PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

Weegreenman
20-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Things are so bad that people are screaming for him to be brought on. A player who couldn’t get a sniff of a starting eleven place the last two seasons.

We are in need of a real clear out.

Onion
20-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Things are so bad that people are screaming for him to be brought on. A player who couldn’t get a sniff of a starting eleven place the last two seasons.

We've cleared out every decent competitive midfielder we had at the club in the last 2 years and replaced them with puff players.

McGinn, McGeough, Bartley, Milligan - all gone. Slivka is the last man standing.

Sammy7nil
20-12-2019, 09:01 PM
We've cleared out every decent competitive midfielder we had at the club in the last 2 years and replaced them with puff players.

McGinn, McGeough, Bartley, Milligan - all gone. Slivka is the last man standing.

Bartley and Milligan were never going to be the answer this year neither is Slivka

BlackSheep
20-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Slivka has been fantastic since returning from injury and is miles ahead of Mallan in that position, no idea why Jack Ross dropped him.

I think both Hecky and Ross have a soft spot for Mallan, it he’s not worth a shirt.

Heisenberg
20-12-2019, 09:04 PM

Thought the same during the match. He’s not good enough. Mallan is the same. Allan needs a solid midfield around him to let him play, not powderpuff no hopers who can’t run or tackle.

dmc1875
20-12-2019, 09:52 PM

Your kidding right? Guy clearly has ability and has been very very good since Heck left and is a far better option than having mallan and Allan both starting?

The Modfather
20-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Slivka has been fantastic since returning from injury and is miles ahead of Mallan in that position, no idea why Jack Ross dropped him.

I think both Hecky and Ross have a soft spot for Mallan, it he’s not worth a shirt.

While I think Slivka gives our midfield the best balance from the limited quality and lack of energy and steel we have. He’s as likely to follow up a great performance like against Aberdeen with an equally anonymous one the next game like Ross County away.

He should play ahead of Mallan IMO, but he’s part of the overall midfield problem, not the solution IMO. A decent enough squad player, but wouldn’t really notice if he was to leave.

MrRobot
20-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Slivka should have started over Mallan.

Nicho87
20-12-2019, 10:08 PM
I asked this question after the game. Who in the current hibs squad would we want to sign if we didn’t already have them.
Definatleys are:

Boyle
Porteous
McGregor (fit)
Hallberg
Allan
Kamberi

The rest I genuinely wouldn’t lose sleep over.
In other words could we do better. Yes

Smartie
20-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Slivka should have started tonight.

He might not be the solution but he’s certainly not the problem.

Slivka could be part of a team to make a far better fist of it than we did tonight.

Mallan will be torn apart every time he plays them.

CLASS OF 72 -73
20-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Mallan - One trick pony albeit a good trick occasionally
Stevenson - Done:not worth
Hanlon - on the verge of above
Allan - Over rated but found his level with us - tin hat but true
Slyvka- Nice player 40% of the time
Gray - squad player
Mc Gregory - squad player
Marciano - bad distribution cancels out his great stops
Horgan - Mixer tap
Kamberi - wasted in this side
Naismith - Lump
Hallberg - OK
Boyle - Speed keeps him worthwhile
Doidge - impact player
Portious - Talented hothead
Ross- I don't get the pathetic midfield set up and two up top against the current buns.

Summary we were pathetic and one of the worst performances I have seen for many years

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2019, 10:50 PM

He got more than a sniff of the first team last season. Was our best player for about 2 months upto Christmas.

Offered nothing tonight but no one did.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2019, 10:54 PM
No bad. No that good. No the answer.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 10:55 PM

Truly amazing after his last couple of performances that anyone could still say that but so many seem to believe it.

If you can be occasionally brilliant - you’ve made it with a lot of Hibs fans even if you’re utterly woeful half the time.

Crab apple
20-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Slivka should have started over Mallan.

Yip. We improved when he came on.

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Truly amazing after his last couple of performances that anyone could still say that but so many seem to believe it.

If you can be occasionally brilliant - you’ve made it with a lot of Hibs fans even if you’re utterly woeful half the time.
He was far from our problem tonight. Only one doing anything. Bizarre to sub him.

Brooster
20-12-2019, 11:18 PM
I asked this question after the game. Who in the current hibs squad would we want to sign if we didn’t already have them.
Definatleys are:

Boyle
Porteous
McGregor (fit)
Hallberg
Allan
Kamberi

The rest I genuinely wouldn’t lose sleep over.
In other words could we do better. Yes

Dury is out on Hallberg for me. I still dont know what he is good at. Needs to do more.

BS44
20-12-2019, 11:31 PM
He was far from our problem tonight. Only one doing anything. Bizarre to sub him.

He was awful tonight, he was awful on Sunday too.

He deservedly got subbed at half time, the rest of his team mates deserved to get subbed at half time also

tonyrougier123
20-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Slivka should be starting over mallan without a doubt.

jacomo
20-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Dury is out on Hallberg for me. I still dont know what he is good at. Needs to do more.

He’s way better than Vela but he’s not a natural defender. We are still living with the consequences of a very unbalanced summer recruitment.

Shrekko
21-12-2019, 12:02 AM

Even more bizarre for you to say what you what have. Serious blind spot you have for him.

I didn’t say he was ‘the problem’, just that some folk (like you clearly) seem to believe that the occasional great performance makes him too good for Hibs.

If he could do it most of the time he would be but he doesn’t.

Vault Boy
21-12-2019, 12:10 AM
Slivka has to start ahead of Mallan IMO. Hoping for a few changes against Hearts. Slivka, McGregor and Bogdan in at least.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Slivka should have started ahead of Mallan tonight, just like he should have started ahead of Mallan last Sunday. Mallan is a player who contributes next to nothing except misplaced passes and wild free kicks. Zero effort from him tonight again, get rid of him. That place should be Slivkas to lose now.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 12:16 AM
Even more bizarre for you to say what you what have. Serious blind spot you have for him.

I didn’t say he was ‘the problem’, just that some folk (like you clearly) seem to believe that the occasional great performance makes him too good for Hibs.

He's at it.

hibee_girl
21-12-2019, 12:48 AM
Slivka should have started ahead of Mallan tonight, just like he should have started ahead of Mallan last Sunday. Mallan is a player who contributes next to nothing except misplaced passes and wild free kicks. Zero effort from him tonight again, get rid of him. That place should be Slivkas to lose now.

Completely agree :agree:

Mallan brings nothing to the team right now.

Before the sending off you could see we looked more settled with Slivka and Horgan on

Captain Trips
21-12-2019, 12:53 AM

People are asking as he is better option, hopefully JR can find an even better option than both.

kaimendhibs
21-12-2019, 03:58 AM
After that performace a tbread moaning about Slivka is the last thing I want to read.
And so therefore I didnt

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dmas
21-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Mallan - One trick pony albeit a good trick occasionally
Stevenson - Done:not worth
Hanlon - on the verge of above
Allan - Over rated but found his level with us - tin hat but true
Slyvka- Nice player 40% of the time
Gray - squad player
Mc Gregory - squad player
Marciano - bad distribution cancels out his great stops
Horgan - Mixer tap
Naismith - Lump
Hallberg - OK
Boyle - Speed keeps him worthwhile
Doidge - impact player
Portious - Talented hothead
Ross- I don't get the pathetic midfield set up and two up top against the current buns.

Summary we were pathetic and one of the worst performances I have seen for many years

😂

Pathetic midfield set up is because of summer recruitment, 2 up top we’ve been screaming for since the 3rd game of the season, attacking the old firm instead of playing for draws has been another shout now ross is being hounded for 2 up front at home, can’t make it up

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2019, 06:43 AM

Couldnt agree more...mallan is a pretty pathetic player when he ain't scoring free kicks and even they seem like a distant memory these days. He strolls around like hes Pele and offers nothing, he doesnt tackle, he doesnt track runners and he points and blames everyone else. I've no time for him at all...

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Why does me posting it make it bizarre? It's true, doesn't matter who posts it.

Tyler Durden
21-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Kamberi was shocking last night. Every bit as bad as Mallan and Allan.

Slivka needs to start ahead of Mallan at Tynie. Kamberi can have no complaints if Horgan came in ahead of him

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Kamberi was shocking last night. Every bit as bad as Mallan and Allan.

Slivka needs to start ahead of Mallan at Tynie. Kamberi can have no complaints if Horgan came in ahead of him

He wasn't. Some nice touches, trying things, some bad touches as well. Definitely not the issue.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 07:56 AM
😂

Pathetic midfield set up is because of summer recruitment, 2 up top we’ve been screaming for since the 3rd game of the season, attacking the old firm instead of playing for draws has been another shout now ross is being hounded for 2 up front at home, can’t make it up

The fact we were far better, and attacked far more than the rest of the game for that 10 minute spell in the second half before they scored the 3rd shows that we got it wrong from the start. They basically play 2-5-3 in possession with their two wing backs wide and their two wingers up front, you can’t play a narrow 4 and leave 2 up front against that or they’ll pass it around you, it’s not rocket science. You need to play wingers to give their full backs something to think about going the other way, as opposed to just bombing forward time after time.

hibee_girl
21-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Couldnt agree more...mallan is a pretty pathetic player when he ain't scoring free kicks and even they seem like a distant memory these days. He strolls around like hes Pele and offers nothing, he doesnt tackle, he doesnt track runners and he points and blames everyone else. I've no time for him at all...

That’s exactly how I see Mallan too.

A total waste of a jersey.

we are hibs
21-12-2019, 09:31 AM
I dont think hes the answer long term but he would start 10/10 times for me over mallan. I wouldnt play mallan again. Hes really starting to get on my tits. We need more than a defensive midfielder in january. We need at least one defensive midfielder and another midfielder. Try get shot of vela and mallan (unlikely).

500miles
21-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Allan and Mallan were both in midfield when we beat Aberdeen so convincingly. We were never going to have enough of the ball last night for them to have an impact though. Slivka should have started.