PDA

View Full Version : Big ten days

wookie70
19-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Big ten days for us with 3 games and a chance to move up to 5th or find ourself in the position we were in when Heck was sacked - 8th.

You would hope games v The Rangers, Hearts and Livi would bring at least 4 points.

Killi have been poor lately and have Motherwell at home and St Mirren and The Rangers away. Similar quality of opposition to us but two away games so hopefully that will see us leapfrog them. The other side of the coin sees Livi and Ross County play each other and then Livi play Aberdeen and us away. Ross County have Motherwell at home and St Js away. If the Thes beat us tomorrow then there's a fair chance Ross C or Livi will be in the top six on Saturday evening.

The 4 points mentioned may be enough to get up to 5th but the league is very close and we have to pick up points against those around us. A win against Livi may be more impostant than a Derby win but I know what one will feel better.

It will be interesting to see what fans will think if we are 8th come the break. I'm going to be confident and say Killi will falter and we will get up to 5th but it will be very close after the break and a battle to stay in the top six. Need another good Christmas sales for the recruitment team.

B.H.F.C
19-12-2019, 02:17 PM
We need points if we want to have a chance of kicking on second half of the season, or we’ll leave ourselves too much to do.

The five dropped to Killie and Ross County from winning positions killed us a wee bit IMO.

6 points minimum requirement IMO.

Since452
19-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Anything less than 6 points I'd be disappointed

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 02:24 PM
I am hopeful that fans would be a little bit more patient and tolerant if we lose some games and drop down the table. There seems to be a general feeling that we have the right guy in Jack Ross. Just never really got that impression with Hecky.

Although I could be wrong and people go berserk again :agree:

lyonhibs
19-12-2019, 02:31 PM
I am hopeful that fans would be a little bit more patient and tolerant if we lose some games and drop down the table. There seems to be a general feeling that we have the right guy in Jack Ross. Just never really got that impression with Hecky.

Although I could be wrong and people go berserk again :agree:

How long have you been a Hibs fan out of interest? :greengrin

6 points for me, beat Rangers at home and I reserve the right to upwardly revise that estimate :aok:

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 02:36 PM
How long have you been a Hibs fan out of interest? :greengrin

6 points for me, beat Rangers at home and I reserve the right to upwardly revise that estimate :aok:

Oh pretty much 42 years since I was born :greengrin

Are you trying to say Hibs fans are not a tolerant bunch :faf: Aye, we would probably all go mental again in fairness.

eastcoasthibby
19-12-2019, 03:58 PM
We need to focus on ourselves getting the points and what happens to rest takes care of itself .. simple !!

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Seven out of nine, three of those at Tyniecastle

danhibees1875
19-12-2019, 06:30 PM
0-2 bad
3 - not good, would be lifted slightly if they were at Tynie though.
4 - reasonable
5 - good
6 - great
7 - excellent
8 - I'd eat a bath of beans while in my hat
9 - Fantastic

wookie70
19-12-2019, 06:33 PM
0-2 bad
4 - reasonable
5 - good
6 - great
7 - excellent
9 - Fantastic

You are safe with that

Sir David Gray
19-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Big ten days for us with 3 games and a chance to move up to 5th or find ourself in the position we were in when Heck was sacked - 8th.

You would hope games v The Rangers, Hearts and Livi would bring at least 4 points.

Killi have been poor lately and have Motherwell at home and St Mirren and The Rangers away. Similar quality of opposition to us but two away games so hopefully that will see us leapfrog them. The other side of the coin sees Livi and Ross County play each other and then Livi play Aberdeen and us away. Ross County have Motherwell at home and St Js away. If the Thes beat us tomorrow then there's a fair chance Ross C or Livi will be in the top six on Saturday evening.

The 4 points mentioned may be enough to get up to 5th but the league is very close and we have to pick up points against those around us. A win against Livi may be more impostant than a Derby win but I know what one will feel better.

It will be interesting to see what fans will think if we are 8th come the break. I'm going to be confident and say Killi will falter and we will get up to 5th but it will be very close after the break and a battle to stay in the top six. Need another good Christmas sales for the recruitment team.

Livingston are at home v us.

I'm hoping for 6 points but it really could be anything between 0-7 points - I can't see us winning all 3.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2019, 06:37 PM
0-2 bad
4 - reasonable
5 - good
6 - great
7 - excellent
9 - Fantastic

That's not fair, you know we can't get 8 points from 3 games! :greengrin

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Should be looking to beat Livingston and Hearts because they are inferior teams. So 6 points minimal.
Would settle for a point against a Morelosless Rangers at home but it is more important to get it right in the other 2 games.
All about the points and narrowing the gap to Motherwell..