PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Atmosphere

ColintonHibs
20-12-2019, 11:20 PM
Dunno if there's another thread, this is separate from the bottle incident.

I was at the South side of the East stand near the front. I wanted to be near the Rangers fans to GIRUT if we won.

During the warm up, a substantial number of people were shouting racist abuse at the black guy. Why?

Never heard so much racism and anger towards people's religious beliefs at a hibs game as today.

I don't think I heard anything get shouted with anger that didn't include the word n*****, black, hun, orange or b*******

I've never thought so previously, however after what I saw today it's safe to say that Hibs are just as sectarian as Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

Why do Catholics and Protestants hate each other so much? Irish immigration really isn't that big a deal. We need to get over it instead of keep spreading this nonsense. We've dealt with the war, Ireland have independence, the people are here, why can't we get over it?

Why is sectarianism deemed not as bad as racism? Because everyone does it?

People doing it right in front of police officers. Are the police officers told that it doesn't matter?

I don't understand the intense hatred.

I hate Rangers because of their jakeball fans, not because of their religious beliefs.

It seems that I'm not on the same page as most hibs fans regarding this. Why do you hate Rangers? Is it because they are protestant/support UK rather than Scotland? If so, I think you need to take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself WTF is going on with your life. Why are you so unhappy that you need to abuse people based on the colour of their skin, what religion they are or where they come from?

There must be a support line you can call?

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 11:25 PM
Never read such blatant anti jake ballism in my life.... disgraceful on your part.

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 11:28 PM
That's absolutely vile to read. They're a shame to their club, to their community and to their families.

Imagine being a 21st century racist? The absolute **** of the earth.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 11:30 PM
That's absolutely vile to read. They're a shame to their club, to their community and to their families.

Imagine being a 21st century racist? The absolute **** of the earth.

You’re making some big assumptions here. You really believe all that OP?

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 11:32 PM

I didn’t want to be the first to question its authenticity but a hibs fan asking why we hate rangers absolutely cannot be a hibs fan

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 11:33 PM

I'm not making any assumptions to be fair.

If it happened, then everything I've said is true. If not, then there is no 'they.'

It'd be a weird thing to lie about. I hope it isn't true mind.

Should note that I'm addressing the alleged shouting the OP heard, not the rest of their post.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 11:37 PM
I didn’t want to be the first to question its authenticity but a hibs fan asking why we hate rangers absolutely cannot be a hibs fan

That bit was the clincher - trying to say it’s us that are the bigots for disagreeing with their ‘beliefs’.

Sorry - a ‘substantial’ number of people shouting racist abuse at a player in front of the cops in the warm up.... just didn’t happen.

EI255
20-12-2019, 11:37 PM
They are just poison.

Edinburgh is the winner

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Dunno if there's another thread, this is separate from the bottle incident.

I was at the South side of the East stand near the front. I wanted to be near the Rangers fans to GIRUT if we won.

During the warm up, a substantial number of people were shouting racist abuse at the black guy. Why?

Never heard so much racism and anger towards people's religious beliefs at a hibs game as today.

I don't think I heard anything get shouted with anger that didn't include the word n*****, black, hun, orange or b*******

I've never thought so previously, however after what I saw today it's safe to say that Hibs are just as sectarian as Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

Why do Catholics and Protestants hate each other so much? Irish immigration really isn't that big a deal. We need to get over it instead of keep spreading this nonsense. We've dealt with the war, Ireland have independence, the people are here, why can't we get over it?

Why is sectarianism deemed not as bad as racism? Because everyone does it?

People doing it right in front of police officers. Are the police officers told that it doesn't matter?

I don't understand the intense hatred.

I hate Rangers because of their jakeball fans, not because of their religious beliefs.

It seems that I'm not on the same page as most hibs fans regarding this. Why do you hate Rangers? Is it because they are protestant/support UK rather than Scotland? If so, I think you need to take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself WTF is going on with your life. Why are you so unhappy that you need to abuse people based on the colour of their skin, what religion they are or where they come from?

There must be a support line you can call?

Surely the post match high level CCTV review will already have identified these racist culprits and their seat numbers in our support and they will already be on borrowed time. No?

:dunno:

Crab apple
20-12-2019, 11:43 PM
The OP is surely on the wind up. There was poor behaviour tonight but the only mass sectarianism was coming from the south stand.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 11:44 PM
I'm not making any assumptions to be fair.

If it happened, then everything I've said is true. If not, then there is no 'they.'

It'd be a weird thing to lie about. I hope it isn't true mind.

Should note that I'm addressing the alleged shouting the OP heard, not the rest of their post.
Yeah if it happened it would have been horrendous but it didn’t.

No way in the world when the ground is half empty would a ‘substantial’ amount of fans be shouting racist abuse at a black player. Nobody is that stupid and if they were the police would not have stood by- nor would the people around them.

Not saying there are no racists amongst our support but this story is made up. Even single instances of racist abuse are (rightly) a big deal these days.

OP is trying to start a rumour that will spread and be accepted as fact by some.

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 11:48 PM
Yeah if it happened it would have been horrendous but it didn’t.

No way in the world when the ground is half empty would a ‘substantial’ amount of fans be shouting racist abuse at a black player. Nobody is that stupid and if they were the police would not have stood by- nor would the people around them.

Not saying there are no racists amongst our support but this story is made up. Even single instances of racist abuse are (rightly) a big deal these days.

OP is trying to start a rumour that will spread and be accepted as fact by some.

I hope you're right, and I'd be surprised if it was true given all of my previous experiences with our support, but it's vile to read.

OP - did you report the culprits to the police, or can anyone else support the accusations made?

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2019, 11:50 PM
The OP is surely on the wind up. There was poor behaviour tonight but the only mass sectarianism was coming from the south stand.

My thoughts exactly. Thousands of them belt out their sectarian songs week after week. The last time I heard sectarian songs coming from Hibs fans was ~1980s. And somehow the OP thinks we're as bad as them.

We've certainly got a few bams in our support but get a grip.

Chuck Rhoades
20-12-2019, 11:54 PM
Toss this hun ****. Clearly at the wind up.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 11:58 PM
I hope you're right, and I'd be surprised if it was true given all of my previous experiences with our support, but it's vile to read.

OP - did you report the culprits to the police, or can anyone else support the accusations made?

OP has surprisingly disappeared.

To claim that- ‘I don't think I heard anything get shouted with anger that didn't include the word n*****, black, hun, orange or b*****’ at a Hibs game is beyond the pale but no doubt will be finding its way on to other platforms already. Just what we need.

I can’t remember hearing the ‘n word’ in any ground for over 20 years but tonight everyone was using it apparently.

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Closing this thread as there hasn't been any reasonable substantiation or verification from sources other than the OP. Will reopen if this changes.