PDA

View Full Version : Goalie for Derby

dastardly8
20-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Has to be Bogdan for me , anybody else notice Ricky’s body language tonight didn’t look remotely interested to me ?

dastardly8
20-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Rocky even lol

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Marciano can't keep his place after that tonight, it was a shocker.

Has to be Bogdan.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Bogdan is, at this level, a top drawer keeper. He’s here so let’s use him.

oldbutdim
20-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Bogdan hasn't played for some time and won't be match sharp.
If he goes in, and loses an early/soft goal......................

Have to stick with Rocky I'm afraid.

Inconsequential
20-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Rocky even lol Nah, definitely Ricky as Bianca used to yell...:greengrin

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Bogdan is a much better, assurance all round goalkeeper.

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Good timing that Bogdan was back on the bench today.

He'll deservedly start against Hearts I think.

SideBurns
20-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Bogdan. Incredible error from Rocky tonight.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Good timing that Bogdan was back on the bench today.

He'll deservedly start against Hearts I think.

👍

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 10:40 PM
Bogdan all day long

Hibeesmad
21-12-2019, 01:57 AM
I love Marciano, think he's one of the best goalkeepers I have seen play for Hibs but I agree. His distribution is a major worry, if Bogdan is ready he must start the derby.

CloudSquall
21-12-2019, 02:04 AM
A hesitant choice of Marciano, would be Bogdan but can't see him being match sharp as of yet.

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 02:14 AM
Agree Rocky did not look interested. He almost laughed at his error.

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2019, 06:18 AM
If Bogdan is not match sharp it must be Maxwell

Rocky has that faraway look no interested disnae want to be here too casual

He seemed to be laughing at himself but it ain’t no joke

Fifty pence feet for the first at the third even I could see from my position in the West that Defoe was going to put it into his near post but Rocky just stood there as if waiting on a flag that never came Didnae even move or attempt to go for it

Gie the gloves to Bogdan make or break it is only the Hearts after all :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Bogdan has to start. Lets not forget that last night wasn't Marcianos first high profile mistake thats cost us a goal this season. He's been in some way responsible for at least 8-10 goals this season including 3 or 4 at Ibrox in the 6-1 pumping

Weegreenman
21-12-2019, 06:48 AM
Get Rocky tae ****! He’s made countless errors and been dropped several times now because of them.

Yet there are some on this site who still think he should be our number one.

I want him gone in January along with two or three or maybe four or five others! Soft as ***** and it needs to stop here!

jws1875
21-12-2019, 06:53 AM
Bogdan hasn't played for some time and won't be match sharp.
If he goes in, and loses an early/soft goal......................

Have to stick with Rocky I'm afraid.

Either did Logan. Atleast Bogdan has had a game with the under 20s.

Onion
21-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Rocky will be a quivering wreck at PBS, so has to be Bogdan.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:35 AM

:agree:. Especially since the fans are wishing touching distance, they will terrorise him at that Gorgie Road end.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Think it will be bogdan, he clearly wont be 100% match fit but he must be doing ok in training to have made the bench last night, if marciano had got injured early on then bogdan would have had to play so get him in next week

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Has to be Bogdan for me , anybody else notice Ricky’s body language tonight didn’t look remotely interested to me ?

For me it should be Marciano and i did not want Maxwell dropped. We can't drop a keeper every time they make a mistake. It simply adds to the pressure.

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2019, 08:38 AM
For me it should be Marciano and i did not want Maxwell dropped. We can't drop a keeper every time they make a mistake. It simply adds to the pressure.

Nope!

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:38 AM

But outfield players get dropped for poor performances? Goalkeepers should be no different.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 08:44 AM

Why not? They are no different to any other player on the park, if a striker was honking I'd expect him to be dropped for someone better, why not a keeper?

danhibees1875
21-12-2019, 08:48 AM

Can't see that at all. Rocky for me.

broondog
21-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Bring Bogdan in, can’t afford any Rocky mistakes, he’s past it sadly

hibsbollah
21-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Bogdan, on the basis he's played in more high pressure games in his career than Maxwell. With keepers it's a lot more about whats going on between the ears. Rockys distribution is a liability, just as it was when he was rightly dropped in the first place.

One Day Soon
21-12-2019, 09:23 AM

I said straight after that first goal last night that I'd have subbed him off there and then on the spot. He needs a clear message to get on board or **** off out of it and subbing him would have sent that message too others too.

There is literally no excuse for what he did whatsoever. None.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2019, 09:27 AM
The best all round goalkeeper at the club is Bogdan. We need to get him in the team, if that's in a Derby so be it, and get him signed up longer term.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Bogdan was immense in Greece, that was a high pressure game and he coped admirably. Should start on Thursday.

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Bogdan was immense in Greece, that was a high pressure game and he coped admirably. Should start on Thursday.

He and his family love Edinburgh and he wants to be at Hibs.

hibeerealist
21-12-2019, 09:39 AM
I said straight after that first goal last night that I'd have subbed him off there and then on the spot. He needs a clear message to get on board or **** off out of it and subbing him would have sent that message too others too.

There is literally no excuse for what he did whatsoever. None.

Cannot disagree with that, said same to my sons at the time. Game pretty much dead for us after 4 minutes due to that clown and he has previous, quite a bit actually!!

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Its an absolute stick on that if Marciano starts on Thursday the Hearts fans will be hounding him every time he gets the ball and that Stendel will tell his players to press him hard and put pressure on him. The last thing we need is another goalkeeping calamity in a derby, we've had too many of those over the years and for that alone he should be dropped.

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 09:53 AM
But outfield players get dropped for poor performances? Goalkeepers should be no different.

Why not? They are no different to any other player on the park, if a striker was honking I'd expect him to be dropped for someone better, why not a keeper?

If we dropped every outfield player that made a mistake we would not be able to field a team:greengrin

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 10:04 AM
If we dropped every outfield player that made a mistake we would not be able to field a team:greengrin

This is true, but you should also be dropping a player who makes repeated mistakes, marciano is firmly in that camp this season unfortunately, he could have cleared that ball much sooner and he could also have ran quicker to get back into his goals, he ran a couple of yards and pretty much stopped,his kicking is horrendous, every time he kicks it out he puts us back under pressure pretty much straight away

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 10:15 AM
This is true, but you should also be dropping a player who makes repeated mistakes, marciano is firmly in that camp this season unfortunately, he could have cleared that ball much sooner and he could also have ran quicker to get back into his goals, he ran a couple of yards and pretty much stopped,his kicking is horrendous, every time he kicks it out he puts us back under pressure pretty much straight away

See above I don't disagree I don't think he is our best keeper but to keep dropping our keepers after one mistake when they come back in simply adds to the pressure on each of our keepers.

wookie70
21-12-2019, 10:34 AM
For me Bogdan is a good deal better than Rocky when the two are fit. But from memory Bogdan was poor when he first played and took a few games to show what an excellent keeper he is. Not sure throwing him into the Derby would be wise but you never know he could do a Conrad. Another massive mistake from Rocky last night and another goal lost at his near post(great finish though). I'm not his greatest fan but I think Rocky probably stays in until the break. Dropping Keepers for a single mistake is just crazy management.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 12:17 PM
For me Bogdan is a good deal better than Rocky when the two are fit. But from memory Bogdan was poor when he first played and took a few games to show what an excellent keeper he is. Not sure throwing him into the Derby would be wise but you never know he could do a Conrad. Another massive mistake from Rocky last night and another goal lost at his near post(great finish though). I'm not his greatest fan but I think Rocky probably stays in until the break. Dropping Keepers for a single mistake is just crazy management.

He's made several mistakes this season costing us around 6-8 goals this season, his kicking is crap, his positioning is crap especially his near post and he just isn't that good. Needs dropped for good.

wookie70
21-12-2019, 12:53 PM
He's made several mistakes this season costing us around 6-8 goals this season, his kicking is crap, his positioning is crap especially his near post and he just isn't that good. Needs dropped for good.
He was dropped for those mistakes. I don't rate him but swapping and changing keepers is not something I want to see. Bogdan will be out of contract soon so unless he is signed for a longer period I'd stick with Rocky. Ross has some big decisions for the derby as he has lost three of his last 4 games and been walked over by the Ugly sisters along with a very poor performance in Dingwall. He may have picked up a few more points but I don't see that much improvement from Heck's team. We should still be able to overcome Hearts but need some more legs in midfield. Allan needs dropped and Mallan should be given a chance in that position.

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 01:41 PM

Based on what? His previous excellent performances there?

Squealing pig
21-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Gotta be bogdan and I'm sure it will be

wookie70
21-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Our players lack confidence. Dropping them for high profile mistakes won't help that. Allan has been more for weeks but escapes criticism. Hanlon has been playing pretty well for a month and gets slaughtered for his poor half against the Dons. Our support has become far too reactive particularly against teams with 10x our budget.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Want bogdan in goals as i think hes our best goalkeeper but if i remember rightly he played once at tynie last season and nearly chucked a goal in late on which was thankfully ruled as offside.

For me Bogdan's distribution is the best of the 3. I also think hes capable of the saves Marciano makes when hes on his game. Those 2 together means hes our best keeper.