PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross on Bottle Throwing Incident

Cataplana
21-12-2019, 09:46 AM
"The one thing I would say, and I’m answering this as a human being rather than a football manager, is that I can’t quite get my head around why anyone would make the decision to throw a glass bottle at another human being."

I don't get it either. The guy was lieing on the ground. Utter cowardice by the person that threw it.

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 09:49 AM
"The one thing I would say, and I’m answering this as a human being rather than a football manager, is that I can’t quite get my head around why anyone would make the decision to throw a glass bottle at another human being."

I don't get it either. The guy was lieing on the ground. Utter cowardice by the person that threw it.

Did they arrest the bottle thrower?

Cataplana
21-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Did they arrest the bottle thrower?

I don't know. It shouldn't be hard to track them down using the CCTV.

mcohibs
21-12-2019, 09:58 AM
An absolute disgrace whoever threw that. Hit with a glass bottle from that height and you're talking potential life changing injuries. Misjudge a throw and that hits one of our supporters in the back of the head, a child even? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Since452
21-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Pricks like that cost the club money. Hope whoever it was is found and banned

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Not nearly as serious an incident but some twat a few rows behind where I was sitting decided to throw a full cup of Coke onto the pitch after they scored their second.

Really great idea that, all the contents landing on the Hibs supporters in it's path, including myself. What I don't get is how anybody seeing them didn't immediately report it to the stewards.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2019, 10:09 AM
There's really no excuse for that.

'They were probably drunk/coked up' isn't an excuse or an explanation. If you behave like that after a drink or a line then it's probably best to stop.

'Caught up in the heat of the moment'. Pish. We are all passionate about Hibs. Most of us can avoid throwing bottles at people.

We've all said and done things we regret both at or away from the football, with and without a drink in us. Throwing a glass bottle at someone on the ground injured is a whole new level of stupid.

DaveF
21-12-2019, 10:14 AM
I mentioned it last night on another thread but I spotted a bottle of miller under a seat in the corporate area at HT in the west upper. Mental to think the damage that could have caused if thrown from that height, though thankfully it obviously wasn't.

Hibee Mac
21-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Ashamed that our club and supporters are being tarred with the same brush as these morons.

Same area of the ground every time there's issues with throwing things and running into the pitch etc. Needs stamped out, if these certain people are not willing to be civilised then ban the lot of them using the CCTV.

Whoever threw that bottle, I hope you get the kitchen sink thrown at you along with a lifetime ban.

Helensburghhibs
21-12-2019, 10:21 AM
It needs to be dealt with by a criminal conviction. Football banning orders aren't worth the paper they are written on as there is nothing that physically stops people attending.

bingo70
21-12-2019, 10:29 AM

'They were probably drunk/coked up' isn't an excuse or an explanation. If you behave like that after a drink or a line then it's probably best to stop.

'Caught up in the heat of the moment'. Pish. We are all passionate about Hibs. Most of us can avoid throwing bottles at people.

We've all said and done things we regret both at or away from the football, with and without a drink in us. Throwing a glass bottle at someone on the ground injured is a whole new level of stupid.

I think being drunk and coked up is the explanation.

That’s not justifying it or excusing it but it’s a big factor in it. Would the guy have thrown it sober? Absolutely no way.

I tend to agree with the view that closing part of the ground may be the only way to get the message across to these folk.

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 10:30 AM
It needs to be dealt with by a criminal conviction. Football banning orders aren't worth the paper they are written on as there is nothing that physically stops people attending.

I wish somebody would ban me from attending Hibs games....

:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 10:32 AM

I'd agree that drink/drugs is no excuse but it probably does explain it.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 10:37 AM

That’s not justifying it or excusing it but it’s a big factor in it. Would the guy have thrown it sober? Absolutely no way.

I tend to agree with the view that closing part of the ground may be the only way to get the message across to these folk.

Half them probably don’t attend most weeks, there were a group of 4/5 behind me that had glass bottles (not sure if it was that one that was thrown or not) that I’ve never seen before at the games, and there was a boy in section 43 that absolutely destroyed his seat late on going apoplectic, boys shouting they hope players die, break legs etc.

Not sure shutting areas of the stand and affecting the majority who are there week in week out behaving is the way forward for a couple of morons who will be banned anyway.

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 10:43 AM

You would normally have to attend a police station to sign in when the game was on? That stops u attending.

I think you under estimate the stupidity and could not careless attitude of a small number of People.

CraigHibee
21-12-2019, 10:45 AM
if you need to be sneaking bevvy into games in the first place then you have an issue. shocking behaviour to be launching a bottle onto the pitch, hope they got caught.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2019, 10:48 AM
hope the bottle thrower is identified and when he is he doesn't deserve rehabilitation, just a minimum 10 year ban

maybe some advice on alcohol as well seeing as he can't go 90+ mins without a drink

crash
21-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Half them probably don’t attend most weeks, there were a group of 4/5 behind me that had glass bottles (not sure if it was that one that was thrown or not) that I’ve never seen before at the games, and there was a boy in section 43 that absolutely destroyed his seat late on going apoplectic, boys shouting they hope players die, break legs etc.

Well why did you(or others) not report them?

where'stheslope
21-12-2019, 10:51 AM
I thought Jack Ross came over in the interview very well indeed, although he never seen everything he feels that as a club we should not be having this sort of bother with glass bottles or anything else being thrown.
He also said that on field incidents should not effect the supporters in the stands in this way.
But I have to say the 2 dugouts going at each other at the tunnel, though instigated by Rangers, was far from helpful for calming the crowds actions!!!!

bingo70
21-12-2019, 10:54 AM
You would normally have to attend a police station to sign in when the game was on? That stops u attending.

I think you under estimate the stupidity and could not careless attitude of a small number of People.

Nobody has got a lesser opinion of people than me, I’ve worked with the public pretty much all my working life and in general I’m a miserable ******* that has a low opinion of most folk until proven otherwise.

That said, I just don’t see anyone throwing a glass bottle from height unless they were drunk or out their face on coke.

I suspect people who do this kind of thing are fannies without the wind assistance of drink and drugs but I don’t think they’d be throwing glass bottles at people from the stand without them.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Well why did you(or others) not report them?

Because it’s absolutely no concern of mine half way through a match to go down grassing to a police officer that someone is drinking alcohol, or shouting obscene gestures. Same as I wouldn’t go grassing the hundreds of folk each week who break the rules about vaping in the stands. They shouldn’t have got it in, simple, if they threw it then they’ll get caught, simple again.

Carheenlea
21-12-2019, 11:56 AM
There does seem to be an increase in bottles being taken into grounds. 99% of fans don’t end up throwing them on the pitch, but at away games in particular I’ve seen quite a few fans tipping the contents of vodka bottles into cups of cola and even seen some spark open cans of cider to drink up the back of stands.

Searching every fan is never going to happen, but when you see families getting the contents of their bags searched then you have to say the stewards are putting the wrong individual under suspicion.

hibby rae
21-12-2019, 12:30 PM
As an add on, the game should never have been allowed to be played on a Friday night, let alone the last one before xmas.

There was always going to be some sort of incident.

green day
21-12-2019, 12:34 PM
As an add on, the game should never have been allowed to be played on a Friday night, let alone the last one before xmas.

There was always going to be some sort of incident.

Plenty of matches take place on Friday nights with little or no incident.

There are no mitigating circumstances for that last night.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-12-2019, 12:46 PM
When you get a so called Hearts fan launching a bottle full pelt into the face of a fellow elderly supporter then gets a slap on the wrist where’s the disincentive for like-minded ********s?

Glory Lurker
21-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Incidents like this, and sectarian singing and the likes, is why football fans get the treatment from authorities that we do. Depressing and, for me, increasingly waring.

StevesFamau5
21-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Not nearly as serious an incident but some twat a few rows behind where I was sitting decided to throw a full cup of Coke onto the pitch after they scored their second.

Really great idea that, all the contents landing on the Hibs supporters in it's path, including myself. What I don't get is how anybody seeing them didn't immediately report it to the stewards.I saw that from my seat in the East. Looked a fair way back (I'm row W) and it had to be at least row S or T.

Bottles, cups of coke, lighters, coins or underwear... Throwing anything on the pitch at players or officials is utterly immature, pathetic and brainless behaviour.

Last night was the worst experience at ER for a while in terms of steamers.

Offered a square go by some buckie fueled numpty outside the East before the game while he and his jakie pals sang the mercer songs. They weren't even sperms in their dad's bawsack when mercer was around! Sad wee runts.

The fitbaw was ***** as well [emoji23]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
21-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Have to say I was very surprised at the amount of young team necking the Buckie and voddy in bogs prior to kick off. Probably the worst I've ever seen it. Group of young lads in front of us during the game had 1/2 bottles of vodka. Passing it along without a care in the world.

Lago
21-12-2019, 02:45 PM
What a depressing read this has been for me, the games going down the plug hole if this is representative of today's young fans. 😒

HFC 0-7
21-12-2019, 02:54 PM
I don't know. It shouldn't be hard to track them down using the CCTV.

They said on the tv last night that it came from 30 rows back so there must be pictures. Identifying the person might be tricky if one of his mates got the ticket.

Since90+2
21-12-2019, 03:00 PM
What a depressing read this has been for me, the games going down the plug hole if this is representative of today's young fans. 😒

99% of fans behaved fine.

Lago
21-12-2019, 03:07 PM
99% of fans behaved fine.

Seems to be a big 1% then.

hibby rae
21-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Plenty of matches take place on Friday nights with little or no incident.

There are no mitigating circumstances for that last night.

There is a history between the sets of supporters and that's without the opportunity for a full day's intoxication.

Imo certain matches should not take place at specific times due to the heightened probability for trouble e.g. the Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies, Hibs v Rangers, Hearts V Celtic and possibly Aberdeen v Rangers too.

CMurdoch
21-12-2019, 03:19 PM
They said on the tv last night that it came from 30 rows back so there must be pictures. Identifying the person might be tricky if one of his mates got the ticket.

They will still have a high quality still photograph of the culprit and the Police will identify him and the the other throwers of coins, lighters etc.
The club should name and shame the ********s once the enquiry is complete.

Lago
21-12-2019, 03:20 PM
There is a history between the sets of supporters and that's without the opportunity for a full day's intoxication.

Imo certain matches should not take place at specific times due to the heightened probability for trouble e.g. the Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies, Hibs v Rangers, Hearts V Celtic and possibly Aberdeen v Rangers too.
Correct

cabbageandribs1875
22-12-2019, 04:41 PM
cut the away support for the govan filth...half the job done, if they can't/won't police themselves in the ground/surrounding areas then give them the upper and lower end section in the south see if they think about behaving the next time they visit, maybe if it becomes even harder for them to obtain a ticket for ER they might actually respect the fact they were damn well lucky to get one in the first place, R E S P E C T ..you shower of neanderthal bigoted sectarian ****e, try get away with it in yer own stadium :agree:

Sudds_1
22-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Because it’s absolutely no concern of mine half way through a match to go down grassing to a police officer that someone is drinking alcohol, or shouting obscene gestures. Same as I wouldn’t go grassing the hundreds of folk each week who break the rules about vaping in the stands. They shouldn’t have got it in, simple, if they threw it then they’ll get caught, simple again.

We were talking about missile throwing....no? 🙄

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 05:03 PM
We were talking about missile throwing....no? 🙄

I was told to report a group of guys who were a) drinking in the stand, and b) breaking a seat. I have no idea where the individual that threw the bottle from however grassing would still be pointless as they’ll be found regardless.

hibbyfraelibby
22-12-2019, 05:05 PM
If someone bought the ticket they will be on the database surely? If they bought if for someone else to use they are responsible for that persons actions as if it were their own. They either fess up to who it was or they quite possibly could be charge with obstructing justice.