PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

CMurdoch
18-12-2019, 11:26 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50829151

Bolton and Forest Green come to an agreement.
Transfer Fee to Hibs given as £250k

Carheenlea
18-12-2019, 11:35 PM

We will look on this as money well spent in the future I reckon.

Since452
19-12-2019, 05:12 AM
Bargain of the season

J-C
19-12-2019, 12:07 PM
TBF he looked a bit of a huddy early on and many were questioning the fee paid, he still looks quite raw at times but whether some goals were sclaffs or not, he's in position to knock them in, that's all he needs to do.

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Really hope you continues to improve and turns out a top player for us. He was written off by so many, its some turnaround by him.

jeffers
19-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Still not convinced by him though there has been an improvement, he doesn’t look to be a clinical finisher to me.

Vault Boy
19-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Still not convinced by him though there has been an improvement, he doesn’t look to be a clinical finisher to me.

He's definitely not a clinical finisher, that can't be questioned at this point IMO. It's all about whether his positioning, physicality and awareness can offset the lack of natural finishing ability.

From the start of the season, the answer was no. These last 6 weeks, it's been a big yes. Time will tell!

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Will never be a clinical Morelos type finisher but you don't get that for £250k.
What we have is a 15-20 goals a season guy, who is a grafter, who holds the ball up well and knocks or heads it off to a team mate to keep moves going. £250k well spent.

jeffers
19-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Will never be a clinical Morelos type finisher but you don't get that for £250k.
What we have is a 15-20 goals a season guy, who is a grafter, who holds the ball up well and knocks or heads it off to a team mate to keep moves going. £250k well spent.

We could have got Shankland for no fee, looks a better all round player to me.

IWasThere2016
19-12-2019, 12:42 PM

With much better sell-on potential..

wookie70
19-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Not sure if it will be money well spent. It shows good intent from the board but Doidge has had as many poor games as good ones. If he keeps last month's form going then he will be a good buy. It does make you wonder how much Flo is worth because he is a far better player imo.

allezsauzee
19-12-2019, 01:30 PM

Have you watched Morelos? I'd say everything but his finishing (and temperament) is top class. I do agree with you on big Doidgy though.

Spudster
19-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Have you watched Morelos? I'd say everything but his finishing (and temperament) is top class. I do agree with you on big Doidgy though.

Was gonna say the same thing about Morelos. Wastes alot of chances always going for unnecessary power.

Since452
19-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Shankland plays in the championship

Shanksaidno
19-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Am really keen to see how he gets on against the jambos. Its been a long time since we had anyone to make a challenge to Berra & Co up front in the air. He needs to make his mark in that game ie win headers, hold the ball up, rough up Berra etc

we are hibs
19-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Hes improved in the last few weeks. I dont think that can be denied. Hes also started scoring goals which is all that really matters regardless of how they go in. Would i trust him 1v1 with the goalie? Probably not. I still expect more and want more from him in the future to justify the 250k we spent.

JohnMcM
19-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Well, I guess someone should tell them over in Tynecastle to contact Forest Green and ask who their building contractor is.

We pay £250k for him and today they announce they are going to have a new stadium.

:flag:

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Dundee Utd are apparently paying him a massive wage which would swallow the Doidge transfer fee up in a year.
Interestingly Dundee Utd didn't seem to have any competition for his signature from clubs in our top league or down south.
As usual time will tell.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2019, 05:59 PM

Morelos is anything but clinical. Good footballer but his finishing is often horrendous.

Fergus52
19-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Was gonna say the same thing about Morelos. Wastes alot of chances always going for unnecessary power.

Think people underrate his finishing as it's been terrible in every old firm game.

Has been pretty clinical in the Europa League and scored some great goals

Onion
19-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Will be convinced when he scores against the Yams, Huns or Smellies.

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Will be convinced when he scores against the Yams, Huns or Smellies.

He will score at Tynie.

Aldo
19-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Am really keen to see how he gets on against the jambos. Its been a long time since we had anyone to make a challenge to Berra & Co up front in the air. He needs to make his mark in that game ie win headers, hold the ball up, rough up Berra etc

You do know that any slight touch and Berra does his swan dive impersonation, throwing his arms in the air and shouts.

He did it quite a few times last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
19-12-2019, 08:10 PM
He will be scoring a shin roller special on Friday.

hibbysam
19-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Morelos is anything but clinical. Good footballer but his finishing is often horrendous.

He’s already battered in nearly 30 goals this season and scoring barrowloads in Europe. Just because he’s had a few off games against Celtic doesn’t make his finishing horrendous. His goals against Aberdeen alone last year are as clinical as you’ll see, scores all types as well.

B.H.F.C
19-12-2019, 08:24 PM
He’s already battered in nearly 30 goals this season and scoring barrowloads in Europe. Just because he’s had a few off games against Celtic doesn’t make his finishing horrendous. His goals against Aberdeen alone last year are as clinical as you’ll see, scores all types as well.

He gets at least 5 or 6 chances a game domestically. And misses more than he scores. Defoe is a far more clinical finisher, but he doesn’t offer the team as much as Morellos.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Yes, he scores plenty. He also misses plenty, more than he should. Against everyone, not just Celtic. Horrendous at Easter Road last season too. Missed 3/4 easy ones

Its 11 games without a goal vs Celtic now, more than a few off games.

ancient hibee
19-12-2019, 09:30 PM
He gets at least 5 or 6 chances a game domestically. And misses more than he scores. Defoe is a far more clinical finisher, but he doesn’t offer the team as much as Morellos.

All strikers miss more than they score.Morelos gets himself in such good positions that he misses more than other strikers but also scores more than other strikers.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 11:21 AM

I don’t dispute the fact that Defoe is more clinical, hence why I’m still nervous about him replacing Morelos tonight, however to describe his finishing as ‘horrendous’ as crazy. Every striker misses more than they score, but to have 30 goals by Xmas and be described as ‘horrendous’ finishing is lazy and wrong.

The Modfather
20-12-2019, 11:37 AM

For someone who’s “finishing Is often horrendous” he isn’t half prolific.

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2019, 01:44 PM
For someone who’s “finishing Is often horrendous” he isn’t half prolific.

Yes, I know. He scores plenty goals. His finishing is still often horrendous. He missed 2/3 real easy ones in both games at Easter Road last season and his record against Celtic is 0 in 11.

Franck Stanton
20-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Could be wrong here, but isn't this supposed to be a thread about Doidge ?