intent in the shape of backing for Ross to strengthen in the forthcoming window.

The issues with the turnstiles and PA though - I agree it's disappointing that these have not been addressed yet as they're more day to day basics.

DarlingtonHibee
22-12-2019, 05:47 AM
I'm expecting to hear more about the strategy at the agm.

Heisenberg
22-12-2019, 06:02 AM
Ultimately what needs to be addressed is the quality of our squad. Compare it to where we were 2 seasons ago and it's fairly obvious why results and performances are not as good. We haven't replaced the quality of McGinn and McGeough and players that are still here are not playing at the same level as they were 2 years ago, whether due to injuries, being past their best or poor form. If Ron Gordon is serious about making us a force at the top of the, we need to be able pay attractive enough salaries to attract good enough players.

This is what it boils down to. Folk wouldn’t give a **** about Ron’s business strategy if we were consistently winning on the park. Big January and summer windows coming up.

Phil MaGlass
22-12-2019, 10:19 AM
I dread this thread if Hertz beat us

Beefster
22-12-2019, 10:25 AM
I dread this thread if Hertz beat us

I dread this forum if they beat us. Folk are already stirring ***** (sorry, asking questions) and others are whipping themselves up into a frenzy.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2019, 10:31 AM
I dread this forum if they beat us. Folk are already stirring ***** (sorry, asking questions) and others are whipping themselves up into a frenzy.

Maybe we need a forum/club statement ;)

Seriously tho it’s an Internet forum so something’s come with the territory although thankfully we’ve been more fortunate than some others when out comes to outright bile.

Alfred E Newman
22-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Ron Gordon's long term plan will become clearer after the AGM. :I'm waiti:I'm waiti:I'm waiti

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2019, 12:59 PM

I started the thread and even without the football lesson we got on Friday night I would have been on moaning about the turnstiles ... that's the 3rd time this season I've missed the kick off due to problems getting in and the second time I've missed a goal, the first being a cracker against Newcastle .. or so they tell me. I'm not going to deny that I'm the type to stroll up 5 minutes before kick off, because I am, so if I miss the kick off due to that its my own fault ... but if I'm late getting in because the turnstiles have broken down ( again ) no matter what time I get there, that's a failure on Hibs part and not giving me full value for my money.

I'm not your archetypal happy clapper, in that I don't think fans should just pay up and shut up ... but for 40 odd years I've attended games no matter how rubbish we have been and that in my opinion gives me the right to point out stuff I feel the club should be doing to improve on and off the park and after 4 and a half decades of watching Hibs continually fail to put together even a period of 5 years where we regularly made Europe its not an unreasonable thing to be doing if you ask me .... the timing of it, be that during a brilliant run or after an arse kicking like Friday night is in my opinion irrelevant, because no matter what I'll still be at the next home game.

ScottB
22-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Can’t say I expected much, or wonder what anyone else might have realistically expected to happen, certainly in this time frame.

He’s a wealthy man by any measure, but not to the extent that he’s going to start offering up Hearts style ‘donations’ to pay player wages. This is presumably not how he made his fortune, nor is it likely how he wants to lose what he’s got!

We’re debt free now, and there seems to be some sort of review done / ongoing. He’s not a football man, but we can assume he’s a competent businessman based on his track record, that would suggest there’s unlikely to be any rash moves. He’d be unlikely to make wholesale change before he understood what he was changing, and until you had faith in the structure in place, would you throw money at it?

I would think we might see more change behind the scenes in the coming months, perhaps talk of a somewhat bigger budget and improved sponsorship / commercial revenue, but that’s it really.

cocteautwin
22-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Ron Gordon's long term plan will become clearer after the AGM. :I'm waiti:I'm waiti:I'm waiti

Has the date of the AGM been announced or the accounts been made available yet?

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Can’t say I expected much, or wonder what anyone else might have realistically expected to happen, certainly in this time frame.

He’s a wealthy man by any measure, but not to the extent that he’s going to start offering up Hearts style ‘donations’ to pay player wages. This is presumably not how he made his fortune, nor is it likely how he wants to lose what he’s got!

We’re debt free now, and there seems to be some sort of review done / ongoing. He’s not a football man, but we can assume he’s a competent businessman based on his track record, that would suggest there’s unlikely to be any rash moves. He’d be unlikely to make wholesale change before he understood what he was changing, and until you had faith in the structure in place, would you throw money at it?

I would think we might see more change behind the scenes in the coming months, perhaps talk of a somewhat bigger budget and improved sponsorship / commercial revenue, but that’s it really.

Clubs like Hibs rarely attract the kind of owner who has bottomless pockets and nobody is under any illusions that Ron Gordon is in that category. In fact in football terms his reported 'fortune' of 75 million quid probably wouldn't buy you one of the top 100 players in Europe.

From that perspective I'm not expecting him to empty his personal bank account making Hibs the 3rd force in Scottish football. But what I sincerely am hoping is that he is the sort of clever and innovative owner who can attract the amount of investment into the club which will put us a step ahead of our rivals on and off the park ... that is how I will judge Ron Gordon.

So far all I have done is point out a few of the things that need doing, some of them very basic, I have not actually criticised Ron Gordon for not doing them yet. Like everybody else I'm waiting with bated breath for his speech at the AGM .... if its full of phrases like 'realism' and 'managing expectations' then for me it will just be another wha, wha, wha moment to go along with all the other wha, wha, wha moments you get following this club.

Alfred E Newman
22-12-2019, 02:42 PM

No.:bitchy:

DarlingtonHibee
22-12-2019, 05:17 PM

No, but I think late January

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Got told a few weeks back that Ron will be making some 'very positive' announcements early New Year. No idea what, when etc.

Same person told me Stubbs was away long before he was.

I guess we wait and see.

Stuart93
22-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Got told a few weeks back that Ron will be making some 'very positive' announcements early New Year. No idea what, when etc.

Same person told me Stubbs was away long before he was.

I guess we wait and see.

Ron told us this in his recent interview, as did Leann.

Greencore
22-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Wonder what Ron will say and what his plans are for Hibernian fc

Jones28
22-12-2019, 08:59 PM
I think the acceptance that season is a transitional one will ease a lot of stresses. It’s the biggest change the club has undergone since the early 90’s so I think (and hope) that if the fans are patient we will see the rewards in the next couple of years. I’d like to see a (very slight) shift towards the American fan experience: safe standing being available, revamped catering options etc.

It’s exciting, though dragging out a wee bit.

Since452
22-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Exciting times lie ahead for the club

GreenCastle
22-12-2019, 09:44 PM
The next statement from Ron / the Board about the future of the club will be interesting to read / hear.

Few things I would be interested to hear about..when the AGM is finally announced...off the top of my head..some more important than others..

Are we still planning new indoor dome type pitch at East Mains?
New shirt sponsor for next season ?
Stadium Plans / Upgrades / internally and externally / PA mess / Improve TV studio / car park plans / FF Health Service plans?
Improvement of atmosphere - FF lower to become safe standing in middle 3 sections as minimum.
ST prices for next year
Away support behaviour at ER (flags and over crowding) - cutting Old Firm allocation to minimum / sectarian singing
Youth Academy - lack of players produced
Why other clubs around world are supporting women's section and Hibs aren't ?