PDA

View Full Version : Idiots

Heisenberg
20-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Another ****bag has thrown a glass bottle at an opposition player from the East Stand. Can’t wait for the upcoming media campaign on this one. Well done whoever it was.

hibee_girl
20-12-2019, 08:32 PM
There’s already articles on twitter about it

Sylar
20-12-2019, 08:35 PM
BT Sport just picked up on it there too.

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 08:36 PM
What a cretin. Get them banned.

Del Boy
20-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Another great night. Ffs. Absolute moron.

DaveF
20-12-2019, 08:37 PM
There was a bottle of miller under a seat in the centre stand corporate section at HT. Full as well.

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Another ****bag has thrown a glass bottle at an opposition player from the East Stand. Can’t wait for the upcoming media campaign on this one. Well done whoever it was.

More to worry about than that. Team is shocking

Lancs Harp
20-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Its been a bad enough night as it is we just dont need these idiots.

The game had gone why get yourself into further potential problem. Just use your noggin. That might apply to Ryans tackle too.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Despicable, but look forward to Hibs adressing all unacceptable behaviour in Easter Road this evening.

They won't though.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Better distribution than Marciano tbf.

What kind of bam thinks that’s a good idea in all seriousness?

Weegreenman
20-12-2019, 08:40 PM
It’s no the only bottle that crashed tonight

20-12-2019, 08:40 PM
There’s already articles on twitter about it

Where’s the twitter articles?!

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 08:42 PM
I hope they catch whoever it was and the get fined... and banned from ER for life.

We could do without so called Fans like that.

penihibs
20-12-2019, 08:43 PM
What a cretin. Get them banned.

Get the skunk jailed..

Jones28
20-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Time to test out the new cctv system, no excuses for the club now.

Onion
20-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Hibs cutting edge CCTV will pick the idiot out and that'll be his last Hibs game.

hibIBZ
20-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Again all that is being discussed on the radio. It must stop. If you can't control yourself then stay away. Bottles, coins,cups raining down. How stupid are you people ??

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 08:51 PM
All the talk on the wireless now. Embarrassing and no doubt more of the same at Tynie.

CathroMustStay
20-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Moronic behaviour.

Borderhibbie76
20-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Some of the behaviour of some of the so called Hibs fans in the East tonight was embarrassing honestly shocking. Fighting amongst eachother and more than 1 item chucked onto the pitch. It is just unacceptable and getting beyond a joke

Lancs Harp
20-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Fancy getting yourself a ban or in trouble with the law after that game.

For Gods sake, well your own sake really, engage your brains.

Its disaaponting we're all disappointed but its football, yes its emotional but someties you just take it simply not worth getting yourself into trouble over.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2019, 09:00 PM
You can hear the “too much to drink” defence.
If you get bevvied and can handle yourself then maybe you need to consider whether going to a Cat A football game is the wisest move... and if you still couldn’t sort that out don’t drink.

ABZHFC
Can't wait for the board to use this as an excuse to raise ticket prices even higher to keep out the 'riff raff'

Mr Grieves
I left after the 3rd because I could see it was getting ugly. Outside, some fud booted a traffic cone in anger and it just missed my eight year old son. There were fuds fighting too.

Ozyhibby
20-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Hibs cutting edge CCTV will pick the idiot out and that'll be his last Hibs game.

Except it won’t. I saw a fan who was supposed to be banned last season at a recent game.
The club are going to have to put nets up to protect the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Can't wait for the board to use this as an excuse to raise ticket prices even higher to keep out the 'riff raff'

Woosh

norhfc
20-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Bad night all round, who’s idea was it to have the game on the last Friday before Christmas ffs

Hibbyradge
20-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Superb. Using the fans' idiotic behaviour to have a go at the board.

Top, top stuff.

:not worth

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Moronic behaviour.

it may have been an undercover sevco fan who knows.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2019, 09:17 PM
LD spoke on radio about closing the stand or part of it as it’s happened before. Well done folks. [emoji1319][emoji1319]

ABZHFC
Superb. Using the fans' idiotic behaviour to have a go at the board.

Top, top stuff.

:not worth

I will never ever relent in my criticism of the board and the way they have treated fans since 2016. We are viewed as customers, expected to come to games, sit down, and shut up. No space for active support, and the prices increase with each year. We're sleepwalking into paying £30 a ticket for any game

Lancs Harp
Anyone know if Lee Wallace is ok?:wink:

Hermit Crab
it may have been an undercover sevco fan who knows.

[emoji23]

staunchhibby
20-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Once again an idiot brings shame on our club.Was the same section involved last season regarding the incident with Tavernier

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 09:21 PM
LD spoke on radio about closing the stand or part of it as it’s happened before. Well done folks. [emoji1319][emoji1319]

Sectarian singing and hundreds forcing entry to the South stand remains completely acceptable to Dempster though.

As I said previously, behaviour of some Hibs fans clearly unacceptable, but her silence on the behaviour of Rangers/Celtic fans renders her argument useless.

She's as cowardly as our performance this evening.

neil7908
20-12-2019, 09:40 PM

I'd be raging if she does that. I'm all for taking this stuff seriously but maybe let's address the sectarian singing before we randomly punish a good chunk of our supporters. Let's use this new CCTV and take a zero tolerance approach - a life ban.

But closing part of a stand hurts innocent fans and deprives the club of money. Collective punishment is never a good idea.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2019, 09:45 PM
I'd be raging if she does that. I'm all for taking this stuff seriously but maybe let's address the sectarian singing before we randomly punish a good chunk of our supporters. Let's use this new CCTV and take a zero tolerance approach - a life ban.

But closing part of a stand hurts innocent fans and deprives the club of money. Collective punishment is never a good idea.

Sends a message though. Hearts shut G lower for similar incidents.

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 09:48 PM

It does send a message but I’m not sure it would actually stop the people who are doing what they’re doing. They’re obviously too pissed and whatever else to realise what they’re doing.

I don’t think they’d stop themselves before throwing it and say “oh wait what about the time the stand was shut a few months ago”

Unfortunately think the bottle came from sect43, which is the section I’m in & I’d be pretty pee’d off if it comes to that.

SideBurns
20-12-2019, 09:53 PM

If the team gives the same lack of effort shown in the first half, I doubt closing part of the stand will cost us much revenue.

Ryan91
20-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Evening/late KO derbies were stopped for virtually the same reason, going forward I don't think we're going to see Late KOs for Cat A games at ER any more, Fans can't be trusted not to be idiots.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Anyone know if Lee Wallace is ok?:wink:

Aiming for Kenny Miller who was working for BT I heard.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Evening/late KO derbies were stopped for virtually the same reason, going forward I don't think we're going to see Late KOs for Cat A games at ER any more, Fans can't be trusted not to be idiots.

I’ve no idea at all what anyone was thinking sanctioning the game at this time of year at this time on a ****ing Friday to begin with.

neil7908
20-12-2019, 10:42 PM
It does send a message but I’m not sure it would actually stop the people who are doing what they’re doing. They’re obviously too pissed and whatever else to realise what they’re doing.

I don’t think they’d stop themselves before throwing it and say “oh wait what about the time the stand was shut a few months ago”

Unfortunately think the bottle came from sect43, which is the section I’m in & I’d be pretty pee’d off if it comes to that.

Exactly. Why pay £100k+ for a new CCTV system to then decide to just shut the stand?

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 10:46 PM
No need to close the stand, that's ridiculous and a complete overreaction.

One person's thrown a glass bottle - one person out of almost 20,000.

Why not use the brand new upgraded CCTV that we installed a few months ago to identify this idiot, ban them and hand the footage to the police to start legal proceedings?

Closing an entire section of the stand seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2019, 10:54 PM
They won’t close any section of the stand.

They’ll do exactly as you said, use the cctv.

The Modfather
20-12-2019, 11:03 PM
No need to close the stand, that's ridiculous and a complete overreaction.

One person's thrown a glass bottle - one person out of almost 20,000.

Why not use the brand new upgraded CCTV that we installed a few months ago to identify this idiot, ban them and hand the footage to the police to start legal proceedings?

Closing an entire section of the stand seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

While closing part of the ground would be unfair on the vast majority, I’d not have too many complaints if it was to happen. Something needs done as it’s just luck so far neither have connected with anyone.

A more practical solution is probably, for Cat A games a far more thorough search will be done on entering the ground. In all the years I’ve been going I’ve never been searched on the way in. Searching most/more fans, and clearly stressing that we will need to arrive earlier than usual if we want to make kick off. That and actually enforcing/vetting allowing folk who are clearly too drunk and/or coked up entry into the game or not.

AugustaHibs
20-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Dempster is a ***** bag. Not excusing what happened tonight but why isn’t the sectarianism ever mentioned!’?!?

itslegaltender
20-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Rangers fans in hospitality got arrested the night. One of them punching a woman.

RIP
20-12-2019, 11:09 PM

Section 43 is full of regular season ticket holders. At the big games you get jakies and junkies pitching up looking for a scrum.

Shutting the stand won’t upset these morons as they attend so rarely. It will only hurt the law-abiding regulars.

Surely the club will focus on the walkups and not the STs?

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 11:09 PM
While closing part of the ground would be unfair on the vast majority, I’d not have too many complaints if it was to happen. Something needs done as it’s just luck so far neither have connected with anyone.

A more practical solution is probably, for Cat A games a far more thorough search will be done on entering the ground. In all the years I’ve been going I’ve never been searched on the way in. Searching most/more fans, and clearly stressing that we will need to arrive earlier than usual if we want to make kick off. That and actually enforcing/vetting allowing folk who are clearly too drunk and/or coked up entry into the game or not.

I'm assuming you don't actually sit in the area that people are suggesting may be in danger of being shut down?

I don't either but I'm assuming those who do and actually behave would have a slightly different take on things.

There's no way that closing a full section of a stand is a proportionate response to one person throwing a glass bottle.

Get the culprit identified, banned for life and details handed to the police.

The Modfather
20-12-2019, 11:13 PM
I'm assuming you don't actually sit in the area that people are suggesting may be in danger of being shut down?

I don't either but I'm assuming those who do and actually behave would have a slightly different take on things.

There's no way that closing a full section of a stand is a proportionate response to one person throwing a glass bottle.

Get the culprit identified, banned for life and details handed to the police.

I don’t, no. So easy for me to say, but given we have space to move the folk in that section I’d still feel the same if it was me being moved. I just think we have to do something different to what we’re doing now as eventually it is going to connect and then all sorts of sanctions will happen.

As I say, a more practical solution might be more supporter searched and actually turning folk away that are clearly too drunk and/or coked up, which doesn’t seem to happen much as of now.

matty_f
20-12-2019, 11:24 PM
Dempster is a ***** bag. Not excusing what happened tonight but why isn’t the sectarianism ever mentioned!’?!?

That’s nonsense. She would have zero credibility if she brought up singing on a night where a glass bottle has been thrown again.

"Yes, I know it was wrong to throw a bottle but those people were SINGING WORDS".

BurghHibby
20-12-2019, 11:27 PM
no like you to decry the hibs amd big up the jambos is it!!
gie it a rest wid ye no

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 11:29 PM
That’s nonsense. She would have zero credibility if she brought up singing on a night where a glass bottle has been thrown again.

"Yes, I know it was wrong to throw a bottle but those people were SINGING WORDS".

She could easily condemn everything in one statement.

It's not just words either, they're singing songs in support of proscribed terrorist groups.

Imagine the uproar if an Islamist version of Rangers or Celtic was to be set up and their fans started singing songs praising al-Qaeda. I doubt that would just be dismissed as "just words".

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 11:31 PM
I don’t, no. So easy for me to say, but given we have space to move the folk in that section I’d still feel the same if it was me being moved. I just think we have to do something different to what we’re doing now as eventually it is going to connect and then all sorts of sanctions will happen.

As I say, a more practical solution might be more supporter searched and actually turning folk away that are clearly too drunk and/or coked up, which doesn’t seem to happen much as of now.

I’d potentially be moved.

If there’s a leather chair with my name on it, it may suffice.

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 11:32 PM
Those in glass houses and all that.

Personally agree that we should be concentrating on the change that we can most directly affect.

Seeing a fair bit of whataboutism, though mainly on Twitter.

matty_f
20-12-2019, 11:36 PM
She could easily condemn everything in one statement.

It's not just words either, they're singing songs in support of proscribed terrorist groups.

Imagine the uproar if an Islamist version of Rangers or Celtic was to be set up and their fans started singing songs praising al-Qaeda. I doubt that would just be dismissed as "just words".

Get our own house in order first, obviously sectarian singing is wrong but I at the end of the day it is just words, they're not going to physically hurt or endanger anyone.

If she does that when a Hibs fan had thrown a bottle, again, then it just comes across as what-about-ery.

Imagine of she was able to be in a position where we'd behaved impeccably and she was able to stand and criticise the bigots on the away end? We can help her with that.

Chorley Hibee

Unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable behaviour, it doesn't deserve to be ignored because of something else that happened.

Would racism have been ignored last night? Of course it wouldn't, but sectarianism will be overlooked because of another incident elsewhere.

This is all part of the problem, deal with all aspects of unacceptable behaviour and you then set the standards across the board. Persist with tacit approval of certain strands of unacceptable behaviour and you'll continue to have elements of our support who see one rule of one, and another rule for someone else.

The two incidents tonight are not, and should not be, mutually exclusive.

matty_f
Those in glass houses and all that.

Personally agree that we should be concentrating on the change that we can most directly affect.

Seeing a fair bit of whataboutism, though mainly on Twitter.
:agree:

Hermit Crab
20-12-2019, 11:39 PM
no like you to decry the hibs amd big up the jambos is it!!
gie it a rest wid ye no

And I'm bigging up the Jambos how exactly? :confused:

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Get our own house in order first, obviously sectarian singing is wrong but I at the end of the day it is just words, they're not going to physically hurt or endanger anyone.

If she does that when a Hibs fan had thrown a bottle, again, then it just comes across as what-about-ery.

Imagine of she was able to be in a position where we'd behaved impeccably and she was able to stand and criticise the bigots on the away end? We can help her with that.

What if we change singing about terrorist groups for singing songs of a racist nature?

Would that still deserve to be overlooked because it's not dangerous or likely to physically hurt anyone like a glass bottle will?

I think we're in danger in this country of almost dismissing sectarianism as a trivial matter because of how prevalent it is, people don't think it will ever stop so what's the point in focussing on it or condemning it?

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 11:54 PM
What if we change singing about terrorist groups for singing songs of a racist nature?

Would that still deserve to be overlooked because it's not dangerous or likely to physically hurt anyone like a glass bottle will?

I think we're in danger in this country of almost dismissing sectarianism as a trivial matter because of how prevalent it is, people don't think it will ever stop so what's the point in focussing on it or condemning it?

Correct, and if Dempster genuinely did feel she didn't wish to get involved in whataboutery tonight, what was the explanation for her (and the club's) silence on both our previous managers being subject to vile sectarian bigotry at prior visits to Ibrox?

From recollection there were no serious incidents involving Hibs supporters on those occasions, so her silence on matters this evening just continues the trend of doing absolutely nothing about it.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Correct, and if Dempster genuinely did feel she didn't wish to get involved in whataboutery tonight, what was the explanation for her (and the club's) silence on both our previous managers being subject to vile sectarian bigotry at prior visits to Ibrox?

From recollection there were no serious incidents involving Hibs supporters on those occasions, so her silence on matters this evening just continues the trend of doing absolutely nothing about it.

Correct it's something which really winds me up.

WhileTheChief..
21-12-2019, 12:05 AM

My take on it is that no one in the country cares apart from rival football fans.

It’s rarely discussed by anyone else and certainly not like topics like indyref2 or Brexit.

Chorley Hibee
21-12-2019, 12:13 AM
My take on it is that no one in the country cares apart from rival football fans.

It’s rarely discussed by anyone else and certainly not like topics like indyref2 or Brexit.

Well people should care, and it's this indifference that will give the bigots in our society free reign to continue peddling this ***** to all and sundry.

It's not acceptable today, in just the same manner that racism isn't acceptable in a 21st century society.

Ozyhibby
21-12-2019, 12:16 AM
Always the same corner of the ground. The club should put up netting like they have abroad in that corner. Only way to protect the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2

Yep, as well as rage about flags.

WhileTheChief..
When’s the last time you heard an MP or MSP mention it? I’d guess not for years.

Not sure how you go about getting people to care about it?

Saint Hibee
21-12-2019, 12:18 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/20/rangers-win-hibernian-marred-missiles-thrown-stand

So who exactly are PA Media who seem to have provided this report to the guardian? Incredibly biased with no mention of sectarian singing.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 12:21 AM
When’s the last time you heard an MP or MSP mention it? I’d guess not for years.

You get to a certain age and you think they are sad, pathetic fannies going on about **** nobody at all cares about apart from their cousins from Parkhead. Why would anyone even be offended anymore? Or look to be offended after we’ve been pumped 3-0, mental nuts are launching vodka bottles at some random hun on the ground and our best defender launches himself at the same player.

Chorley Hibee
21-12-2019, 12:25 AM

That in itself is a sad indictment of Scottish society.

Government, police, and the general public happy to accept sectarianism as "just words", "party songs" etc, whilst acting tough upon racism, sexism and any other 'ism' in our society.

We should revert back to the 70's and 80's and the racist chants from the terraces...."just words" at the end of the day.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 12:27 AM
That in itself is a sad indictment of Scottish society.

Government, police, and the general public happy to accept sectarianism as "just words", "party songs" etc, whilst acting tough upon racism, sexism and any other 'ism' in our society.

We should revert back to the 70's and 80's and the racist chants from the terraces...."just words" at the end of the day.

I’m presuming you live in the middle of England? Such irony 😂

Chorley Hibee
21-12-2019, 12:28 AM
You get to a certain age and you think they are sad, pathetic fannies going on about **** nobody at all cares about apart from their cousins from Parkhead. Why would anyone even be offended anymore? Or look to be offended after we’ve been pumped 3-0, mental nuts are launching vodka bottles at some random hun on the ground and our best defender launches himself at the same player.

You're giving bigots the freedom to spread their hate and bigotry.

Would we afford racists, sexists, homophobics this same platform?

Of course we wouldn't.

Chorley Hibee
21-12-2019, 12:31 AM
I’m presuming you live in the middle of England? Such irony 😂

No, 32 years and counting in Scotland.

Your dismissive attitude to sectarianism is music to the ears of bigots throughout our society.

The 90+2
21-12-2019, 12:35 AM
You're giving bigots the freedom to spread their hate and bigotry.

Would we afford racists, sexists, homophobics this same platform?

Of course we wouldn't.

Not really, I think they are sad and pathetic. Imagine a Middle Ages guy singing Rule Britannia 😂😂 I’m not offended by that, the same way I’m not offended that some fat bald guy stands and sings the Irish national anthem when Celtic come to town, it’s sad as ****. Imagine living life or going to football thinking you’re part of some political cause instead of just liking football:

Frogga
21-12-2019, 12:47 AM
If you can't go to a game and not throw things then you shouldn't go to games at all.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 12:50 AM
Can we just ask that this thread is used to discuss the incident(s) from the fans mentioned in the OP please.

Anything to do with wider national politics can be openly discussed in the Holy Ground.

Thanks.

Hibeesmad
21-12-2019, 01:51 AM
The bottle was thrown by a youth sitting right behind me. I could give the row and seat number to those investigating but I'm sure with the up to date cctv they have already identified them.

kaimendhibs
21-12-2019, 03:55 AM
Shutting part of the ground is lazy. We have new cctv in place so should identify the moron.
Mibbe stop the totally pissed up folk who only turn up for big games at the turnstyle. I could tell it was a dodgy atmosphere walking up St. Clair Street last night.
Wait till Thursday, it will be even worse.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

green&left
21-12-2019, 04:15 AM

Why? No strict liability, nothing will happen no fines or charges. Closing a section of 300 seats as one fanny decided to launch a quarter of voddy is nonsense.

Other than the bottle incident I thought last night was tame. Again reading on here though you'd think it was a blood bath?

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2019, 06:31 AM
Why? No strict liability, nothing will happen no fines or charges. Closing a section of 300 seats as one fanny decided to launch a quarter of voddy is nonsense.

Other than the bottle incident I thought last night was tame. Again reading on here though you'd think it was a blood bath?

It wasnt tame at all there were a group of "fans" and I use the term loosely along from me fighting amongst themselves all 1st half with 1 threatening to knife the other....most of them were subsequently ejected by the police not long before half time. The atmosphere was pretty toxic last night.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 06:36 AM
The bottle was thrown by a youth sitting right behind me. I could give the row and seat number to those investigating but I'm sure with the up to date cctv they have already identified them.

Are you 29 rows back?

Bobby's Cinema
21-12-2019, 07:04 AM
When the article came out on the website before the game asking fans to behave I thought it this really necessary, is this what it’s come to?

Turns out it is. What the **** goes through people’s minds

Sir David Gray
21-12-2019, 07:09 AM

It certainly should be discussed and people should care about it, it's a Scottish disease.

Malthibby
21-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Utterly stupid statement, unless you are deliberately avoiding commenting on ersewipes who think throwing bottles is okay. It's not, with any luck CCTV will identify & the cops will charge, and Hibs will ban for life.
If by 'riff riff' you are trying to suggest folk who aren't loaded, well 99.99 percent of riff riff wouldn't consider chucking bottles at football players. That's morons who should have no place at ER.

Franck Stanton
21-12-2019, 03:19 PM

Genuine question, just what good would that do ?
Would only punish genuine hibs supporters with s/t for this area, as for the moronic element, they would just move towards half way line, or, God forbid further up the terracing and the missiles they throw would more than likely hit fellow hibby s. Hopefully the cctv identifies the culprit(s).

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 07:39 PM

You should definitely inform the club and police as the more witness statements the better.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Genuine question, just what good would that do ?
Would only punish genuine hibs supporters with s/t for this area, as for the moronic element, they would just move towards half way line, or, God forbid further up the terracing and the missiles they throw would more than likely hit fellow hibby s. Hopefully the cctv identifies the culprit(s).

Probably not much good at all, talking to a hearts mate and he said since budge has started her crackdown on all things boisterous at home games trouble has increased at away matches.

basehibby
22-12-2019, 03:51 AM

When there's bawbags in our support chucking bottles, lighters, coins etc and taking to the pitch to assault players any complaints about the mere singing of songs are pretty empty - glass houses and stones come to mind.

Carheenlea
22-12-2019, 06:19 AM

The leader of our local council was standing for the Conservatives in Lanark and Hamilton East in the recent general election and played the sectarian card whilst on the campaign trail in Larkhall.
In the region where she leads the council the comments barely raised an eyebrow.

https://i.postimg.cc/QC7MmLJs/B1-ADAFF3-0-C9-F-4-CFE-A77-B-244109631-D42.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2019, 06:28 AM
It's lunacy; the club even made a public plea about behaviour before the match, but no, some nutter just couldn't stop himself.

Johnny Clash
22-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Can you imagine the scenes if one of these bottles ever hit a player? Such a cowardly thing to do - throw a bottle and hide. Have to say though the second I saw we were playing the Paris Buns on a Friday night the word carnage jumped into my head. For the big atmosphere games, Hibs need to improve searches and security at the only part of our ground where there is trouble - can’t be that difficult to do?!

silverhibee
22-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Has the cctv not identified the person yet.

EI255
22-12-2019, 12:41 PM
I heard the bottle incident was an accident.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

22-12-2019, 09:28 PM

If so mate please tell the club. We don’t need half wits in the support.

Franck Stanton
22-12-2019, 10:33 PM
If so mate please tell the club. We don’t need half wits in the support.

Yup, let the club know so the complete idiot that three it can be found quickly. Need to clean house.

Dashing Bob S
22-12-2019, 11:16 PM
Thdd Ed bottle throwing incident, while lamentable, took place in the spur of the moment and can be put down to exuberance.

Sectarian chanting however is planned and systematic and the offenders should be identified and banned from football.

andyf5
23-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Thdd Ed bottle throwing incident, while lamentable, took place in the spur of the moment and can be put down to exuberance.

In my head by using the "e" word you have equated the 2016 cup win celebrations with throwing bottles at people. Do you really think throwing a bottle at someone shouid be dismissed lightly? This morning's papers still carry news stories about this which really annoys me. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/players-need-more-protection-from-yobs-says-rangers-joe-aribo-5zm5srxr8

Yorkshire HFC
23-12-2019, 08:35 AM

Sectarian chanting however is planned and systematic and the offenders should be identified and banned from football.

Throwing a bottle at someone cannot be put down to exuberance - it is an evil and stupid thing to do. I don't know anyone who would do that.

flash
23-12-2019, 08:56 AM

Not sure if this is serious or not. Maybe the poor soul who threw the bottle did it because he was so upset by the Huns' moronic chanting.

Betty Boop
23-12-2019, 09:03 AM

You're at it

Cataplana
23-12-2019, 09:41 AM
I heard the bottle incident was an accident.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

What, the person smuggled a glass bottle into the ground without knowing . When the found it in their pocket, they got such a surprise that they threw it away in a reflex action, and by some tragic combination of factors, managed to land in the vicinity of a player on the ground?

Brightside
23-12-2019, 10:18 AM

That’s just silly.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 10:59 AM
I think the events of Friday night, bottle throwing and sectarian singing, just shows how vacuous the obligatory pre-game statements are. Of course I understand they are likely released at the request of the Police but they are completely ineffective. If your the type of person who can go to a football match, have a few pints, support your team passionately then go home then the statement means nothing to you. If you are the type of person who sees football as an anything goes environment in which you can express your support for the UVF/UDA/UFF, tell people how much you hate Catholics, proclaim your prejudices against other groups be that black people, gay people, Muslims or if you are someone who throws a bottle at an opposition player then the statement means nothing to you because a few words aren't going to change that mentality.

Whoever threw that bottle is looking at a pretty lengthy ban, possibly lifetime, from watching their team. That's a lot of time to sit and think about a moment of madness. Whatever the mitigating circumstances it's an idiotic thing to do and there can't really be too much complaint about the book being thrown at the individual. The sectarian singing is a far more ingrained and habitual behaviour. It's a damning indictment of Scottish football that absolutely no one, club or individual, wants to stand up and really tackle the issue.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Closing sections of the ground, particularly for away fans, would seem a good starting point but clubs in Scotland value money over all else and I daresay many fans feel the same way. The next step would probably be docking points but again no club is going to agree to that, in theory such a punishment should impact 2 teams in particular most severely, in practice a club like Hibs or Hearts would be the easy, but relatively high profile, target.

Games like Friday do absolutely nothing for the image of Scottish football but the issue runs deeper. The scenes at the Chelsea v Spurs game yesterday suggest a deeper rooted societal problem, football can deal with the impact on the game though and it's about time someone stood up and did so.

Anthony Soprano
23-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Another excuse for the papers to drag our name through the mud, i see fat boy commons has already had his say.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5097278/hibs-rangers-scottish-cup-kris-commons/

Just giving them ammunition with s*** like this.

It has to stop, I do wonder however if there would be a big song and dance made about it if it was a rangers fan who launched the bottle though? No, of course there wouldn't.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Another excuse for the papers to drag our name through the mud, i see fat boy commons has already had his say.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5097278/hibs-rangers-scottish-cup-kris-commons/

Just giving them ammunition with s*** like this.

It has to stop, I do wonder however if there would be a big song and dance made about it if it was a rangers fan who launched the bottle though? No, of course there wouldn't.

The below line is just brilliant, not a hint of irony:

"They'll get away with it because the country's governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don't want to know.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Next up Kris Commons on the Green Bridge...

.Sean.
23-12-2019, 12:11 PM
The below line is just brilliant, not a hint of irony:

"They'll get away with it because the country's governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don't want to know.
The slaver that is Bill Leckie also having a pop in his rag.

Raging tbh. We’re an easy target here in comparison to some of the crap the Glasgow ****bags get away with and we’re getting it from everywhere for this.

The Modfather
23-12-2019, 01:06 PM
The slaver that is Bill Leckie also having a pop in his rag.

Raging tbh. We’re an easy target here in comparison to some of the crap the Glasgow ****bags get away with and we’re getting it from everywhere for this.

I said on another thread, we should close the troublesome part of the ground for a game as well as, particularly for Cat A games, improve the fan searches and actually enforce stopping people who are too drunk or coked up from entering. I know closing the stand and re-housing those fans isn’t fair because of a handful of cretins, but it would then allow us to actually shine a light on the sectarian singing and challenge what is being done by others (a notable two, as well as the authorities) while taking away the predictable whataboutery defence.

I know it won’t be a popular opinion closing the stand, but I’m fed up with Hibs being as complicit in sweeping sectarianism under the carpet as everyone else, pretending it doesn’t happen.

Keith_M
23-12-2019, 01:13 PM
I said on another thread, we should close the troublesome part of the ground for a game as well as, particularly for Cat A games, improve the fan searches and actually enforce stopping people who are too drunk or coked up from entering. I know closing the stand and re-housing those fans isn’t fair because of a handful of cretins, but it would then allow us to actually shine a light on the sectarian singing and challenge what is being done by others (a notable two, as well as the authorities) while taking away the predictable whataboutery defence.

I know it won’t be a popular opinion closing the stand, but I’m fed up with Hibs being as complicit in sweeping sectarianism under the carpet as everyone else, pretending it doesn’t happen.

I totally understand why you want that to happen but the idiots would simply move to another part of the stadium.

All it takes is for one or two people out of 16,000 home fans to act like idiots and the Mejia are all over us.

WhileTheChief..
23-12-2019, 01:15 PM
And do you refund everyone that’s bought a ticket in the stand, including ST holders?

Pretty expensive way to go about things.

They can use the damn cctv that they bought and identify the culprit through that.

I sit in the West so it doesn’t affect me but if they closed my section of the stand for the actions of some tube then that’s the last time I’d buy a ST.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2019, 01:20 PM

The shining a light on sectarianism part won't happen, it's an accepted part of Scottish football.

What happened yesterday during the Tottenham-Chelsea game should be happening up here every time a sectarian song starts up. The stadium announcer should be making announcements over the PA system and the referee should be stopping the game.

Until we get to that point then we'll continue just paying lip service to the problem.

23-12-2019, 01:26 PM
The shining a light on sectarianism part won't happen, it's an accepted part of Scottish football.

What happened yesterday during the Tottenham-Chelsea game should be happening up here every time a sectarian song starts up. The stadium announcer should be making announcements over the PA system and the referee should be stopping the game.

Until we get to that point then we'll continue just paying lip service to the problem.

Yep - catholics should start walking off the pitch.

See what happens

hibbyfraelibby
23-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Exuberance? Bringing a bottle into a football stadium is a criminal offence. Bringing alcohol in is a criminalboffence. You do not accidentally bring either into a game. It has to be premeditated and premeditated rules out exuberism.

Tully
23-12-2019, 04:44 PM
4 individuals identified can expect knock on door as police informed, all for item throwing incidents

Lago
23-12-2019, 04:52 PM
4 individuals identified can expect knock on door as police informed, all for item throwing incidents

Good

23-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Sorry to see these things happen at games but good that individuals have been picked out on footage.

Since452
23-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Well done Hibs on dealing with it swiftly. That's why the upgraded CCTV was brought in.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 06:12 PM

Your source?

We need the bottle guy, lighter and cup guys will not suffice

Richibee
23-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Your source?

We need the bottle guy, lighter and cup guys will not suffice

Hibernian 'identify four men' over missile throwing at Rangers game https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50894489

Paisley Hibby
23-12-2019, 06:42 PM

Wow!!! What an absolutely unbelievably stupid post. You need to have a word with yourself.

A Hi-Bee
23-12-2019, 06:42 PM
As the Americans say their aint no cure for Stuupid, stupid is as stuupid does.

Malthibby
23-12-2019, 06:51 PM
As the Americans say their aint no cure for Stuupid, stupid is as stuupid does.

Sad, but if it's going to continue then hopefully the stuupid behaviour will continue far from ER. We are being tarred by the
behaviour of a few imbeciles who seem incapable of learning. Ban them, charge them, .

greenlex
23-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Cat A night games should be stopped.

fulshie
23-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Sorry, disagree! Throwing objects on to the field of play should be stopped whether at night or day or whatever cat game.

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Apparently Hibs have caught a guy who threw his butt at a Rangers player. Who knew!

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/12/23/hibs-identify-man-who-throw-bottom-at-rangers-player/?platform=hootsuite

Scouse Hibee
23-12-2019, 10:50 PM

What and let the idiots win? No chance.

bringbackbenny
23-12-2019, 10:53 PM
Apparently Hibs have caught a guy who threw his butt at a Rangers player. Who knew!

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/12/23/hibs-identify-man-who-throw-bottom-at-rangers-player/?platform=hootsuite

He must be an ersehole of the first order ;)

CMurdoch
23-12-2019, 11:03 PM
He must be an ersehole of the first order ;)

:greengrin they are going to amend this soon and folk will think we're the herses

P.S. Been amended from bottom to bottle now. Boo!

cmcd
24-12-2019, 09:25 PM

No one knows what LD is doing behind the scenes so you're comment is incorrect

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-12-2019, 11:46 PM

Sadly I agree. Playing this game on the Friday before Christmas when many people were out drinking from early doors was always likely to cause some sort of incident. We all knew it when the fixture change was announced.

chrisski33
25-12-2019, 12:28 AM
Sadly I agree. Playing this game on the Friday before Christmas when many people were out drinking from early doors was always likely to cause some sort of incident. We all knew it when the fixture change was announced.

Naaa no excuses. No reason to throw bottle at someone.

Hermit Crab
25-12-2019, 06:12 AM

I think tv companies secretly want these high profile games played at night as they know there is a good chance of some controversy from the fans and it increases viewing figures and gets folk talking.

Mikey
08-02-2020, 02:41 PM
Nicked......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-51427079

Billy Whizz
08-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Nicked......

Well done Hibs/Police Scotland

Still no one from arrested for throwing coin at Lennon at Tynie though

08-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Nicked......

New HD CCTV doing its job then.

CMurdoch
08-02-2020, 04:01 PM
Well done Hibs/Police Scotland

Still no one from arrested for throwing coin at Lennon at Tynie though

No one caught for throwing the bottle that narrowly missed Scott Sinclair either because neither club had a capable CCTV system at the time.

Both clubs now have the capability and erses throwing things will be captured from here on in. Great result.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2020, 04:05 PM
No one caught for throwing the bottle that narrowly missed Scott Sinclair either because neither club had a capable CCTV system at the time.

Both clubs now have the capability and erses throwing things will be captured from here on in. Great result.

To be honest if you intentionally take a glass bottle into a ground to deliberately launch it at an opposing player or fans then you should be nowhere near football. That should apply to every supporter of every club.

Lago
08-02-2020, 04:49 PM
To be honest if you intentionally take a glass bottle into a ground to deliberately launch it at an opposing player or fans then you should be nowhere near football. That should apply to every supporter of every club.
Yip agree, self evident

Keith_M
08-02-2020, 04:58 PM

:agree:

Pretty Boy
08-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Eddie Jones has claimed a member of the England coaching staff was hit on the head with a thrown beer bottle (plastic) when arriving at Murrayfield today.

It's not really a subject for whataboutery but the press reaction will be interesting. It's really a trend all sports could do without.

Tomsk
08-02-2020, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;6077248]Eddie Jones has claimed a member of the England coaching staff was hit on the head with a thrown beer bottle (plastic) when arriving at Murrayfield today.

It's not really a subject for whataboutery but the press reaction will be interesting. It's really a trend all sports could do without.[/QUOTE

If someone has thrown a bottle at the England staff I trust that person will be apprehended and dealt with accordingly.

I also trust the RFU will get a grip of that reptile Eddie Jones and tell him to stop winding the situation up because he ain't helping.

Frazerbob
09-02-2020, 12:56 AM
Leeann Dempster deserves credit here. 👏

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2020, 04:44 AM
Happens everywhere now, including cricket and the athletics.:bitchy:

CentreLine
09-02-2020, 01:19 PM
Eddie Jones has claimed a member of the England coaching staff was hit on the head with a thrown beer bottle (plastic) when arriving at Murrayfield today.

It's not really a subject for whataboutery but the press reaction will be interesting. It's really a trend all sports could do without.

Interesting claim by Jones. It seems he was not present as he and the England team were already safely in the stadium when one of his coaches was struck by a flying plastic bottle and later told him so when also in the ground and having suffered no ill effect. From reports there is no evidence that any bottle was thrown.
In a gale force win and exposed to the elements an empty plastic bottle can fly a long way, especially when you consider the various levels on the stadium. I fear people have jumped to a less than obvious conclusion here. Maybe we, Eddie Jones included, should wait for the facts before making outrageous allegations.

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2020, 04:34 PM
Interesting claim by Jones. It seems he was not present as he and the England team were already safely in the stadium when one of his coaches was struck by a flying plastic bottle and later told him so when also in the ground and having suffered no ill effect. From reports there is no evidence that any bottle was thrown.
In a gale force win and exposed to the elements an empty plastic bottle can fly a long way, especially when you consider the various levels on the stadium. I fear people have jumped to a less than obvious conclusion here. Maybe we, Eddie Jones included, should wait for the facts before making outrageous allegations.

Tom English has now tweeted a video showing it wasn't thrown and clearly was blown over by the wind.
After labelling the blue egg chasers as disgraceful yesterday.

hibsbollah
09-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Leeann Dempster deserves credit here. 👏

Is she the one who skelped Jones? More power to her elbow.

CentreLine
09-02-2020, 05:27 PM
Tom English has now tweeted a video showing it wasn't thrown and clearly was blown over by the wind.
After labelling the blue egg chasers as disgraceful yesterday.

That is Just as disgraceful as all the reported “assaults” May 2016. People just making stuff up because it fits an agenda. I trust we will be hearing an apology from Jones? Some chance

Joe6-2
09-02-2020, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;6077248]Eddie Jones has claimed a member of the England coaching staff was hit on the head with a thrown beer bottle (plastic) when arriving at Murrayfield today.

It's not really a subject for whataboutery but the press reaction will be interesting. It's really a trend all sports could do without.[/QUOTE

If someone has thrown a bottle at the England staff I trust that person will be apprehended and dealt with accordingly.

I also trust the RFU will get a grip of that reptile Eddie Jones and tell him to stop winding the situation up because he ain't helping.

Can’t stand that mouthpiece

hibbysam
09-02-2020, 06:40 PM

Shouldn’t get inside with said bottle, which says a lot for our searches to get in.

green day
09-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Shouldn’t get inside with said bottle, which says a lot for our searches to get in.

Not really, thats the equivalent of stating that the doorman on a club is responsible for some idiot od'ing in the toilets on something they snuck in up their arse.

People taking a glass bottle to football and launching it at the pitch are criminals.

hibbysam
09-02-2020, 06:59 PM
Not really, thats the equivalent of stating that the doorman on a club is responsible for some idiot od'ing in the toilets on something they snuck in up their arse.

People taking a glass bottle to football and launching it at the pitch are criminals.

Of course they are, however searches to our big games are absolutely horrific at Easter road. Having something tiny wedged up your arse is completely different to having a glass bottle in your pocket. Not being funny but you could literally walk into the home end with absolutely anything on you and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid at you unless you carry a bag. The away end is like a professional operation to get in and the home end we saunter in without a second look.

Ps you don’t need to launch it to be breaking the ground rules and be liable for arrest.

09-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Of course they are, however searches to our big games are absolutely horrific at Easter road. Having something tiny wedged up your arse is completely different to having a glass bottle in your pocket. Not being funny but you could literally walk into the home end with absolutely anything on you and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid at you unless you carry a bag. The away end is like a professional operation to get in and the home end we saunter in without a second look.

Ps you don’t need to launch it to be breaking the ground rules and be liable for arrest.

Totally agree. We should increase the searches for fans attending football games. Especially home fans.

green day
09-02-2020, 07:10 PM

Not being funny, but I do not want us in the situation where everyone gets a pat down before entering the ground - its a football ground not a prison.

The reason for the difference at the away end for (I assume you mean) Celtic and Rangers matches is that their away fans have a history of behaving like animals, intimidating people, pishing in the streets and dropping buckie bottles everywhere - so the police treat them accordingly.

We are treated like adults with the assumption that we are not sneaking stuff in - that should be the default situation at Easter Road.

I imagine that Dempster and the board were under massive pressure to change that on the back of the few bams throwing stuff recently and - I cannae believe I am writing this :greengrin - it is to their credit that they have resisted and continue to treat us like human beings.

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Got a pat down Today, brief not thorough, but if deemed necessary then fine

hibbysam
09-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Not being funny, but I do not want us in the situation where everyone gets a pat down before entering the ground - its a football ground not a prison.

The reason for the difference at the away end for (I assume you mean) Celtic and Rangers matches is that their away fans have a history of behaving like animals, intimidating people, pishing in the streets and dropping buckie bottles everywhere - so the police treat them accordingly.

We are treated like adults with the assumption that we are not sneaking stuff in - that should be the default situation at Easter Road.

I imagine that Dempster and the board were under massive pressure to change that on the back of the few bams throwing stuff recently and - I cannae believe I am writing this :greengrin - it is to their credit that they have resisted and continue to treat us like human beings.

But folk are clearly taking things in which has the potential to damage the rest of us if used slightly carelessly. I’d rather get a pat down and know I’m going to be safe than just accept it is the way of it. I don’t feel like I’m in a prison when searched going onto aeroplanes, going into boxing events, large music events etc, I got a pat down today, quick but enough to determine if I was carrying a glass bottle. There is nothing inhumane about being searched going into a large event, none whatsoever.

green day
09-02-2020, 07:48 PM
But folk are clearly taking things in which has the potential to damage the rest of us if used slightly carelessly. I’d rather get a pat down and know I’m going to be safe than just accept it is the way of it. I don’t feel like I’m in a prison when searched going onto aeroplanes, going into boxing events, large music events etc, I got a pat down today, quick but enough to determine if I was carrying a glass bottle. There is nothing inhumane about being searched going into a large event, none whatsoever.

Be careful what you wish for.

I have a metal hip and bleep every time I go through security at every airport - and then get the full treatment (apart from modern security halls like Edinburgh which has decent body scanners and it only takes a minute).

I dont find it normal to have to hold my hands out and have some guy running his hands up my legs, back, arms, waistband etc - it is also quite time consuming on a per person basis - so if we are to have proper searches of 16000 home fans ahead of matches, the scanner cock up threads will be like a walk in the park.

I am going to bow out now, I understand your point but afraid I disagree entirely.

Jack Hackett
09-02-2020, 07:52 PM
That is Just as disgraceful as all the reported “assaults” May 2016. People just making stuff up because it fits an agenda. I trust we will be hearing an apology from Jones? Some chance

Slimy whiny slugs like Jones, Jabba, Trump and Cummings, have learned that fake news gets out first and makes front page headlines, while the truth, even when exposed, gets relegated to some obscure buried paragraph and forgotten. Rabble roused... Job done.

malcolm
09-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Be careful what you wish for.

I have a metal hip and bleep every time I go through security at every airport - and then get the full treatment (apart from modern security halls like Edinburgh which has decent body scanners and it only takes a minute).

I dont find it normal to have to hold my hands out and have some guy running his hands up my legs, back, arms, waistband etc - it is also quite time consuming on a per person basis - so if we are to have proper searches of 16000 home fans ahead of matches, the scanner cock up threads will be like a walk in the park.

I am going to bow out now, I understand your point but afraid I disagree entirely.

Know the feeling, I’ve had a junk load of metal in me for 30yrs and remember before this security and then going through London city the first time after they introduced hand held scanners - beep beep beep and off into a cubicle to drop my trousers and flash my operation scars. So the new arches are great though with their phantom returns I still get regular rub downs. That said I accept it is necessary but not sure I would find it acceptable for me to enter Easter Road.

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 09:50 PM
Be interesting to see if the media goes into a frenzy over a member of the England coaching staff being struck by a bottle thrown by a Scotland rugby fan yesterday in the same manner as they do with football fans. Probably just be put down to a bit of high spirits.

CentreLine
09-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Slimy whiny slugs like Jones, Jabba, Trump and Cummings, have learned that fake news gets out first and makes front page headlines, while the truth, even when exposed, gets relegated to some obscure buried paragraph and forgotten. Rabble roused... Job done.

Nail hit firmly on the head. There should be an emoji for that 👍🏻

CentreLine
09-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Be interesting to see if the media goes into a frenzy over a member of the England coaching staff being struck by a bottle thrown by a Scotland rugby fan yesterday in the same manner as they do with football fans. Probably just be put down to a bit of high spirits.

Think you need to read a bit further back in the thread. Looks like there was no bottle “thrown”. Empty, light weight, plastic bottle blown in extraordinary high winds it’s seems.

Carheenlea
09-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Think you need to read a bit further back in the thread. Looks like there was no bottle “thrown”. Empty, light weight, plastic bottle blown in extraordinary high winds it’s seems.

Hadn’t seen the earlier posts - I’ll need to take my post back in that case.

CentreLine
09-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Hadn’t seen the earlier posts - I’ll need to take my post back in that case.

It’s just incredible that people seem to be able to make up their own story to fit some basic facts and make that story fit their agenda. No criticism of you by the way, we’ve all been victims of the fake news makers.