PDA

View Full Version : Dempster

Bob Box Fish
20-12-2019, 09:01 PM
After a year of failed leadership now would be a good time to come out with a statement regarding 90 mins of sectarian singing and the closure of the away stand to rangers fans.

ABZHFC
20-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Not won a game against either of them since we bent over backwards to give the Old Firm the full allocation again. It's time the club was run in the best interests of the fans, not the directors' pockets

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2019, 09:03 PM
After a year of failed leadership now would be a good time to come out with a statement regarding 90 mins of sectarian singing and the closure of the away stand to rangers fans.

No gonna happen, some things in Scottish football will not change

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Hmmm Fishy...

sean04
20-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Not won a game against either of them since we bent over backwards to give the Old Firm the full allocation again. It's time the club was run in the best interests of the fans, not the directors' pockets

Can’t even fill our own stands

ABZHFC
20-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Can’t even fill our own stands

I would rather Easter Road was half empty than give them any more than is necessary.

ABZHFC
20-12-2019, 09:06 PM
They have every single advantage known to man; a vastly superior playing budget, referees in their pocket, and what do we do? Give them near 4,000 tickets so they can roar their team onto victory behind one end. All the while we have virtually no atmosphere in our home ends because the chief executive would rather focus on solely providing entertainment for bairns. Pathetic

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately our own idiots’ behaviour will put focus on us again instead of those ****bags.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:07 PM

Nothing to do with giving funds to people who haven’t done their jobs properly then?

sean04
20-12-2019, 09:09 PM
I would rather Easter Road was half empty than give them any more than is necessary.

That’s handy for the transfer budget to improve the squad

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2019, 09:09 PM
They have every single advantage known to man; a vastly superior playing budget, referees in their pocket, and what do we do? Give them near 4,000 tickets so they can roar their team onto victory behind one end. All the while we have virtually no atmosphere in our home ends because the chief executive would rather focus on solely providing entertainment for bairns. Pathetic

Which refs are Rangers paying?

How comes you know about it but no one else does?

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:11 PM

She used to sit amongst them absolutely no chance of her slating her own.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Pish.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Which refs are Rangers paying?

How comes you know about it but no one else does?

Shirley you are not defending the complete and utter bias shown to any one of the ugly sisters when they play any team that may threaten their annointed and rightful place in Scottish Footbal

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Pish.

What part? She had a season ticket at Ibrox. Fact.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:16 PM
What part? She had a season ticket at Ibrox. Fact.

You think that would hinder her doing her job completely professionally aye?

staunchhibby
20-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Why were they allowed to hang there flags over the score board.They should have been removed and there vitriol showed through with there songs.

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 09:17 PM

Behave yourself

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Why were they allowed to hang there flags over the score board.They should have been removed and there vitriol showed through with there songs.

Who’s going to remove them? Stewards on minimum wage in between 3500 of they ****s?

ABZHFC
20-12-2019, 09:19 PM
That’s handy for the transfer budget to improve the squad

I don't support Hibs' balance sheet, I support Hibs and want visiting Easter Road to be an exciting experience. Yet we have a chief executive who hates atmosphere and wants us all to pay £32 a ticket, sit down and shut up. It's a disgrace

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Shirley you are not defending the complete and utter bias shown to any one of the ugly sisters when they play any team that may threaten their annointed and rightful place in Scottish Footbal

I don’t believe for one second that anybody connected with Rangers pays any of the refs in the country.

That’s quite an allegation and if true would have been headline news across the footballing world.

It simply doesn’t happen.

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 09:21 PM
I don't support Hibs' balance sheet, I support Hibs and want visiting Easter Road to be an exciting experience. Yet we have a chief executive who hates atmosphere and wants us all to pay £32 a ticket, sit down and shut up. It's a disgrace

I’ve read some pish on here over the years but this is up there with the worst. What a slaver.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:22 PM

How do you figure any of that out?

penihibs
20-12-2019, 09:24 PM

Your bang on!!

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Your bang on!!

Then moan like **** when we lose out on a player to Aberdeen or Hertz?

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 09:25 PM
I don’t believe for one second that anybody connected with Rangers pays any of the refs in the country.

That’s quite an allegation and if true would have been headline news across the footballing world.

It simply doesn’t happen.

Why would you need to pay them, they're already biased!

Onion
20-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Tonight was hard to take. 90 mins of listening to the Huns party songs while Hibs fail to lay a glove on them was horrible. The Hibs team, manager and directors all need to take their share of the blame for that. It's not Dempster's fault.

SMAXXA
20-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Need to get our own house in order first

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Behave yourself

Truth hurts. No chance of her ever calling them out and you know it.

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:29 PM
You think that would hinder her doing her job completely professionally aye?

Has she ever called them out? No!

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 09:30 PM

It’s not one or the other. I’d expect a competent board to deal with all issues.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 09:30 PM

Always the excuse to avoid dealing with the elephant in the room.

The issues are not mutually exclusive, they both fall under unacceptable behaviour - we should deal with it all.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:31 PM

Did Petrie or his predecessors? I don’t think Rod had a season ticket at the huns either.

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Did Petrie or his predecessors? I don’t think Rod had a season ticket at the huns either.

Exactly. She hasn't.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Exactly. She hasn't.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with her personal history though, she’s hardly called out Celtic for their IRA chants either.

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 09:33 PM

After a decent run, we have one really bad game and the knives are out for Dempster already.

What a joke

cabbageandribs1875

they would rescind her season ticket :wink:

CockneyRebel

Thought they actually did us a favour there.

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:36 PM
they would rescind her season ticket :wink:

Good point 😆

ABZHFC
20-12-2019, 09:37 PM
I’ve read some pish on here over the years but this is up there with the worst. What a slaver.

I accept saying she 'hates atmosphere' is an overreaction on my part, so apologies. But I really don't see how the general content of my post is wrong. The board have done absolutely nothing to address the atmosphere at Easter Road, which has got very poor in recent years. We have a singing section that are stuck up in the gods, unable to be heard by the rest of the ground despite their best efforts. Even category A games, where the atmosphere used to take care of itself regardless of drums and singing sections, are now pretty poor for noise levels. On top of that, it now costs £32 for an adult ticket to attend these games, which is definitely pricing out working fans, and it shows no sign of stopping.

If you, after watching them lord it over us for 90 minutes on and off the park, really think we don't have a huge problem with the lack of atmosphere at ER, then I am amazed

SMAXXA
20-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Always the excuse to avoid dealing with the elephant in the room.

The issues are not mutually exclusive, they both fall under unacceptable behaviour - we should deal with it all.

I agree to be fair but just feels the timing with yet another incident of fans disgracing our club I interpreted it a bit as look at them when we are as bad for unacceptable behaviour in a different way.

Agree the sectarian element is a massive issue and needs addressed as we all know but not sure it sits at LD when we have match officials, SFA delegates etc all at the game seeing and hearing what we all are. And we actually don’t know we as a club don’t report or do anything to raise the issue.

hhibs
20-12-2019, 09:40 PM
After a decent run, we have one really bad game and the knives are out for Dempster already.

What a joke

Not at all ,others think she is a failure as our CE,ok you do not but others do,hard to tell since we hear so little from her.

On the other hand sure we will hear plenty from her after tonight.One must get ones priorities in order after all.

Bob Box Fish
20-12-2019, 09:42 PM

What a joke

She’s quick enough to put a statement out about the hibs fans. Is kill a fenian before I die, the Sash and FTP for 90 mins acceptable in your opinion for families to sit through. A leader should be challenging this behaviour.

Jones28
20-12-2019, 09:42 PM

Back in yer box.

Kaff
20-12-2019, 09:50 PM
On the general issue of selling the whole South Stand to the OF I think it should be viewed as a long term project and decide to restrict them to half for 3 seasons and make that known. Hearts should stay as a reciprocal full stand.
If we state all along this is what we're doing then the general support can take shape, 1 season doesn't allow for poor form or freak results but if there's acceptance (and possibly more importantly budget allowance) that this will be the standard then we might find that crowds gradually build and the sporting advantage we have seen of the smaller away support is in our favour. Theres no doubt that stand when it's rocking gives a big advantage, we have to make this move imo

hhibs
20-12-2019, 10:02 PM
On the general issue of selling the whole South Stand to the OF I think it should be viewed as a long term project and decide to restrict them to half for 3 seasons and make that known. Hearts should stay as a reciprocal full stand.
If we state all along this is what we're doing then the general support can take shape, 1 season doesn't allow for poor form or freak results but if there's acceptance (and possibly more importantly budget allowance) that this will be the standard then we might find that crowds gradually build and the sporting advantage we have seen of the smaller away support is in our favour. Theres no doubt that stand when it's rocking gives a big advantage, we have to make this move imo

Give them only what they give us,and make sure its in an area that can be well policed.

Take any sporting advantage and swallow the limited financial costs,bearing in mind more Hibs fans would attend ,many do not as they hate the atnosphere the huns give out with a full allocation.

It is the right thing to do on so many levels.

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 10:06 PM

We don’t get the full stand at Tynie and the closed off sections at both corners will be even bigger on Thursday. Apart from that I agree with your post.

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Not at all ,others think she is a failure as our CE,ok you do not but others do,hard to tell since we hear so little from her.

On the other hand sure we will hear plenty from her after tonight.One must get ones priorities in order after all.

That's not my view of Dempster... it's more the fact that people haven't mentioned her when we were doing well but the knives are out already.

GreenCastle
20-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Give them only what they give us,and make sure its in an area that can be well policed.

Take any sporting advantage and swallow the limited financial costs,bearing in mind more Hibs fans would attend ,many do not as they hate the atnosphere the huns give out with a full allocation.

It is the right thing to do on so many levels.

Yup.

It’s nearly 2020 and we are still bending over backwards for the Old Firm in Scottish Football.

Hibs need to address this white elephant and not ignore it like the Lennon insults.

Please get also move the signing section directly behind the Famous Five lower.

Fed up seeing an empty lower tier and having no atmosphere.

We are far too soft and we are losing fans because of it.

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 10:15 PM
She’s quick enough to put a statement out about the hibs fans. Is kill a fenian before I die, the Sash and FTP for 90 mins acceptable in your opinion for families to sit through. A leader should be challenging this behaviour.

Did I say it was acceptable?

What has Dempster done differently than every other chairperson of every club in Scotland, or the SFA/SPFL, when it comes to sectarianism?

Barman Stanton
20-12-2019, 10:16 PM
People complain the team isn’t good enough. But want to give Rangers less tickets which will affect our budget. Can’t have it both ways.

Bob Box Fish
20-12-2019, 10:18 PM

What has Dempster done differently than every other chaiperson of every club in Scotland, or the SFA/SPFL, when it comes to sectarianism?

What’s stopping her from doing it differently given the stance UEFA has taken this season on sectarianism?

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 10:18 PM

What has Dempster done differently than every other chaiperson of every club in Scotland, or the SFA/SPFL, when it comes to sectarianism?

I'm not interested in what other clubs do, only Hibs.

We are doing nothing about it, yet continually ask our own support to behave in an acceptable manner at Easter Road.

It's no wonder some morons within the Hibs support pay little heed to these warnings when two different stands are subject to different ground rules and regulations.

GreenCastle
20-12-2019, 10:19 PM
People complain the team isn’t good enough. But want to give Rangers less tickets which will affect our budget. Can’t have it both ways.

Find ways to run a club without relying on around 4 away support visits a season ?

So much wrong with Scottish Football.

Aldo
20-12-2019, 10:21 PM

She shouldn’t need to imho.

The SPFL have delegates at every game and they will hear and to an extent see what is going on. Why then do the powers that be not do something about it.

UEFA did this last season regarding their singing. It’s not difficult it’s ignored by the SPFL at its highest level. Simple as.

They could impose sanctions etc but won’t as they don’t want to upset the apple cart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:22 PM
What’s stopping her from doing it differently given the stance UEFA has taken this season on sectarianism?

There’s no strict liability is Scotland.

Nicho87
20-12-2019, 10:23 PM
The famous Five lower seems to have more empty seats every week.

Move the singing section back to the east. I felt there was no atmosphere even at the start of the game tonight. Yes it was killed after 2 minutes but somethings not right.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 10:24 PM

The SPFL have delegates at every game and they will hear and to an extent see what is going on. Why then do the powers that be not do something about it.

UEFA did this last season regarding their singing. It’s not difficult it’s ignored by the SPFL at its highest level. Simple as.

They could impose sanctions etc but won’t as they don’t want to upset the apple cart!

Agreed, but it doesn't mean Hibs have to remain silent on the matter, especially when we are vocal enough about the minority of cretins within our own support.

It's our ground, and our club should be leading the way on taking action against all forms of unacceptable behaviour.

Leading the way on the matter would in turn highlight the inaction of the others you rightly mention.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 10:26 PM

They can’t enforce a rule that doesn’t exist. Our club won’t agree to change the rules and we won’t stand up to it in our stadium, sad but true.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 10:27 PM
The famous Five lower seems to have more empty seats every week.

Move the singing section back to the east. I felt there was no atmosphere even at the start of the game tonight. Yes it was killed after 2 minutes but somethings not right.

Remember how the Famous Five issue had been dealt with this season and that we supposedly had hundreds trying to get in there?

It's never been more empty and it looks absolutely pathetic on TV.

Dempster will continue to be intransigent on the matter though.

GreenCastle
20-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Remember how the Famous Five issue had supposedly been dealt with this season and that we supposedly had hundreds trying to get in there?

The signing section should be in middle of FF lower.

The section is half empty so it’s an easy choice to make. If it was full then fair enough but folk aren’t attending games for various reasons and we can simply move family seats to west lower or even south lower for Cat B games and if families want to go give them 1st choice anywhere else in stadium for Cat A.

Will free up FF seats too for those who had to move can move back.

Barman Stanton
20-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Find ways to run a club without relying on around 4 away support visits a season ?

That sounds great. I’m all ears?

We are in a country with one of the worst tv deals in football. We need away fans on the big games unfortunately.

Torto7
20-12-2019, 10:52 PM

We are in a country with one of the worst tv deals in football. We need away fans on the big games unfortunately.

Why do we need them? Whats the extra money going to get us? Another Doidge.

We can't beat them on the pitch with their financial doping but we can make life as difficult for them as possible. Lets face facts here they're the BNP/EDL/Trumpers of Scotland. None of what they stand for should be tolerated at Easter Road. If Tommy Robinson wanted to attend a game at Easter Road he would rightly be told to bolt. The huns are essentially cut from the same cloth as him. Ban them.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 11:00 PM

We had the chance to change the voting rules which would’ve allowed us to negotiate a better, fairer cut of the tv deal rather than it being loo sided towards the top 2.

We could sort our governing bodies out which would allow us to negotiate better tv deals.

We could add £5/10 onto the cost of a season ticket, a very minimal expense but one that would generate majority of said lost income.

We could get back to nurturing our own talent properly, promoting and selling on at a profit, a model which has worked for us before.

We could sort our recruitment out both in terms of management and players, thus ensuring we aren’t building new squads twice a season and having to pay compensation.

Maximum of 4 games, removing 2000 of their support each time at £30 is £240k, if we are saying we sell 0 additional tickets to our own support then the above statements would make a serious dent in that figure, although our funds are healthy and we just need to spend the money more wisely.

Kaff
20-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Remember how the Famous Five issue had been dealt with this season and that we supposedly had hundreds trying to get in there?

We've had STs in the FF for 5 yrs but unfortunately not this season and I've argued in favour of it but I wonder if the restrictions put on sales this year or about groups needing a young person has possibly been about shrinking the section and possibly making it a smaller section in the ground thereby moving it easier?
If the demand for an 'actual' family section is 1000 then set aside that area and let a singing section (in safe standing imo) take shape.
As a post script we just couldn't get tickets this season for a mixture of reasons of which financial was quite big but nothing to do with Hibs price policy and we've loved our seats in FF so would miss that. Still hoping to get half season tickets but it's all personal finance not blaming anybody for that.

monarch
21-12-2019, 12:24 AM

And your suggestions are?

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 01:49 AM
Why cant we do what hearts do with their roseburn stand and cordon off the corners of our south stand and restrict them and keep them away from our East and West stands.

Hibeesmad
21-12-2019, 02:20 AM
Why cant we do what hearts do with their roseburn stand and cordon off the corners of our south stand and restrict them and keep them away from our East and West stands.

Because the board would prefer the money.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Because the board would prefer the money.

Money over safety??

We have seen our allocation at Tynie reduced by around 400 seats by Hearts doing that. £32 x 400 is £12,800. They seem happy to make the financial sacrifice. We should do the same. The less of the OF in the ground the better imo.

Springbank
21-12-2019, 07:10 AM
Money over safety??

We have seen our allocation at Tynie reduced by around 400 seats by Hearts doing that. £32 x 400 is £12,800. They seem happy to make the financial sacrifice. We should do the same. The less of the OF in the ground the better imo.

100% this

Springbank
21-12-2019, 07:11 AM
Ps I dont often find myself agreeing with hermit crab but the games are much more entertaining when Celtic & rangers get a small allocation.

That matters.

GreenCastle
21-12-2019, 07:19 AM
And your suggestions are?

Find a more lucrative shirt sponsor ?
Develop more players to sell?
Get a stand or 2 sponsored ?

matty_f
21-12-2019, 08:05 AM
Money over safety??

They can afford the financial sacrifice when their fans are ploughing millions into the club. Not a fair comparison.

Fwiw, I'd take the hit financially if I was Hibs, will hurt us more than it hurts Hearts bit something needs to be done.

I'd also be refusing high profile games on the Friday night before Christmas in future as well. I can't believe someone thought that was a good idea.

Aldo
21-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Agreed, but it doesn't mean Hibs have to remain silent on the matter, especially when we are vocal enough about the minority of cretins within our own support.

It's our ground, and our club should be leading the way on taking action against all forms of unacceptable behaviour.

Leading the way on the matter would in turn highlight the inaction of the others you rightly mention.

Agreed. We should and ensure that those coming are under no illusion of how they are expected to behave.
I maybe should have worded slightly better... (it was late)

They can’t enforce a rule that doesn’t exist. Our club won’t agree to change the rules and we won’t stand up to it in our stadium, sad but true.

I know but the behaviour was shocking.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 08:09 AM
If it was me, theyd be getting the 800 tickets we get and launched up the top right corner of the south. Out of sight.

They would also be getting kept back 20 minutes post match.

Tbh im getting to the stage where i think we should tell them to ram their 800 for ibrox and they wont be getting any tickets for easter road. That would hurt them on the park more than us.

Carheenlea
21-12-2019, 08:09 AM
Money over safety??

Are Hearts doing that off their own back? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the police have ordered them to do so at certain high risk games after many seasons of incidents in the corners of the ground.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Are Hearts doing that off their own back? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the police have ordered them to do so at certain high risk games after many seasons of incidents in the corners of the ground.

Kill joy Budge done it, she hates an atmosphere, she has already closed part of section G permanently.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191221/c12a4bac5087359141d933758edd2036.jpg

And part of N.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191221/0abf5e927ebdff0d57b9dc75128a31fc.jpg

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:18 AM

What pisses me off as well is the fact that corner of the East nearest the South stand is cordoned off, it should be the corner of the South that is cordoned off. Restricting our own fans to accommodate more away fans is wrong in my opinion.

Bob Box Fish
21-12-2019, 08:18 AM
If we released a statement today saying the next home game vs. Rangers (should that be this season or next) Rangers will receive no allocation following sectarian singing last night- maybe other clubs would follow. It would also be good to review the video of the south retrospectively and add in there are X examples of this and send the video to the SFA.

Lead the way for change.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 08:20 AM
If it was me, theyd be getting the 800 tickets we get and launched up the top right corner of the south. Out of sight.

They would also be getting kept back 20 minutes post match.

Tbh im getting to the stage where i think we should tell them to ram their 800 for ibrox and they wont be getting any tickets for easter road. That would hurt them on the park more than us.

They should get the same percentage of our stadium capacity that we get at Ibrox - so roughly 400 tickets.

Unfortunately they can sell out the other parts of their stadium and we can't.

I wish we were in a position to be able to write off the losses 4 times a season when they both come to Easter Road but it will never happen.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 08:21 AM
If we released a statement today saying the next home game vs. Rangers (should that be this season or next) Rangers will receive no allocation following sectarian singing last night- maybe other clubs would follow. It would also be good to review the video of the south retrospectively and add in there are X examples of this and send the video to the SFA.

Lead the way for change.

I just saw a pig flying past the window.

Bob Box Fish
21-12-2019, 08:23 AM
I just saw a pig flying past the window.

Is there a reason why we can’t do this ?

The Baldmans Comb
21-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Dempster is hardly going to take on Sevco over terrorist sympathys, sectarian singing, reduced allocation or broken seats.

Get real and stop wasting energy as its not a hill someone from her background is remotely going to die on.

theonlywayisup
21-12-2019, 08:32 AM
Taking off my Hibernian tinted specs, I think the neutral sports fan would be questioning why people are talking about cutting back the Old Firm's ticket allocation when for three matches against the Old Firm in recent years there's been two bottle throwing incidents and one person jailed for assaulting a player at the side of the pitch. All from the same part of the ground.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but if anyone is going to see tickets cut back it's going to be in our allocation. It's pretty obvious to authorities that there is an element of Hibs fans that can't behave.

I would rather we got rid of the idiots in our support before taking actions against other clubs.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Taking off my Hibernian tinted specs, I think the neutral sports fan would be questioning why people are talking about cutting back the Old Firm's ticket allocation when for three matches against the Old Firm in recent years there's been two bottle throwing incidents and one person jailed for assaulting a player at the side of the pitch. All from the same part of the ground.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but if anyone is going to see tickets cut back it's going to be in our allocation. It's pretty obvious to authorities that there is an element of Hibs fans that can't behave.

I would rather we got rid of the idiots in our support before taking actions against other clubs.

No player was assaulted?? Again, why can’t we take action against individuals in our support AT THE SAME TIME as dealing with the 4000 bigots in the away end? Or is there a rule that says only deal with one incident at a time?

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Is there a reason why we can’t do this ?

I think SPFL rules state the fans of the away team need to be given a "reasonable" allocation. If we decided to give them nothing then we would probably need to have a good reason for doing so.

It's irrelevant anyway as the Hibs board is never going to turn down 4,000 guaranteed sold tickets at £32 a pop - that's over £120,000.

hibbyfraelibby
21-12-2019, 08:55 AM
I think SPFL rules state the fans of the away team need to be given a "reasonable" allocation. If we decided to give them nothing then we would probably need to have a good reason for doing so.

It's irrelevant anyway as the Hibs board is never going to turn down 4,000 guaranteed sold tickets at £32 a pop - that's over £120,000.

Exactly. Over the season we stand to lose half a million. What do you think that impact would be on our already woeful midfield?

Chorley Hibee
21-12-2019, 09:01 AM
No player was assaulted?? Again, why can’t we take action against individuals in our support AT THE SAME TIME as dealing with the 4000 bigots in the away end? Or is there a rule that says only deal with one incident at a time?

It's a tired old excuse to avoid dealing with the elephant in the room that is sectarianism within Scotland.

If we were to employ the same rationale across football, then there would be no point in the authorities dealing with any unacceptable behaviour - because every club in the country has their cretins, and no club in the country has their own house in order.

If it was 4000 people being racist, homophobic etc, it would be highlighted and dealt with, but because it is sectarianism on display, it is ignored. That is the long and short of it.

All clubs have their element of undesirable followers, so until every single club has their own house in order, we should just let other supporters unacceptable behaviour at football continue.

This seems to be the message from some.

GreenCastle
21-12-2019, 09:05 AM

Lead the way for change.

That would be the sensible option but it’s Scottish Football we are talking about here and going by the history of it and the mess it’s in - this won’t happen.

What I don’t like is the fact we just keep ignoring it and it’s the white elephant in the room.

We then get countless threads on here about it and nothing changes.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 09:09 AM
They can afford the financial sacrifice when their fans are ploughing millions into the club. Not a fair comparison.

Fwiw, I'd take the hit financially if I was Hibs, will hurt us more than it hurts Hearts bit something needs to be done.

I'd also be refusing high profile games on the Friday night before Christmas in future as well. I can't believe someone thought that was a good idea.

Do we have a choice matty over tv games? I thought once tv companies decide their fixtures that's it?

DavieRoy
21-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Ultimately, it would be great if we were able to fill that section or even fill the sections we have but we don’t. The fans had the chance and didn’t back it. The main reason because we were on the slide and people would pay to watch it.

It is the same argument with the TV deal, either take a lesser deal for ‘better’ coverage from BT rather than go with Sky or go with no deal. We can’t afford it.

Clubs will take the biggest TV deal irrelevant of who the company is or the coverage and they will sell tickets to away fans especially if it is the only means of guaranteeing the money.

The real issue is that we can’t compete anymore. Our fun with Rangers is over now. They are a decent team and gone are the days of us beating them 4-0 at Easter Road!

DavieRoy
21-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Do we have a choice matty over tv games? I thought once tv companies decide their fixtures that's it?

TV companies and Police.

With BT going at the end of the season, I imagine most Friday’s will go too.

There are less Scottish games overall in the new deal and Sky don’t tend to do Friday’s.

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 09:37 AM

Lead the way for change.

I'd be happy with that.

Make an announcement as well that, for those games only, the South Stand Lower will be the official Singing Section. Then we can gauge how much interest there is in people moving behind the goals to sing.

Montford
21-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Dempster’s a fraud. She rode the coat tails of a cup win (against the poorest Rangers team in history) and an easy Championship victory when there was no opposition. Lennon was lucky opportunity but as soon as Celtic came calling he was off. And everything to do with that departure was stage managed and prepared for months depending on the the anticipated date of Rogers departure (hence is May 2018 disappearing act). Dempster couldn’t see what was happening in front of her and was incompetent enough to miss out on what would’ve been a few hundred grand compensation. There was no way Lawell was paying Hibs a penny after McGinn. Only a blind man couldn’t see what was unfolding.
I called her out on here on Heckinbottoms appt and predicted the demise of the team and the slow dwindling of attendances on the back of it.
Yet she still thinks it’s ok to charge £32 in December to watch a second rate team huff and puff to a dismal defeat.
She has consistently got it wrong with the singing section.
Imagine the consternation if the Green Brigade were moved to the back corner of the top tier?! Or if the Union Bears were shunted to their club deck. The old firm directors clearly understand the need to have a vibrant fan base next to the pitch. Why do we persist with having huge gaps in the lower tier which would easily be filled with a safe standing singing section. Flags colour and noise cheering the team home in the second half. She has no vision, is incapable of enhancing match day experience.
Jack Ross was appointed on the back of St Mirrens promotion (failed miserably at Sunderland). He’s done nothing else and last night left me feeling he’s lacking tactical intelligence.
He was the easy appointment, Again I feel that Dempster winged this one.
She will ignore all the sectarian singing last night and will again be relieved that a Hibby chucked a bottle as it means she will focus entirely on that and not the racist (UEFAs definition) chanting from the away end. She probably has her eyes set on becoming the first female SFA chief executive. That’s the only reason I can think for her intransigence on the matter.
Ron G.. surely you have a better vision for the potential of this great club. Get it sorted.

lucky
21-12-2019, 10:54 AM

What a load of crap, how are the Directors getting their pockets filled? 3600 away fans paying £32 a head brings a lot of much needed cash to Hibs (£115k). That’s money that’s spent on our team. Yes they sing horrible songs but no club is going walk away from that sort of money. Some Hibs fans need to start thinking a bit before calling for away fan ban.

The Modfather

Lead the way for change.

I’d also be in favour of this, as well as closing the troublesome section in the East for a game. Closing part of the stand would perhaps be draconian, but we need to address the issue differently IMO before a player is seriously hurt, and probably more importantly it stops any whatsboutery in tackling the Old Firms behaviour. Take the lead on this and force a debate to be had by those that want to continue to sweep it under the carpet (Hibs included in that), the SFA, SPL etc etc.

mcfly
Dempster’s a fraud. She rode the coat tails of a cup win (against the poorest Rangers team in history) and an easy Championship victory when there was no opposition. Lennon was lucky opportunity but as soon as Celtic came calling he was off. And everything to do with that departure was stage managed and prepared for months depending on the the anticipated date of Rogers departure (hence is May 2018 disappearing act). Dempster couldn’t see what was happening in front of her and was incompetent enough to miss out on what would’ve been a few hundred grand compensation. There was no way Lawell was paying Hibs a penny after McGinn. Only a blind man couldn’t see what was unfolding.
I called her out on here on Heckinbottoms appt and predicted the demise of the team and the slow dwindling of attendances on the back of it.
Yet she still thinks it’s ok to charge £32 in December to watch a second rate team huff and puff to a dismal defeat.
Imagine the consternation if the Green Brigade were moved to the back corner of the top tier?! Or if the Union Bears were shunted to their club deck. The old firm directors clearly understand the need to have a vibrant fan base next to the pitch. Why do we persist with having huge gaps in the lower tier which would easily be filled with a safe standing singing section. Flags colour and noise cheering the team home in the second half. She has no vision, is incapable of enhancing match day experience.
Jack Ross was appointed on the back of St Mirrens promotion (failed miserably at Sunderland). He’s done nothing else and last night left me feeling he’s lacking tactical intelligence.
She will ignore all the sectarian singing last night and will again be relieved that a Hibby chucked a bottle as it means she will focus entirely on that and not the racist (UEFAs definition) chanting from the away end. She probably has her eyes set on becoming the first female SFA chief executive. That’s the only reason I can think for her intransigence on the matter.
Ron G.. surely you have a better vision for the potential of this great club. Get it sorted.

Oh dear what utter rubbish.

Coat tails of a cup win ? Easy championship?

Honestly get a grip mate. She’s doing a good job and will prob end up leaving for a bigger club. I’d be careful what you wish for

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 10:58 AM

Honestly get a grip mate. She’s doing a good job and will prob end up leaving for a bigger club. I’d be careful what you wish for

Is she doing a good job?

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 10:59 AM

She's really not.

B.H.F.C
21-12-2019, 11:01 AM

I don’t see much evidence of a good job at the moment. In the past, yes. At the moment, no.

Three managers in a calendar year is poor for a start and, much like last season, top six is probably about the best we can hope to achieve.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 11:06 AM
She hasnt been doing a good job for over a year now.

wookie70
21-12-2019, 11:07 AM
We were at our best when Leeann was in the picture and the main communicator and scene setter. When Lennon arrived that seemed to change and we haven't managed to get the harmony with Directors, manager and fans that we had under Stubbs. In my view she is an excellent communicator who should be setting out the clubs future now and continuing to update us as we go along. No idea why the excellent model she created seemed to stop under Lennon but it needs to return quickly. I have no idea what the plan is now, sacking Heck was a massive risk as we could easily find ourself in the same position in a few months.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:08 AM
She hasnt been doing a good job for over a year now.

Happy to have away fans in corporate last night. Singing and cheering their goals. Covering up for not attracting proper sponsorship. These clowns should have been booted out, but not us....

andyf5
21-12-2019, 11:08 AM
I don’t see much evidence of a good job at the moment. In the past, yes. At the moment, no.

Three managers in a calendar year is poor for a start and, much like last season, top six is probably about the best we can hope to achieve.

I think she is doing a good job currently and struck the right balance between supporting Heckingbottom abd being ruthless when she had to be. Also brought in Ross Jack who has started well with the same players.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Happy to have away fans in corporate last night. Singing and cheering their goals. Covering up for not attracting proper sponsorship. These clowns should have been booted out, but not us....

Which led to some trouble I believe.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:10 AM
I think she is doing a good job currently and struck the right balance between supporting Heckingbottom abd being ruthless when she had to be. Also brought in Ross Jack who has started well with the same players.

She isn't. Why wait so long to sack PH? Why no shirt sponsor? Why let away fans into corporate?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Which led to some trouble I believe.

But it's ok, they paid us money. We are a soft touch on and off the park

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:12 AM
But it's ok, they paid us money. We are a soft touch on and off the park

**** the money. Should be no away fans in corporate at Cat A fixtures. Recipe for disaster.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 11:13 AM
She isn't. Why wait so long to sack PH? Why no shirt sponsor? Why let away fans into corporate?

That’s it, happy to write off shirt sponsorship money, but plays the money card when it comes to that lots attendance (not reducing allocation).

The Modfather
21-12-2019, 11:14 AM

I don’t think there’s any issue with allowing away fans into corporate, there’ll probably be Hibs fans in corporate at the derby. The fans should conduct themselves properly and be mindful that they are away fans, celebrate but not over the top. If they take it too far they should be warned and then thrown out. That’s the aspect that should be criticised IMO, not whether away fans should be allowed in or not.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:16 AM
I don’t think there’s any issue with allowing away fans into corporate, there’ll probably be Hibs fans in corporate at the derby. The fans should conduct themselves properly and be mindful that they are away fans, celebrate but not over the top. If they take it too far they should be warned and then thrown out. That’s the aspect that should be criticised IMO, not whether away fans should be allowed in or not.

We are talking sevco. They can't behave anywhere

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 11:20 AM

:faf:

stuart-farquhar
21-12-2019, 11:22 AM
I've sent her a message (in a bottle) but nothing back yet.

hhibs
21-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Commercial and Marketing operations have been woeful under her leadership,surely to france Ron Gordon will see and act,hopefully no later than in the January Review we we were promised.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Commercial and Marketing operations have been woeful under her leadership,surely to france Ron Gordon will see and act,hopefully no later than in the January Review we we were promised.

I hope he wields the axe

green day
21-12-2019, 11:31 AM

I agree. Last time I was at corporate there were away fans there, no problems at all.

The issue relates to behaviour wherever you sit in the stadium. Are we to throw out the Rangers directors for celebrating goals? After all they are also in the posh seats.

If those fans in corporate didnt behave, then throw them out - simple.

Back to the original point - Dempster is past her sell by date for me, too many missed decisions, she doesnt communicate enough, too many things needing resolved. I expect RG will deal with this in the new year, tbh.

And the other strand in this thread about sectarian singing - they are pissing against the wind when one of our radges throws a bottle (yet again). Taking any moral high ground after that is nigh on impossible.

Chorley Hibee
21-12-2019, 11:34 AM
I hope he wields the axe

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have grave doubts we'll hear any grand plan in January - just simply more of the same.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 11:35 AM
I agree. Last time I was at corporate there were away fans there, no problems at all.

The issue relates to behaviour wherever you sit in the stadium. Are we to throw out the Rangers directors for celebrating goals? After all they are also in the posh seats.

If those fans in corporate didnt behave, then throw them out - simple.

Back to the original point - Dempster is past her sell by date for me, too many missed decisions, she doesnt communicate enough, too many things needing resolved. I expect RG will deal with this in the new year, tbh.

And the other strand in this thread about sectarian singing - they are pissing against the wind when one of our radges throws a bottle (yet again). Taking any moral high ground after that is nigh on impossible.

Nobody should be celebrating in the home stands for the away team.
If they want to sing and jump and celebrate they should sit in the away end.

green day
21-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Nobody should be celebrating in the home stands for the away team.
If they want to sing and jump and celebrate they should sit in the away end.

Thats just daft !

What about the members of away teams board? Or the non playing staff who will be there too?

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Thats just daft !

What about the members of away teams board? Or the non playing staff who will be there too?

They should be in the away end if they want to celebrate. It is a home stand, simple as that. Board members that want to sit in corporate areas should understand they need to be reserved.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:42 AM
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have grave doubts we'll hear any grand plan in January - just simply more of the same.

I have a gut feeling we won't be happy with his plans

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:49 AM

Renaming of the stadium.

Club name changed to the Hibernian Hawks.

Americanisation here we come.

stuart-farquhar
21-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Renaming of the stadium.

That would be aaaawesome!

Maybe a full size screen too. Give the away people more room to drape flags etc. We can't be upsetting them in any way can we.

Beefster
21-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Renaming of the stadium.

I’ll take that, if it means a decent hot dog, watered down beer and cheerleaders.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:59 AM
I’ll take that, if it means a decent hot dog, watered down beer and cheerleaders.

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 12:00 PM
That would be aaaawesome!

Maybe a full size screen too. Give the away people more room to drape flags etc. We can't be upsetting them in any way can we.

The Easter Roadians arena, all welcome. Do what you want without judgement.

stuart-farquhar
21-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Being serious for once the USA has some fantastic stadia. The matchday experience is usually excellent. Football, NFL whatever field sport. The thing is Americans are treated as guests. Are warmly welcomed and looked after. The behaviour whilst often loud and on occasion boisterous is generally civilised. Sounds weird to those who haven't been. However, you can be passionate about your team,support them and incredibly not have to be intoxicated to do so. In fairness the Americans do drink before, during and after games. But somehow remain mostly dignified and in control. (I've seen the odd exception to this admittedly).

I'd take it any day!!!

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Being serious for once the USA has some fantastic stadia. The matchday experience is usually excellent. Football, NFL whatever field sport. The thing is Americans are treated as guests. Are warmly welcomed and looked after. The behaviour whilst often loud and on occasion boisterous is generally civilised. Sounds weird to those who haven't been. However, you can be passionate about your team,support them and incredibly not have to be intoxicated to do so. In fairness the Americans do drink before, during and after games. But somehow remain mostly dignified and in control. (I've seen the odd exception to this admittedly).

I'd take it any day!!!

They also pay a small fortune for tickets. No thanks.

stuart-farquhar
21-12-2019, 12:28 PM
They also pay a small fortune for tickets. No thanks.

Price of civilisation I suppose.

21-12-2019, 10:08 PM

Fraud I think is a bit strong but do think LD is failing the Club. So many stories of disharmony behind the scenes where numerous staff simply just can’t work with her. That’s not the mark of a good CEO.
More poor decisions than good ones these days. We can’t even get a main sponsor! Someone head should have been on the block for that one alone.

Ron Gordon really needs to start smelling the coffee about what’s going on off the field otherwise the on field performance doesn’t have chance of improving.

As far as potentially first female CEO of th SFA - don’t make me laugh.

Onceinawhile
21-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Renaming of the stadium.

*Edinburgh hibernators

To tie in with our sleeping giant status.

Lago
21-12-2019, 10:24 PM
Fraud I think is a bit strong but do think LD is failing the Club. So many stories of disharmony behind the scenes where numerous staff simply just can’t work with her. That’s not the mark of a good CEO.
More poor decisions than good ones these days. We can’t even get a main sponsor! Someone head should have been on the block for that one alone.

Ron Gordon really needs to start smelling the coffee about what’s going on off the field otherwise the on field performance doesn’t have chance of improving.

I think Ron will let her see out the season and then bring in his own person.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 10:27 PM

It will have to be something on par with the link up Aberdeen have otherwise it’s going to be completely pointless.

inglisavhibs
22-12-2019, 02:13 PM
I think Ron will let her see out the season and then bring in his own person.
Hope Hibs staff don’t read the bull—— on here. Keyboard warriors indeed.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 02:49 PM

You sound like a bitter ex employee. Give it a rest. LD has been one of the best things to happen to our club. Do I agree with everything she does and says? No. That doesn’t mean she’s doing a bad job and I refuse to listen to unfounded petty gossip about behind the scenes disharmony. If you’ve got inside information, let us all know what it is so we can judge for ourselves, otherwise I’d keep my big gob firmly closed if I were you.

we are hibs
22-12-2019, 02:53 PM

Maybe you should look up the definition of keyboard warrior, mate.

Lago
Think half the so called keyboard warriors on here are hibs staff. 😉

Scottie
You sound like a bitter ex employee. Give it a rest. LD has been one of the best things to happen to our club. Do I agree with everything she does and says? No. That doesn’t mean she’s doing a bad job and I refuse to listen to unfounded petty gossip about behind the scenes disharmony. If you’ve got inside information, let us all know what it is so we can judge for ourselves, otherwise I’d keep my big gob firmly closed if I were you.
What are you 'The gob ***** police' :faf:

Stuart93
22-12-2019, 02:57 PM

A strange thing to tell someone to keep their gob shut after posting their opinion on a fans forum regardless of what it is

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Can you tell us what the lottery numbers will be on Tuesday please?

Yes it’s true she hasn’t got everything right, especially with the singing section but everything else you say is absolute nonsense. How about you have a bit of faith and start supporting the team ffs!

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 02:59 PM
What are you 'The gob ***** police' :faf:

That’s right. 🤪

Gerard
22-12-2019, 02:59 PM

You are making serious allegations in your post and you do not provide any evidence to back them up. Ms Dempster has made a great deal of progress in her time as CEO of our club. The club has increased its attendances at games through an increased season ticket holders and walk up sales. We have won the SC and have been to several semi finals and cup finals at Hampden. Ms Dempster like any other person is not perfect, we are all human beings who make mistakes. She has made progress at Hibs and will continue to make the club better on and off the pitch. When she does leave the club it will be because another opportunity will have arisen for her. We are fortunate to have her at Hibs in the position of CEO.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 03:01 PM
A strange thing to tell someone to keep their gob shut after posting their opinion on a fans forum regardless of what it is

I have no problem with opinion but malicious gossip is another thing completely.

we are hibs
22-12-2019, 03:01 PM

If someone had inside information you would probably claim its "unfounded petty gossip".

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 03:11 PM
If someone had inside information you would probably claim its "unfounded petty gossip".

Yes your probably right because it woukd mean that the club I love and support is being attacked by folk with an agenda. I’ll definitely defend the club if I think people are spreading unfounded gossip that might damage the club in any way.

hibbysam
22-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Yes your probably right because it woukd mean that the club I love and support is being attacked by folk with an agenda. I’ll definitely defend the club if I think people are spreading unfounded gossip that might damage the club in any way.

Thanks for your input in denying said gossip, Leeann.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Thanks for your input in denying said gossip, Leeann.

Vert good 👏👏👏

Betty Boop
22-12-2019, 03:40 PM
You are making serious allegations in your post and you do not provide any evidence to back them up. Ms Dempster has made a great deal of progress in her time as CEO of our club. The club has increased its attendances at games through an increased season ticket holders and walk up sales. We have won the SC and have been to several semi finals and cup finals at Hampden. Ms Dempster like any other person is not perfect, we are all human beings who make mistakes. She has made progress at Hibs and will continue to make the club better on and off the pitch. When she does leave the club it will be because another opportunity will have arisen for her. We are fortunate to have her at Hibs in the position of CEO.

Ms Dempster ? Jeezo

Sir David Gray
22-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Ms Dempster ? Jeezo

Isn't that her title? :confused:

cmcd
22-12-2019, 04:13 PM

Honestly get a grip mate. She’s doing a good job and will prob end up leaving for a bigger club. I’d be careful what you wish forSaved me a post

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 04:13 PM

Our major problem is simply that we don't know definitively why RG bought the club.
That reason will dictate his plan.
I still have real concerns that he is here to make money.
He is still to show his hand.

Don't know why Leanne is getting it tight on here.
She is just another employee of Ron Gordon and will stay until either he decides he wants someone else in or she decides to take up an opportunity elsewhere.
Other than the lack of a shirt sponsor i would be amazed if anyone knows of any failings on her part. Supporters are simply not privy to the ins and outs from which to make a reasoned judgement and in the worst instances like Montford above just rave like buffoons.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 04:21 PM

WOW!

She’s failed the club??? She was part of the team the brought the Scottish Cup to the club.

Yes she has made mistakes but WOW.

Question for you.... Who would you have replace her.

Budgie has blown nearly 30 million quid??

JR held his hands up regarding his formation the other night but let’s face it, it was going to be a tough game against a very good side! What did you think of his tactics against Aberdeen??

Fine lines and with the squad we have we are limited imho.

jacomo
22-12-2019, 04:26 PM
WOW!

She’s failed the club??? She was part of the team the brought the Scottish Cup to the club.

Yes she has made mistakes but WOW.

Question for you.... Who would you have replace her.

Budgie has blown nearly 30 million quid??

JR held his hands up regarding his formation the other night but let’s face it, it was going to be a tough game against a very good side! What did you think of his tactics against Aberdeen??

Fine lines and with the squad we have we are limited imho.

You’re whistling in the wind.

Clearly we should make Montford lord of Hibs and all bow down to their superior leadership.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 04:28 PM
You’re whistling in the wind.

Clearly we should make Montford lord of Hibs and all bow down to their superior leadership.

I know but you know!

Maybe we should!
#allhailmontford

Vault Boy
22-12-2019, 04:29 PM
I fear with LD that some folk won't know what we have until it's gone.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Leeann Dempster is a professional businesswoman, she makes the decisions she believes to be best for the business, that includes the football side. She has got many right and a few, undoubtedly important ones, wrong. The last part of that is in my opinion of course. It's also worth considering her role has probably changed somewhat since the takeover and until we hear Ron Gordon's plans then we can't really say with any degree of certainity how much of the last few months of relative silence has been due to a lack of clear strategy while said plan was being devised.

It seems every thread about LD now goes in two polarised directions. She is neither demigod nor fraud imo. She's a competent CEO who is capable of making mistakes. She's human. I also don't buy into this 'fans should shut up and just back the club' stuff. Go on any football forum, into any football pub or into any stadium and you will fins fans offering their opinion on what their club could do differently. It's been that way for decades and it isn't changing soon.

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 04:31 PM
I fear with LD that some folk won't know what we have until it's gone.

I agree.
She is canny fighter for Hibs.

OstKurve Hibs
22-12-2019, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;6023089]Renaming of the stadium.

I think the Edinburgh Hibernians would be better

DarlingtonHibee
22-12-2019, 04:48 PM
I realise by the thread that we have many experts on running a professional football team with a multi million pound turnover 🙄 🙄🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

Why don't we all calm down and wait for the agm to hear the strategy

Sudds_1
22-12-2019, 04:55 PM

The way our board act we're likely to get the roly polys😁

jacomo
22-12-2019, 04:59 PM
I know but you know!

Maybe we should!
#allhailmontford

I’m hoping I get a cap for Christmas so I can doff it in Montford’s presence.

Aldo
22-12-2019, 05:31 PM
I’m hoping I get a cap for Christmas so I can doff it in Montford’s presence.

[emoji85][emoji1787][emoji1787]

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2019, 05:39 PM
I realise by the thread that we have many experts on running a professional football team with a multi million pound turnover 🙄 🙄🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

Why don't we all calm down and wait for the agm to hear the strategy

It's a football fans forum, seems the ideal place for football people to post their opinions, be they good or bad in other folks opinion.

Kojock
22-12-2019, 05:46 PM
In Scotland racism is taken seriously. In Scotland sectarianism is accepted as a way of life and is never challenged and that’s why Scotland will never move forward.

DarlingtonHibee
22-12-2019, 05:58 PM
It's a football fans forum, seems the ideal place for football people to post their opinions, be they good or bad in other folks opinion.

I'm happy for people to post facts.

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 05:58 PM
In Scotland racism is taken seriously. In Scotland sectarianism is accepted as a way of life and is never challenged and that’s why Scotland will never move forward.

Sectarianism might be a way of life in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, West Lothian and a few other areas.
However, I've lived in the Borders, the Highlands and Edinburgh for the last 60 years and not come across it in all that time so I would not agree it is a Scotland wide issue.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2019, 06:00 PM
I'm happy for people to post facts.

Looks like you'll just need to put up with this.

The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general.

Heisenberg
22-12-2019, 06:06 PM

You seem to be quite set against Ron Gordon and have been for a while. Any reason why?

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Lol

I'm especially loving the Lennon part.

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Our major problem is simply that we don't know definitively why RG bought the club.
That reason will dictate his plan.
I still have real concerns that he is here to make money.
He is still to show his hand.

Don't know why Leanne is getting it tight on here.
She is just another employee of Ron Gordon and will stay until either he decides he wants someone else in or she decides to take up an opportunity elsewhere.
Other than the lack of a shirt sponsor i would be amazed if anyone knows of any failings on her part. Supporters are simply not privy to the ins and outs from which to make a reasoned judgement and in the worst instances like Montford above just rave like buffoons.

If RG has bought us to make money then I'm excited.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2019, 06:26 PM
In the last 18 months we’ve declined, no doubt about it.

We’ve had three managers in 2019. We’re missing a main sponsor. And less people are turning up to watch.

I don’t think anybody has done a particularly good job at Hibs for the last season and a bit, Dempster included.

McD
22-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Sectarianism might be a way of life in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, West Lothian and a few other areas.
However, I've lived in the Borders, the Highlands and Edinburgh for the last 60 years and not come across it in all that time so I would not agree it is a Scotland wide issue.

having lived in West Lothian for my whole life and not experienced or witnessed sectarianism, and worked in Edinburgh off and on for 21 years and experienced sectarian abuse, I don’t think any one of us can say how broad a spectrum that sectarianism runs across.

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2019, 06:32 PM
You seem to be quite set against Ron Gordon and have been for a while. Any reason why?

Met him early on, and didn't really understand him, his motives or the things he said at that time. Hoping to be proved wrong

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 06:33 PM
having lived in West Lothian for my whole life and not experienced or witnessed sectarianism, and worked in Edinburgh off and on for 21 years and experienced sectarian abuse, I don’t think any one of us can say how broad a spectrum that sectarianism runs across.

I can actually agree a bit here. I suspect there's more old firm fans in Midlothian than West Lothian. Or certainly not any less.

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 06:43 PM

What about the love of summer 'marches' in West Lothian?
Have you experienced sectarian abuse in Edinburgh outside the prism of football?

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 07:13 PM
Lots? Quantify the number of towns vs marches vs population vs days in year please.

And the majority don't 'love'. Ignorant comment.

And yes. Worked and spent vast majority of my life in Edinburgh. Although both are sadly inextricably linked. Are you suggesting it's often non football related in town?

I'm not sure you got my initial point btw. It was merely pointing out that Midlothian is far from immune in comparison to West Lothian.

But hey, if you want to overlook that then it's all cool.

I meant that outside the prism of football i have not experienced or witnessed sectarianism in Edinburgh.
As regards West Lothian they apparently have the most Orange marches after Glasgow, North Lanarkshire & South Lanarkshire. I always got the impression of lots of Celtic and Rangers supporters, orange marches etc in West Lothian but if McD above has lived there and doesn't see it that way, i'm glad to be wrong.
So other than at the football where is all this sectarianism in Scotland that folk on here get frothed up about. Is it confined to small areas of Glasgow, North & South Lanarkshire and football matches involving the Old Firm?

McD
22-12-2019, 07:15 PM
What about the love of summer 'marches' in West Lothian?
Have you experienced sectarian abuse in Edinburgh outside the prism of football?

Lots? Quantify the number of towns vs marches vs population vs days in year please.

And the majority don't 'love'. Ignorant comment.

And yes. Worked and spent vast majority of my life in Edinburgh. Although both are sadly inextricably linked. Are you suggesting it's often non football related in town?

I'm not sure you got my initial point btw. It was merely pointing out that Midlothian is far from immune in comparison to West Lothian.

But hey, if you want to overlook that then it's all cool.

I can’t speak to any ‘love’ of marches, I’ve never been to one or even seen one, although I do know they happen. I’ve not had it affect my life in any way whatsoever, never had to change a route of travel due to a march, never had to change plans due to one happening. Not a single time, despite living in numerous places in West Lothian. I don’t know anyone who has ever been to one, despite 39 years in the area, despite going to a mixed denomination school and knowing many people of many religions and football persuasions.

For my experiences, the sectarianism I experienced (it was directed at me) happened nowhere near football matches, or any football related environments, albeit was flavoured by football.

I was simply providing balance to your assertion that sectarianism likely exists in an area that you haven’t lived in much, if at all, and that where you haven’t experienced sectarianism, I have. That was why I said no one of us can really say how broad an issue it is.

edit: seen your reply to squashedfrogg �� I would agree that in the east of Scotland, football is a large factor generally in sectarianism, although not exclusively.

I do think that heavier forms of it are often found in the west of Scotland, and not always as football related.

Jones28
22-12-2019, 07:20 PM
What pisses me off as well is the fact that corner of the East nearest the South stand is cordoned off, it should be the corner of the South that is cordoned off. Restricting our own fans to accommodate more away fans is wrong in my opinion.

I get what you’re saying HC but when was the last time a bottle was launched out the away end? Until these idiots stop we have very little to complain about with regards to fan safety.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2019, 07:22 PM

Well you be sure to turn up to working together and hold people to account - Looking forward to your update in February - give you January to bed your ideas in, sound people out.

I’ll be back on 14/2 - Valentines for your assessment based on actually speaking with people.

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Well you be sure to turn up to working together and hold people to account - Looking forward to your update in February - give you January to bed your ideas in, sound people out.

I’ll be back on 14/2 - Valentines for your assessment based on actually speaking with people.

He certainly has many questions to ask. I'm also looking forward to hearing the responses.

CMurdoch
22-12-2019, 07:42 PM
I can’t speak to any ‘love’ of marches, I’ve never been to one or even seen one, although I do know they happen. I’ve not had it affect my life in any way whatsoever, never had to change a route of travel due to a march, never had to change plans due to one happening. Not a single time, despite living in numerous places in West Lothian. I don’t know anyone who has ever been to one, despite 39 years in the area, despite going to a mixed denomination school and knowing many people of many religions and football persuasions.

For my experiences, the sectarianism I experienced (it was directed at me) happened nowhere near football matches, or any football related environments, albeit was flavoured by football.

I was simply providing balance to your assertion that sectarianism likely exists in an area that you haven’t lived in much, if at all, and that where you haven’t experienced sectarianism, I have. That was why I said no one of us can really say how broad an issue it is.

edit: seen your reply to squashedfrogg �� I would agree that in the east of Scotland, football is a large factor generally in sectarianism, although not exclusively.

I do think that heavier forms of it are often found in the west of Scotland, and not always as football related.

Maybe folk that live in Glasgow, North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire would say the same as you do about West Lothian.
In that case it would suggest sectarian behaviour related to football is the real issue and the one that predominately sustains the issue in Scotland as we approach 2020.
Like racism it seems to be practiced almost entirely by gullible half wits. It's certainly well beyond my understanding.

Hey we better get back to discussing the serious issue of Leanne and Ron :wink:

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Maybe folk that live in Glasgow, North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire would say the same as you do about West Lothian.
In that case it would suggest sectarian behaviour related to football is the real issue and the one that predominately sustains the issue in Scotland as we approach 2020.
Like racism it seems to be practiced almost entirely by gullible half wits. It's certainly well beyond my understanding.

So you're saying Edinburgh is free from sectarianism?

McD
22-12-2019, 08:41 PM

that is very true :aok:

22-12-2019, 08:57 PM

Gerard please read my message again. I’ve not called anyone a fraud, in fact I actually say that this is harsh. I did say that there have been failings and I’d highlight Hecky and club having no main sponsor as two recent items.

Re “stories” my point is I’m concerned at all the stuff that have been kicking about. I’m not claiming to know the source or why they continue but they are and that’s a concern.

I do believe bad decisions have been made and it maybe it’s time for a fresh approach. Maybe that’s LD, maybe it’s new board members or just new senior management but think we need fresh ideas - if others disagree I’m cool with that, it’s all about opinions.

Gerard
22-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Gerard please read my message again. I’ve not called anyone a fraud, in fact I actually say that this is harsh. I did say that there have been failings and I’d highlight Hecky and club having no main sponsor as two recent items.

Re “stories” my point is I’m concerned at all the stuff that have been kicking about. I’m not claiming to know the source or why they continue but they are and that’s a concern.

I do believe bad decisions have been made and it maybe it’s time for a fresh approach. Maybe that’s LD, maybe it’s new board members or just new senior management but think we need fresh ideas - if others disagree I’m cool with that, it’s all about opinions.

To be clear in this post I did not call anybody a fraud.
The point I raised was in your original post you mentioned about issues with people working with Ms Depmster and you mentioned that there was difficulty in that area. I asked do you have evidence that supports this concern.

I have found in my limited interactions with Ms Depmster a person who listens to what is being said and she does her best to be work with the many opinions that people have concerning the way Hibs are run.
It has been mentioned that getting a major sponsor this year has been difficult.

Gerard
22-12-2019, 09:31 PM

To be clear in this post I did not call anybody a fraud or suggest any such idea.
The point I raised was that in your original post you mentioned about issues with people working with Ms Depmster and you mentioned that there was difficulty in that area. I asked do you have evidence that supports this concern.

I have found in my limited interactions with Ms Depmster a person who listens to what is being said and does her best to be work with the many opinions that people have concerning the way Hibs are run.
It has been mentioned that getting a major sponsor this year has been difficult for a variety of reasons.

I look forward to the AGM when it happens and then to see what changes are being proposed by our major PSH.Mr R Gordon.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 07:19 PM
So you're saying Edinburgh is free from sectarianism?

No what i said was that over the last 30 years I have never experienced or witnessed sectarianism in Edinburgh which was not related to football.

P.S. here's a 7 pager on hibs.net from last summer about Orange marches in West Lothian

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339268-Orange-March

hibbysam
23-12-2019, 07:28 PM
No what i said was that over the last 30 years I have never experienced or witnessed sectarianism in Edinburgh which was not related to football.

P.S. here's a 7 pager on hibs.net from last summer about Orange marches in West Lothian

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339268-Orange-March

Orange marches happen every summer through edinburgh, Fife and the Lothian’s. You must go abroad between May and July if you don’t see them.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Orange marches happen every summer through edinburgh, Fife and the Lothian’s. You must go abroad between May and July if you don’t see them.

I am well aware of where there are orange marches and I think you will find that there have only been about 10 in Edinburgh in the last 3 years whereas there are 200 every year in Glasgow. There are also high numbers of marches in North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire and West Lothian.

hibbysam
23-12-2019, 07:44 PM
I am well aware of where there are orange marches and I think you will find that there have only been about 10 in Edinburgh in the last 3 years whereas there are 200 every year in Glasgow. There are also high numbers of marches in North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire and West Lothian.

Big marches possibly, but take East Lothian, for those three months there is one in at least 4 towns every single weekend before marches elsewhere.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Big marches possibly, but take East Lothian, for those three months there is one in at least 4 towns every single weekend before marches elsewhere.

According to the Scottish Catholic Observer, who appear to be on the ball, there have only been 14 Orange marches in East Lothian in the last three and a half years.
Not in their agenda to underplay it.

Kojock
23-12-2019, 08:18 PM

I’ve worked at marches in Tranent, Prestonpans, Musselburgh, Port Seton and Haddington. They start at 7am when they pick up the Grand Master from their home address so you have a flute band, drum and all disturbing everyone in the vicinity. They march on the High Street prior to heading off to where the main march is held which in my time was Edinburgh, Broxburn, Musselburgh, Tranent and Prestonpans. On the whole the marches are pretty trouble free as it’s only like minded people who march or spectate. What I did notice that 99.9% of them were Rangers supporters.

hibbysam
23-12-2019, 09:56 PM
According to the Scottish Catholic Observer, who appear to be on the ball, there have only been 14 Orange marches in East Lothian in the last three and a half years.
Not in their agenda to underplay it.

I can assure you there’s one past my window, and other towns in East Lothian, basically every Saturday morning for months before they head off to their big marches.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 10:28 PM
I can assure you there’s one past my window, and other towns in East Lothian, basically every Saturday morning for months before they head off to their big marches.

Sorry to hear that.
Glad i don't have any of that crap near ma hoose.
Half wits and leaders of half wits.
What is it with men and stupid ****.