PDA

View Full Version : Hun banners

DaveF
20-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Are we just allowing the away fans to hang banners over our partners who I presume pay good money to have their name and logo on display?

Scoreboard totally blocked out and almost all advertising covered.

We are all hibs though eh. Or some ***** like that....

SteveHFC
20-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Our board will do **** all about it mate.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 07:59 PM
It's amazing how our board and the police have different rules depending upon what team it is you support.

Try doing that in the home end and see what the response is from both.

smack
20-12-2019, 08:03 PM
On the bright side at least we can’t see the score

DaveF
20-12-2019, 08:12 PM
On the bright side at least we can’t see the score

That's true.

But if I w s dumbreck or IQ I'd be telling hibs to bolt come renewal time.

GreenCastle
20-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Said it on another post.

Soft from Hibs on and off the pitch. We should take the hit and give them as little away support as possible.

Obvious overcrowding too as fans come down from top tier or have got in past the scanners / used mates tickets to get in by passing them back.

Oscar T Grouch
20-12-2019, 08:17 PM
If I had paid money to have my companies advert showing in a high profile game like this I’d be asking for a full refund and compo for the club doing SFA about it for the whole match.

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 08:19 PM
I seem to recall Newcastle fans getting their banners removed. Funny how nothing happens when this lot are in town.

20-12-2019, 08:28 PM
If I ever come into serious money I’m going to hire a security firm to properly police these cretins. 7000 stewards with instructions to eject anyone singing sectarian songs.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 08:29 PM
The Rangers end clearly has overcrowding issues too, and once again it looks like hundreds of them have forced entry.

Hibs and Police will turn a blind eye to it once again though.

we are hibs
20-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Hibs dont give a ****. Too busy lecturing our own fans before games.

20-12-2019, 08:30 PM
The boy with the “Scotland is Britain. No surrender” flag is an utter cretin. He sits above the away fans at Ibrox with it out pointing to himself then the flag and mouthing “my country” to the hibs support. Total fud.

hibee_girl
20-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Said it on another post.

Soft from Hibs on and off the pitch. We should take the hit and give them as little away support as possible.

Obvious overcrowding too as fans come down from top tier or have got in past the scanners / used mates tickets to get in by passing them back.

Was the same last time they were here too, seemed to be loads more fans in top section than seats

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Hibs dont give a ****. Too busy lecturing our own fans before games.

Judging by the number of coins, lighters, cups and even a glass bottle thrown from the East, the ‘lecturing’ isn’t working. Behave like idiots, don’t be surprised to be spoken to like idiots.

oconnors_strip
20-12-2019, 08:49 PM
My dad spoke to security in the east about the scoreboard but they just said they couldn’t do anything about it and wouldn’t raise it with anyone higher. If that was us at Ibrox it would be torn down

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Subject to different rules to both Celtic and Rangers fans in our own stadium.

**** feared of both, on and off the pitch, yet again.

Joe6-2
20-12-2019, 08:55 PM
No other club would get away with the crap the poison from the west get away with

DaveF
20-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Subject to different rules from both Celtic and Rangers fans in our own stadium.

Yep, that about sums it up.

Keiran - Can you bring this up at the next board meeting please? It would be good to have an official response on this sort of thing.

Hibeesforever
20-12-2019, 08:58 PM
I spoke with security in the Famous Five and was told it was a police decision to leave them up...shocking double standards...we need to stop selling their full allocation. They were an extra man for them!

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Seriously???

Hibeesforever
20-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Subject to different rules to both Celtic and Rangers fans in our own stadium.

That sums it up really, it is the negative image it gives out, that Hibs are too scared to do anything about it!

Cabbie1875
20-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Dunno if anyone seen it just b4 KO, one wee steward removed the one over Dumbreck board, was immediately cornered by about 5 huns and took the flag off the steward and threw it back up to the upper tier.

All the other stewards stood and watched along wae the police.

Mutants

Joe6-2
20-12-2019, 09:02 PM
No other club would get away with the crap the poison from the west get away with

Chuck Rhoades
20-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Are we just allowing the away fans to hang banners over our partners who I presume pay good money to have their name and logo on display?

Scoreboard totally blocked out and almost all advertising covered.

We are all hibs though eh. Or some ***** like that....

Spot on. Yet Hibs, and Alan Marshall in particular, ensures good Hibs fans get arrested, charged and banned for such behaviour.

Club is going backwards. Must be a dozen of great folk that have left working for the club in the past two years. From Heads of to ticket office staff.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Who do people suggest ask the huns to remove the banners?

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 09:40 PM

The Stewards and police id like to think, you know the reason we pay them.

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Leanne Dempster should have told the police and head of security that the club wanted the banners over the score board removed. I would assume that if an emergency situation had occurred within the ground the scoreboard would be used along with the tannoy to relay information and instructions to the fans. If the reason for not doing it was not to cause an "incident" then we might as well pack it in.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:42 PM

You expect a steward on ***** pay to wade into the huns section and remove banners from them with no reaction from that ****?

CMurdoch
20-12-2019, 09:43 PM
If I ever come into serious money I’m going to hire a security firm to properly police these cretins. 7000 stewards with instructions to eject anyone singing sectarian songs.

How likely is this?

Chorley Hibee
Spot on. Yet Hibs, and Alan Marshall in particular, ensures good Hibs fans get arrested, charged and banned for such behaviour.

Club is going backwards. Must be a dozen of great folk that have left working for the club in the past two years. From Heads of to ticket office staff.

Alan Marshall is another one of her pals that she has brought into the club. Seems to be a collection of her friends running elements of the club right now.

hibbysam
You expect a steward on ***** pay to wade into the huns section and remove banners from them with no reaction from that ****?

Funnily enough, yes. That’s what they are there for, what they earn is neither here nor there, they are paid to do a job.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:44 PM
How likely is this?

Celtic and huns do it.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Funnily enough, yes. That’s what they are there for, what they earn is neither here nor there, they are paid to do a job.

No, they are paid to ensure supporter safety. They aren’t paid to go into 3500 bevvied up maniacs and take down flags.

neil7908
20-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Genuine question but do we pay for the police at these games? If so we should demand a refund. They do absolutely nothing and have no interest in tackling illegal fan behaviour.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 09:47 PM
No, they are paid to ensure supporter safety. They aren’t paid to go into 3500 bevvied up maniacs and take down flags.

And keep order. Let’s let them do as they please though as there are quite a few of them and we don’t want to cause any offence or unrest in the away end, let’s not ruffle any feathers. Just like if there is trouble, the stewards go in, the police follow, id expect this exact protocol to be followed in all instances of rule breaks in the stadium.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Genuine question but do we pay for the police at these games? If so we should demand a refund. They do absolutely nothing and have no interest in tackling illegal fan behaviour.

Yes we do, a substantial amount. You’ll get the usual ‘it’s easier to deal with incidents retrospectively using CCTV’ answer though.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:49 PM
And keep order. Let’s let them do as they please though as there are quite a few of them and we don’t want to cause any offence or unrest in the away end, let’s not ruffle any feathers. Just like if there is trouble, the stewards go in, the police follow, id expect this exact protocol to be followed in all instances of rule breaks in the stadium.

We better start paying a lot of money for Gerard Butler type stewards then because nobody is going to put their own safety in danger for peanuts.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 09:49 PM

So if they're bevvied up maniacs they shouldn't be in the stadium. Start making examples of as many as possible and show that this behaviour isn't acceptable and that it will be dealt with.

Our club's silence, and the police unwillingness to act, gives tacit approval to both Rangers and Celtic fans behaviour when visiting Easter Road.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 09:50 PM

They do though, it just depends upon who it is you support.

The Modfather
20-12-2019, 09:50 PM

As Frazerbob pointed out, the same people that apparently removed flags from the Newcastle fans.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 09:52 PM
We better start paying a lot of money for Gerard Butler type stewards then because nobody is going to put their own safety in danger for peanuts.

Let’s do away with stewards then. If anything kicks off they aren’t going to keep anyone safe as it’s ‘above their pay grade’. I’m sure it’s a pretty penny hibs pay for their services though, if their company pay them peanuts that’s their problem not ours, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do their job though.

Gloucester Hibs
20-12-2019, 09:53 PM

They could stop them putting them up in the first instance? Less of a flashpoint I’d have thought. Otherwise why bother with stewards or polis in the away end at all?

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 09:59 PM
The boy with the “Scotland is Britain. No surrender” flag is an utter cretin. He sits above the away fans at Ibrox with it out pointing to himself then the flag and mouthing “my country” to the hibs support. Total fud.

That's the ICF pr1ck.

I was under the impression political banners weren't allowed at games but doesn't seem to apply to them.

GreenCastle
20-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Listening to some of the police before the game I think some had west coast accents? Maybe it was just by chance but Police drafted across?

Seemed a large police presence around the ground before.

It seems these topics come up after every old firm game.

Even Hearts had issues with Celtic fans the other night.

Hibs and Hearts fans aren’t angels but it’s our home and the fact is the club is being taken for a ride with behaviour of away fans too often. Flags / banners / smoke bombs / over crowding / fans jumping wall.

Kieran / the Board should be getting grilled about this. We need to be doing more to limit the nonsense we see and if away fans can’t behave limit their allocation.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:00 PM
As Frazerbob pointed out, the same people that apparently removed flags from the Newcastle fans.

A friendly match is completely different from a category a match.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Don’t get paid enough to take banners away though or do they get paid less for category A games? Poor souls.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Let’s do away with stewards then. If anything kicks off they aren’t going to keep anyone safe as it’s ‘above their pay grade’. I’m sure it’s a pretty penny hibs pay for their services though, if their company pay them peanuts that’s their problem not ours, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do their job though.

Nothing kicked off though and if it did it would be police responsible for stopping it.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Don’t get paid enough to take banners away though.

They do if there’s not a volatile bunch of drunk ********s who hate our club in the stand.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Nothing kicked off though and if it did it would be police responsible for stopping it.

So you’ve answered yourself. If the stewards go in and it kicks off, the police deal with the offenders and stop it!!

Frazerbob

So it’s one rule for one, another rule for others. Glad we cleared that up.

The 90+2
They could stop them putting them up in the first instance? Less of a flashpoint I’d have thought. Otherwise why bother with stewards or polis in the away end at all?

They shouldn’t be allowed in with the banners I agree. I’ve been told they are under instructions that they aren’t allowed to go into the away support in cat a games though.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:03 PM

Yep, it definitely is. That’s why different games have different categories attached.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:04 PM
So you’ve answered yourself. If the stewards go in and it kicks off, the police deal with the offenders and stop it!!

No, the stewards shouldn’t be the ones to deal with it at all.

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 10:06 PM

It's obvious now that Easter Road clearly does employ different rules for different supporters.

Not condoning the actions of the morons within the Hibs support, but it might help if Hibs supporters saw the same rules towards unacceptable behaviour being enforced across the stadium - not just specific stands.

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 10:07 PM
They shouldn’t be allowed in with the banners I agree. I’ve been told they are under instructions that they aren’t allowed to go into the away support in cat a games though.

If that's true, it's utterly crazy.

The police also let the Huns park their buses on the bus stops on London Road, then threatened to arrest a guy that complained about it.

What is the point of these people?

Chorley Hibee
20-12-2019, 10:09 PM

So why do they enter the home stands for category A games to deal with incidents?

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Yep, it definitely is. That’s why different games have different categories attached.

I get the point about about different categories but the rules should surely be the same for every game. Wether it’s standing, banners, offensive chants.......

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 10:14 PM
Usual story with these two clubs. They both rock up at Easter Road and behave how they want with no repercussions and absolutely nothing is said about it by anyone in authority at Hibs which really does my tits in.

If Hibs fans even sneeze the wrong way at Ibrox or Parkhead, they're in the back of a police van. Again nothing public is said by Hibs in defence of our fans after these games.

The club are very quick to lecture our fans on how to behave which is all well and good but when it comes to Rangers and Celtic fans causing bother against us and Hibs fans reporting being mistreated it's totally ignored at least on a public level.

HibeeHibernian4
20-12-2019, 10:48 PM

And if I ever come into serious money I'll be donating some of it to you to carry this out! :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2019, 10:58 PM
C'mon, we all know that the police are afraid of both Celtic and Rangers support and that's the end to it. Its one thing to pile into a few teenage neds at Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell ... but to try and enforce stadium rules or stop vandalism or sectarian behaviour with the uglies would involve accepting that physical danger might be involved.

i'm not blaming the police as such, coz I wouldn't do it, but I have to say perhaps its time we reviewed what policing costs the club, coz I would be happy to sit after a game looking at CCTV and call it preventing crime for much less than they get paid to do absolutely nothing when the incidents are actually happening.

That banner over the scoreboard being a prime example ... if that had been at the Hibs end I absolutely guarantee the police would have had it taken down quick smart. One rule for them and one for everybody else simply because the police are afraid of them.

Crab apple
20-12-2019, 11:01 PM
That's the ICF pr1ck.

I was under the impression political banners weren't allowed at games but doesn't seem to apply to them.

He’s a ****ing roaster.

itslegaltender
20-12-2019, 11:08 PM
G4S bus in plenty from the Weege for this game. Most of them working the away stand with their pals in the seats.

Crab apple
20-12-2019, 11:12 PM
G4S bus in plenty from the Weege for this game. Most of them working the away stand with their pals in the seats.

Same happens at Tincastle.

HibeeHibernian4
20-12-2019, 11:12 PM

Weird how stewards and police behave like jumped up pricks repeatedly when it comes to us or any of the non-OF away supports. Especially the ones up at Dundee.

As soon as it's Rangers or Celtic, they run for the hills.

What message does that send exactly? Behave badly enough and we won't come after you?

Terrible.

Nicho87
20-12-2019, 11:14 PM
We should give them the minimum amount of seats.

Give the seats to young hibs fans, boost our chances to win, reduce sectarian singing.

Franck Stanton
20-12-2019, 11:17 PM
Just refuse to give them any tickets at all.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2019, 11:17 PM
We should give them the minimum amount of seats.

Give the seats to young hibs fans, boost our chances to win, reduce sectarian singing.

I really wish we could give them the bare minimum allocation and afford to take the hit financially.

Stantons Angel
20-12-2019, 11:29 PM
My dad spoke to security in the east about the scoreboard but they just said they couldn’t do anything about it and wouldn’t raise it with anyone higher. If that was us at Ibrox it would be torn down

I t was also a health and safety risk too. Hanging over a lit cabinet that would be hot from the scoreboard lights might have set the thing on fire!

Pathetic attitude to take, they are becoming more and more like the Glasgow police now.!!

EI255
20-12-2019, 11:42 PM
Tissues of sperm.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk