PDA

View Full Version : We are rank rotten

dastardly8
20-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Back four is hopeless, get McGregor on , midfield so miscounted and up front toothless , Jack Ross needs to buy and empty some of that lot

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Back four is hopeless, get McGregor on , midfield so miscounted and up front toothless , Jack Ross needs to buy and empty some of that lot

Jack Ross needs to sort his tactics out in these games. Hecky got dogs abuse for one up top, but you cannot play 2 strikers, 3 attacking midfield players and a narrow midfield 4 against rangers and Celtic. Simple.

Lancs Harp
20-12-2019, 08:40 PM

Might help if he got his formation and tactics right. He's done well so far but you take the rough with the smooth, ts only half time but so far Jacks got it badly wrong. The main reason for being totally dominated in that first half.

Hopefully we'll make changes and who knows if we grab the first goal in the second half

madhatter
20-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Our midfield is horrific. So passive. We unfortunately need a clear out. Absolute shambles. Don’t let the current run cover the cracks, we are the same as when we had Heckingbottom. Recruitment has been nothing short of abysmal. Players signed based on profile or to save money and not to form a team. No balance whatsoever.

Weegreenman
20-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Our midfield is horrific. So passive. We unfortunately need a clear out. Absolute shambles. Don’t let the current run cover the cracks, we are the same as when we had Heckingbottom. Recruitment has been nothing short of abysmal. Players signed based on profile or to save money and not to form a team. No balance whatsoever.

This 👍

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 09:19 PM
We're not rank rotten, just not good enough.

RIP
20-12-2019, 09:20 PM

And numpty fans still blamed the previous head coach for the signings. Pat Fenlon was the last manager entrusted with signing players

Onion
20-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Jack Ross needs to sort his tactics out in these games. Hecky got dogs abuse for one up top, but you cannot play 2 strikers, 3 attacking midfield players and a narrow midfield 4 against rangers and Celtic. Simple.

100% correct. Utter madness by Jack Ross.As soon as the first comic goal went in, the game was done. We HAD to put the Huns under some pressure but that gift of a goal relieved the whole Hun team and allowed them to do what they wanted how they wanted and it became a training match for them.

You cannot play Mallan and Allan in a game where the opposition is likely to dominate the ball. It's like playing with 9 men when they have it. neither can pretend to tackle and tonight we were rightly punished by a good Hun team. At times, the whole Hibs team where chasing shadows and were clueless what to do about it.

SRHibs
20-12-2019, 09:37 PM
We are exactly the same as when Hecky was here, except Doidge is getting the rub of the green now.

franck sauzee
20-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Spot on! Got it wrong against Celtic and didn't learn for tonight

Jim44
20-12-2019, 09:45 PM
We're not rank rotten, just not good enough.

Exactly. We are light years behind the ugly sisters and those who are pulling their hair out tonight should calm down and put things in perspective. We are in a good position for top six or better and a win against the Jambos will set us up for a good second half of the season. Remember, we were heading for a relegation struggle a couple of months ago.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2019, 10:26 PM
100% correct. Utter madness by Jack Ross.As soon as the first comic goal went in, the game was done. We HAD to put the Huns under some pressure but that gift of a goal relieved the whole Hun team and allowed them to do what they wanted how they wanted and it became a training match for them.

You cannot play Mallan and Allan in a game where the opposition is likely to dominate the ball. It's like playing with 9 men when they have it. neither can pretend to tackle and tonight we were rightly punished by a good Hun team. At times, the whole Hibs team where chasing shadows and were clueless what to do about it.

have to agree and when Porto got sent off it was like we had eight on the pitch with only one or two showing up as Hibs players on the night.

PPZPOL
20-12-2019, 10:46 PM
When we had 11 men Kamara took the ball off the keeper and ran unopposed 5-10 yards into our half. Pretty much unacceptable. That was the story of the game, Rangers 3 CMs with time and space a plenty and Kent causing all sorts of bother dropping into areas where nobody knew whether to go or not. Decent player tbf but made life easy for them.

In short, our midfield was boggin’

neil7908
20-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Spot on! Got it wrong against Celtic and didn't learn for tonight

That's one of my biggest frustrations with Hecky - inability to change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. Hecky kept playing the same failing players in the same formation. I worry Ross is now doing the same thing.

We were excellent in the second half against Aberdeen but rode our luck before that and have been really poor in the last two games. Ross can't fix the poor signings but he can learn and adjust.

We absolutely can't play that team in that formation at Tynecastle.

sean04
20-12-2019, 11:02 PM
That's one of my biggest frustrations with Hecky - inability to change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. Hecky kept playing the same failing players in the same formation. I worry Ross is now doing the same thing.

We were excellent in the second half against Aberdeen but rode our luck before that and have been really poor in the last two games. Ross can't fix the poor signings but he can learn and adjust.

We absolutely can't play that team in that formation at Tynecastle.

We’ve got absolutely nothing in the squad to play any differently. Can’t go back to doidge up front himself

RossScott1991
20-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Tonight is the perfect example why 4.4.2 is not always the answer. As much as I love seeing a strike partnership, it will beat most teams at ER. However the old firm will always murder us playing that way. Was predictable they were going to murder us down the sides, we don’t have the athleticism either to get across and shift in the diamond.

Tonight due to the midfield being dragged about the shop we had no base or platform to build attacks. 4.2.3.1 against the better sides should be the way. With option of 2nd striker to go on if needed. But against superior sides we need to set up in a way we can remain in the match

Unseen work
20-12-2019, 11:08 PM
We’ve got absolutely nothing in the squad to play any differently. Can’t go back to doidge up front himself

I said similar in another thread. He’s playing attack is the best form of defence as we don’t have the players to sit in or try dominate them physically

heretoday
20-12-2019, 11:15 PM
There's nothing more emphatic than a 3-0 defeat at home. No comeback from that.

neil7908
20-12-2019, 11:21 PM

There's options though. 3-5-2 is the obvious one to me. If we playing that team and formation against Hearts we'll struggle.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 11:34 PM
There's options though. 3-5-2 is the obvious one to me. If we playing that team and formation against Hearts we'll struggle.

I agree with the team, but the formation would work at tynecastle purely because of how tight it is and how poor hearts are down the sides. They won’t punish us like rangers did tonight and us having two up would cause Berra all sorts of bother.

We need slivka to play in the middle though, he’s competitive and composed mostly. I wouldn’t be averse to playing Boyle and Horgan either side of Hallberg and Slivka with the two boys up top, or drop one of them and play Allan.

Captain Trips
21-12-2019, 01:50 AM
Everyone needs a right good look at themselves, these defenders cannot be happy with the defending they are producing its awful at times, zero protection in midfield. I think a few longer serving players are looking very dodgy at the moment in fact for quite a while.

Hibeesmad
21-12-2019, 03:22 AM
Jack Ross needs to sign players to improve the squad.

bigwheel
21-12-2019, 04:44 AM
Jack Ross needs to sign players to improve the squad.

Jack Ross also needs to get better performances and formations from his squad....

He did not have a good night either ....

Old firm are now coming to ER and treating us like a training game ...

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 08:17 AM
Jack Ross also needs to get better performances and formations from his squad....

In a nutshell. Regardless of losing a goal early on due to a mistake, our formation was gonna be exposed all night regardless and rangers are far too good a side to give that much space and time to.

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 08:38 AM

Well Celtic aren't, they haven't won a league game at ER in 5 years.

bigwheel
21-12-2019, 08:46 AM
Well Celtic aren't, they haven't won a league game at ER in 5 years.

You are right....they beat us everywhere else....

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 08:52 AM
You are right....they beat us everywhere else....

They beat everyone everywhere else, always have. For 100 years

B.H.F.C
21-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Still suffering for the shambles of a transfer window that Heckingbottom had. The defence needed sorted in the summer and it still needs sorted now. We needed someone in the middle of the park who could play that deeper position properly, and we still need it now.

Not been particularly impressed by Ross in the last two games. Boyle playing 80 minutes as a left wing back at Parkhead and standing watching that whole first half last night, without attempting to change anything, was poor management.

One Day
21-12-2019, 08:59 AM
We were tonight

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 09:08 AM
We were tonight

Yep. We certainly aren't always. Were we rank rotten when Kamberi put us 3-0 up Vs Aberdeen.

Next 2 games we'll see how we respond. 6 points and I'm delighted with his start.

J-C
21-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Not rank rotten but very good either, we are simply a bang average middle if the table team.

Not one team leader on the pitch last night, almost zero tackles in the midfield, Kamberi tried hard but Doidge was shocking and gave little help.

Tactics were wrong and exposed Stevenson against left back, made a difference when Horgan came on as Tavernier had to think about defending for the 1st time in the game. No creativity from Allan who was very poor last night and got bullied by Jack all game.

We have poor movement and Rangers did as they pleased all night, no one getting in their faces or closing them down, far too passive.

PISTOL1875
21-12-2019, 04:27 PM
We are not rank rotten , it is just we are carrying too many passengers..

Hanlon , Stevenson and Mallan all must be shipped out ASAP.. Hanlon and Stevenson will never improve and cannot do the basics right , even after playing for over 10 years.. Hanlon is simply not strong enough and gets bullied nearly every week. Stevenson runs about a lot but can't pass the ball forward and when it does it very rarely finds a hibs player. He cannot cross the ball and his general play is very poor...

Mallan I am afraid is a one trick pony. A player who has made a career out of having a hard shot.. Apart from that he is utter gash,. Can't run , can't tackle and if you take his shooting ability away he brings nothing to the side..

whiskyhibby
21-12-2019, 07:33 PM

look on the bright side, you could be a Hearts fan, then you would be really depressed 🤔, if it had been HOMOFC playing Rangers last night, I suspect it might have been double figures

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 07:33 PM

Hanlon , Stevenson and Mallan all must be shipped out ASAP.. Hanlon and Stevenson will never improve and cannot do the basics right , even after playing for over 10 years.. Hanlon is simply not strong enough and gets bullied nearly every week. Stevenson runs about a lot but can't pass the ball forward and when it does it very rarely finds a hibs player. He cannot cross the ball and his general play is very poor...

Mallan I am afraid is a one trick pony. A player who has made a career out of having a hard shot.. Apart from that he is utter gash,. Can't run , can't tackle and if you take his shooting ability away he brings nothing to the side..

Hanlon was our best player yesterday, and has been our best defender for months. He’s certainly not been the defender that’s been costing us goals and points this season.

lucky
21-12-2019, 08:23 PM

Mallan is not good enough regardless of how many goals he’s scores. Stevenson’s pass back was to Ricky’s wrong foot, Rocky should have done better, but Stevenson also lost his man for the second. Sadly after years of great service I think his time has come. Lewis Stevenson will go down in history as a Hibs legend but it’s time he went.
Hanlon is mistake prone but I’d still keep him but would play him as the holding midfielder. But even that’s a risk. Overall we are probably the 4th best team in Scotland but in the context of the worse premiership in years. The old firm are miles in front and the rest are bang average or poor.

jacomo
21-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Mallan is not good enough regardless of how many goals he’s scores. Stevenson’s pass back was to Ricky’s wrong foot, Rocky should have done better, but Stevenson also lost his man for the second. Sadly after years of great service I think his time has come. Lewis Stevenson will go down in history as a Hibs legend but it’s time he went.
Hanlon is mistake prone but I’d still keep him but would play him as the holding midfielder. But even that’s a risk. Overall we are probably the 4th best team in Scotland but in the context of the worse premiership in years. The old firm are miles in front and the rest are bang average or poor.

If you stop and think for a moment, this is obviously a ridiculous thing to say.

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 08:45 PM
If you stop and think for a moment, this is obviously a ridiculous thing to say.

He'd need to score 25 a season to be worth his all round game.

jacomo
21-12-2019, 08:50 PM
He'd need to score 25 a season to be worth his all round game.

That’s a matter of opinion, but thanks for proving my point.

Speedway
21-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Jack Ross needs to apologise personally and individually to all 17 home fans left in the ground at FT.

PISTOL1875
21-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Rocky should've done a lot better I agree however I thought Stevenson would have been better putting the ball into the crowd so we could reset... His time is up i agree.. Gotta be looking to improve in the window.....

Mallan is simply not good enough , a total passenger in games and it's no coincidence that when he wasn't being selected results picked up and our midfield looked a lot more solid..

Hanlon is far too weak at the back.. He as you said does have a mistake in him and putting him into midfield I feel would be a bad move..

The only way we will move forward is to move these guys on..

Jonnyboy
21-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Astonishing!!! Rocky's cock up was Stevenson's fault. You couldnae make it up :faf:

And ……. if you watch the second goal again you'll see Stevenson never 'lost his man' as he stayed with Aribo whilst Mallan let Jack run free on the right. Stevenson then had to go out to try and close Jack down.

So ….. two mistakes, neither the fault of Stevenson but he's an easy target.

I often defend the laddie but of late he's not been at his best so on those occasions I've criticised him. This time any criticism would be unfair

PISTOL1875
21-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Astonishing!!! Rocky's cock up was Stevenson's fault. You couldnae make it up :faf:

And ……. if you watch the second goal again you'll see Stevenson never 'lost his man' as he stayed with Aribo whilst Mallan let Jack run free on the right. Stevenson then had to go out to try and close Jack down.

So ….. two mistakes, neither the fault of Stevenson but he's an easy target.

I often defend the laddie but of late he's not been at his best so on those occasions I've criticised him. This time any criticism would be unfair

First of all I never blamed Stevenson for Rocky's clearance. I suggested that he might've been better putting the ball into the stand on the basis of where the play was at the time which was deep in our half and the hope that he and the rest of the side could fall back into shape.. I did not at any point in my post blame Stevenson for anything to do with Rocky's clearance.. Merely a simple suggestion

Secondly Stevenson's main focus was to stay with HIS man and not worry about anyone else's.. Subsequently Aribo was left to move into the box unmarked and scored.. IF Stevenson has stayed with his man like he should've done and not worry about other players then maybe the second goal might not have happened...

lucky
21-12-2019, 10:30 PM

No not at all, he scores the odd screamer but does very little else

SMAXXA
21-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Not read the comments but in reference to the thread we ‘were’ tank rotten doesn’t mean to say we are. We have been decent to good recently we lost against the old firm which folk need to get to grips with it’s changed days now the Huns are stronger. Does that excuse the inept performance no we were ***** but it happens and is rather it happens this week before the derby than any other game

Onceinawhile
21-12-2019, 11:18 PM
First of all I never blamed Stevenson for Rocky's clearance. I suggested that he might've been better putting the ball into the stand on the basis of where the play was at the time which was deep in our half and the hope that he and the rest of the side could fall back into shape.. I did not at any point in my post blame Stevenson for anything to do with Rocky's clearance.. Merely a simple suggestion

Secondly Stevenson's main focus was to stay with HIS man and not worry about anyone else's.. Subsequently Aribo was left to move into the box unmarked and scored.. IF Stevenson has stayed with his man like he should've done and not worry about other players then maybe the second goal might not have happened...

Mallan didn't track back for the 2nd goal that was the issue.

First goal was 1% down to the ref allowing taverner to steal 10 yards and 99% down to ofir.

Lewis kept the ball when his keeper had plenty time to take it. Rocky took forever.

StevesFamau5
21-12-2019, 11:21 PM

First goal was 1% down to the ref allowing taverner to steal 10 yards and 99% down to ofir.

Lewis kept the ball when his keeper had plenty time to take it. Rocky took forever.Mallans attempt to track back was ****ing dreadful... Huffing and puffing after 5 yards. I don't want my midfielders to be that pathetic after 10 minutes.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 11:24 PM

Lewis kept the ball when his keeper had plenty time to take it. Rocky took forever.

Again, Rocky should 100% done better, but I’ll reiterate that you should never be playing a back pass to a keepers weak foot, when the attacker is 15 yards away and running towards him (1 or 2 seconds away), Rocky has to realise it needs to go first time, but Lewis also should be popping it out for a throw in.

Lewis could also have stuck out his leg for the second goal to stop the ball to Aribo.

Is It On....
21-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Boxing Day game against the bottom club in the league shouks see us get 3 points..