PDA

View Full Version : One for the compliance officer perhaps?

Springbank
20-12-2019, 11:38 AM
I see the Hearts midfielder Damour is in the paper today, bringing the game into disrepute by questioning the integrity of the referee at Tynecastle on Wednesday... one for the compliance officer to have a look at...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-loic-damour-opens-fan-criticism-towards-him-not-meeting-standards-and-referee-scott-brown-1345523

Quote Damour "feels Celtic captain Scott Brown gets away with too much on the field.“I was very happy to get the 90 minutes against Celtic because that was my first 90 minutes since January,” said Damour. “I was f***** at the end but I continued to work for the team. I enjoyed the battle, especially with Brown, I think his name is. Apparently he is like the king of the league because he can do whatever he wants on the pitch and the referee never says anything. He is the referee on the pitch and that is seemingly normal here. I was very frustrated about that so I wanted to let him know we have a referee on the pitch and he (Brown) is not the referee.

“He plays his game but he also plays like the referee so it is like we have no referee on the pitch. I’m starting to know this league now and I can see that when we play Celtic, ok, Brown is the referee. It’s easy for them just now"

Hibbyradge
20-12-2019, 11:40 AM
I see the Hearts midfielder Damour is in the paper today, bringing the game into disrepute by questioning the integrity of the referee at Tynecastle on Wednesday... one for the compliance officer to have a look at...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-loic-damour-opens-fan-criticism-towards-him-not-meeting-standards-and-referee-scott-brown-1345523

Quote Damour "feels Celtic captain Scott Brown gets away with too much on the field.“I was very happy to get the 90 minutes against Celtic because that was my first 90 minutes since January,” said Damour. “I was f***** at the end but I continued to work for the team. I enjoyed the battle, especially with Brown, I think his name is. Apparently he is like the king of the league because he can do whatever he wants on the pitch and the referee never says anything. He is the referee on the pitch and that is seemingly normal here. I was very frustrated about that so I wanted to let him know we have a referee on the pitch and he (Brown) is not the referee.

“He plays his game but he also plays like the referee so it is like we have no referee on the pitch. I’m starting to know this league now and I can see that when we play Celtic, ok, Brown is the referee. It’s easy for them just now"

Churlish comments, but not actionable.

SaulGoodman
20-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Someone should remind him that Brown got booked early doors and was largely quiet for the rest of the game.

Franck Stanton
20-12-2019, 11:42 AM
To be fair, he does have a point

Billy Whizz
20-12-2019, 11:43 AM
I’m glad the compliance officer seems to be taking a back seat

lyonhibs
20-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Nobody can argue Brown struts about the gaff like he owns it and refs facilitate this.

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 12:04 PM
It's hard to argue with any of that, TBH

Vault Boy
20-12-2019, 12:06 PM

I think he does too. It was similar with Shinnie.

Peevemor
20-12-2019, 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9MTJokc4A

Jim44
20-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Nobody can argue Brown struts about the gaff like he owns it and refs facilitate this.

I think he does too. It was similar with Shinnie.

This reminds me of a wee while ago a Sportsound pundit was ranting on about Scott Brown and how he is out of order and oversteps the mark with referees .......... none other than shy and retiring Willie Miller. :faf::kettle:

CMurdoch
20-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Sounds like he is trying to ingratiate himself with the more gullible of their supporters.
It's common for players to do this.

Cameron1875
20-12-2019, 01:02 PM
He's right.

Deansy
20-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Reeks of Potter - guaranteed he's got some involvement with this clown's 'opinion', it's got the 'Petted-lip' DNA all over it !

HoboHarry
20-12-2019, 01:25 PM
SFA SPFL should implement FIFA 'three point protocol'for sectarian singing by the Glasgow 2.
Apparently that is what they intend to do. Right after they relocate their offices to Narnia.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Who is the guy? Never heard of him.

Keyser Sauzee
20-12-2019, 01:39 PM

Scott Brown, played centre mid for us a few years back ;)

weecounty hibby
20-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Is that the game where Brown got booked then Wighton made an identical challenge ten minutes later and didn't get booked? They are all knobs and in all the time I have been watching Hibs whenever the jambos get beat it's always someone else's fault. They are rank, Damour is rank, their pitch is a ploughed field, they could have lost by 4 or 5 but yeah, that nasty Scott Brown gets away with murder so it was all the refs fault.
He does get away with murder a lot, but is still the best midfield player in Scotland

Bostonhibby
20-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Who is the guy? Never heard of him.Was he the guy that used to hang about with the three musketeers? French guy, always had something to say.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
20-12-2019, 02:34 PM

:faf: ✅✅

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Been a lot better refs than Scott Brown in my time

Willie Miller Aberdeen

McShinnie Aberdeen

Barry Ferguson Rangers

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Another one of Potters scatter gun mercenaries that naebody has heard of their only remit is must beat the HIBS

AlbertK86
20-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Reeks of Potter - guaranteed he's got some involvement with this clown's 'opinion', it's got the 'Petted-lip' DNA all over it !

Spot on ... deflection tactic cos they’re schect !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
20-12-2019, 02:55 PM
He's right.
He wasn't in regards to that game. Brown was booked early for a challenge, that he has got away with countless times against us, and then never really made many if any fouls after that. He struts about because it intimidates his opponents and lets be honest he rules the midfield in most games he plays.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 04:07 PM

:greengrin forgot about him 😉

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2019, 04:08 PM
https://youtu.be/UyOOYn3A_6I

SquashedFrogg
20-12-2019, 04:14 PM

Damour also added, "Although to be fair, I'm a complete tool so what do I know".

where'stheslope
20-12-2019, 04:17 PM
Have a look at the highlights: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50846294
At around 1:40, if Brown was booked early, how did he get away with that one????
I still think he gets away with murder on a football pitch!!!!

Dolce7
20-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Scott Brown is someone I have no respect for with his behaviour on the pitch
and knows himself he will get away with anything with scottish referees would
never have lasted this amount of time in a proper competitive league

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Been a lot better refs than Scott Brown in my time

Willie Miller Aberdeen

McShinnie Aberdeen

Barry Ferguson Rangers

Richard Gough was an amazing Referee when he was at Rangers.

Never once booked himself for using opposition players as a vaulting horse

calumhibee1
20-12-2019, 05:07 PM

He was an incredible signing according to some on here... but in reality hes absolutely garbage.