PDA

View Full Version : Lineup for derby?

thegaffer12
21-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Last night was frustrating, but it's definitely given food for thought with the upcoming Hearts game. 4-4-2? 3-5-2? 4-5-1?

Bogdan

Naismith McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Hallberg Allan
Boyle Horgan
Kamberi Doidge

Pace and width as Stendel seems to set them up with massive gaps.

Blaster
21-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Last night was frustrating, but it's definitely given food for thought with the upcoming Hearts game. 4-4-2? 3-5-2? 4-5-1?

Bogdan

Hallberg Allan
Boyle Horgan
Kamberi Doidge

Slivka in for Kamberi and that would be my team

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Jackson
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

4-3-3.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2019, 11:05 AM

Bogdan

Hallberg Allan
Boyle Horgan
Kamberi Doidge

Pace and width as Stendel seems to set them up with massive gaps.That's my thinking too.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Jackson
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

4-3-3.

Kamberi is wasted out wide and Doidge is just a waste.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Allan drops out for me, no space or room at tynecastle, two wide men in Boyle and Horgan, Slivka and Hallberg in the middle, conventional 4-4-2, we don’t have enough defenders to go 3 at the back yet, and Boyle/Horgan’s pace will be instrumental in getting in behind them, will also stop their full backs bombing forward as they are playing 3-5-2 just now.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 11:08 AM

Kamberi constantly drifts to the left whether hes in a front 2 or being asked to play wide so im not sure it makes much of a difference tbh.

1875M
21-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Marciano
Jackson McGregor Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson
Slivka. Allan. Hallberg
Doidge. Kamberi

Pretty Boy
21-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Bogdan

Naismith
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

Halberg
Allan
Slivka
Boyle

Kamberi
Doidge

I'd be tempted to go for Jackson over McGregor given the latter is just back from injury but Jackson has hardly kicked a ball either so not sure there is much difference in terms of match sharpness. I'd also like to see Newell back in but I'm assuming he is still not fit and Boyles pace could be a huge asset against the whatever press.

Helensburghhibs
21-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Here's a mix of what id like and what's likely to be realistic.

Rocky
Mcgregor Jackson hanlon
Hallberg
Allan slyvka
Boyle horgan
Doidge Kamberi

J-C
21-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Slivka

Boyle
Allan
Horgan

Flo if fit

Brightside
21-12-2019, 12:24 PM

Bogdan

Hallberg Allan
Boyle Horgan
Kamberi Doidge

Id go with 3 CHs. Hearts will just pump the ball up all day long.

Hibee Mac
21-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Pitch is really narrow so the diamond may have more joy there. That being said changes in personnel are absolutely required.

Mallan needs dropped, I've no idea why he was reinstated in the first place. Allan was anonymous v Rangers although I expect him to turn up v Hearts. Slivka and Hallberg to start in the middle and we might have a chance.

Hibees1973
21-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Allan
Hallberg
Horgan

Doidge
Kamberi

If fit, Gray and McGregor must get back into the side. The key for me is our back 4 must be solid and put in a shift. I would put Horgan back in based on his performance at tiny last time.

I really worry about Hanlon and Stevenson in our side. We don’t have anything better available than them on Thursday, but it is long overdue for the pair of them to be shipped out.

We are no great shakes and Hearts are in a real mess, just like their pitch. Will be a real bruising game that will probably suit Hearts more.

They are in a desperate situation and I fear we may not be up for the fight. This is why Gray and McGregor must be back in the side. If both make it we have a great chance. If either don’t we will lose.

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Christ, you think McGregor and Gray are must haves and it's Hanlon and Lewis who are long overdue to be shipped out. At least they're fit to play games. Gray hasn't even made the bench. Would be insane to start him.

Edit - supposed to quote person above.

Speedway
21-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Jackson
James

Hallberg
Slivka
Boyle
Horgan

Doidge
Kambo-gini

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 07:58 PM
I hope Bogdan is ready, as he'd be my choice.

I think Mallan should be dropped for this one. I'm not of the view that Allan and Mallan can never work together (they worked well against Aberdeen).... but it's not a great idea against The Rangers, Celtc or Hearts.

We really need to add a bit of steel to our squad

wallpaperman
21-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can we appeal Porteous’s red card, and if so is there a chance they can’t deal with it before Christmas and would be available for the derby?

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 08:49 PM

Seven goals in five games is a waste?

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Pitch is really narrow so the diamond may have more joy there.

The narrow pitch is exactly why we need to avoid a diamond IMO.

I'd argue that two natural wingers will see us cut them open. Don't let them make it a midfield battle with no football being played.

If it's an actual, technical game of football, we win 9/10 times right now.

Brightside
21-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Christ, you think McGregor and Gray are must haves and it's Hanlon and Lewis who are long overdue to be shipped out. At least they're fit to play games. Gray hasn't even made the bench. Would be insane to start him.

Edit - supposed to quote person above.

Mental. Also people saying to drop Doidge? This place is nuts.

Speedway
21-12-2019, 09:09 PM
The narrow pitch is exactly why we need to avoid a diamond IMO.

I'd argue that two natural wingers will see us cut them open. Don't let them make it a midfield battle with no football being played.

If it's an actual, technical game of football, we win 9/10 times right now.

But it’s not and more often than not, we don’t.

berwickhibee
21-12-2019, 09:31 PM
4-4-2

Bogdan

Naismith
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Hallberg
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

We have to get at their full backs.

Kato
21-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Seven goals in five games is a waste?In my opinion he doesn't think that Doidge is a waste, but he is writing it. "Seven goals in five games, boys a waste." Nobody is thinking that.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Kato
21-12-2019, 09:39 PM
But it’s not and more often than not, we don’t.With Stendal away until the match are we going to get his tactics or are loads of ex-Hearts managers going to be instilling the usual agricultural mode?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 09:39 PM
But it’s not and more often than not, we don’t.

You're not wrong, but I think it's up to us to dictate that this time.

I know we've been burned in similar circumstances before, but they really are rotten right now. If we're capable of battering Aberdeen then the players should have no fear.

Unseen work
21-12-2019, 10:21 PM
I’m scared of this game I can’t lie. We aren’t that good despite a couple of good results and whilst Hearts are rotten, they always raise their game against us and with it being at Tynecastle it will be a battle.

Horrible surface will suit them to a tee and they will chase us down at every opportunity making life difficult for us.

I seen someone mention dropping Allan and tbh I don’t think that’s a terrible idea as they will try crowd him out and I’m not sure how much he will be able to influence the game. He won’t be dropped though as that’s managerial suicide as it turns out, I also think you play your best players regardless.

........................Bogdan..................

............Mcgregor...Jackson....Hanlon........

Boyle......Slivka........Hallberg.............Horg an

.........................Allan..............

............Doidge..........Kamberi....

Is something I’d like to see. Attack them with pace and direct running couple with two strikers and I’m unsure they would cope. Horgan and Boyle wing backs is a risk but it will force them back and I’m not sure their wingers off much, they also have the pace to get back and Hallberg and Slivka will be able to sit and cover the areas left open.

It would leave us with the defence plus Slivka and Hallberg sitting back when we have the ball. That should be more than enough bodies and athleticism to counter anything hearts throw at us. If we get bodies in the hearts half they won’t cope.

I’m expecting either the same as the last 3 games or a change to how we started the second half v Rangers with Horgan and Slivka in.

Zazu62
21-12-2019, 10:29 PM
2 strikers. We played 2 strikers at Celtic and against the huns.

allezsauzee
21-12-2019, 10:32 PM
We need to make it much harder to get cross balls in against us while having pace to punish them as they play a high line. I'd go with

Bogdan

Boyle Slivka Allan Hallberg Horgan

Doidge

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2019, 10:35 PM
We need to make it much harder to get cross balls in against us while having pace to punish them as they play a high line. I'd go with

Bogdan

Doidge

This team

Smartie
21-12-2019, 10:41 PM
I’m scared of this game I can’t lie. We aren’t that good despite a couple of good results and whilst Hearts are rotten, they always raise their game against us and with it being at Tynecastle it will be a battle.

Horrible surface will suit them to a tee and they will chase us down at every opportunity making life difficult for us.

I seen someone mention dropping Allan and tbh I don’t think that’s a terrible idea as they will try crowd him out and I’m not sure how much he will be able to influence the game. He won’t be dropped though as that’s managerial suicide as it turns out, I also think you play your best players regardless.

Is something I’d like to see. Attack them with pace and direct running couple with two strikers and I’m unsure they would cope. Horgan and Boyle wing backs is a risk but it will force them back and I’m not sure their wingers off much, they also have the pace to get back and Hallberg and Slivka will be able to sit and cover the areas left open.

It would leave us with the defence plus Slivka and Hallberg sitting back when we have the ball. That should be more than enough bodies and athleticism to counter anything hearts throw at us. If we get bodies in the hearts half they won’t cope.

I’m expecting either the same as the last 3 games or a change to how we started the second half v Rangers with Horgan and Slivka in.

I think I’d go with a variation on this - Whittaker on the right of the back 3 in place of Jackson with McGregor in the middle, and I’d keep Lewis in for Horgan.

Flo pulls out left a lot anyway, and I’d like to see Whittaker and Hanlon stepping out of defence with the ball.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Why not go Horgan and Boyle as wingbacks play Jackson Hanlon McGregor Allan Mallan Halberg with our two up top?

They are utter **** and we shouldn’t be worried about them especially when they have no pace or width.

allezsauzee
21-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Why not go Horgan and Boyle as wingbacks play Jackson Hanlon McGregor Allan Mallan Halberg with our two up top?

They are utter **** and we shouldn’t be worried about them especially when they have no pace or width.

They are woeful however I don't think we should help them out by making it easy to swing in crosses to their big heefer up front by playing wingers as wing backs. 2 full backs and 2 pacey wingers so that we are not as narrow as we started out against The Rangers while taking advantage of their lack of pace. 2 midfielders that stick their foot in midfield with Scotty playing more advanced. Big Doidgy to hold the ball while we break at pace. Boom...we dish out a pumping to them

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 10:58 PM
Bogdan

Naismith
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

Halberg
Allan
Slivka
Boyle

Kamberi
Doidge

I'd be tempted to go for Jackson over McGregor given the latter is just back from injury but Jackson has hardly kicked a ball either so not sure there is much difference in terms of match sharpness. I'd also like to see Newell back in but I'm assuming he is still not fit and Boyles pace could be a huge asset against the whatever press.

That would be my team. Daz in fir Ryan who is suspended. Give us some leadership and pitch smaller so less exposed by pace. Mallan has to go Slivka has more bite and dynamic. We need to upfront to provide pressure on their defense.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 11:06 PM
They are woeful however I don't think we should help them out by making it easy to swing in crosses to their big heefer up front by playing wingers as wing backs. 2 full backs and 2 pacey wingers so that we are not as narrow as we started out against The Rangers while taking advantage of their lack of pace. 2 midfielders that stick their foot in midfield with Scotty playing more advanced. Big Doidgy to hold the ball while we break at pace. Boom...we dish out a pumping to them

Aye, you’re right. 💚

PH91
22-12-2019, 04:27 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Jackson
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

4-3-3.

This team for me with hanlon in for jackson. Naismith in for Gray if not fit.

Theres a good chance clare will play right back and i think flo could give him a roasting if up for it.

makaveli1875
22-12-2019, 05:04 AM
Marciano

Naismith
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Boyle
Shaw
Flo

el hibs
22-12-2019, 06:15 AM
Bogdan

Mcgregor
Hanlon
Jackson

Rwb Naismith
Lwb Stevenson

Hallberg
Allan free to roam
Slivka

Kamberi free to roam
Doidge

Impact bench if winning the battle doesn't work

Boyle
Horgan

Allant1981
22-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Bogdan
McGregor
Jackson
Hanlon
Boyle
Slivka
Hallberg
Allan
Horgan
Kamberi
Doidge

Robbo6-2
22-12-2019, 08:22 AM
Bogdan

Naismith McGregor Hanlon 3 centre halfs

Boyle Stevenson Wingbacks

Slivka Hallberg

Horgan Allan Boyle

Diodge

Wouldnt surprise me if Ross dropped Allan as he is been poor for weeks. Aberdeen game apart i have been really disappointed in his performances.

Hibeesmad
22-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Jackson
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

4-3-3.

This for me too.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Bogdan

Naismith McGregor Hanlon 3 centre halfs

Boyle Stevenson Wingbacks

Slivka Hallberg

Horgan Allan Boyle

Diodge

Wouldnt surprise me if Ross dropped Allan as he is been poor for weeks. Aberdeen game apart i have been really disappointed in his performances.

I will go for this line up too however I am not sure the ref will allow us to start with 12 on the pitch :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Teams from April’s derby at Tynie

Hibs
1Marciano
2Gray
24McGregor
4Hanlon
16Stevenson
5Milligan
7Horgan
14Mallan
40Omeonga
22Kamberi
9McNulty

Subs
6Bartley
8Slivka
26Spector
31Bogdan
33Murray
43Mackie
49Allan

Hearts
1Zlamal
2Smith
4Souttar
6Berra
31Burns
8Lee
5Haring
1Djoum
9Clare
19Ikpeazu
23Mulraney

Subs
3Shaughnessy
7Bozanic
13Doyle
15Wighton
18MacLean
35Keena
38Morrison

So possibly 6 starters in each team from back them

allmodcons
22-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Marciano
Jackson McGregor Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson
Slivka. Allan. Hallberg
Doidge. Kamberi

I like that team especially if you're going 3 - 5 - 2 with Allan playing as high up the park as possible in behind our two forwards.

hibbydog
22-12-2019, 08:28 PM

I like this and the thinking behind it. Maybes Naismith for Jackson and move Daz into the middle. They will lob high balls up to Ikpeazu and we need to out muscle him. Really annoys me that we’ve not been able to counter their Stone Age tactics in the last 2 derbies.

I don’t expect a good game but match up to them physically, win the fight and hope that our pace in the wide areas will be the difference.

Smartie
22-12-2019, 08:49 PM
I like this and the thinking behind it. Maybes Naismith for Jackson and move Daz into the middle. They will lob high balls up to Ikpeazu and we need to out muscle him. Really annoys me that we’ve not been able to counter their Stone Age tactics in the last 2 derbies.

I don’t expect a good game but match up to them physically, win the fight and hope that our pace in the wide areas will be the difference.

Daz or Porteous would be a decent match for Ukpeazu but it's the winning of the second balls that bothers me - we don't have a midfield capable for doing much of that.

Stone Age tactics might actually be quite effective against us. If Stendel makes it a football match, we might wipe the floor with them.

SMAXXA
22-12-2019, 09:52 PM
I’m surprised to see Horgan not featuring in many teams for me he’s shown up well when coming on recently and having him and Boyle on the flanks would potentially destroy their defenders as they are pish at the back. Is this maybe a byproduct of having Allan in the team where we almost need to have an extra CM for him, if that’s the case I’d say play 1 striker with him in the number 10 role. Or just don’t play him and go those 2 out wide with Halberg and slivka on the centre of midfield.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 09:56 PM
I’m surprised to see Horgan not featuring in many teams for me he’s shown up well when coming on recently and having him and Boyle on the flanks would potentially destroy their defenders as they are pish at the back. Is this maybe a byproduct of having Allan in the team where we almost need to have an extra CM for him, if that’s the case I’d say play 1 striker with him in the number 10 role. Or just don’t play him and go those 2 out wide with Halberg and slivka on the centre of midfield.

I’d rather Allan didn’t start, purely because the early stages will be a battle, he won’t see much of the ball and they’ll kick lumps out of him. I’d like him to come on later on when they clearly tire, which will see him have more space and time to pick out his passes.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2019, 10:12 PM
I’d rather Allan didn’t start, purely because the early stages will be a battle, he won’t see much of the ball and they’ll kick lumps out of him. I’d like him to come on later on when they clearly tire, which will see him have more space and time to pick out his passes.

Don’t need to worry about Allan getting kicked. He can take it and he’s one of the few players we have that won’t hide because of it, he’ll still want the ball. It’s up to the rest of them to get the ball to him.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Don’t need to worry about Allan getting kicked. He can take it and he’s one of the few players we have that won’t hide because of it, he’ll still want the ball. It’s up to the rest of them to get the ball to him.

Who are the players who have who hide when kicked? None of them hid against Aberdeen who as as dirty as Hearts.

I've genuinely never seen a Hibs player "hide". I have no idea why that patter is continuously used. Total myth.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 10:16 PM

It wasn’t meant that he doesn’t want it, but we seen on Friday how little effect he has when players are bang on top of him. Hearts drop off significantly second half of games and I’d rather that’s when Allan was on and doing his thing. Early I’d like us to have the two up, with two wingers running at their defence, tire them out, Doidge battering them, then introduce Allan to find the holes and gaps. 9/10 times I’d have Allan in my team every day of the week, just feel this wee change could give us the edge late on when they tire.

GreenCastle
22-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Don’t forget Horgan scored 2 away against them last time.

Maybe it’s his lucky ground...so tempted to start him.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2019, 10:41 PM
Who are the players who have who hide when kicked? None of them hid against Aberdeen who as as dirty as Hearts.

I've genuinely never seen a Hibs player "hide". I have no idea why that patter is continuously used. Total myth.

Take it you weren’t watching during the first half on Friday. Nobody demanding the ball. Nobody tracking runners. Nobody tackling. Nobody trying to be positive when they did get on the ball.

Hiding.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2019, 10:48 PM
It wasn’t meant that he doesn’t want it, but we seen on Friday how little effect he has when players are bang on top of him. Hearts drop off significantly second half of games and I’d rather that’s when Allan was on and doing his thing. Early I’d like us to have the two up, with two wingers running at their defence, tire them out, Doidge battering them, then introduce Allan to find the holes and gaps. 9/10 times I’d have Allan in my team every day of the week, just feel this wee change could give us the edge late on when they tire.

Not for me, got to play your best player in the biggest game of the season. Try to be too clever and you end up chasing the game by the time you get him on the pitch.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Not for me, got to play your best player in the biggest game of the season. Try to be too clever and you end up chasing the game by the time you get him on the pitch.

All depends how you want to play it, they have been playing with two full backs high, for me this means we need wingers on to pin them back. If we play with two wingers, Allan, and 2 strikers, we expose our defence again. I feel we need both strikers to occupy both their centre halves as they can easily be hurt and got at, they’re weaker than us at the back. Playing our diamond in the middle plays into their hands by not playing with any width at all. They’ll cramp it all and stop us playing.

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2019, 03:30 AM
Take it you weren’t watching during the first half on Friday. Nobody demanding the ball. Nobody tracking runners. Nobody tackling. Nobody trying to be positive when they did get on the ball.

Hiding.

I was there. Nobody hiding, just played rubbish in a game that was over after 10 minutes. Kamberi was certainly trying to do all those things, so was Boyle and Allan.

Hiding doesn't exist.

paddy1875
23-12-2019, 05:45 AM

This is exactly the way team and formation I’d go for. Take the risk with the 2 wingbacks.

Near enough every time we travel across the city we often change the way we set up purely to accommodate them and try to nullify them.

They are on the ropes massively at the minute and it’s about time we take the risk and go for it. We could be rewarded with healthy victory. And if it doesn’t work, its just something we’re used to against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
23-12-2019, 06:26 AM
I was there. Nobody hiding, just played rubbish in a game that was over after 10 minutes. Kamberi was certainly trying to do all those things, so was Boyle and Allan.

Hiding doesn't exist.

Afraid it does. Players low of confidence not showing for the ball. 2 blatant examples I recall - Mixu hooked Brian Kerr in the 1st half for hiding against Elfsborg and never played him again. Liam Craig was obviously hiding in a game at Firrhill when it was clear to see he just couldn't cope with having the ball. He just kept standing in places where he couldn't get the ball. Happens a lot.

Anyway team line up is a difficult one. 2 up front weakens us in other ways but neither striker is any good at playing up front alone. Can't see him going to 3-5-2 as we've never played it this season.

I_Love_Latapy
23-12-2019, 06:38 AM
Marciano
Jackson McGregor Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson
Slivka. Allan. Hallberg
Doidge. Kamberi

I would like to give this a go too.

Springbank
23-12-2019, 06:39 AM

Bogdan

Doidge

I have been a critic of stevie mallan in the past, but I'd swap him in for Scott Allan for this one.

Sneaky feeling this could be the Stevie Mallan derby, piledrivers raining in on hearts dodgy keeper(s)

Other than that, I agree with your team here

Heckys Wheel
23-12-2019, 06:52 AM
3 things that are an indictment of our situation right now.

1. We are still talking about a back four of Gray, McGregor, Hanlon and Stevenson.
2. We are talking about going to Tynie with a midfield consisting of Mallan, Allan, Slivka and Newell.
3. Slivka and Newall are being spoken about as adding dig to the midfield.

I’ll add that we are just about to go into the winter break and nobody can decide who our best keeper is. On paper we have 3 Keepers that should walk into most teams in the league yet we can’t get a tune out of any of them.

BarneyHibby
23-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Rocky
Doidge

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2019, 06:59 AM

Hiding doesn't exist.

Kamberi was certainly very trying

Couldnae trap a bag of cement first touch of an elephant back to doing the wee flicks passes and back heels to no one in particular hooked at half time to be followed by Scott Allan after 64 minutes

I agree just played rubbish :greengrin

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 07:01 AM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can we appeal Porteous’s red card, and if so is there a chance they can’t deal with it before Christmas and would be available for the derby?

Yes we could appeal it, it's possible that the appeal wouldn't be held until after Boxing Day so he would be free to play against Hearts but I think it's been pretty much written off after Jack Ross said he agreed with the red card.

.Sean.
23-12-2019, 10:18 AM

Bogdan

Doidge

This but Gray in for Naismith

hibsbollah
23-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson back four is being talked about a lot. As much as they are all legends, this gives me the fear.

Since452
23-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Rather we didn't. Blessing in disguise he's out. A couple of weeks out the team won't do him any harm. Too many mistakes at the moment.

yerauldda
23-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Marciano
Slivka Hallberg Allan
Boyle Kamberi Horgan

Hermit Crab
23-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Marciano
Slivka Hallberg Allan
Boyle Kamberi Horgan

Starting Boyle and Horgan leaves us no pace on the bench to impact the game late on if required. I'd leave one of hem on the bench, probably Horgan.

hfc-1875
23-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Bogdan

Naismith
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Slivka
Allan

Boyle
Doidge
Kamberi

Since452
23-12-2019, 02:46 PM
Same lineup that pumped Aberdeen (Porto aside). McGregor to slot in. I'd stick with the diamond too. Width not as much of an issue on their children's 5' pitch.

Onceinawhile
23-12-2019, 02:50 PM
3-5-2

Send the ball long for the first 45-60 minutes until their players run out of stamina from their "pressing". Because you can guarantee, they will come out the blocks. Doidge to win the high balls and Boyle to get in behind at pace.

Horgan, Flo and Mallan all available to change the game from the bench if necessary.

Rocky

Mcgregor
Jackson
Hanlon

Naismith
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Doidge
Boyle

Billy Whizz
23-12-2019, 04:20 PM
I see from today’s press conference, David Gray is saying he’s fit, and available to play on Thursday, if the Manager selects him

hibsbollah
23-12-2019, 04:22 PM
3-5-2

Send the ball long for the first 45-60 minutes until their players run out of stamina from their "pressing". Because you can guarantee, they will come out the blocks. Doidge to win the high balls and Boyle to get in behind at pace.

Horgan, Flo and Mallan all available to change the game from the bench if necessary.

Rocky

Mcgregor
Jackson
Hanlon

Naismith
Stevenson

Slivka
Hallberg
Allan

Doidge
Boyle

That's my team too.

CloudSquall
23-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hallberg
Slivka

Alan
Mallan

Kamberi
Doidge

Normally I wouldn't play Alan and Mallan in the same team but I'd go for this for the first 45, once they are F'd from the geggenpress I'd throw on Boyle and Horgan in the 2nd half for maximum effect and damage.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2019, 05:14 PM
I see from today’s press conference, David Gray is saying he’s fit, and available to play on Thursday, if the Manager selects him

I’d play him. You could say it’d be a gamble but our defending can’t really get much worse than it has been. Positives of having him on the pitch outweigh the negatives of his fitness IMO.

Smartie
23-12-2019, 06:05 PM

1. We are still talking about a back four of Gray, McGregor, Hanlon and Stevenson.
2. We are talking about going to Tynie with a midfield consisting of Mallan, Allan, Slivka and Newell.

I’ll add that we are just about to go into the winter break and nobody can decide who our best keeper is. On paper we have 3 Keepers that should walk into most teams in the league yet we can’t get a tune out of any of them.

Some uncomfortable truths in here my friend.

Liam6270
23-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Bogdan
Naismith Hanlon. Daz Lewis
Whittaker
Hallberg Allan
Boyle. Doidge Flo

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-12-2019, 06:31 PM
.........................Bogdan................... .....

Naismith.....McGregor...Hanlon....Stevenson

................Slivka............Hallberg........ ......

..........................Allan................... ..........

Boyle............................................H organ

..........................Doidge.................. ........

ancient hibee
23-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Doidge does not have the pace to play in between two quick wingers.They would have to wait for him to get into the area just as Kamberi had to do against Rangers when he had to have a near post shot because Doidge hadn't got there for the cut back.

Brightside
23-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Massive surprise if Gray starts. Unless I’ve missed something he’s not even had a reserve game yet?

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2019, 10:39 PM

Nailed it !

Is that you Hecky?

eastmainsmsh
24-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Bogdan

Jackson McGregor Hanlon

boyle slivka Allan Horgan

Mallan

Doidge Kamberi

Hibeesmad
24-12-2019, 04:53 PM
DR have got only Rocky and Maxwell as part of our privisional squad for tomorrow

we are hibs
24-12-2019, 06:37 PM
DR have got only Rocky and Maxwell as part of our privisional squad for tomorrow

The daily record had middleton included in the squad v rangers when he was ineligible/too busy liking taverniers photos of us being skelped from his parent club on twitter to be involved. Wouldnt take much notice of them