19-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Who signed off on that gear? :bevvied!:

oldbutdim
19-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Who signed off on that gear? :bevvied!:

Some teenager I suspect.

Brightside
19-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Not many teenagers I know would wear that.

Jones28
19-12-2019, 09:28 AM
£80 for a jaiket 😂

Dalianwanda
19-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Hoodie is ok..The rest, not for me

easty
19-12-2019, 09:32 AM
That polo shirt is so *****. I wouldn't wear any of it, but the polo shirt is the worst of the three.

.Sean.
19-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Not many teenagers I know would wear that.
I don’t think it’ll sell full stop. I don’t know anyone who wears Luke, it’s seen as pretty tacky

lyonhibs
19-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Those prices man :faf::faf:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2019, 09:37 AM
£55 for that polo shirt! Who signed that off?!

Vault Boy
19-12-2019, 09:46 AM
I don't mind the tee, but not for £40, not even close

Brightside
19-12-2019, 09:51 AM
I don’t think it’ll sell full stop. I don’t know anyone who wears Luke, it’s seen as pretty tacky

Just a weird link up. No one has worn Luke gear for years. But someone has had that idea and someone has signed off in it.

Since90+2
19-12-2019, 09:55 AM
The fact nobody wears a brand anymore would make me more inclined to buy it. **** wearing the same as everyone else.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Just a weird link up. No one has worn Luke gear for years. But someone has had that idea and someone has signed off in it.

It won't hurt Hibs if it doesn't sell so no biggie, but I imagine that once people see players wearing the clothes, they'll start moving.

Fwiw, I think the items are ok for the target audience, but I'd be waiting for the 50% off sale before buying anything.

Vault Boy
19-12-2019, 10:00 AM
It won't hurt Hibs if it doesn't sell so no biggie, but I imagine that once people see players wearing the clothes, they'll start moving.

Fwiw, I think the items are ok for the target audience, but I'd be waiting for the 50% off sale before buying anything.

Agree with this. The polo is the only thing I particularly dislike, it's the prices that are going to turn a lot of folk like me away. I'd probably pick up that hoodie if there's a decent discount.

Brightside
19-12-2019, 10:15 AM

I doubt you’ll see the players wearing any of that outside of the promo pics.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2019, 10:18 AM
I doubt you’ll see the players wearing any of that outside of the promo pics.

That's what I meant and it'll be enough, imo.

It's nowhere near as bad as people are making out and some of it will find its way under Christmas trees next week.

BlackSheep
19-12-2019, 10:20 AM
I wandered into the store in Livi Centre a couple weeks ago and actually quite liked a lot of their stuff.... ended up convincing the missus to buy me a hooded jacket for xmas....

...let's not all jump on the 'its cool to dislike things' bandwagon eh!

Smartie
19-12-2019, 10:26 AM
I think it looks ok, which is probably the problem.

Brightside
19-12-2019, 10:32 AM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
19-12-2019, 10:34 AM
That's what I meant and it'll be enough, imo.

It's nowhere near as bad as people are making out and some of it will find its way under Christmas trees next week.

The hoodie look alright IMO but £70 is steep.

SMAXXA
19-12-2019, 10:55 AM
I think the gear is decent it’s the price that’s the issue why do clubs think as soon as you stick a badge on something it justifies charging stupid prices. Am away to but a fruit of the loom T-shirt and sewing a Hibs badge on 😉

Scouse Hibee
19-12-2019, 11:00 AM
The fact nobody wears a brand anymore would make me more inclined to buy it. **** wearing the same as everyone else.

Spot on, my sentiments exactly.

Dmas
19-12-2019, 11:02 AM
I like it all jacket the least but still quite smart, price aye bit steep but I have a few Luke polo’s and T’s and the quality is really good

Hibbyradge
19-12-2019, 11:02 AM
I think the gear is decent it’s the price that’s the issue why do clubs think as soon as you stick a badge on something it justifies charging stupid prices. Am away to but a fruit of the loom T-shirt and sewing a Hibs badge on 😉

Isn't that the case with all designer stuff?

You're paying for the badge, not the improvement in quality.

marinello59
19-12-2019, 11:06 AM

Tell me about it. I ditched George at Asda for Primark. There was no difference in quality.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Tell me about it. I ditched George at Asda for Primark. There was no difference in quality.

That's a shocking way to treat your child.

marinello59
19-12-2019, 11:24 AM
That's a shocking way to treat your child.

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
19-12-2019, 11:34 AM

Is that not a bit of a myth?

A suit from Topshop that costs £110 and is 70% viscose isn't comparable in quality to, as an exmaple, a Paul Smith suit that costs £400 and is 100% wool. Likewise I defy anyone to say there isn't a noticeable quality difference between a Primark polo shirt and a Ralph Lauren one.

flash
19-12-2019, 11:44 AM

Looks pretty smart to me too which, again, may not be good news for the designers.

Bobby Moore
19-12-2019, 12:49 PM
I think the stuff is quite smart, on the pricey side yes, but still smart.

04Sauzee
19-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Did Luke not make the Villa kit last season. Sure the Villa fans loved it and are crying out for them to be made Kit manufacturers again.

When is our Macron deal up? :wink:

SMAXXA
19-12-2019, 01:03 PM

I’m meaning even non designed Hibs clobber, that’s even overpriced cause it’s football team badged, imo more expensive than it should be

superfurryhibby
19-12-2019, 01:26 PM

A suit from Topshop that costs £110 and is 70% viscose isn't comparable in quality to, as an exmaple, a Paul Smith suit that costs £400 and is 100% wool. Likewise I defy anyone to say there isn't a noticeable quality difference between a Primark polo shirt and a Ralph Lauren one.

As someone who has cause to dress well for work, there is no doubt about it that price and quality go hand in hand. In saying that, label cache adds to price differential considerably, but anyone with a bit savvy can find quality without breaking the bank.

AS for Luke x Hibs or whatever, I will never be buying it and I have to say I find any overpriced goods associated with our club a bit distasteful.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2019, 02:10 PM

Obviously there's a difference between rubbish and quality, but a Ralph Loren polo shirt is not 3 times as good as a decent one from M&S, Nike or Adidas etc.

You'll get a 100% wool suit at M&S or Slaters for less than £200.

I saw a pair of Armani shorts for sale at £540. What's that about?

Hibbyradge
19-12-2019, 02:38 PM
I’m meaning even non designed Hibs clobber, that’s even overpriced cause it’s football team badged, imo more expensive than it should be

It is, but that's my point.

Stick the Hilfiger badge on a plain t-shirt and you'll pay £50 for it.

Spudster
19-12-2019, 02:52 PM
The prices are inline with where Luke sits (or wants to sit) in the marketplace. I personally don't think Luke are even close to their contemporaries in terms of quality or design though.

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 09:19 PM
The jacket looks good on Chris Maxwell but probably less so on the older athletes of hibs.net.

CallumLaidlaw
19-12-2019, 09:26 PM
I think the zippy and the polo shirt are very very nice. If I had the cash, would definitely be buying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mca
19-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Seen this in a tweet.. Luke also have a soft spot for SJM... 22806

CloudSquall
19-12-2019, 10:22 PM
After the recent discussion over fashion at ER I have to laugh at grey jogging bottoms being labelled as "essentials" on the shop's webpage:greengrin

Carheenlea
20-12-2019, 09:36 AM
It’s not the kind of stuff I wear, but did have a look in their shop in Livingston after hearing of the tie up to Hibs. Not a brand I’d heard of before, but must have walked past the shop in Livingston a few times without acknowledgement if it’s been there a while.

One thing I do like though is the smaller club badge - a more subtle crest rather than one that dominates the item might be of appeal to some.

Carheenlea
20-12-2019, 09:42 AM
It is, but that's my point.

Stick the Hilfiger badge on a plain t-shirt and you'll pay £50 for it.

I’ve got a Fred Perry t shirt - if I took off the badge and put it side by side with my plain t shirts from Gap or Primark you will definitely see a big difference between quality of material and cut.

As much as some of those designer brands are over priced, the cheaper non branded items in budget stores are vastly underpriced.

GreenArmyyy!
20-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Big fail from Hibs here IMO.

Shoud’ve copied the Aston Villa Luke range by not having the club badge all over it. Would’ve been nice to have a clothing range that could be worn out and about etc. This basically ensures it’s match day only gear and given the prices it’s nowhere near worth it.

6 months to release two jumpers, a polo shirt and a t-shirt....

hughio
20-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Oh dear...very dear too....

Hibbyradge
20-12-2019, 10:00 AM
I’ve got a Fred Perry t shirt - if I took off the badge and put it side by side with my plain t shirts from Gap or Primark you will definitely see a big difference between quality of material and cut.

As much as some of those designer brands are over priced, the cheaper non branded items in budget stores are vastly underpriced.

Obviously if you're comparing budget clothes with designer, there will be a big difference.

However, there is plenty good quality clothing available which doesn't cost the premium you pay for designer.

Designer stuff has it's benefits, but I think they're more psychological than physical.

DarlingtonHibee
20-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Obviously if you're comparing budget clothes with designer, there will be a big difference.

However, there is plenty good quality clothing available which doesn't cost the premium you pay for designer.

Designer stuff has it's benefits, but I think they're more psychological than physical.

Think you have been in Yorkshire too long!!

Merry Christmas mate. Lol 😂

oldbutdim
20-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Obviously there's a difference between rubbish and quality, but a Ralph Loren polo shirt is not 3 times as good as a decent one from M&S, Nike or Adidas etc.

You'll get a 100% wool suit at M&S or Slaters for less than £200.

I saw a pair of Armani shorts for sale at £540. What's that about?

That's about £525.00 too much.

As a matter of interest, did you buy your Ralph Loren polo in Turkey? I remember picking up a couple of Adidas Eguipment shirts there at a bargain price.

The Modfather
20-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Peasants. I buy my plain white t-shirts from here. Cheap at half the price :fibber:

https://www.harveynichols.com/brand/valentino/337935-rockstud-untitled-white-cotton-t-shirt/p3527251/

Hibbyradge
20-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Think you have been in Yorkshire too long!!

Merry Christmas mate. Lol 😂

Ha ha. 😁

Hibbyradge
20-12-2019, 10:55 AM
That's about £525.00 too much.

As a matter of interest, did you buy your Ralph Loren polo in Turkey? I remember picking up a couple of Adidas Eguipment shirts there at a bargain price.

I don't have a Ralph Loren polo, but if you're buying from Turkey, I'd advise you to get size XXXXXL. After you've washed it once, it'll fit like a glove.