PDA

View Full Version : Middleton

we are hibs
18-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Back to the Huns in January according to the daily record. No loss. Has contributed practically nothing.

neil7908
18-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Back to the Huns in January according to the daily record. No loss. Has contributed practically nothing.

Was always a strange signing.

Sammy7nil
18-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Shame thought he would do better just never worked out for him. He Will turn up at Motherwell in the near future.

The Modfather
18-12-2019, 10:11 PM
In an ideal world we could swap him for Docherty on loan for the rest of the season.

SMAXXA
18-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Would rather see us bring Gullan back and give him the opportunity Middleton had

Jonnyboy
18-12-2019, 10:14 PM
Would rather see us bring Gullan back and give him the opportunity Middleton had

:agree:

Since452
19-12-2019, 05:19 AM
No better than any of our young players on the periphery of the first team

Stonewall
19-12-2019, 05:45 AM
No better than any of our young players on the periphery of the first team

Exactly. A pointless signing if ever there was one.

One of Lennon’s strong points was his willingness to give our young players a chance. Hecky was touted as having a reputation for bringing through young players but did nothing in that area and Ross appears to be following suit (That may be slightly unfair).

it’s all very well getting moist about the development team beating Brentford and Celtic etc but if none of them even close to making a breakthrough it does kind of beg the question as to why we are spending resources on the development team particularly if we are continually bringing in “blockers” like Middleton from other clubs. He appeared to be no better than what we had and if the likes of Shaw and Fraser Murray are not good enough why are they still here?

Heisenberg
19-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Contributed **** all and no better than what we’ve got. Well rid in January.

Golden Bear
19-12-2019, 06:21 AM
He was unfortunate enough to be around in turbulent times at ER. I can't honestly say that I saw enough of the guy to judge whether or not he might have been an asset in the future but he seems to perform well in the national teams so he obviously has some talent.

He's still a young lad and will hopefully go on to have a successful career (but not in the games against us!)

JimBHibees
19-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Has potential didn't really work out thought at times he should have got more game time example the home Derby where he did more in the 10 mins he was on than many that played whole game.

theonlywayisup
19-12-2019, 06:32 AM
He was unfortunate enough to be around in turbulent times at ER. I can't honestly say that I saw enough of the guy to judge whether or not he might have been an asset in the future but he seems to perform well in the national teams so he obviously has some talent.

He's still a young lad and will hopefully go on to have a successful career (but not in the games against us!)

I agree. I think he's shown for Scotland u21s that he's a good player, in addition to a few good displays for The Rangers.

Many players performed poorly when Hecky was in charge, so not surprised to say Middleton was another one. Also, it hasn't helped him that we've had a team playing well since Ross came in.

Peevemor
19-12-2019, 06:38 AM
One of my mates was across in Edinburgh in August and took in the St Johnstone match at ER (2-2). He's a regular match goer here (Rennes) and for him Middleton was our stand-out player that day.

Funny how things change.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Had Boyle not broken down at Elgin I doubt we'd ever have signed him.

Thought he started quite brightly but flattered to deceive and now that we have other options out wide I don't see him getting much game time.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Wish him all the best at The Rangers and for the rest of his career but not against us

Shame things didn’t work out for the boy

Brightside
19-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Swap for Docherty would be a great shout.

bingo70
19-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Had Boyle not broken down at Elgin I doubt we'd ever have signed him.

Thought he started quite brightly but flattered to deceive and now that we have other options out wide I don't see him getting much game time.

That’s what I didn’t get though and summed up Heckingbottoms transfer activity.

Boyle was a right winger and our only really quick player. When he got injured we signed a left winger to replace him?!

I don’t think he started that brightly tbh. Alarm bells were ringing for me when people were talking about how he had a lovely touch and he had great control etc..... I know he got a couple of assists early on but I don’t really want my wingers to be spoken about for being able to control a ball.

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 07:01 AM
One of my mates was across in Edinburgh in August and took in the St Johnstone match at ER (2-2). He's a regular match goer here (Rennes) and for him Middleton was our stand-out player that day.

Funny how things change.

I thought he was very good that day and I think he'll turn out to be a good player. Just because it didn't work out at Hibs under Hecky doesn't really mean much.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2019, 07:14 AM
Scored a few for the Under 21s

I suppose I was expecting more of an end product

Did a lot of defensive work in Heckys teams and looked bright when he came on late versus Hearts but in fairness did not get a lot of game time to show us what he can really do

Smartie
19-12-2019, 07:16 AM
I thought he was one of a few players who looked a bit lost with Hecky’s formation of 1 up front.

There’s a player in there, we just didn’t see anything like the best of him.

I would also say that I have a wee bit extra respect for him for making what was a controversial move between 2 clubs who seriously dislike each other. He could have got pelters from both groups of fans, he joined us and did his best but it didn’t really work out for him like he might have wanted. He stuck his neck on the line to help our club and deserves a decent bit of gratitude.

Diclonius
19-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Still can't get my head around why we signed a Rangers player on loan.

Forza Fred
19-12-2019, 07:18 AM
I was expecting a flying machine based on his media write ups.

Didn’t quite work out like that

calumhibee1
19-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Still can't get my head around why we signed a Rangers player on loan.

Same reason we’ve signed numerous Celtic players on loan - we expected him to improve the team?

calumhibee1
19-12-2019, 07:24 AM

From what I remembered of his appearances for Rangers that’s exactly what he was but it definitely didn’t work out that way.

overdrive
19-12-2019, 07:29 AM

Must be one of the slowest wingers ever

Brightside
19-12-2019, 07:30 AM
That’s what I didn’t get though and summed up Heckingbottoms transfer activity.

Boyle was a right winger and our only really quick player. When he got injured we signed a left winger to replace him?!

I don’t think he started that brightly tbh. Alarm bells were ringing for me when people were talking about how he had a lovely touch and he had great control etc..... I know he got a couple of assists early on but I don’t really want my wingers to be spoken about for being able to control a ball.

Middleton came from the recruitment dept. Hecky had no idea who he was.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Must be one of the slowest wingers ever

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 07:33 AM
Always thought that was on the cards when he removed all mentions of Hibs from his social media. No great loss this one.

calumhibee1
19-12-2019, 07:35 AM

Eh that’s not how it works. All the bad signings were PH mind.. especially that ****ing Doidge guy :greengrin

supermcginn
19-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Good. Nothing worse than a slow winger.

happiehibbie
19-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Exactly. A pointless signing if ever there was one.

One of Lennon’s strong points was his willingness to give our young players a chance. Hecky was touted as having a reputation for bringing through young players but did nothing in that area and Ross appears to be following suit (That may be slightly unfair).

it’s all very well getting moist about the development team beating Brentford and Celtic etc but if none of them even close to making a breakthrough it does kind of beg the question as to why we are spending resources on the development team particularly if we are continually bringing in “blockers” like Middleton from other clubs. He appeared to be no better than what we had and if the likes of Shaw and Fraser Murray are not good enough why are they still here?

Still young but keep an eye on Shanley

lyonhibs
19-12-2019, 07:41 AM
Same reason we’ve signed numerous Celtic players on loan - we expected him to improve the team?

Exactly. Odd thing to be unable to get your head round tbh.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2019, 07:48 AM

I assume Heckingbottom approved the deal as is standard practice with our transfer dealings?

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 07:54 AM
File him in between Alan O’Brien and Phil Airey. Good luck Glen, simply not good enough.

Brightside
19-12-2019, 08:05 AM
I assume Heckingbottom approved the deal as is standard practice with our transfer dealings?

More than likely.... but we can assume he was trusting the recruitment dept. Mind you everyone in football said he was a pacy winger??

Billy Whizz
19-12-2019, 08:28 AM
More than likely.... but we can assume he was trusting the recruitment dept. Mind you everyone in football said he was a pacy winger??

Played most of his best football through the middle

Vault Boy
19-12-2019, 09:02 AM
I really rated Middleton at Norwich but it's fair to say this hasn't worked out.

It wouldn't hurt to bring in a left footed winger for balance though.

J-C
19-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Heckingbottom's problem with younger players was he struggled to get his senior players winning and was too stubborn to admit his mistakes and play a couple of the younger lads, Oli, Murray and Gullan were pushed to the side while he attempted to get his players working. Funnily enough as soon as he's gone Vela, Middleton and James are nowhere near the team.

Smartie
19-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Heckingbottom's problem with younger players was he struggled to get his senior players winning and was too stubborn to admit his mistakes and play a couple of the younger lads, Oli, Murray and Gullan were pushed to the side while he attempted to get his players working. Funnily enough as soon as he's gone Vela, Middleton and James are nowhere near the team.

For all they’re nowhere near the team just now, I’m convinced that both Middleton and James could play a positive role in the team, Middleton especially.

Vela deserves a clean slate and I wouldn’t entirely write him off either.

I’m not sure exactly what was wrong under Hecky but as time goes by it looks a lot less like it was down to the quality of the players available, which is what most of us had thought.

HoboHarry
19-12-2019, 12:18 PM
For all they’re nowhere near the team just now, I’m convinced that both Middleton and James could play a positive role in the team, Middleton especially.

I’m not sure exactly what was wrong under Hecky but as time goes by it looks a lot less like it was down to the quality of the players available, which is what most of us had thought.

superfurryhibby
19-12-2019, 12:21 PM

I'd be happy to see all three of them depart ER in January. Unlikely to happen, but we can but wish. Three of the worst players seen at Hibs in recent years.

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Vela is the biggest disappointment. Was probably the most exciting of the signings, I remember people on here saying we had no chance of getting him. Not seen anything at all that would suggest there is a player in there.

Smartie
19-12-2019, 12:30 PM
I'd be happy to see all three of them depart ER in January. Unlikely to happen, but we can but wish. Three of the worst players seen at Hibs in recent years.

A few short weeks ago Doidge and Newell were the worst of the lot.

I can understand why folk wouldn’t want to give experience to a Rangers player. I thought James was doing fine before he had a horror show against an excellent Celtic side. Vela has been a massive disappointment but he’s shown decent stuff in flashes - and if Doidge can turn it around to the extent he has, then who is to say Vela might not do likewise if given the chance?

If these are the worst players you’ve seen play for us, I can only assume you weren’t around during the Rowan Vine era.

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 12:59 PM

The Hecky tactics were a disaster for most of the players and Middleton hasn't had a chance post Hecky to show what he can do.
He is only 19 and was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Did nothing wrong, he was ready to do his stuff but we were in the firm grip of the bore off that was Heckenbottom Hibs.
I am as sure as you can be that he will have a decent career.
A shame he wasn't allowed to show us what he could do.

superfurryhibby
19-12-2019, 01:05 PM
A few short weeks ago Doidge and Newell were the worst of the lot.

I can understand why folk wouldn’t want to give experience to a Rangers player. I thought James was doing fine before he had a horror show against an excellent Celtic side. Vela has been a massive disappointment but he’s shown decent stuff in flashes - and if Doidge can turn it around to the extent he has, then who is to say Vela might not do likewise if given the chance?

If these are the worst players you’ve seen play for us, I can only assume you weren’t around during the Rowan Vine era.

Eh, in recent years I said, I was thinking that meant maybe the past four-five years at most.

I've never felt Doidge was the worst of the recent signings, so not applicable to me. Newall has a lot to prove still, but at least he has shown some ability. Maybe James and Vela will come good for us, but I think not. Vela at least has a pedigree which suggests he can potentially play better, James has performed at the standard I would expect from a lower-non league player coming to the SPL and that is pretty much out of his depth.

scoopyboy
19-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Swap for Docherty would be a great shout.

He's not ours to swap though.

Brightside
19-12-2019, 01:51 PM
He's not ours to swap though.

Of course - but if they would be up for taking Middleton back and giving us Docherty id bite their hands off.

jacomo
19-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Funny how things change.

He was good in that match - showed good technique and willing to run at their back line. But he seems to have faded since then.

Smartie
19-12-2019, 01:58 PM
He was good in that match - showed good technique and willing to run at their back line. But he seems to have faded since then.

We started that game with 2 up front and had a good first half, all the players looked more comfortable.

The second half was a disaster right enough.

J-C
19-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Taking players from rivals on loan isn't what we should be doing, theres a difference when we were in the Championship but now in the same league it should be a no no. If we do look at loans, then players from top English teams is the way forward.

scoopyboy
19-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Taking players from rivals on loan isn't what we should be doing, theres a difference when we were in the Championship but now in the same league it should be a no no. If we do look at loans, then players from top English teams is the way forward.

I agree in principal, however I would make an exception for Leigh Griffiths. :greengrin

Leith's finest
19-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Heard that Murphy and docherty are going on loan to hertz from sevco

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 02:39 PM
I agree in principal, however I would make an exception for Leigh Griffiths. :greengrin

Was about to say the same thing. I don't imagine anyone would complain about Griffiths signing.

bingo70
19-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Heard that Murphy and docherty are going on loan to hertz from sevco

Think you’re only allowed one loan from another Premier league club?

O'Rourke3
19-12-2019, 03:07 PM
The boy that came on and bamboozled the Hearts defense in Sept demonstrated clearly there was a player in there. Signed because we'd lost Boyler for a bit. Didnt work out. Learn and move on. Simples.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
19-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Think you’re only allowed one loan from another Premier league club?

Correct

eastcoasthibby
19-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Drew's a wage up in January ....regards someone wanting Jamie Gillan back ..leave him out at Raith for the season let him get good game time there for the season ..he will come Back here and kick his heels ....he will benefit from it out there.

Gaffer1875
19-12-2019, 10:58 PM
I just don’t see it with GM, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
19-12-2019, 11:46 PM
He's rubbish.

Hibeesmad
20-12-2019, 12:43 AM
I doubt Rangers would be in any rush to loan any more players to us after giving a lack of game time to Middleton.

monktonharp
20-12-2019, 12:54 AM

I’m not sure exactly what was wrong under Hecky but as time goes by it looks a lot less like it was down to the quality of the players available, which is what most of us had thought.sorry to disagree greatly on this one but I happen to be totally against the 3 you mention. those types, are the real problem we had when Hecky was in charge. sorry to disagree so strongly but I think that none of them are what Hibernian fans expect.

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2019, 04:21 AM
I doubt Rangers would be in any rush to loan any more players to us after giving a lack of game time to Middleton.

Why would he want them? He has offered nothing.

we are hibs
20-12-2019, 06:54 AM

That'll be the sound of thousands of hearts breaking down Leith at the thought of this devestating outcome

Diclonius
20-12-2019, 07:43 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

JDHibs
20-12-2019, 08:14 AM
The problem under Hecky?

HE brought in players that didnt fit the system he wanted to play & didnt sign the right players for the system, & was too stubborn to change to a system that suited the players he had at his disposal.

Jack has set up the team in a way where the players he has are comfortable & allows them to play. Stendal is making the same mistake at Hearts so far, he cant force his philosophy on players that can do it.

Simple really.