PDA

View Full Version : (BBC) Is Scottish fitbaw too expensive?

IWasThere2016
19-12-2019, 12:43 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50813076

HibsTalk
19-12-2019, 12:44 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50813076Yes it is

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 12:57 PM
If anybody knows a way to reduce the prices without adversely affecting club budgets, I'm sure the clubs would love to hear from them.

Celtc and The Rangers could probably reduce the price a bit without much trouble* but the other clubs would be in deep doo-doo if they tried it.

* Though I can't see an incentive for them at the moment, as their stadiums are pretty much sold out most weeks.

Kojock
19-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Without a doubt. Four away games in December total cost of tickets for two adults and one child concession was £280 an average of £70 per match.

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 01:03 PM
If anybody knows a way to reduce the prices without adversely affecting club budgets, I'm sure the clubs would love to hear from them.

Celtc and The Rangers could probably reduce the price a bit without much trouble* but the other clubs would be in deep doo-doo if they tried it.

* Though I can't see an incentive for them at the moment, as their stadiums are pretty much sold out most weeks.

In a nutshell

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Yes it is

What an insight.
Genius!

Season ticket and walk up money is the lifeblood of all teams outside the top 2

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Yup, spot on. Its all very well reducing costs, but everyone would complain if it meant our wage budged reducing.

Hopefully one day we will have a TV deal which is more appropriate and at that stage clubs can look into reducing prices.

HibsTalk
19-12-2019, 01:12 PM
What an insight.
Genius!Only the best ;)

HH81
19-12-2019, 01:12 PM
I think there is a more expensive ticket than 38. Sure I have seen one at £45.00?

Dmas
19-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Without a doubt. Four away games in December total cost of tickets for two adults and one child concession was £280 an average of £70 per match.

It's the concession prices that get to me, Motherwell few months back charged £24 an adult and £3 for kids, when I got there the guy waved the £3 and told me to lift my kid over, had they charged the normal concession price I'd probably not have bothered going, instead I went, gave their youth collection £3 and they got £24 off me without a complaint....barring the result

Hamilton a few weeks later where wanting £16 a concession and £24 off me I'm only along the road so travel isn't much for that but by the time the pies and juice are bought your talking £50 for 2hours of your day.

if we could all sit down and agree say £25 is enough for an adult and make it far more affordable to be taking the kids don't think there would be half as many complaints....except the over priced guff they call food that argument is here till doomsday

Bostonhibby
19-12-2019, 01:31 PM

* Though I can't see an incentive for them at the moment, as their stadiums are pretty much sold out most weeks.[emoji106]

There you have the answer. I bite the bullet and pay it to my club as and when I can, it's a discretionary spend I'll alway find a way to pay and there's plenty do the same.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

PeeKay
19-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Don't you have to look at it relative to other forms of live entertainment? £36 for seats at the Kings pantomime? I know where I would rather be on Boxing Day.

McSwanky
19-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Don't you have to look at it relative to other forms of live entertainment? £36 for seats at the Kings pantomime? I know where I would rather be on Boxing Day.Pantomimes are, like football, seriously overpriced. Similar to football, they know that people are blindly loyal and will turn up no matter how much you charge (within reason). The number of people I've heard this year stating that the panto is a total rip off, but they 'have to go' because that's what you do at Christmas.

Don't see the draw myself, but it's definitely a thing.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
19-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Pantomimes are, like football, seriously overpriced. Similar to football, they know that people are blindly loyal and will turn up no matter how much you charge (within reason). The number of people I've heard this year stating that the panto is a total rip off, but they 'have to go' because that's what you do at Christmas.

Don't see the draw myself, but it's definitely a thing.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Who decides it’s overpriced though? Surely the punters, and if the punters keep paying then the clubs clearly won’t see any problem. Points been said multiple times above, clubs survive off gate money, to lower gate income would be either suicidal, or they would have to cut their cloth accordingly meaning a far worse product on the park, meaning the price should go down again to match the new standard, and the spiral continues.

I wonder if those who attend the rugby next weekend will complain that £35/£40 is too much...

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2019, 07:09 AM
£25 a ticket for Livi, not sure if they do what we do and categorise different teams

£23 a ticket for ER

due a rise next season i would think, no doubt it will be a nice round £figure raise, wonder why it's never just a 50p increase :greengrin the price of a Bovril will of course increase by it's statutory 10p per season increase :(

Speedy
20-12-2019, 07:12 AM
I wonder how many people complain Scottish football prices are too expensive yet pay £100+ per month for a sky subscription.

It would be nice if tickets were cheaper so they're more accessible but we need the money to compete at the level we're at.

Begbie79
20-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Its far to expensive. When you compare it to the costs of games in other top leagues its totally not worth it either.

Yorkshire HFC
20-12-2019, 07:50 AM
I don’t know the answer, but I do know that in the 80s, it was the same price to go to the cinema as it was to go to Easter Road. Things change, and I’m sure that nowadays players get paid a lot more than they used to, more money is needed for stadiums and training facilities, warm weather training camps etc. I still don’t understand what the deal is with Hibs shirt sponsorship - as much as I hate advertising gambling and alcohol, could Hibs really not find a company to sponsor them?

hibee
20-12-2019, 07:55 AM
I wonder how many people complain Scottish football prices are too expensive yet pay £100+ per month for a sky subscription.

It would be nice if tickets were cheaper so they're more accessible but we need the money to compete at the level we're at.

Not really a like for like comparison though, a Sky subscription gets you a month of phone, internet, movies, sport and hundreds of other channels 24hrs per day compared to the same money for a family to attend 1 football match and buy some food.