PDA

View Full Version : Gerrard's Dugout Conduct tonight

Stantons Angel
20-12-2019, 11:24 PM
I've always admired steven Gerrard as a top class player for Liverpool.

i couldnt believe it when some one of his stature signed for Rangers and i still cant

I sit right behind the away dugout in the West Stand and his behaviour tonight was really awful and unbecoming of such a sportsman.

When Porteous was judged to have fouled the Rangers player i immediately looked at the dugout for his reaction and what i saw really shocked me.

He ran right over to our dugout aggressivly almost knocking over the fourth official to get there shouting abuse at the Hibs bench.

Backed away then ran back towards Potter pushing him with both hands screaming in his face. Then our goalie coach Combe was involved and clashed with their wee sponge man. Even wee Tam McCourt got involved trying to pull players out of the melee..

Meanwhile the main perpetrator slinked away back to the dug out and tried to hide.

Then once the ref had sorted out the melee on the other side of the park in front of the East stand,his linesman let him know what had gone on.

He sent Potter off came over and sent off the Rangers official when it should have been Gerrard who was punished!

Then the fun started beside us! People were incenced that the police did nothing while this was happening. the club and the police had just the day before issued a statement asking fans to behave over the next two games. Yet here straight in front off me was a footballing icon admired by many young people.
doing exactly what the police had asked the fans not to do!!!

The steward supervisor came over and tried to get people to sit down and stop shouting at the young policeman who had came and stood at the side of the Rangers dug out. Elderley gentlemen had come from behind down to the pathway in front of me and were trying to tell the police what they had seen and who had started it all. They didnt want to know they cant touch him as he is in the dugout as an offical of his club!

Then guys came down with video evidence that the actual tackle by Porteous showed him getting to the ball first and playing it out fully. That from the evidence i say was never a sending off offence.

These people are role models for young players and since joining Rangers it looks as if their mentality has replaced Gerrard's sanity!

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 11:26 PM
Mr untouchable.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 11:29 PM
Never understood why Gerrard was ever held in such high esteem - great player but nasty piece of work.

Crab apple
20-12-2019, 11:33 PM
In Slippy’s post match interview he said both benches should have a look at their behaviour as if he wasn’t part of it. From what I saw it was him who kicked things off.

EI255
20-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Shows you how hostile these inbreds feel at Leith.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

jacomo
20-12-2019, 11:43 PM
Never understood why Gerrard was ever held in such high esteem - great player but nasty piece of work.

:agree:

I know a couple of well informed Liverpool fans and they would agree with you.

Great player of course but far from universally liked down there.

Stantons Angel
21-12-2019, 12:35 AM
In Slippy’s post match interview he said both benches should have a look at their behaviour as if he wasn’t part of it. From what I saw it was him who kicked things off.

Yip you are right there, it was him who kicked it off then went and hid in the dugout area,........

Weegreenman
21-12-2019, 06:38 AM
I’m a Liverpool fan and hold Gerrard in the highest esteem. However he went down in my estimation when he decided to join that club.

I have to say his behaviour last night was no different from how most managers would have acted under similar circumstances. I’m not saying it’s the right way to act and maybe it’s time we made the managers actually sit on their arse in the dugout instead of having zones for them to stand in.

Greenbeard
21-12-2019, 06:43 AM
Copied from Sending Off thread......
All the Rangers bench should have been red carded, SG included, for their overly aggressive reaction directed at the Hibs bench which incited the Hun crowd and endangered every Hibs fan in and around the stadium, all these sub-intelligent huns thinking it's acceptable to go pure raging mental right in the face of anything wearing green. Got to laugh when folk like that get even more aggressive once others are in place "to hold them back" i.e. to protect them from getting a slap.
SG et al to note:
1. Raging at the Hibs bench is pointless. It wisnae them that made the tackle.
2. Do you think you going radge will get JR to apologise and tell his players to back out of every future 50/50?
2. Do you think the No.4 is going to get on his radio to the ref and say " these Rangers chappies are very angry about that tackle ref. Better send the Hibs player off and let them get away wih a few."
ABSOLUTE FANNIES.

Cat Stanton
21-12-2019, 06:47 AM

Should have been jailed for the assault on the DJ. Thug.

Carheenlea
21-12-2019, 06:48 AM
A bench full of absolute **** to a man.

Scouse Hibee
21-12-2019, 07:08 AM

That’s utter bull**** to be honest, worshipped in Liverpool by Reds fans and you won’t find any real Reds that didn’t like him while he played and drove Liverpool to some fantastic results.

I have no time for him as long as he manages that Manky mob despite adoring him as a player for Liverpool, as I have often said, he can Walk Alone as long as he is with them. A fantastic player in his day absolutely no doubt about that.

Joe6-2
21-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Wan*er

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 07:46 AM
An overrated player and a thug in real life. Absolutely shat his pants last night when Potter and Combe went over, started hiding behind his backroom staff and doing the "hold me back" routine. Absolutely embarrassing.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 07:53 AM
An overrated player and a thug in real life. Absolutely shat his pants last night when Potter and Combe went over, started hiding behind his backroom staff and doing the "hold me back" routine. Absolutely embarrassing.

You can take the lad out of Liverpool....:wink:

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Wonderful player. Only fuds manage them so he's a fud of a person.

One Day
21-12-2019, 07:57 AM

That's how it looked on the clip shown. Carry on lads im right behind you

The Modfather
21-12-2019, 09:07 AM

i couldnt believe it when some one of his stature signed for Rangers and i still cant

I sit right behind the away dugout in the West Stand and his behaviour tonight was really awful and unbecoming of such a sportsman.

When Porteous was judged to have fouled the Rangers player i immediately looked at the dugout for his reaction and what i saw really shocked me.

He ran right over to our dugout aggressivly almost knocking over the fourth official to get there shouting abuse at the Hibs bench.

Backed away then ran back towards Potter pushing him with both hands screaming in his face. Then our goalie coach Combe was involved and clashed with their wee sponge man. Even wee Tam McCourt got involved trying to pull players out of the melee..

Meanwhile the main perpetrator slinked away back to the dug out and tried to hide.

Then once the ref had sorted out the melee on the other side of the park in front of the East stand,his linesman let him know what had gone on.

He sent Potter off came over and sent off the Rangers official when it should have been Gerrard who was punished!

Then the fun started beside us! People were incenced that the police did nothing while this was happening. the club and the police had just the day before issued a statement asking fans to behave over the next two games. Yet here straight in front off me was a footballing icon admired by many young people.

The steward supervisor came over and tried to get people to sit down and stop shouting at the young policeman who had came and stood at the side of the Rangers dug out. Elderley gentlemen had come from behind down to the pathway in front of me and were trying to tell the police what they had seen and who had started it all. They didnt want to know they cant touch him as he is in the dugout as an offical of his club!

Then guys came down with video evidence that the actual tackle by Porteous showed him getting to the ball first and playing it out fully. That from the evidence i say was never a sending off offence.

These people are role models for young players and since joining Rangers it looks as if their mentality has replaced Gerrard's sanity!

Sounds like Lennon TBH, Gerrard is a “born winner” etc etc....

coco22
21-12-2019, 09:08 AM
That's how it looked on the clip shown. Carry on lads im right behind you

Reacted, hid then threw his bench under the bus by saying they shouldn’t have reacted!!! Sh*thousery out of the top drawer. No time for Gerrard

JimBHibees
21-12-2019, 09:13 AM
More than capable of much worse tackles in his career.

One Day Soon
21-12-2019, 09:21 AM

Absolutely not.

He behaved like a complete bellend last night and you get a real sense now that they are fully back to believing and behaving like the Rangers of old - arrogant, confident, favoured, stuffed with gold and generally conducting themselves as total dicks. For a lengthy period after they lost their club and during the following new club emergence you could sense the loss of belief in both the fans and the players - they sang the same songs, tried to swagger and wished they were still part of the two team dominance but it wasn't the same and they knew it and we knew it. It's clearly different now and that's partly down to their more stable/not more stable but clearly massively bigger spending and partly down to their manager. They are definitely back - they won't catch Celtic this year and maybe not next either, but they're back.

However despite all of the above, it just looks petulant to claim that Gerrard was an overrated player. Undermines your other perfectly fair points.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Absolutely not.

He behaved like a complete bellend last night and you get a real sense now that they are fully back to believing and behaving like the Rangers of old - arrogant, confident, favoured, stuffed with gold and generally conducting themselves as total dicks. For a lengthy period after they lost their club and during the following new club emergence you could sense the loss of belief in both the fans and the players - they sang the same songs, tried to swagger and wished they were still part of the two team dominance but it wasn't the same and they knew it and we knew it. It's clearly different now and that's partly down to their more stable/not more stable but clearly massively bigger spending and partly down to their manager. They are definitely back - they won't catch Celtic this year and maybe not next either, but they're back.

However despite all of the above, it just looks petulant to claim that Gerrard was an overrated player. Undermines your other perfectly fair points.

League winners medals = 0

Overrated.

Moody Blues
21-12-2019, 09:22 AM
I actually like the guy. Wish he was our manager and has done superbly with the huns.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 09:29 AM
I actually like the guy. Wish he was our manager and has done superbly with the huns.

Done superbly? He has won the square root of hee haw despite spending millions

MrRobot
21-12-2019, 09:31 AM
**** steven gerrard.

JimBHibees
21-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Absolutely not.

Totally agree their sense of entitlement and perceived superiority are back. Thought it was very weak of the police not to get the banners taken down from south stand covering adverts and scoreboard. John Potter showed more passion than the 11 guys in the pitch. Also thought very poor it looked like only Horgan was trying to protect Porteous from the orc players surrounding him. We really need to develop some character and backbone pronto. Back to being weak and too nice would have wholesale changes for derby as will be bullied big time if we don't.

GreenCastle
21-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Will be interesting to see where he goes when he leaves the huns.

He’s not won anything yet as a manager but if that changes he may get EPL. If he doesn’t win a trophy then a club may take a risk. Chances are he will win something with them if they keep spending ridiculous amounts of money.

Klopps deal expires same time (2022) so could easily be using the huns as his apprenticeship - 4-3-3 - same formation etc.

Michael Beale is a massive help to him though - very good coach.

Moody Blues
21-12-2019, 09:34 AM

League cup finalists and knockout stages of Europe sounds not bad to me.

One Day Soon
21-12-2019, 09:35 AM

Overrated.

:rolleyes:

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 09:36 AM
League cup finalists and knockout stages of Europe sounds not bad to me.

Again, they have won hee haw, he could get to every single cup final but unless he wins the thing he has done nothing

kevinc
21-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Last nights behaviour by Slippy G should come as no surprise to anyone , he was a talented player but is/was a cowardly snide. He is the guy that thought it would be clever to noise up young George Bromley over a bird, ended up paying a heavy duty gangster to get Bromley to stop, this was a transaction not a family friend although Kinsella knew Gerrards criminal uncle. He also handed in a transfer request when Chelsea were offering bundles, sh@t it when angry Scousers threatened and withdrew the request “cos I’m a red”., a red and yellow coward, his unprovoked attack on the DJ in Southport was self defence because he thought that he was going to be hit, there are may other examples of his *****housery, last nights slinking into the background after igniting the issue can be added to the list. I reckon he will slip up in his quest to stop 9iar.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 09:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Dont know what youre rolling your eyes at. Its a fact. Played for one of the biggest clubs in the world for 17 years and didnt win a single league title. If he was that great a player he would have surely won at least 1? Overrated.

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Absolutely not.

Of course we must remember to get back where they are, huge amounts of money was loaned to them by directors which they will never get back and they need another £11 million to get to the end of the season. If Celtic get ten in a row then the rats will desert the sinking ship.

One Day Soon
21-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Totally agree their sense of entitlement and perceived superiority are back. Thought it was very weak of the police not to get the banners taken down from south stand covering adverts and scoreboard. John Potter showed more passion than the 11 guys in the pitch. Also thought very poor it looked like only Horgan was trying to protect Porteous from the orc players surrounding him. We really need to develop some character and backbone pronto. Back to being weak and too nice would have wholesale changes for derby as will be bullied big time if we don't.

I think there is a really serious wider point for Hibs here - it's not just fans hurting after a doing and looking for something else to latch on to other than the game - and it's this.

There's nothing at the club that doesn't matter. Everything feeds into the overall level of professionalism, attitude, self-belief, resilience and all round ethos of the club - or the opposite happens if we neglect any detail.

If we let opposition fans come into our stadium and do whatever they like it is weak.

If we let opposition players bully any of our players it is weak.

If we don't give officialdom a hard time it is weak.

If we don't call out refereeing performances that rate on a spectrum between incompetent at one end and downright biased at the other we are weak

We are regulated by the football authorities and patrolled on match day by the police, if we don't demand more of both we are weak.

If we don't call out sectarianism it is weak.

If we have a singing section in the wrong place and it affects atmosphere it is weak.

If we don't secure shirt sponsorship it is weak.

If stadium announcements can't be heard properly it is weak.

If the stadium or parts of it look neglected it is weak.

Absolutely everything matters - because the both the suport and the players pick up on this stuff consciously and subconsciously. It all speaks to how we regard ourselves and what we expect and aim for as a club. You could say anyone of these doesn't matter that much or is nothing important. As my mother is fond of saying, a hundred nothings killed the donkey.

And none of this is even touching on either recruitment or playing matters. There's plenty I think that we are doing right, but unless we are on top of everything what we do right is easily compromised by what we do wrong or fail to do at all.

GreenCastle
21-12-2019, 09:56 AM
I think there is a really serious wider point for Hibs here - it's not just fans hurting after a doing and looking for something else to latch on to other than the game - and it's this.

There's nothing at the club that doesn't matter. Everything feeds into the overall level of professionalism, attitude, self-belief, resilience and all round ethos of the club - or the opposite happens if we neglect any detail.

If we let opposition fans come into our stadium and do whatever they like it is weak.

If we don't call out refereeing performances that rate on a spectrum between incompetent at one end and downright biased at the other we are weak

We are regulated by the football authorities and patrolled on match day by the police, if we don't demand more of both we are weak.

If we have a singing section in the wrong place and it affects atmosphere it is weak.

Absolutely everything matters - because the both the suport and the players pick up on this stuff consciously and subconsciously. It all speaks to how we regard ourselves and what we expect and aim for as a club. You could say anyone of these doesn't matter that much or is nothing important. As my mother is fond of saying, a hundred nothings killed the donkey.

And none of this is even touching on either recruitment or playing matters. There's plenty I think that we are doing right, but unless we are on top of everything what we do right is easily compromised by what we do wrong or fail to do at all.

Really good post.

Standards have slipped all around the club.

Hecky was rightly booted but the problems still exist.

The lack of leadership and management from the top level of the level is close to non existent - a few pre scripted videos doesn’t fool everyone.

One Day Soon
21-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Dont know what youre rolling your eyes at. Its a fact. Played for one of the biggest clubs in the world for 17 years and didnt win a single league title. If he was that great a player he would have surely won at least 1? Overrated.

Your point is glib and ridiculous. It ignores everything else he won - including a Champions League - in favour of one measure that says more about the club than him as an individual player. Your logic would suggest that Gascoigne was overrated too, after all he only won a couple of leagues with Rangers in Scotland during their now discredited dodgy spending period.

Since452
21-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Gerrard is a classless melt. Always has been

snedzuk
21-12-2019, 10:03 AM

100%

Pretty Boy
21-12-2019, 10:05 AM
A poor man's Paul Scholes.

Fud.

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 10:07 AM

I don't disagree with any of that but we need to address our problems too we are getting a reputation for crowd violence that has to stop.

Gerrard should definitely be called out for last night but the media will discuss the problem and totally ignore his role. The BBC will be terrified to upset them again when they should be be tearing in to them.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 10:21 AM
A poor man's Paul Scholes.

Fud.

Paul Scholes without the league winner medals.

G B Young
21-12-2019, 10:30 AM

It's relative to how far off the pace the huns were when Gerrard was appointed manager. It was never going to be an instant fix. Back then Hibs were more than capable of giving them a game. Now they're virtually neck and neck with Celtic and strolling games against Hibs (and the rest of the teams outwith the top two).

Loathe them or not, they're a very different beast under Gerrard and I'll be surprised if they don't win something this season.

calumhibee1
21-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Steven Gerrard is a ****bag. Was as a player, still is as a manager.

berwickhibee
21-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Not got a great past with his conduct, numerous things swept under the carpet because he was an England International.
Same as shearer and Terry.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:06 AM
It's relative to how far off the pace the huns were when Gerrard was appointed manager. It was never going to be an instant fix. Back then Hibs were more than capable of giving them a game. Now they're virtually neck and neck with Celtic and strolling games against Hibs (and the rest of the teams outwith the top two).

Loathe them or not, they're a very different beast under Gerrard and I'll be surprised if they don't win something this season.

They have spent millions, I'd expect them to be better now, well there is one cup gone and they bottled that one and they are behind in the league so we will see how that turns out

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 11:12 AM
They have spent millions, I'd expect them to be better now, well there is one cup gone and they bottled that one and they are behind in the league so we will see how that turns out

They are better, would you expect Hearts to be better too. They have spent fortunes and are bottom of the league. Gerrard has done just fine as a manager.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 11:31 AM
They are better, would you expect Hearts to be better too. They have spent fortunes and are bottom of the league. Gerrard has done just fine as a manager.

I'm pretty sure I said they were better did I not? Hearts have not paid a transfer fee in years, rangers just paid £7m for one player, what a daft comparison to make

hhibs
21-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Really good post.

Standards have slipped all around the club.

Hecky was rightly booted but the problems still exist.

The lack of leadership and management from the top level of the level is close to non existent - a few pre scripted videos doesn’t fool everyone.

Fully agree,the problems go back a considerable time and the buck stops with the Chief Executive.

SeanWilson
21-12-2019, 12:16 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣 The guy has the key to Liverpool FFS. Cannot stand the fact he's a sevco manager but that's just fantasy land stuff.

givescotlandfreedom
21-12-2019, 01:01 PM

Even as a player he was a diver and yelp. Had his thuggish side too as Gary Naismith can testify

HibbyAndy
21-12-2019, 01:06 PM
His tackle on Gary naysmith at anfield was worse than porteous !

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 01:18 PM
His tackle on Gary naysmith at anfield was worse than porteous !

Now that was a tackle!

HibbyAndy
21-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Now that was a tackle!

That's a cowardly tackle ! Wonder what slippy G thinks about that tackle ?!

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 01:26 PM
That's a cowardly tackle ! Wonder what slippy G thinks about that tackle ?!

There will be silence

-Jonesy-
21-12-2019, 01:46 PM
He tried to break Micheal Essien’s leg back in the day as well

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2019, 02:21 PM
He's bought into everything hun, he's now a ****bag like them, **** him.

jacomo
21-12-2019, 02:27 PM
🤣🤣🤣🤣 The guy has the key to Liverpool FFS. Cannot stand the fact he's a sevco manager but that's just fantasy land stuff.

Ok then.

staunchhibby
21-12-2019, 02:34 PM
I know a lot of people detest the sun newspaper but it shows a picture of Potter being grabbed by one of those cretins from the opposition dug out and Gerard hiding at the back

InchHibby
21-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Gerard was the instigator in all that happened in the dug out area, there mindless support sang sectarian songs all night and when they ran out of these disgusting nothing to do with football whatsoever songs, they sang them all again, but none of this will make the headlines although it should and would if it were any other club. What will and has made the headlines though, and I don’t condone it one iota, is the half bottle thrown onto the pitch from some mindless idiot in the Hibs end who I hope, with our new sophisticated camera system, is identified and banned for life.

Scouse Hibee
21-12-2019, 03:17 PM

Overrated.

That’s always your go to stat, to say he wasn’t a fantastic player is utter bull**** and you know it, if the only thing you have to back up your claim is the fact that he doesn’t have a league winners medal then you’re just on the wind up.

thebakerboy
21-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Got to agree that Gerard started it last night and I find it strange that he did that considering he was always a hard player and if I remember correctly did many a tackle of the style of Ryans last night. I did not realise he was nasty like last night and really a bit of a coward as he showed by hiding from what he had started. Gone down even lower in my estimation than he did when he signed for the huns

kaimendhibs
21-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Gerard started it all then shat it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
21-12-2019, 06:30 PM
The Rangers reassurance has little to do with Garrard and more to do with the millions they are somehow spending.
Gerrard was and obviously still is a cowardly snide

HibbyAndy
21-12-2019, 07:45 PM
The Rangers reassurance has little to do with Garrard and more to do with the millions they are somehow spending.
Gerrard was and obviously still is a cowardly snide

Just watched him on Anders Herrera and getting sent off after 38 seconds..Steven Gerrard might have been a world class player but he was a nasty piece of work

greenlex
22-12-2019, 09:09 AM

I’ve watched the clip of the bench at the Porteous challenge. I don’t see what you saw. Yes he wasn’t happy and showed it. At no point did he physically abuse anyone. He showed a bit of passion as did the Hibs bench. Handbags all round. No need for red cards on either side. Blown all out of proportion. Much like Porteous’ red.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2019, 09:17 AM

Come on now, he was world class. Managers get carried away in the emotion, same as the rest of us.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I said they were better did I not? Hearts have not paid a transfer fee in years, rangers just paid £7m for one player, what a daft comparison to make

I was not comparing Hearts to Rangers i was comparing spending money does not automatically lead to success. Most would accept Hearts have spent more than most in this league over the last two years yet they are bottom off the league.

Gerrard has built team to challenge Celtic whilst Hearts can't challenge the top six.