PDA

View Full Version : Henderson living 'La Dolce Vita' in Verona awaiting Scotland call

Jamesie
20-12-2019, 05:07 AM
https://supersport.com/football/italy/news/191220_Henderson_living_La_Dolce_Vita_in_Verona_aw aiting_Scotland_call

Decent interview with Liam Henderson - although this bit was slightly surprising! :-)

“For his club career Napoli would be his dream team "but if (Rangers manager) Steven Gerrard came looking for me I wouldn't say no."

wallpaperman
20-12-2019, 05:35 AM
I had no idea of Liam’s background but I think I made the assumption he was ‘Celtic minded’ (yuck, hate that term), guess that was the natural assumption.

danhibees1875
20-12-2019, 05:57 AM
I had no idea of Liam’s background but I think I made the assumption he was ‘Celtic minded’ (yuck, hate that term), guess that was the natural assumption.

Me too. I think that footballers are often too busy playing at a younger age and don't build the same affinity to a team that the average message board user has though.

He is maybe just a big fan of the way Gerard played and idolises him as a result.

JimBHibees
20-12-2019, 06:35 AM
No way imo he would go to Rangers, family huge Celtic fans. Probably a joke either by Liam or journo.

bigwheel
20-12-2019, 06:38 AM
No way imo he would go to Rangers, family huge Celtic fans. Probably a joke either by Liam or journo.

May have been a bit of fun...but....It’s his job ..they are one of the two huge clubs in Scotland. Of course he would sign for them.....who your family supports is a negligible item when you are looking after your career ...

JimBHibees
20-12-2019, 06:47 AM
May have been a bit of fun...but....It’s his job ..they are one of the two huge clubs in Scotland. Of course he would sign for them.....who your family supports is a negligible item when you are looking after your career ...

Maybe :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2019, 06:52 AM

Griffiths is a Hibby but plays for Celtic
Allan is a Hun but plays for us and played for Celtic
Cummings is a Jambo

Footballers aren't fans like we are. Liam would be daft to go there but if offered of course he would.

FilipinoHibs
20-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Cummings is a Jambo

Footballers aren't fans like we are. Liam would be daft to go there but if offered of course he would.

I thought Cummings a hun.

Since90+2
20-12-2019, 07:08 AM
I thought Cummings a hun.

Hearts fan (or atleast he was).

OstKurve Hibs
20-12-2019, 07:11 AM
Cummings jumped in bed wi the huns after he played on loan for them, started comin out wi all the "I'm a rangers fan crap", embarrassing!

Peevemor
20-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Cummings jumped in bed wi the huns after he played on loan for them, started comin out wi all the "I'm a rangers fan crap", embarrassing!

Are you sure?

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2019, 07:22 AM
Also -

"If I stay here for 5-6 years maybe I can apply for Italian citizenship and play for Italy," he pointed out.

I think it's fair to assume Liam was just having a bit of fun.

Renfrew_Hibby
20-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Hendo was never a rangers fan, but I bet he was a huge Stevie G fan growing up.

Barman Stanton
20-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Hendo was never a rangers fan, but I bet he was a huge Stevie G fan growing up.

This. You cant underestimate the lure that Stevie Gerrard will have for a certain generation of players. Especially midfielders.

...WentToMowAnSPL
23-12-2019, 01:12 AM
This. You cant underestimate the lure that Stevie Gerrard will have for a certain generation of players. Especially midfielders.

I noticed his twitter account tweeted this - looks like a plea for an exit

Vault Boy
23-12-2019, 01:14 AM

Probably had more to do with the GE

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2019, 03:31 AM

Or he's coming home for Christmas :faf:

The Baldmans Comb
23-12-2019, 10:52 AM
How does he expect to play for Scotland, Italy or 'The Rangers' when he cant get a game for Verona.

The interview wont be all his fault as it has to be made interesting so people will read it and feel it is worthwhile but he is (or was) last time I checked well out of the running for a midfield berth and struggles even to get on as a subby.

hibsbollah
23-12-2019, 10:56 AM
How does he expect to play for Scotland, Italy or 'The Rangers' when he cant get a game for Verona.

The interview wont be all his fault as it has to be made interesting so people will read it and feel it is worthwhile but he is (or was) last time I checked well out of the running for a midfield berth and struggles even to get on as a subby.

To be fair I think he's been a victim of Grosso leaving, the manager who brought him from Bari and who obviously had a lot of faith in him. He'll have to impress the new guy in training now.

hibee-boys
23-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Important time in his career, needs to be playing more regular football. May mean dropping back down a league over there or coming back to the UK.

green with envy
17-01-2020, 11:33 AM
It seems like Liam Henderson has completed a loan move to Serie B side Empoli. Perhaps Seria A is just a step up to much for him?

hibsbollah
17-01-2020, 11:42 AM
He's got a legendary serie a striker as his new manager, Roberto Muzzi, who'll be familiar to football Italia viewers from a few years back. Be interesting to see if he develops under him.

Hibeesmad
17-01-2020, 12:04 PM
He's got a legendary serie a striker as his new manager, Roberto Muzzi, who'll be familiar to football Italia viewers from a few years back. Be interesting to see if he develops under him.

If he doesn't kick on at this club I think he will be back in the UK next. For his career I hope he manages to do well over there, for our sake I hope he's taking our corners next season.

Barman Stanton
17-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Its easy to forget Henderson is only 23. Getting much game time for a top 10 serie A side was probably a bit beyond him at this stage. Gets to sample another City in Italy though, can think of worse positions to be in.

Sammy7nil
17-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Cummings is a Jambo

Correct but I would not expect him to say it would be a dream move would you?

It is a bit like Steven Gerrard saying I would have loved to play for Man Utd or Everton

1van Sprou7e
17-01-2020, 12:36 PM

It is a bit like Steven Gerrard saying I would have loved to play for Man Utd or Everton

He didn't though

Jamesie
20-01-2020, 03:06 PM
Seeing on other threads that we were apparently close to bringing Henderson back prior to signing Omeonga. Anyone know if any truth in this?

Hibbyradge
20-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Seeing on other threads that we were apparently close to bringing Henderson back prior to signing Omeonga. Anyone know if any truth in this?

We tried, but it didn't work out.

CMurdoch
20-01-2020, 03:22 PM
https://supersport.com/football/italy/news/191220_Henderson_living_La_Dolce_Vita_in_Verona_aw aiting_Scotland_call

Decent interview with Liam Henderson - although this bit was slightly surprising! :-)

“For his club career Napoli would be his dream team "but if (Rangers manager) Steven Gerrard came looking for me I wouldn't say no."

Not good enough for Rangers hence he would be excited if he was to get a chance to go there.

Now at Empoli who play in front of average crowds of 6,000 which is the average crowd for a Serie B match.
He has a bit of intelligence about him so he is trying everything to find his best level.
I think he will try to get a free transfer to an English team at the end of the season perhaps to somewhere in the middle of the four divisions.
Then if that doesn't work he will try to come back to Hibs for season 2021/22.

neil7908
20-01-2020, 03:22 PM

He chose to stay in Italy unfortunately.

JimBHibees
20-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Not good enough for Rangers hence he would be excited if he was to get a chance to go there.

Now at Empoli who play in front of average crowds of 6,000 which is the average crowd for a Serie B match.
He has a bit of intelligence about him so he is trying everything to find his best level.
I think he will try to get a free transfer to an English team at the end of the season perhaps to somewhere in the middle of the four divisions.

Sounds like he is winding the interviewer up. :greengrin

But if not, he would consider trying to play for Italy.

"If I stay here for 5-6 years maybe I can apply for Italian citizenship and play for Italy," he pointed out.

"If Scotland don't want to take me then, why not?"

His first Serie A match against Bologna stands out but his "childhood dream" was achieved playing in the San Siro against Inter Milan.

For his club career Napoli would be his dream team "but if (Rangers manager) Steven Gerrard came looking for me I wouldn't say no.

vercol36
20-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Rangers... lots of gullible Garys on this thread

Jamesie
20-01-2020, 04:43 PM

I hadn't picked up on the Empoli move - I think it's a good one for him as he had barely kicked a ball since September and needs to be getting regular football at this stage of his career. Spending the spring and early summer in a beautiful part of Tuscany isn't really a hardship either. Wherever Liam ends up, good on him for being willing to look outside the box and try his hand in Italy - I'd sure as heck rather be plying my trade in Serie B than in the English Leagues 1 or 2!

FilipinoHibs
22-01-2020, 12:59 AM

Cummings a hun.

HendoDelivered
22-01-2020, 06:10 AM
Cummings a hun.

Cummings is/was a Hearts fan.

Jim44
22-01-2020, 02:00 PM
Rangers... lots of gullible Garys on this thread

I believe the word ‘gullible’ has recently been removed from the Oxford dictionary.

Saint Hibee
02-02-2020, 02:00 PM
Scored for Empoli yesterday.

Aritch
16-02-2020, 10:16 PM
2 assists and man of the match tonight for Hendo as Empoli came back to win 2-1 against Pisa. The win, their 3rd in a row, sees Empoli moving towards the promotion places in Serie B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4FxYL5KXHc

Saint Hibee
17-02-2020, 08:09 PM
2 assists and man of the match tonight for Hendo as Empoli came back to win 2-1 against Pisa. The win, their 3rd in a row, sees Empoli moving towards the promotion places in Serie B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4FxYL5KXHc
Liam always deliveeerrrrrsssss!!!!

erin go bragh
18-02-2020, 09:52 AM
Cummings a hun.
Nah ,his da is .

theonlywayisup
19-06-2020, 10:32 PM
Any news on how's he doing in Italy? Did he come home during the league break in Italy?

04Sauzee
19-06-2020, 10:33 PM
Any news on how's he doing in Italy? Did he come home during the league break in Italy?

Actually thought he was meant to be playing tonight?

Big_Franck
19-06-2020, 10:37 PM
Actually thought he was meant to be playing tonight?

He started tonight for Empoli. He was subbed off after 66 mins as Empoli lost 1-0 away from home.

hibby rae
19-06-2020, 11:58 PM
Just looked at Empoli's page on wikipedia and he's listed as a defender there. Odd.