PDA

View Full Version : Tom English

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Heard him on Radio Scotland after the game.

Why does he hate Hibs so much? Is he a jambo?

we are hibs
20-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Obviously still upset cause he made an arse of himself over his mcginn tweet. Silly wee specky cretin who should stick to the egg chasing.

Sammy7nil
Heard him on Radio Scotland after the game.

Why does he hate Hibs so much? Is he a jambo?

I think he only stated facts we have ********s in our support who have repeatedly been a disgrace.

supermcginn
He said van dijk wasn't good enough to play in England. Best ignored.

hibIBZ
20-12-2019, 09:33 PM
He was calling out the authorities for being spineless and doing nothing to combat unacceptable behaviour. Praised hibs for the way they handled previous incidents and was in no doubt hibs would react well again. He mentioned the fact the spfl continues to do nothing about sectarianism. Yes he was having a go at hibs but at the end of the day a complete clown threw a glass bottle at somebody and I saw many others throwing items as well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2019, 09:34 PM
I get the impression that he feels like he is really to smart to be a football pundit, but he is generous enough to do us all a favour.

Jones28
20-12-2019, 09:35 PM
I usually think he has good things to say about Hibs but he was coming across as a bit of a throbber before a ball was kicked. Then we went and did what we did and gave him ammunition to stick the boot in. Cheers Hibs.

Baader
20-12-2019, 09:38 PM
A complete t*@t who can't resist having a pop at Hibs. Would probably be quite angry if it weren't for the fact he's a useless delusional hack.

AgentDaleCooper
20-12-2019, 09:42 PM
There's no excuse for throwing a glass bottle at someone, dangerous and idiotic, but the way tom english just kept repeating himself about it was pretty pointless and he sounded like he was enjoying himself quite a lot. Fanny.

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2019, 09:47 PM
In his half time summary he said the Rangers first goal was a wonderful, well worked goal!
Maybe he was still inside taking advantage of the pre match hospitality and missed it.
What an absolute slaver.

Frankhfc
20-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Seems way too cozy with those of the Tynecastle persuasion and is never slow to criticise us. I don';t read anything he says or take any interest in him whatsoever because of it.

Bleeds green
20-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Sitting in the west stand lower near rangers fans pelted by coins and lighters and police and steward seen and reported this. Will Tom English mention that?

Aldo
20-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Do these idiots not realise it could have hit one if their own fans. Someone elderly or a child.

Remember what happened last year Shen that lady got hit by a bottle thrown by their own fan.

Folk really don’t get it and the consequences of their actions could cause serious issues for the person on the receiving end.

Folk will know who it is and if they do nothing then they are as bad. My opinion mind.

Do we really want that sort of idiot following out club??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EI255
20-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Gotta be nothing worse than an Irishman with a hatred to Hibernians.

Just get lost ya rimmer.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

jacomo
20-12-2019, 11:50 PM
He was calling out the authorities for being spineless and doing nothing to combat unacceptable behaviour. Praised hibs for the way they handled previous incidents and was in no doubt hibs would react well again. He mentioned the fact the spfl continues to do nothing about sectarianism. Yes he was having a go at hibs but at the end of the day a complete clown threw a glass bottle at somebody and I saw many others throwing items as well.

:agree:

Said it before but Tom English is hardly the biggest problem in scottish football. Yes some of his opinions are ludicrous but he’s only a journo at the end of the day. He’s doing his bit to promote the game and gets irate at incidents that harm our reputation.

Whatever the context, Hibs fans shouldn’t be throwing glass bottles at the pitch.

CMurdoch
21-12-2019, 12:24 AM
:agree:

Said it before but Tom English is hardly the biggest problem in scottish football. Yes some of his opinions are ludicrous but he’s only a journo at the end of the day. He’s doing his bit to promote the game and gets irate at incidents that harm our reputation.

Whatever the context, Hibs fans shouldn’t be throwing glass bottles at the pitch.

Glass bottle throwing baaaaaaaad. Getting upset about Tom English maaaaaaaad :rolleyes:.

Weegreenman
21-12-2019, 01:17 AM
Let’s hope they find the ****er that threw the bottle. Apparently it was thrown from around 30 rows up, it’s only luck that it didn’t hit anyone. If I sat in the lower part of the East, I’d be ****ing raging😡

lord bunberry
21-12-2019, 01:24 AM
I get the impression that he feels like he is really to smart to be a football pundit, but he is generous enough to do us all a favour.
You’ve absolutely nailed it as far as I’m concerned, he’s a pompous rugby man who thinks he’s lowering his sights by having to report on football.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 01:36 AM
Let’s hope they find the ****er that threw the bottle. Apparently it was thrown from around 30 rows up, it’s only luck that it didn’t hit anyone. If I sat in the lower part of the East, I’d be ****ing raging😡

30 rows up? No having that, they must have some throw on them then. Thats some distance to launch a bottle and get it over the crowd below and the large no mans land area between the stand and the pitch.

Greenbeard
21-12-2019, 06:38 AM
Meths Lingo is an anagram.

Bobby's Cinema
21-12-2019, 07:00 AM
Brilliant, spot on

hibbyfraelibby
21-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Some people need to get real. Tom English calls things as he sees them. He's called out sectarianism on many occassions and rightly called out the absolute cowardly fuds in our support for their repeated acts of lunacy throwing things a players.

As for him being a football pundit, its not his strength. He's a Rugby man forced to write and comment on football because in this narrow minded society that is Scottish journalism you cant get a job unless you fawn over football and both @r$es of the ugly sisters cheeks.

JimBHibees
21-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Interesting that his description of the touch line activity blamed Hbs bench more than Rangers.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Some people need to get real. Tom English calls things as he sees them. He's called out sectarianism on many occassions and rightly called out the absolute cowardly fuds in our support for their repeated acts of lunacy throwing things a players.

As for him being a football pundit, its not his strength. He's a Rugby man forced to write and comment on football because in this narrow minded society that is Scottish journalism you cant get a job unless you fawn over football and both @r$es of the ugly sisters cheeks.

Sorry Tom

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 09:18 AM
He literally said last night ‘the rangers bench motioned towards the hibs bench, but the hibs bench encroached far more towards the rangers dugout’ - so it’s fine to incite the opposition bench, but as long as they react further than you then it’s their fault! Boys a plum, simple as that. He went on about the bottle for about 10 minutes, fair enough, then they moved on to talking about something else, and he then butts back in, and goes ‘I’ve just seen Alex Rae tweet about a glass bottle being thrown at Barisic’, as if he was shocked, after speaking about it for ten minutes before that.

chrisski33
21-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Tbh never got impression that he hates hibs or has an ant hibs agenda.
Cant expect journos to be positive towards situations like bottle throwing but they shouldnt turn blind eye to the other crap that goes on by either side

Not In The Know
21-12-2019, 09:30 AM
The absolute fanny that threw the bottle just gives people like English an excuse.

The bottle culprit needs jailed. ****bag tarnishing our clubs name.

Since452
21-12-2019, 10:08 AM
Can't disagree with him really

Cataplana
22-12-2019, 07:19 AM
30 rows up? No having that, they must have some throw on them then. Thats some distance to launch a bottle and get it over the crowd below and the large no mans land area between the stand and the pitch.

What's the chances of a bottle which is in the air landing on the ground? You make it sound like an Apollo moon landing.

Hibs1969
22-12-2019, 08:52 AM
I can’t believe that after a spineless, ill-disciplined, error strewn performance like we witnessed on Friday, which saw us getting pumped by the Huns and where once again a moron fan disgraced the club by throwing yet another bottle onto the pitch, that folks can make an issue about Tom English and his comments. I heard him on the way back from the game and couldn’t take issue with anything he said about us. He correctly called out the moronic element of our support and actually praised the club for dealing with previous incidents. Let’s not forget that for the 3rd time in a year the club has been brought into disrepute by the actions of a complete fud, with all the negative publicity and the damage to Hibs’ reputation that these repeated incidents bring.

We’re now going into a derby on the back of the worst performance I’ve seen from a Hibs team in years, compounded by crappy behaviour by a moron, a so called fan, therefore the fact the TE has called us out over it is a complete non issue for me. We’ve got bigger issues to deal with than justified criticism by a sports journalist.

EI255
22-12-2019, 12:48 PM
The guy should stick to his rugby commentating. I don't think his knowledge of football is very good imo.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk